PDA

View Full Version : McCoy's Future In Denver!

Npba900
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Well how about it? Should the Broncos let McCoy go to the highest bider?????

BroncoTech
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Not based on the stooges are saying here. He's called some great games for us and the nay sayers need to reevaluate.

underrated29
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
as i said in the other thread....

NO. This game was good play calling. But it should have been the norm. He is not off the hook, imo he still needs to go.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Meh! McCoy deserves to be re-signed. This was Tebow's coming out party and McCoy's coming out party as far as pulling the trigger and McCoy opening up the play book.

Come on guys share the joy and victory.

weazel
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
It's my understanding that he's gone. He's getting offered a HC job, they would have to match that to keep him

DenBronx
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I fully believe McCoy can do it....he just needs to start trusting in the QB alot more.

Let Tim PULL THE TRIGGER!

yuhateme80
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Keep him he was smart to grow offense slowly with tt more he learned more he put in

Ziggy
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
It's my understanding that he's gone. He's getting offered a HC job, they would have to match that to keep him

He's interviewing for a head coaching job. Getting it is another matter entirely.

Slick
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Someone posted somewhere that Jacksonville has him on their list.

I'd like to see him stay. Changing coordinators wouldn't be in Tim's best interest. It takes time for a coordinator and a QB to develop a chemistry. I don't want Tebow starting from square one next year with a new guy.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

aberdien
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Let's see if he has seen the light enough that he can trust his QB in the next game.

FlyByU
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
as i said in the other thread....

NO. This game was good play calling. But it should have been the norm. He is not off the hook, imo he still needs to go.

I agree :beer:

pipes
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I still believe that it was Fox that slapped the handcuffs on McCoy and ultimately Tebow...I also believe that Elway had Fox unlock the 'cuffs cause he was sick of the $*it the last few weeks!

pipes
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh and I also believe that the best way to build a winning organization is to have continuity year in and year out espcially when grooming a young QB.

IMO Tebow takes a step back if McCoy leaves.

Check out most of the best QB's and teams...and u will see stability. New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New Orleans, Green Bay.

If he stays, I will be happy...and I'll be happier if Fox let's McCoy do his job!

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Let's see if he has seen the light enough that he can trust his QB in the next game.

Its all about continiuty and that takes a while to develop and shouldn't be based on the out come of a play off game.

BigDaddyBronco
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
McCoy needs to open up a little with Tebow, but who better to develop him than the guy who has taken baby steps with him? McCoy pisses me off with his predictable playcalling, but he can improve and being conservative fits Fox's style. I would like Tebow to develop with the same system for a few years before we make changes again. It's easier for a vet to change than a 2nd/3rd year player.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Keep him he was smart to grow offense slowly with tt more he learned more he put in

Lets hope EFX and Bowlen are on the same page and offer McCoy a deal he can't refuse! After all its only money!

Rick
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I am glad he opened it up more but I was pretty worried early as it seemed it would be the same old predictable shit.

Not sure I am willing to say I want him as the guy though. We will see the NE game if he can still open the playbook.

If it is what we have seen almost every first and second down and expect Tebow to make those throws on definite passing downs I want him gone.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I am glad he opened it up more but I was pretty worried early as it seemed it would be the same old predictable shit.

Not sure I am willing to say I want him as the guy though. We will see the NE game if he can still open the playbook.

If it is what we have seen almost every first and second down and expect Tebow to make those throws on definite passing downs I want him gone.

Fox has already said that McCoy will continue to use the same playbook as executed against the Steelers for the remainder of the playoffs!!!

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Meh! McCoy deserves to be re-signed. This was Tebow's coming out party and McCoy's coming out party as far as pulling the trigger and McCoy opening up the play book.

Come on guys share the joy and victory.

Agreed. If you learn from mistakes and bring it in the playoffs, I will overlook a lot...

We were huge underdogs today and got it done. We exceeded all expectations. Would be hard to justify a firing at all.

Nick
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
McCoy is a stud that was held down a long time with alot of experience. This is really the first year he got to play call and would rather have him as coach then Fox.

He has been adjusting through out Tebows progression. McCoy is the main reason here. If was not for Tebows turnovers in the last 3 games we win.

Tebow reacted quick against steelers and still placed ball only where broncos could get it.

I can't give enough credit to the defense though. If you look up overachieving and heart they should be listed there.

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Look, if McCoy gameplans like he did this week, I'd love to have him back. He was so conservative the past few weeks, that be made himself look weak. With his increase in gutsy calls and Tebow's progression, we might be on to something great. Play to win, and everyone will love you. Play not to lose... well we saw the outcome of that.

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I am not sure McCoy gets the credit for this.

It was reported that he didn't want to go this offense for fear he would never get another serious look in this league if it failed. It also reported that he wasn't comfortable with this offense because he doesn't know it. So if that is all true as reported, who is installing this offense?

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:32 AM
By the way, I still am very critical of the guy. As soon as this team went up by 14 they went conservative again. It was like they forgot what got them there.

Nick
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM

It was reported that he didn't want to go this offense for fear he would never get another serious look in this league if it failed. It also reported that he wasn't comfortable with this offense because he doesn't know it. So if that is all true as reported, who is installing this offense?

BS he called the plays today. While there was one article after lions game about running spread there is no credibility behind it.

McCoy is going to be good behind a conservative HC.

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 12:35 AM

That's the big question right now. Is he really the guy behind the madness? I loved today's gameplan, but was it McCoy? I think that may be why he was so eager for an interview, even with the Jags.

Nick
01-09-2012, 12:36 AM
By the way, I still am very critical of the guy. As soon as this team went up by 14 they went conservative again. It was like they forgot what got them there.

Them running is what made the last play of the game available. It is a chess match.

You need to be diverse. He can be very easly a 70-30 pass OC in the league with the right personnel.

BUT

He rand so many different styles throwing same looks with different plays. Dude deserves an academy award.

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Them running is what made the last play of the game available. It is a chess match.

You need to be diverse. He can be very easly a 70-30 pass OC in the league with the right personnel.

BUT

He rand so many different styles throwing same looks with different plays. Dude deserves an academy award.

I get that. I was telling people here complaining about the 2 yard runs that you have to keep the D honest. They have to think you will run that play. However, I was quite surprised to see Tebow had only thrown 21 passes.

bcbronc
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM

you've got to remember that Pitt had two DL out of the game, and we've been a run first team all season. It made sense to try to run the game out. McCoy did a better job of when the 1st down run didn't work, mixing it up on 2nd down.

RebelRocker
01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Well how about it? Should the Broncos let McCoy go to the highest bider?????

This game boosted his stock and will surely look more attractive to the Jaguars when he does interview with them.