PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Poet
01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I won't lie, I thought that you guys were asking for a thrashing. The Tim Tebow roller coaster continues for another week and that makes me, but more importantly you guys....happy.

Yes, even the "Tebow haters," they're fans too.

BigDaddyBronco
01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks King. Tough loss for your guys.

Poet
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks King. Tough loss for your guys.

I do not wish to speak of anything that may or may not have happened yesterday involving my team.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
King, I hope next year we face eachother in the AFC Championship game.

Mephisto
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
All class King.

dogfish
01-09-2012, 04:26 AM
king, we beat the stealers. . . you love us now. . .

:defense:

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Bungles got thrashed by kubes, and yet another team with a winning record.
Maybe the pats will follow suit?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Poet
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Yea, our playoff run was as successful as your marriage.

What a train wreck it was.

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks king.

shank
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
king i'm mad at you. i reject your congratulations, but accept your envy.

SOCALORADO.
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I do not wish to speak of anything that may or may not have happened yesterday involving my team.

Relax, you got a really good, young team.
Lots to look forward too.

Poet
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
king i'm mad at you. i reject your congratulations, but accept your envy.

I hate you and hope you never have another joyous moment in your life.

chazoe60
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
We should bond over our shared hatred of Shank.

chazoe60
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Don't you ever say that about Shank again.

Poet
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Don't you ever say that about Shank again.

Chaz I love you, but my team lost badly and my fridge is empty. You can see the crazy in my eyes.

We've got too much to live for.

Joel
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Bungles got thrashed by kubes, and yet another team with a winning record.
Maybe the pats will follow suit?
To be fair, every team that beat Cincy went to the playoffs; in any other Division they're probably an 11 win team. That said: Houston Proud; I'm happy any day the Bengals, Browns or Steelers lose, and a weekend when Houston and Denver beat two of the three in the playoffs is pretty awesome. :)

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
To be fair, every team that beat Cincy went to the playoffs; in any other Division they're probably an 11 win team. That said: Houston Proud; I'm happy any day the Bengals, Browns or Steelers lose, and a weekend when Houston and Denver beat two of the three in the playoffs is pretty awesome. :)

So you will be rooting for a Denver @ Houston AFC Championship game?

Poet
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Joel, I respect your last post.

That being said, blow it out your Bengal hating ass!

topscribe
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM

I know how you feel.

I've known that for, oh, five years . . .

Poet
01-09-2012, 05:03 PM

I know how you feel.

I've known that for, oh, five years . . .

Only counting when I was old enough to get was going on the field...14 years.

Joel
01-11-2012, 03:02 AM
So you will be rooting for a Denver @ Houston AFC Championship game?
Have been since the playoffs started, though I have to admit it would've been kind of sweet for the Texans to beat the entire old AFC Central (except for Tennessee, of course) on their way to a Super Bowl. If Pitt had beaten us and Houston beat the nee-Browns... geez, it would've been Houston@Pitt in the Conference Championship just like in '78 and '79 (something tells me they would not introduce Bum to the crowd before the game like they did last week, let alone seat him in the owners box. :tongue: ) Not saying those were memorable games, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPbXWhZA_o is the reason replay review exists. Houston wins that game, it's an all TX Super Bowl against Dallas, which would've put me on the spot.

Kinda like a Denver@Houston AFC Championship game would. I gotta say, I don't think we win that game; their many excellent receivers would shred our secondary while ex-Bronco Chris Myers and Co. kept Yates pants clean, even if Foster and Tate didn't run all over us.

On defence, Wade has turned the Texans laughingstock D into a powerhouse (they were ranked #1 until he missed two games for surgery) by using the 3-4 as I think it should be used in a League obsessed with spread offense and short passing. NFL.com had an interesting article about it (that I can no longer find,) the gist of which was that they rush 5 or 6, keep their safeties back and drop LBs into short zones that play hell with the short passing game while the safeties help defend the long ball. As the article put it, the idea is to EITHER take the QB down OR force him to throw to a spot filled with defenders greedy for picks. In other words: 3-4 LBs, good ones, can do a lot more than just sack QBs and stuff the run (especially true of good 3-4 OLBs, who ideally should be like a PAIR of MLBs.)

I've long thought that a good approach; unless you can run over the massive NT holding the center of the line, it is hard to do much against that kind of D, because anywhere you throw the ball there are multiple defenders waiting for a pick, and if your half dozen blitzers are doing their job the QB doesn't have time for his receivers to find a seam. If you run outside, the LBs just come up and smother it. I would not enjoy playing against that.

Joel, I respect your last post.

That being said, blow it out your Bengal hating ass!
Blown out? I think I saw something like that recently.... ;)

Was exciting in the old days though, when we were the only 4 team Division in the Conference and nearly everyone was in the hunt all year every year. Kind of the antithesis of that OTHER 4 team Division where the '9ers stomped the hell out of the others and cruised into the playoffs every season. But Cleveland or Cincinatti ALWAYS won and Houston ALWAYS got the wildcard. I remember one year we were half a game up on Cleveland (they tied KC; hated that) when we played there the last game of the year, knowing that the winner had a home rematch with the loser the following week. They beat us, so we didn't bother packing, just hung around for 7 days so they could beat us again. Weird year; I'd walked to the store for a bottle of Dr. Pepper, but got so wrapped up watching the Oilers play (ya'll, I think) and keeping an eye on that KC-Cleveland game I never got around to opening it, so it just sat there on the rug in front of the TV--until it got too hot and literally EXPLODED all over the living room. Yea for tiny shards of broken glass in carpet. :(

When it was all over, after Bud Adams wrecked the first domed stadium on the planet threatening to move the team if they didn't give him more seats he NEVER sold out, he demanded they tear it down and build him a new one or he'd move the team to Tennessee. When Davy Crockett lost his Congressional re-election campaign in TN he announced, "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to TX," and Houston said something similar to Bud, who took the team to TN, and at this point I pretty much despise ALL the old AFC Central teams. It's quite an accomplishment; there were only four of them, but thanks to Art Modell I have FIVE teams to hate. :tongue:

All of which is to say: Right bakatcha, man, on both counts. ;)

topscribe
01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Have been since the playoffs started, though I have to admit it would've been kind of sweet for the Texans to beat the entire old AFC Central (except for Tennessee, of course) on their way to a Super Bowl. If Pitt had beaten us and Houston beat the nee-Browns... geez, it would've been Houston@Pitt in the Conference Championship just like in '78 and '79 (something tells me they would not introduce Bum to the crowd before the game like they did last week, let alone seat him in the owners box. :tongue: ) Not saying those were memorable games, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPbXWhZA_o is the reason replay review exists. Houston wins that game, it's an all TX Super Bowl against Dallas, which would've put me on the spot.

By the same token, I dream of a Denver/Green Bay Super Bowl. There's
just nothing like rooting for your favorite team over your second favorite.
Take XXXII, for instance . . . not only was I joyous at Denver's win, but
the fact it was over Green Bay made it suh-weet!
.................................................. ................. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BronxRox.gif

Joel
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM
By the same token, I dream of a Denver/Green Bay Super Bowl. There's
just nothing like rooting for your favorite team over your second favorite.
Take XXXII, for instance . . . not only was I joyous at Denver's win, but
the fact it was over Green Bay made it suh-weet!
Well, the Cowboys fan in me agrees wholeheartedly with that last part, particularly after GB spent the preseason after their first SB win in 30 years proclaiming they'd be 16-0. I will NEVER forget the look on Favres face on the sideline after they stormed down the field to score on their opening drive, then we stormed right back down to answer. That was the portrait of a man who knew he was in trouble. ;)

I was actually living in Milwaukee two years before that when Dallas played GB in the NFCCG, and that was pretty sweet, too, though walking around in my Cowboys jacket and hat did make me a little nervous a few times. :tongue:

I definitely hear you though, man, and respect the sentiment; one reason I hate the Steelers so much is because if not for them the '78 Super Bowl would've been all TX. Maybe next year, if Jerry and Garrett get their heads out of their rears (step 1: Fire Rob Ryan.)

BroncoSexyDaddy
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
1EZBgeFKnH0

Medford Bronco
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks king paul brown the inventor of the
Modern offense would be proud of u today

BroncoBJ
01-11-2012, 09:36 PM
We're not the Bengals. We can beat the Steelers. :salute:

Oh, and Thanks :lol: I pretty much expected to win this week anyways. Now this week is the game I'm worried about. :elefant: