PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Chief Zambini

Flaming Horsehead
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I've been lurking here for a pretty long time and I've also had the pleasure of seeing your recent threads. You're most likely a troll but I'm calling you out. Tebow went off on the #1 D in the NFL and the Defense was excellent. Either you stand behind our Broncos or you do us all a favor and shut up. What's it gonna be? :cool:

BigDaddyBronco
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
He's not a troll, just insane.

Flaming Horsehead
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
He's not a troll, just insane.

Ah ok. Yeah, I mean it's one thing to be critical of your team's quarterback but this guy is just nuts!

Dreadnought
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Zam seriously loves his Broncos, but that doesn't mean he isn't much like the local Hobo who rants and raves to himself nonsensically, pushing his grocery cart full of PBR cans and soiled sweatpants.

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Zam doesnt LOVE the broncos, hes just a bronco fan, This dude hopes the broncos lose at times just so he can prance around about how right he was about something. tebow having this game for zams broncos hurts zam. i can guarantee zam hates this win.

BroncoStud
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Zam lol...

Timmy!
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Lol. :pop2:

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Zam doesnt LOVE the broncos, hes just a bronco fan, This dude hopes the broncos lose at times just so he can prance around about how right he was about something. tebow having this game for zams broncos hurts zam. i can guarantee zam hates this win.

Bad assumption on your part. Every Broncos fan is happy about this win.

People who accuse everyone who is negative about Tebow of not being a Broncos fan are worse than people who post the negative stuff over and over.

sneakers
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I wish someone would call me out.

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
There are plenty of broncos fans here that need to be eating crow. But just wait till next week if bad things happen, they will be back to saying Tebow sucks again.

hotcarl
lol at everything forever

gnomeflinger
You have 5 posts and joined no less than a week ago. How do you qualify yourself as been "lurking here for a pretty long time?"

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Bad assumption on your part. Every Broncos fan is happy about this win.

People who accuse everyone who is negative about Tebow of not being a Broncos fan are worse than people who post the negative stuff over and over.

saying hes a fullback is more than being negative. saying he has no chance is more than being negative, saying he should be benched is more than being negative. i know zam ALOT this win hurts zam. dont speak on what you dont know son.

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
saying hes a fullback is more than being negative. saying he has no chance is more than being negative, saying he should be benched is more than being negative. i know zam ALOT this win hurts zam. dont speak on what you dont know son.

That doesn't mean a Broncos fan isn't happy about this win just because his criticisms of a specific player look unfounded afterwards.

If you know Zam so well then have him admit that he was, in fact, cheering against Denver because he wanted to be right about Tebow. Otherwise, you're just assuming.

topscribe
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I've been lurking here for a pretty long time and I've also had the pleasure of seeing your recent threads. You're most likely a troll but I'm calling you out. Tebow went off on the #1 D in the NFL and the Defense was excellent. Either you stand behind our Broncos or you do us all a favor and shut up. What's it gonna be? :cool:

So you signed up just to flame Zam, right?

Gotcha.

topscribe
01-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Consider yourself called . . . :fight:

rcsodak
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Ah ok. Yeah, I mean it's one thing to be critical of your team's quarterback but this guy is just nuts!

So, if they had lost, like 99.99% of the people thought, you'd have stayed in the shadows?

How big of ya.

Speaking of trolls...... :coffee:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

FlyByU
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Gotcha.

:laugh: You flame more then he has :laugh:

topscribe
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
:laugh: You flame more then he has :laugh:
Are you stalking me?

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Ben Roethlisberger wore a ridiculous hat in his postgame press conference.

Chef Zambini
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I am thrilled with the win and glad to be eating my plate of crow! TEBOW had a solid performance.
It toookus less time to score in OT than it did for the ref to explain the OT rules !
It was fantastic! Soprry to spoil anyones notions of who I am but I am elated with the win !
I may not think TT is a bonafide NFL QB, but I do love my broncos and every bronco victory, especially a PLAY-OFF victory!
stay calm my friends, enjoy the win, but recognise that these steeler we beat this week were definatly not at full strength!
They just lost to the browns, did they not, and today even more streelers dropped due to injury.

broncosfannum24
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
They beat the browns, and we have the youngest offense in the league,
and didnt have our best saftey and von miller at full strength, and we aso didnt have our best linemen.

So saying we beat them when they werent at full strength is a cop out, more like they couldnt beat us when werent at full strength thats the side no one is talking about

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I am thrilled with the win and glad to be eating my plate of crow! TEBOW had a solid performance.
It toookus less time to score in OT than it did for the ref to explain the OT rules !
It was fantastic! Soprry to spoil anyones notions of who I am but I am elated with the win !
I may not think TT is a bonafide NFL QB, but I do love my broncos and every bronco victory, especially a PLAY-OFF victory!
stay calm my friends, enjoy the win, but recognise that these steeler we beat this week were definatly not at full strength!
They just lost to the browns, did they not, and today even more streelers dropped due to injury.

Great point! It was a great win and kudos to Tebow, the Defense (Doom), and Thomas for coming together like a perfect storm to seal the victory.

Next seasons schecule is going to be a MO-FO! So we still have our challenges.:D

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Ben Roethlisberger wore a ridiculous hat in his postgame press conference.

Big Ben was styl-in and setting an East Coast-West Coast Trend!!!;)

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
They beat the browns, and we have the youngest offense in the league,
and didnt have our best saftey and von miller at full strength, and we aso didnt have our best linemen.

So saying we beat them when they werent at full strength is a cop out, more like they couldnt beat us when werent at full strength thats the side no one is talking about

Injuries are part of the game. Staying healthy and getting key players back from injuries in time for the playoffs is key to winning in the post season.

All teams must juggle the injury bug or stay lucky enough to be injury free.:coffee:

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Lol @ the injuries excuses. man get outta here with that crap.

Zweems56
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Zam seriously loves his Broncos, but that doesn't mean he isn't much like the local Hobo who rants and raves to himself nonsensically, pushing his grocery cart full of PBR cans and soiled sweatpants.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Gotcha.

His very first post, IIRC was something like:

I've been lurking on this board for a very long time. I finally joined to tell you to shut up.

I immediately fell in love with Flaming Horsehead. Whether the poster is a man or woman, I don't care.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Lol @ the injuries excuses. man get outta here with that crap.

Injuries ain't no excuses they are a fact of life in the NFL.

vettesplus
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
There are plenty of broncos fans here that need to be eating crow. But just wait till next week if bad things happen, they will be back to saying Tebow sucks again.

i am eating a huge plate of crow, but loving every bite....congrats broncos on a great win.........

Chef Zambini
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
... following 16 NFL games NO TEAM is at full strength!
All teams have injuries, some more than others.
Not having DAWKINS is a big issue for us!
the steekers, we beat them fair and square, regardless of some very questionable referee action to boot!
I just bring the injury aspect up to caution my fellw bronco fans who think our next challenge, tyhe PATS will be an easier opponent.

Joel
01-09-2012, 02:34 AM
the steekers, we beat them fair and square, regardless of some very questionable referee action to boot!
I just bring the injury aspect up to caution my fellw bronco fans who think our next challenge, tyhe PATS will be an easier opponent.
Much better offense, much worse defence. In terms of difficulty, I consider it a wash. We were beating them without even bothering to pass last time until we coughed the ball up three times on our end of the field; if we play like we did today... we put up 29.5 points (no PAT because it was OT) on the Leagues best D, with our best pass blocking guard and #2 WR on the bench. We could actually win a shootout with NE playing that way. I don't think we should TRY, but it's doable.

But, yeah, if a 50 year fan commenting on a MB solely to bash the QB is weak, making an account just to bash HIM for that is kinda weak, too. ;)

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 02:40 AM

sneakers, you're out.

Flaming Horsehead
01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
This thread exploded overnight. And Zambini, you are definitely a class act.

Fullback32
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
saying hes a fullback is more than being negative.

Calling someone a fullback is the highest of compliments. Take it back. :D

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
It's "chef" zambini

GEM
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
You have 5 posts and joined no less than a week ago. How do you qualify yourself as been "lurking here for a pretty long time?"

He read the board as a guest.

shank
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

i could have, but i project very well. it's all about the diaphragm.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Zam, I'd like to take a moment to apologize for smearing your name across this board right now. I'm glad we share the Broncos as a common bond. As well as cooking. I will still have fights with you over the internet, but right now you are being a stand up guy. I totally respect that.

VonSackemMiller
01-09-2012, 12:56 PM
He read the board as a guest.

then im sure he read your tebow rants all week. you still want a real qb? you still want the tebow circus out of town?:D

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM

I am relatively proZam, but would probably hate him IRL. This is not inconceivable. He is that nuts. Here's my take. He wants everything his way down to the stitch. In terms of the Broncos, he wants them to win playing the perfect games. those of course are what he has fabricated in his sick mind. You know what? He's a damn mess when it gets right down to it.

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM

he lurked before he started posting

topscribe
01-09-2012, 01:11 PM
This thread exploded overnight. And Zambini, you are definitely a class act.

He's nuts. That's why I like him, I guess . . . I identify with him . . .

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
He's nuts. That's why I like him, I guess . . . I identify with him . . .

you guys are kinda similar. I think you are kinder than zam, less arrogant and egotistical. but you both can pout like little pussyboys

LRtagger
01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Is this the same Zam from the old forums that hated Shanahan so much?

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Is this the same Zam from the old forums that hated Shanahan so much?

the one and only. the one that hates everybody but Lance Armstrong

artie_dale
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I will say that Zam is one of my all time favs. He's a "glass half full" dude. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, he's nuts some times too, but I personally like a little crazy outside the box, back to reality, flavor every now and then. He's also a proud standup guy and veteran Bronco fan who I wouldn't hesitate to have a beer with if I ever make it to AZ.
I'd say Nut is at the top of my list too. Thanks again for that care package, Nut. I bought you a little gift from Afghanistan and plan on getting that to you in the near future.

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I will say that Zam is one of my all time favs. He's a "glass half full" dude. Nothing wrong with that. Yes, he's nuts some times too, but I personally like a little crazy outside the box, back to reality, flavor every now and then. He's also a proud standup guy and veteran Bronco fan who I wouldn't hesitate to have a beer with if I ever make it to AZ.
I'd say Nut is at the top of my list too. Thanks again for that care package, Nut. I bought you a little gift from Afghanistan and plan on getting that to you in the near future.

awesome cool. didn't have to do that. I would totally have meet up with Zam if given the chance. he's definitely a colorful character. He's passionate, that's for sure.

Chef Zambini
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Zam, I'd like to take a moment to apologize for smearing your name across this board right now. I'm glad we share the Broncos as a common bond. As well as cooking. I will still have fights with you over the internet, but right now you are being a stand up guy. I totally respect that.no need to apologize, no offense taken.
I love OUR broncos, I have been a devoted, fan since I was 5 only because they DID NOT EXIST when i was 4.
Football is my favorite sport, by far, and it does illicit some strong emotions!
I recognize that my opinion often irritates the majority and sometimes I just enjoy pushing some buttons. BUT...
I definatly feel a bond to fellow bronco fans and POSTERS and would love to share a beer and watch ANY game of pro ball with anyone I meet on a bronco board.
Go Broncos !

Chef Zambini
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Much better offense, much worse defence. In terms of difficulty, I consider it a wash. We were beating them without even bothering to pass last time until we coughed the ball up three times on our end of the field; if we play like we did today... we put up 29.5 points (no PAT because it was OT) on the Leagues best D, with our best pass blocking guard and #2 WR on the bench. We could actually win a shootout with NE playing that way. I don't think we should TRY, but it's doable.

But, yeah, if a 50 year fan commenting on a MB solely to bash the QB is weak, making an account just to bash HIM for that is kinda weak, too. ;)regardless of what we think, our broncos, THE PLAYERS feel ike they let one get away last time we faced the Pats.
They go in full of confidence with nothing to lose, essentially playing with house money !
Pats have an aweful secondary, I think those guys will lose some sleep this week thinking about facing TEBOW and our PASSING attack !
I thought our broncos had little chance against LEBEAU and his defense, but even the HOF'er dick alterted his D to attack TT and it blew up in his face !
MCCOY continues to prove that he is the MASTYER of in game adjustments, and following our win thaT CAME from performance and effort,
NOT HOCUS-POCUS, I am giving our broncos an even shot at disappointing the home town chowder heads !

tubby
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Zam, I'm glad you weren't at the Steelers game to jinx us.

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Zam, I'm glad you weren't at the Steelers game to jinx us.

Hey Tubby. Remember that time I asked you for Mo number and I ended up calling you instead of MO? Huh, do you remember that?

tubby
01-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey Tubby. Remember that time I asked you for Mo number and I ended up calling you instead of MO? Huh, do you remember that?

No. I remember you asking for Hoes number and you ended up calling me instead of Hoe.

One time Zam came to Denver for a Broncos Steelers game, a fairly important one, and jinxed the living shyt out of them.

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
How can you hate Zam? He loves the Broncos and is passionate about how he thinks they should be fixed. He is like half the people on this message board in that aspect.

Just don't ask him to go to a bull fight with you.

BroncoNut
01-10-2012, 03:32 PM
No. I remember you asking for Hoes number and you ended up calling me instead of Hoe.

One time Zam came to Denver for a Broncos Steelers game, a fairly important one, and jinxed the living shyt out of them.

OMG. you basically just reiterated what I had said.. and I thought I was the retard.

Hey tubby do that "what can I say, I'm a lady's man" routine.

Flaming Horsehead
01-10-2012, 03:54 PM
How can you hate Zam? He loves the Broncos and is passionate about how he thinks they should be fixed. He is like half the people on this message board in that aspect.

Just don't ask him to go to a bull fight with you.

Don't put words in my mouth bro. I don't hate him at all, as I said in an earlier post, he is a class act. He could have EASILY came in here, went off and sent my ass packing, but he handled it all like a gentleman and I have a lot of respect for him especially after that. My thread is more-so a knee jerk respose because of his high criticism of Tebow these last few weeks and I got tired of it because I thought that everybody who was ragging on Tebow and drinking the Flynn kool aid needed to chill out.

And point noted about the bullfight.

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't put words in my mouth bro. I don't hate him at all, as I said in an earlier post, he is a class act. He could have EASILY came in here, went off and sent my ass packing, but he handled it all like a gentleman and I have a lot of respect for him especially after that. My thread is more-so a knee jerk respose because of his high criticism of Tebow these last few weeks and I got tired of it because I thought that everybody who was ragging on Tebow and drinking the Flynn kool aid needed to chill out.

And point noted about the bullfight.

I wasn't referring to your post, just hate to Zam in general. You should have seen some of the stuff said to him on the Freak.

slim
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Zam is my Bronco brother.

BroncoJoe
01-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Zam is an idiot.

But I still love him.

Joel
01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
regardless of what we think, our broncos, THE PLAYERS feel ike they let one get away last time we faced the Pats.
They go in full of confidence with nothing to lose, essentially playing with house money !
Pats have an aweful secondary, I think those guys will lose some sleep this week thinking about facing TEBOW and our PASSING attack !
I thought our broncos had little chance against LEBEAU and his defense, but even the HOF'er dick alterted his D to attack TT and it blew up in his face !
MCCOY continues to prove that he is the MASTYER of in game adjustments, and following our win thaT CAME from performance and effort,
NOT HOCUS-POCUS, I am giving our broncos an even shot at disappointing the home town chowder heads !
Sounds like even you're on board with the Tebow Experiment now. :tongue: Just remember: His 16th pro start is next week; unless we make the Conference Championship, Andy Dalton will have more career starts than Tebow. There are bound to be more bumps on the road.

In fact, I'm still not convinced he's our franchise QB; I just see more of the potential to be. As long as I'm seeing more good than bad, he's still trying to improve and succeeding in doing so, I don't want to change horses in midstream. If, this time next year, or the following one, we're still going into games wondering if we get Good Tebow or Bad Tebow, I'll want a change. Playing well 75% of the time will get you to the playoffs, but that's a single elimination tourny: Your first bad game finishes you, as a lot of very talented players and teams have discovered. Some spend entire careers demonstrating that.

This year, I agree it's all gravy now. The coaches may have decided that LAST week, or maybe McCoy is trying to audition for that Jags job, or maybe Fox heard Elway telling the press "pull the trigger, Timmy" all week and knows he's on a three year contract. Whatever the reason, our PLAYCALLING along with our execution was much better against Pitt. There were far more first and second down throws against those 8 and 9 man fronts, which is why Thomas only had ONE reception <50 yards. The first one, that started the second quarter scoring explosion, was immediately after a throw to Decker that would've been a catch if Harrison hadn't knocked it lose with (yet) a(nother) cheap shot. But we got the first down, ran once, then threw a deep TD strike to Royal on SECOND and 9. Of course we all know what happened on 1st and 10 in OT. ;)

That is one component of my ideal offense, but only one. From your posts on strategy I suspect we see it much the same in many ways: I ALWAYS want to run more than pass, and have done multiple page long posts at BF on the reasons, citing whole seasons of numbers thoroughly crunched.

Turnover percentage is lower; for every 2 rushing fumbles there are 5 interceptions.

Yards per attempt is only slightly lower; from memory, it's about 4.2 rushing and 6.7 passing (so Tebow isn't far from the NFL average this year, despite an abysmal completion percentage about where it was Sunday.)

Obviously, it rests your D, tires theirs and gives opponents few chances to score; if you have 3 drives of 9:00 each, it's half time.

However, you can't run all the time; for one thing, every D has an off day and sooner or later you'll find yourself down 12 half way through the 4th quarter, at which point your running attack is largely sidelined even when you have the ball. Also, as we've seen this year, if you NEVER pass defences sell out on your run, and stuff it. The critical thing is to recognize that, while passing increases RISK, it should also increase potential REWARD.

That's why I HATE the West Coast Offense, because that cute little "aerial rushing" show sacrifices all advantages of greater yardage and likelihood of TDs, for only slightly reduced, but never eliminated, risk of interceptions--which often go for defensive TDs. Getting picked on one of those 50 yard bombs Tebow was slinging Sunday is basically a punt; when a DB jumps a quick out with no one in front of him it's more often than not a pick six. In fact, a defensive TD is probably MORE likely than an offensive one on that play, yet people keep calling it. Even if it works, you usually get about 5 yards--just like a decent run, but far riskier. Even a BAD run will usually get a yard or two; if the quick out fails 2nd/3rd and 10 is the BEST CASE scenario. I'm not saying never do it; if you ONLY throw 10+ yard passes defences will just start backing up every time they know you're passing, but don't LIVE in that short passing game. The higher completion percentages may be very pretty, but they aren't worth anything, certainly not a bunch of punts and pick sixes.

Twenty-five years ago the phrase "pick six" didn't exist; what changed? Coaches tried to clone Walshs '49ers, which might be wise in a draft with half a dozen Montanas and Rices, but any other time it's a pick machine.

I do almost pity Belicheat getting ready for this game though: Do you follow the seasons conventional wisdom, stack the box against Denver and dare Tebow to beat you with his arm? He's missing his (former) #1 WR, but that was true the whole time he was hitting long precise passes for 31 yards per catch. Maybe keep your safeties back, drop a LB or two into zone, and rush 5 or 6 then. Knowing that Denver ran for 252 yards on you last time even when you DID stack the box to stop it.

The smart money says Tebow can't yet turn in whole games of precision deep passing every week, and won't have to if the #17 rushing defence can't slow down him and McGahee on the ground, and that's where I expect Belicheat to bet. Even if he gives up another 252 rushing yards, if he also forces 3 turnovers on our end of the field the rushing yards may not matter any more than last time. Of course... if he DOES sell out on the run, DOES shut it down, forcing us to switch to passing against loaded boxes, and Tebow DOES hit his deep passes again... the #31 passing defence could be in BIG trouble.

IF we hang onto the ball and run as well as we did last time, Tebow may not have to hit many passes, and that's still where OUR smart money is. We should still take our deep shots when they're there; if we can put THEM in a double digit hole our running game could finish them without even scoring much more, and keep Brady from working any magic of his own against our porous secondary. But our emphasis should definitely be on running, as much because it plays to their weak suit as to our strong one (the combination is DARNED appealing though.)

TT15Superman
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Injuries ain't no excuses they are a fact of life in the NFL.Not to mention that this was really a blowout. The Broncos outplayed and outcoached the Steelers. If not for 1 bad call (non-fumble), DT's earlier RAC mistake (which would've been 7 vs 3), and Champs INT drop, the Broncos are way more ahead than 23-6. At least 30-6 in my estimation.

For all those who say that the Steelers only lost because they were banged up, the Steelers did not come close to winning without things falling in their favor.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Sounds like even you're on board with the Tebow Experiment now. :tongue: Just remember: His 16th pro start is next week; unless we make the Conference Championship, Andy Dalton will have more career starts than Tebow. There are bound to be more bumps on the road.

In fact, I'm still not convinced he's our franchise QB; I just see more of the potential to be. As long as I'm seeing more good than bad, he's still trying to improve and succeeding in doing so, I don't want to change horses in midstream. If, this time next year, or the following one, we're still going into games wondering if we get Good Tebow or Bad Tebow, I'll want a change. Playing well 75% of the time will get you to the playoffs, but that's a single elimination tourny: Your first bad game finishes you, as a lot of very talented players and teams have discovered. Some spend entire careers demonstrating that.

This year, I agree it's all gravy now. The coaches may have decided that LAST week, or maybe McCoy is trying to audition for that Jags job, or maybe Fox heard Elway telling the press "pull the trigger, Timmy" all week and knows he's on a three year contract. Whatever the reason, our PLAYCALLING along with our execution was much better against Pitt. There were far more first and second down throws against those 8 and 9 man fronts, which is why Thomas only had ONE reception <50 yards. The first one, that started the second quarter scoring explosion, was immediately after a throw to Decker that would've been a catch if Harrison hadn't knocked it lose with (yet) a(nother) cheap shot. But we got the first down, ran once, then threw a deep TD strike to Royal on SECOND and 9. Of course we all know what happened on 1st and 10 in OT. ;)

That is one component of my ideal offense, but only one. From your posts on strategy I suspect we see it much the same in many ways: I ALWAYS want to run more than pass, and have done multiple page long posts at BF on the reasons, citing whole seasons of numbers thoroughly crunched.

Turnover percentage is lower; for every 2 rushing fumbles there are 5 interceptions.

Yards per attempt is only slightly lower; from memory, it's about 4.2 rushing and 6.7 passing (so Tebow isn't far from the NFL average this year, despite an abysmal completion percentage about where it was Sunday.)

Obviously, it rests your D, tires theirs and gives opponents few chances to score; if you have 3 drives of 9:00 each, it's half time.

However, you can't run all the time; for one thing, every D has an off day and sooner or later you'll find yourself down 12 half way through the 4th quarter, at which point your running attack is largely sidelined even when you have the ball. Also, as we've seen this year, if you NEVER pass defences sell out on your run, and stuff it. The critical thing is to recognize that, while passing increases RISK, it should also increase potential REWARD.

That's why I HATE the West Coast Offense, because that cute little "aerial rushing" show sacrifices all advantages of greater yardage and likelihood of TDs, for only slightly reduced, but never eliminated, risk of interceptions--which often go for defensive TDs. Getting picked on one of those 50 yard bombs Tebow was slinging Sunday is basically a punt; when a DB jumps a quick out with no one in front of him it's more often than not a pick six. In fact, a defensive TD is probably MORE likely than an offensive one on that play, yet people keep calling it. Even if it works, you usually get about 5 yards--just like a decent run, but far riskier. Even a BAD run will usually get a yard or two; if the quick out fails 2nd/3rd and 10 is the BEST CASE scenario. I'm not saying never do it; if you ONLY throw 10+ yard passes defences will just start backing up every time they know you're passing, but don't LIVE in that short passing game. The higher completion percentages may be very pretty, but they aren't worth anything, certainly not a bunch of punts and pick sixes.

Twenty-five years ago the phrase "pick six" didn't exist; what changed? Coaches tried to clone Walshs '49ers, which might be wise in a draft with half a dozen Montanas and Rices, but any other time it's a pick machine.

I do almost pity Belicheat getting ready for this game though: Do you follow the seasons conventional wisdom, stack the box against Denver and dare Tebow to beat you with his arm? He's missing his (former) #1 WR, but that was true the whole time he was hitting long precise passes for 31 yards per catch. Maybe keep your safeties back, drop a LB or two into zone, and rush 5 or 6 then. Knowing that Denver ran for 252 yards on you last time even when you DID stack the box to stop it.

The smart money says Tebow can't yet turn in whole games of precision deep passing every week, and won't have to if the #17 rushing defence can't slow down him and McGahee on the ground, and that's where I expect Belicheat to bet. Even if he gives up another 252 rushing yards, if he also forces 3 turnovers on our end of the field the rushing yards may not matter any more than last time. Of course... if he DOES sell out on the run, DOES shut it down, forcing us to switch to passing against loaded boxes, and Tebow DOES hit his deep passes again... the #31 passing defence could be in BIG trouble.

IF we hang onto the ball and run as well as we did last time, Tebow may not have to hit many passes, and that's still where OUR smart money is. We should still take our deep shots when they're there; if we can put THEM in a double digit hole our running game could finish them without even scoring much more, and keep Brady from working any magic of his own against our porous secondary. But our emphasis should definitely be on running, as much because it plays to their weak suit as to our strong one (the combination is DARNED appealing though.)

Wow. I take it back. You win the 'has too many thoughts in his head ' award. :lol:
And i thought G was windy. :rollseyes:

Chef Zambini
01-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Zam, I'm glad you weren't at the Steelers game to jinx us.me too ! I have to work on saturday night, its tebow on tevo time for me ! the game will be on in our bar though its unlikel;y I wont have some idea about what happened before i sit down to watch !

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Zam is one of my favorite posters. My first post on the freak 8 years ago was a response to a Zam rant about Shanny hating the run game. We've argued more than we've agreed but I don't know anyone who's more passionate about the Broncos. He's also not a raging ***** so he's got that going for him.

Chef Zambini
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I still think we should run the ball until the pats prove they can stop it ! NOW they fear ther LONG ball and will try to make TT and company prove they can score via a sustained drive of 12-15 plays.
I have my concerns but unlike the days before last week, this week I am hopeful !

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Zam, I agree with your plan. I am thinking that this may be Lance Ball's breakout game if Willis can't hold on to the freaking ball.

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Willis doesn't make a habit of fumbling Tink. And I agree completely if you can run the ball the way we did early, I say run it until the legs fall off. I do think that a good mix of pa pass will help as well.

PatriotsGuy
01-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I met zam at the freak and enjoyed his recipe threads, as well as his passion for his football team of choice.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow. I take it back. You win the 'has too many thoughts in his head ' award. :lol:
And i thought G was windy. :rollseyes:

On the other hand, though, Joel does have many good ideas and input.

I enjoy his contributions. :)

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
On the other hand, though, Joel does have many good ideas and input.

I enjoy his contributions. :)

I too prefer long winded to cryptic and caustic.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I too prefer long winded to cryptic and caustic.

Yeah, well, I still love GEM. :D

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 04:41 PM

I would admit that I have a bit of a crush on GEM. And she's normally not the type of girl I would go after.

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I would admit that I have a bit of a crush on GEM. And she's normally not the type of girl I would go after.

She is fun to take to the strip club.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM

I have more like . . . little sister-type feelings toward her, or something
like that. I have a daughter older than she is . . .

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I have more like . . . little sister-type feelings toward her, or something
like that. I have a daughter older than she is . . .

If I was not married, I would pursue her just for the thrill of getting shot down by her.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
If I was not married, I would pursue her just for the thrill of getting shot down by her.

I understand. :lol:

BroncoNut
01-11-2012, 05:13 PM

maybe she wouldn't shoot you down Tink.

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
maybe she wouldn't shoot you down Tink.

That's part of the thrill. ;)

Joel
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but she can be too cryptic at times; wish she'd speak her mind more. :tongue: