PDA

View Full Version : Official TRADING Thread

WARHORSE
02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Any trade talk, whether picks or players can come here if thats cool.

I was thinking there might be some guys on the roster still that McDaniels and Xanders may be trying to trade. That is a possibility afterall, and that might even include Champ.

Also, I was thinking this is probably a year that a team like ours might consider trading our first rounder next year in order to deliver more picks this year. Depending on where X and McD place the talent level of this draft, Id say picking up extra picks would be a possible scenario for the Broncos.

Im thinking Dumerville may be a trade option, depending on what the response is out there. His ability to drop in coverage and be effective is an unknown as far as I can tell. Im wondering if someone would give up a second rounder for him. His contract is primed for movement, he will be in the last year of his rookie deal.

IF, and Im not saying I want to, but IF the Broncos were to look to trade Champ, what would the price be? A first? Would we do that? I personally want to keep him, but depends on what his contract demands will be. If we sign him to a decent deal, I have no problem with him playing corner as long as he can, and then moving to FS.

I also think we should let Polumbus play alot in preseason. I think hes a starter in this league. A good starter.

As for trading back into round one or the top of round two to select more players........................any odd takers out there on that?

Any thoughts?

Take yer time..............its the offseason.:coffee:

;)

DenBronx
02-24-2009, 08:15 PM
we trade dume, moss and a 4th for peppers.

Slick
02-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I would entertain any offers for every Bronco still on the roster with the exception of Cutler and Clady.

I'll try to add something more constructive later. Good idea for a thread War.

DenBronx
02-24-2009, 08:28 PM
if we could get a 1st and 3rd for champ then that would be worth it. lots of value on defense this year and we would get 2 starters for years. orakpo and cushing anyone??? then we could go out and sign leigh bodden and maybe bring domo back.

Cheez Whiz
02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Elvis is a possibility.

Both Elvis and Jarvis Moss would play the same position. IMO, Josh McDaniels is looking to get the highest return, Elvis would provide it. Although, he may want Elvis starting and Moss to back him up. Our defense is empty, we need players.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Any trading I would do would consist ofacquiring draft picks. I would NOT trade away any pix from next year, cuz (argue all ya want) odds arewe'll be picing even higher in 2010. I'd try to trade back w/ either Philly, Detroit or anyone in th top 22 willing to give us their #1 and #2 for our #12.

WARHORSE
02-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Cross Laurinitis off the list. My man did himself a huge disservice during the combine. He should have said, 'Turn on the tape and watch me play.' That probably would have helped him.

Right now, from what I saw at the combine, DT has some players that could pan out to be Haynesworth types in the end. LBers, it looks like Curry is the man. Orakpo, Maybin and the DE transitional types look pretty good.

EMB6903
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
I would love to trade Dumervil for a draft pick

DenBronx
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Cross Laurinitis off the list. My man did himself a huge disservice during the combine. He should have said, 'Turn on the tape and watch me play.' That probably would have helped him.

Right now, from what I saw at the combine, DT has some players that could pan out to be Haynesworth types in the end. LBers, it looks like Curry is the man. Orakpo, Maybin and the DE transitional types look pretty good.

huh? how so? i watched the whole stinkin combine. everyone gave him nothing but praise. he did a fine job on the drills. his foot got stuck in the turf once and the crew even caught it. his hips were smooth, he stayed low with his shoulders and kept his eyes up. he also caught every ball. i thought his and currys mechanics were very good. cushing didnt even look up on the bag drill. i recorded it and re-watched the whole thing in super slowmo so dont know what your talking about.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
There are a lot of players I like in rounds 2-4. McCoy (if he lasts), Brace, Chung, Worrell, D Scott, Barwin, Ayers, T Taylor, Brinkley, etc. I'd love to trade our #12 back a bit and our late picks to move up.

WARHORSE
02-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Any trading I would do would consist ofacquiring draft picks. I would NOT trade away any pix from next year, cuz (argue all ya want) odds arewe'll be picing even higher in 2010. I'd try to trade back w/ either Philly, Detroit or anyone in th top 22 willing to give us their #1 and #2 for our #12.

Detroit would be their #20 and their #33 for our #12 and #79. That may be something they want to do. Especially if they want to get their QB at 12 instead of #1.

Sean Jones, Bart Scott, Bartell and McFadden in FAgency.

At 20 we take Tyson Jackson.

At #33 we get Miamis 12th in the second and 24th in the third for a trade.

Which means we take, Fili Moala at 44, to play DE.

Then we take Connor Barwin OLBer at 48.

At 88 in the third round, we take Jarron Gilbert, Ron Brace or Terrence Taylor whoever is left.

At 14 in the fourth we take Pat White, QB.

At 4 in the fifth, we take Andre Brown, RB.

At 13 in the fifth, we take Max Unger, Center.

At 12 in the sixth, we take Demetrius Byrd, WR.

And in the seventh, I'll give that pick to you guys..........lol.

broncohead
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't mind if we trade back as long as we stay in the first rd.

WARHORSE
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
huh? how so? i watched the whole stinkin combine. everyone gave him nothing but praise. he did a fine job on the drills. his foot got stuck in the turf once and the crew even caught it. his hips were smooth, he stayed low with his shoulders and kept his eyes up. he also caught every ball. i thought his and currys mechanics were very good. cushing didnt even look up on the bag drill. i recorded it and re-watched the whole thing in super slowmo so dont know what your talking about.

Guess not.

But we wont be picking him in the top........oh, Id say about 4 rounds if he falls that far.

Mark it down.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Detroit would be their #20 and their #33 for our #12 and #79. That may be something they want to do. Especially if they want to get their QB at 12 instead of #1.

Sean Jones, Bart Scott, Bartell and McFadden in FAgency.

At 20 we take Tyson Jackson.

At #33 we get Miamis 12th in the second and 24th in the third for a trade.

Which means we take, Fili Moala at 44, to play DE.

Then we take Connor Barwin OLBer at 48.

At 88 in the third round, we take Jarron Gilbert, Ron Brace or Terrence Taylor whoever is left.

At 14 in the fourth we take Pat White, QB.

At 4 in the fifth, we take Andre Brown, RB.

At 13 in the fifth, we take Max Unger, Center.

At 12 in the sixth, we take Demetrius Byrd, WR.

And in the seventh, I'll give that pick to you guys..........lol.

I like it all except Fili. Fili=THUG

dogfish
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
i'm mostly seeing max unger projected as a high second rounder-- i don't think he's going to be there in the fifth. . . .

topscribe
02-24-2009, 09:51 PM

I'll tell you something else about Laurinaitis: He said in his presser (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3215&type=broncosTV&year=&month=) at the
Combine that he attended all four years because he had given his word as he
was coming into his school. How often do we hear of such integrity?

Shades of Randy Gradishar . . .

-----

EMB6903
02-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I dont think Laurinaitis is stong enough nor big enough to play inside in a 3-4 scheme, I like him as a prospect though... people are definately sleeping on him.

topscribe
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I dont think Laurinaitis is stong enough nor big enough to play inside in a 3-4 scheme, I like him as a prospect though... people are definately sleeping on him.

Rivals (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=52943) has him listed at 6-3, 240. That's not bad, is it?

-----

MOtorboat
02-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I'll tell you something else about Laurinaitis: He said in his presser (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3215&type=broncosTV&year=&month=) at the
Combine that he attended all four years because he had given his word as he
was coming into his school. How often do we hear of such integrity?

Shades of Randy Gradishar . . .

-----

Actually shades of "I'm not good enough for the NFL."

You're kidding yourself if you're going to compare any of these linebackers to Gradishar, especially in some ridiculous concept of why they stayed four years at their university.

Laurinaitis stayed because he knows he's not a top-flight pick.

topscribe
02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Actually shades of "I'm not good enough for the NFL."

You're kidding yourself if you're going to compare any of these linebackers to Gradishar, especially in some ridiculous concept of why they stayed four years at their university.

Laurinaitis stayed because he knows he's not a top-flight pick.

Oh, now you know his motives and thoughts.

Eq8nQOhZ3u8

-----

MOtorboat
02-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh, now you know his motives and thoughts

Who's motives and thoughts? Laurinaitis? If his motives and thoughts were that he knew he was NFL quality, he would have left last year. In fact, to think Ohio State had a chance at a National Title, and to think he stayed for that, lacks in realistic judgment, actually. Just as the the "big three" from Michigan the year before. They stayed because they had no perception of how good they, or their team were, now two are back ups, and one is a decent starter.

There's a reason Laurinaitis didn't go, and it's because he knows he is going to have to work VERY hard to be a backup in this league, and REALLY, REALLY hard to be a starter.

JMO...especially after watching his senior season.

topscribe
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Who's motives and thoughts? Laurinaitis? If his motives and thoughts were that he knew he was NFL quality, he would have left last year. In fact, to think Ohio State had a chance at a National Title, and to think he stayed for that, lacks in realistic judgment, actually. Just as the the "big three" from Michigan the year before. They stayed because they had no perception of how good they, or their team were, now two are back ups, and one is a decent starter.

There's a reason Laurinaitis didn't go, and it's because he knows he is going to have to work VERY hard to be a backup in this league, and REALLY, REALLY hard to be a starter.

You do not know why he did what he did. You don't have a clue, any more
than I, other than what he said. So please don't you try to tell me what his
motives were. Moreover, he has been projected for the first round, so more
than I must like him.

-----

MOtorboat
02-24-2009, 11:29 PM
You do not know why he did what he did. You don't have a clue, any more
than I, other than what he said. So please don't you try to tell me what his
motives were. Moreover, he has been projected for the first round, so more
than I must like him.

-----

You are right, you have no idea either. I'm speculating, and you're speculating, thus the "imo."

I guess that's hard for you to understand, especially when someone disagrees with you. Seems like a problem tonight.

Is this better:

"Yes, top, Laurinaitis is a God at linebacker and will be the next Randy Gradishar."

Does that suffice?

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Rivals (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=52943) has him listed at 6-3, 240. That's not bad, is it?

-----

yes at 6'3 240 he would get pushed around.... no doubt he has the frame to add some wieght but at 6'3 240 is pretty light, ESSPECIALLY if you have been known not to have the greatest strength in the world.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 12:09 AM
yes at 6'3 240 he would get pushed around.... no doubt he has the frame to add some wieght but at 6'3 240 is pretty light, ESSPECIALLY if you have been known not to have the greatest strength in the world.

Well, maybe so, but you do understand D.J. is about 240, and Al Wilson weighed in at about 230.

-----

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, maybe so, but you do understand D.J. is about 240, and Al Wilson weighed in at about 230.

-----

...in a different scheme...

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 12:11 AM

You think a player thats made it this far thinks that he has to work very hard to be a back up in the NFL??? if he had that type of confidence he wouldnt have even made it to college football. You are seriously trying to say thats the reason he didnt come out his junior year? Im sorry but thats complete BS he stayed because he liked playing for tressell and wanted a national championship.

But anyways could you explain your reasoning on why you think he is going to be a back up his entire career?

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 12:13 AM
You think a player thats made it this far thinks that he has to work very hard to be a back up in the NFL??? if he had that type of confidence he wouldnt have even made it to college football. You are seriously trying to say thats the reason he didnt come out his junior year? Im sorry but thats complete BS he stayed because he liked playing for tressell and wanted a national championship.

But anyways could you explain your reasoning on why you think he is going to be a back up his entire career?

His skills. His size. Knowing that he didn't have the confidence to come out. Watching him.

I think it's quite obvious that Laurinaitis is not a top-flight linebacker at this point in time.

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 12:21 AM
\Q

-----

Al Wilson never played in a 3-4 scheme... so comparing the two is useless, you have a point with D.J. though Laurinaitis could succeed in a 3-4 scheme but is that the risk we want to take as the 12th overall pick in the draft?

this defense is way too bad to take a risk on a 4-3 MLB when there is tons of better prospects in front of him

IMO take Jasper Brinkley in the 3rd round, he will end up better then both Over-rated Rey and Laurinaitis

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 12:29 AM
His skills. His size. Knowing that he didn't have the confidence to come out. Watching him.

I think it's quite obvious that Laurinaitis is not a top-flight linebacker at this point in time.

I dont know about that, IMO as a MLB you have to have great instincts and smarts, exactly what Laurinaitis has. But Im not gonna say he doesnt have confidence just because he decided to stay another year, why would he want to do that? he was going to be the #1 MLB taken last year if he would have came out he lost a lot of money over being loyal to his team and having confidence on winning another championship (cant hate on the kid for that)

but the confidence thing is crazy, he wouldnt have made it this far if he lacked confidence.... Esspecially playing on the defensive side of the ball

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 12:42 AM
I understand the 3-4 scheme. I watched, as an adult, Joe Collier form it back
in the 1970s. I also played defense in college.

Now, the ILB in a 4-3 has actually to be stronger because he has the middle
all to himself.
Anyway, where did I say . . . anywhere . . . that I wanted to "take a risk" on
him at number 12? Please, please, please respond to what I have said, not to
what you have added to what I said.

All I did was to report what he had said in an interview.

*sheesh*

-----

in a 4-3 scheme it would be the "MIDDLE LINEBACKER" and ya its in the middle, but it also has another 300lb defensive lineman holding up blockers in front of him... unlike in a 3-4 scheme you will have more interior lineman come out to that 2nd level and block, so in that case you need to be very good playing threw garbage meaning you need to shed a lot more blockers... so you have to be more physical and bigger in a 3-4 scheme when it comes to any linebacker whether it be inside or outside....

and my mistake on assuming you wanted to take him at 12.... I just would have assumed so since you were comparing him to the greatest defensive player that has ever put on a Broncos uni... my bad bro

topscribe
02-25-2009, 12:50 AM
in a 4-3 scheme it would be the "MIDDLE LINEBACKER" and ya its in the middle, but it also has another 300lb defensive lineman holding up blockers in front of him... unlike in a 3-4 scheme you will have a lot more interior lineman come out and block, so in that case you need to be very good playing threw garbage meaning you need to shed a lot more blockers... so you have to be more physical and bigger in a 3-4 scheme when it comes to any linebacker whether it be inside or outside....

You saw this before I deleted it. Sorry. I totally misread your post.

But no, you have to be more agile as an ILB in a 3-4. Size helps, provided
the agility is there. Actually, some size is a little more important especially at
ROLB, as long as, again, the agility and some burst is there.

But the principal job of the D-line in a 3-4 is to occupy the blockers. If the NT
cannot command a double team, then he's not a good NT. If they are doing
their jobs, then four of the O-line are occupied, and the LBs can flow. If the
LBs have to shed all those blocks, then the 3-4 is not working.

I'm not sure if Laurinaitis has those talents, but that was not my point. I only
reported what he said in a presser about why he stayed four years. That's
all I did. I have actually been against drafting him clear up to this point. I only
expressed admiration for integrity. I guess that's kind of a foreign concept
these days?

And I was comparing his integrity to Gradishar's integrity. Not how they
compare as players. Certainly, Gradishar is one of the greatest defensive
Broncos.

-----

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 01:19 AM
You saw this before I deleted it. Sorry. I totally misread your post.

But no, you have to be more agile as an ILB in a 3-4. Size helps, provided
the agility is there. Actually, some size is a little more important especially at
ROLB, as long as, again, the agility and some burst is there.

But the principal job of the D-line in a 3-4 is to occupy the blockers. If the NT
cannot command a double team, then he's not a good NT. If they are doing
their jobs, then four of the O-line are occupied, and the LBs can flow. If the
LBs have to shed all those blocks, then the 3-4 is not working.

I'm not sure if Laurinaitis has those talents, but that was not my point. I only
reported what he said in a presser about why he stayed four years. That's
all I did. I have actually been against drafting him clear up to this point. I only
expressed admiration for integrity. I guess that's kind of a foreign concept
these days?

And I was comparing his integrity to Gradishar's integrity. Not how they
compare as players. Certainly, Gradishar is one of the greatest defensive
Broncos.

-----

first off that can be said with any defensive tackle, if he doesnt cause a double team he isnt much of a threat not just a NT.. but here are some links that proves my point on having the bigger front 7 to succeed in a 3-4 scheme.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=findingplayerswhofitsche&prov=tsn&type=lgns

"In general, ideal front-seven players in the 3-4 are bigger and need to take on and defeat blocks more often in the running game."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-4_defense#3-4

A drawback of the 3-4 is that without a fourth lineman to take on the offensive blockers and close the running lanes, both the defensive linemen and the linebackers can be overwhelmed by blocking schemes in the running game. To be effective, 3-4 linebackers need their defensive line to routinely tie up a minimum of four, offensive linemen, freeing them to make tackles. The 3-4 linebackers must be big, very athletic, and strong enough to shed blocks by fullbacks, tight ends, and offensive linemen to get to the running back. In most cases, 3-4 OLBs lead their teams in quarterback sacks.[9]

topscribe
02-25-2009, 01:37 AM
first off that can be said with any defensive tackle, if he doesnt cause a double team he isnt much of a threat not just a NT.. but here are some links that proves my point on having the bigger front 7 to succeed in a 3-4 scheme.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=findingplayerswhofitsche&prov=tsn&type=lgns

"In general, ideal front-seven players in the 3-4 are bigger and need to take on and defeat blocks more often in the running game."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-4_defense#3-4

A drawback of the 3-4 is that without a fourth lineman to take on the offensive blockers and close the running lanes, both the defensive linemen and the linebackers can be overwhelmed by blocking schemes in the running game. To be effective, 3-4 linebackers need their defensive line to routinely tie up a minimum of four, offensive linemen, freeing them to make tackles. The 3-4 linebackers must be big, very athletic, and strong enough to shed blocks by fullbacks, tight ends, and offensive linemen to get to the running back. In most cases, 3-4 OLBs lead their teams in quarterback sacks.[9]

What I said before, as one who lived through the Orange Crush. And I said
little different from the documentation you presented. I know, from close to
50 years of football, what a defensive lineman has to do to help the linebacker
be effective. One of the most important features of a 3-4 is flow. And flow
comes from the linebackers. And flow does not happen unless the D-line is
keeping blockers off the linebackers.

Size matters, definitely. But speed and agility are more important.

-----

dogfish
02-25-2009, 01:46 AM
:popcorn:

EMB6903
02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
What I said before, as one who lived through the Orange Crush. And I said
little different from the documentation you presented. I know, from close to
50 years of football, what a defensive lineman has to do to help the linebacker
be effective. One of the most important features of a 3-4 is flow. And flow
comes from the linebackers. And flow does not happen unless the D-line is
keeping blockers off the linebackers.

Size matters, definitely. But speed and agility are more important.

-----

I would say being versitale is the most important thing to become a solid Linebacker in this scheme, what linebacker doesnt have "speed and agility" though?

but on to this "flow" comment.... you act like thats only important for a 3-4 scheme... you need flow in a tampa 2, 4-3, 3-4, 5-2,4-4, 3-3-5, dime, nickel, Quarter. you could say that for any defense not just the 3-4, could you please be more specific?

topscribe
02-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I would say being versitale is the most important thing to become a solid Linebacker in this scheme, what linebacker doesnt have "speed and agility" though?

but on to this "flow" comment.... you act like thats only important for a 3-4 scheme... you need flow in a tampa 2, 4-3, 3-4, 5-2,4-4, 3-3-5, dime, nickel, Quarter. you could say that for any defense not just the 3-4, could you please be more specific?

Nah, I don't think so. When I say it is "one of the most important," then you
represent it as something else, we have no platform for discussion. It's not
that damned important to me. I've spent too much time on this already.

-----

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Guess not.

But we wont be picking him in the top........oh, Id say about 4 rounds if he falls that far.

Mark it down.

last year he was actually rated higher but he chose to play one more year even though he knew this year was going to be much deeper at linebacker positions.

he could fall though war but i just think he is the better of the two between him and rey.

-----

and all he is going to add at the next level is muscle. you cant teach speed, you cant teach height, you cant teach natural althetism and you cant teach heart. jl has locker room character and all he needs to do at the next level is start hitting the weights and thats something that can be taught. if he is already 240 im sure he can put on 10 pounds or so of muscle with an nfl trainer. he benched 225 i think 24 times at the combine, cushing benched it 30 times but he's a genitic freak.

WARHORSE
02-25-2009, 03:30 AM
I dont know about that, IMO as a MLB you have to have great instincts and smarts, exactly what Laurinaitis has. But Im not gonna say he doesnt have confidence just because he decided to stay another year, why would he want to do that? he was going to be the #1 MLB taken last year if he would have came out he lost a lot of money over being loyal to his team and having confidence on winning another championship (cant hate on the kid for that)

but the confidence thing is crazy, he wouldnt have made it this far if he lacked confidence.... Esspecially playing on the defensive side of the ball

You want your middle linebacker to be a crusher.

Laurinitis is NOT a crusher.

And Al Wilson played at two fiddy.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 03:34 AM
You want your middle linebacker to be a crusher.

Laurinitis is NOT a crusher.

And Al Wilson played at two fiddy.

The NFL has Al Wilson at 240 http://www.nfl.com/players/alwilson/profile?id=WIL648623

-----

WARHORSE
02-25-2009, 03:37 AM
last year he was actually rated higher but he chose to play one more year even though he knew this year was going to be much deeper at linebacker positions.

he could fall though war but i just think he is the better of the two between him and rey.

and all he is going to add at the next level is muscle. you cant teach speed, you cant teach height, you cant teach natural althetism and you cant teach heart. jl has locker room character and all he needs to do at the next level is start hitting the weights and thats something that can be taught. if he is already 240 im sure he can put on 10 pounds or so of muscle with an nfl trainer. he benched 225 i think 24 times at the combine, cushing benched it 30 times but he's a genitic freak.

Im talking personal opinion of course, but if its me, no way I take Laurinitis above Maualuga. Right now Rey is falling too. If he cant run under 4.8, hes in trouble and will be limited in his role. Basically, a two down backer.

I think his first 10 yards is the time alot of people will be looking at. If hes quick, it might not hurt him much. But it basically takes him out of our crosshairs as a draft prospect. Hes a MLBer and a MLBer only.

WARHORSE
02-25-2009, 03:41 AM
The NFL has Al Wilson at 240 http://www.nfl.com/players/alwilson/profile?id=WIL648623

-----

I could be wrong, I may have been thinking about DJ. But I know for sure he didnt play at 230. Al was thick.

Let me change that......Im probably wrong. I did think he played at two fiddy at some time in his Broncos uni.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 04:22 AM
I could be wrong, I may have been thinking about DJ. But I know for sure he didnt play at 230. Al was thick.

Let me change that......Im probably wrong. I did think he played at two fiddy at some time in his Broncos uni.

Well, I apparently was wrong about 230. I was sure he was playing around
that, but the NFL says different. :noidea:

-----

SoCalImport
02-25-2009, 08:23 AM
lyou cant teach speed, you cant teach height, you cant teach natural althetism and you cant teach heart. jl has locker room character and all he needs to do at the next level is start hitting the weights and thats something that can be taught. if he is already 240 im sure he can put on 10 pounds or so of muscle with an nfl trainer. he benched 225 i think 24 times at the combine, cushing benched it 30 times but he's a genitic freak.

Actually speed is one thing you can train up. Don Beebe's made a lucrative post NFL carreer doing just that for players.
Now whether or not a guy like Laurinaitis has maxed out his ability to get faster? can't say.

WARHORSE
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Actually speed is one thing you can train up. Don Beebe's made a lucrative post NFL carreer doing just that for players.
Now whether or not a guy like Laurinaitis has maxed out his ability to get faster? can't say.

Im sure hes been trying for increased speed for the past two months gearing up for the combine.

The thing I didnt like about him is one, hes not a big hitter in the first place, but two, he didnt look fluid in his drills to me. Really stiff in the hips.

Saying that though, a baller is a baller, and if hes the brand, he'll find a way.

Just not with the Broncos in the top three rounds.

imo of course.

Lonestar
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, I apparently was wrong about 230. I was sure he was playing around
that, but the NFL says different. :noidea:

-----

perhaps when both hands were in casts..:laugh:

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM

you can teach technics (click here if you want to learn technics http://www.procombinetraining.com/mastering_the_40_yard_dash.htm) but some people are born with more fast twitch muscles than others. for instance some people are naturals at running long distance because their bodies consist of more slow twitch muscles. i think alot of black athletes are genitically born with fast twitch muscles.

here, read this article.

Fast and Slow Twitch Muscle Fibers
Does muscle type determine sports ability?
By Elizabeth Quinn, About.com

Twitching Muscle
Are you a better sprinter or distance runner? Many people believe that having more fast and slow twitch muscle fibers may determine what sports athletes excel at and how they respond to training.
Skeletal muscle is made up of bundles of individual muscle fibers called myocytes. Each myocyte contains many myofibrils, which are strands of proteins (actin and myosin) that can grab on to each other and pull. This shortens the muscle and causes muscle contraction.

It is generally accepted that muscle fiber types can be broken down into two main types: slow twitch (Type I) muscle fibers and fast twitch (Type II) muscle fibers. Fast twitch fibers can be further categorized into Type IIa and Type IIb fibers.

These distinctions seem to influence how muscles respond to training and physical activity, and each fiber type is unique in its ability to contract in a certain way. Human muscles contain a genetically determined mixture of both slow and fast fiber types. On average, we have about 50 percent slow twitch and 50 percent fast twitch fibers in most of the muscles used for movement.

Slow Twitch (Type I)
The slow muscles are more efficient at using oxygen to generate more fuel (known as ATP) for continuous, extended muscle contractions over a long time. They fire more slowly than fast twitch fibers and can go for a long time before they fatigue. Therefore, slow twitch fibers are great at helping athletes run marathons and bicycle for hours.

What Causes Muscle Fatigue?

Fast Twitch (Type II)
Because fast twitch fibers use anaerobic metabolism to create fuel, they are much better at generating short bursts of strength or speed than slow muscles. However, they fatigue more quickly. Fast twitch fibers generally produce the same amount of force per contraction as slow muscles, but they get their name because they are able to fire more rapidly. Having more fast twitch fibers can be an asset to a sprinter since she needs to quickly generate a lot of force.

Type IIa Fibers
These fast twitch muscle fibers are also known as intermediate fast-twitch fibers. They can use both aerobic and anaerobic metabolism almost equally to create energy. In this way, they are a combination of Type I and Type II muscle fibers.

Type IIb Fibers
These fast twitch fibers use anaerobic metabolism to create energy and are the "classic" fast twitch muscle fibers that excel at producing quick, powerful bursts of speed. This muscle fiber has the highest rate of contraction (rapid firing) of all the muscle fiber types, but it also has a much faster rate of fatigue and can't last as long before it needs rest.

Fiber Type and Performance
Our muscle fiber type may influence what sports we are naturally good at or whether we are fast or strong. Olympic athletes tend to fall into sports that match their genetic makeup. Olympic sprinters have been shown to possess about 80 percent fast twitch fibers, while those who excel in marathons tend to have 80 percent slow twitch fibers.