PDA

View Full Version : Glossary Librarian and overseer of forum..

Lonestar
02-24-2009, 04:19 PM
OK I'm looking for someone that is interested in being a Librarian so to speak for a glossary thread, that lists all of the terms and someone that can add thread links to those terms as folks add X's & O's type diagrams for/to those terms..

Anyone interested PM me and I'll chat with the other Mods to see who gets the job..

Lonestar
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
:bump2:

sneakers
02-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Overseer, I like that title.....perhaps people would be more interested if the title included the words "Grand Overseer".

Lonestar
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Overseer, I like that title.....perhaps people would be more interested if the title included the words "Grand Overseer".

Grand Exalted Puba is better..

Sounds Like we have a winner and it will be announced as soon as we hear back from the lucky wiener..

sneakers
02-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Grand Exalted Puba is better..

Sounds Like we have a winner and it will be announced as soon as we hear back from the lucky wiener..

Was I just elected?!?! :shocked:

Lonestar
02-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Was I just elected?!?! :shocked:

Did I miss your PM asking for the job?:laugh:

Lonestar
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Thinkaman was one of the volunteers and has been chosen to become the keeper of the knowledge..

We will be doing some great things here and all suggestions are welcome..

One that has been suggested is a mailbag like they have at Denver Post.

so he will be getting things going over the next few days..

BTW for those that want to ask questions and do not want to do this in an open forum. Some may have basic questions that many know and do not want to take heat from not knowing the answer.. that is one of the primary goals here to keep this a flame free zone..

PM him or me with them and we will add them to the mailbag..

BeefStew25
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
What is the difference between a Wing T and a Cover 2?

West
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM

One is an offensive formation and the other is a defensive coverage.

Thnikkaman
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM

Lets see. You know this one. :yardog: One is an offensive formation, and the other is a defensive formation. You tell me which.

slim
02-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Tinker, congrats on becoming a librarian. I am proud of you.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
The Wing-t offense of course brings to mind the University of Delaware, where it was greatly popularized. This offensive set is designed to use team speed and misdirection to take advantage of the defense.

This offense will cause defenders to lose sight of the ball as they try to read the blocking schemes as well as what's happening in the backfield. Because of the many options available to the offensive team with the wing-t, as defenders figure out how to react to one play, they'll be grossly out of position for others.

http://www.football-plays-and-drills.com/wing-t.html

The term "Cover 2" derives from the defensive strategy of separating the deep half of the field (starting at about 15 yards from the line of scrimmage) into two zones. Each of these deep zones is played by one of the safeties. Bud Carson, defensive coach for the Steelers "Steel Curtain" teams is said to have been the originator of this scheme. The four defensive linemen rush the quarterback, while the three linebackers and two cornerbacks separate the part of the field in front of the safeties into five smaller zones. Therefore, the Cover 2 is an entirely zone defense (no man-to-man coverage) that is deployed out a basic 4-3 personnel set (4 linemen, three linebackers).

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/354520/understanding_nfl_football_the_cover.html

MOtorboat
02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Tinker, congrats on becoming a librarian. I am proud of you.

We have a new persona to add to Tinker's resume:

http://images.craveonline.com/article_imgs/Image/Noah-Wyle.jpg

MOtorboat
02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Thnikkaman and the quest for the Wing T.

West
02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Lets see. You know this one. :yardog: One is an offensive formation, and the other is a defensive formation. You tell me which.

Its pretty self explanatory

MOtorboat
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
And some people suck at sarcasm.

West
02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
And some people suck at sarcasm.

Oh... alright.