PDA

View Full Version : Cool!

scott.475
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
This is just the kind of forum a guy like me needs, someplace I can learn more about the technical aspects of the game, strategy, etc.

Dortoh
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Have I explained the wr tree to you yet ;)

I agree this could be great

West
02-25-2009, 01:28 PM
I really hope this forum doesn't get overrun with morons who have the football IQ of a slug.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I really hope this forum doesn't get overrun with morons who have the football IQ of a slug.

huh? :confused:

-----

West
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
huh? :confused:

-----

Meaning.. I hope somebody like Larry Coyer doesn't come into this forum and ruins it with drivel and nonsense.

Clear?

Lonestar
02-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Meaning.. I hope somebody like Larry Coyer doesn't come into this forum and ruins it with drivel and nonsense.

Clear?

actually Coyer is a brilliant football mind I'd love to have him come in and draw up some X's and O's for us and explain how it should work..

unlike some multiple poster in this thread..

Clear!!

Rex
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Get out then.

NameUsedBefore
02-25-2009, 03:49 PM

Clear?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s115/huh0kay/face.jpg

SoCalImport
02-25-2009, 06:34 PM
OK. hard to admit, because I've been a huge fan for a long time, but.....
Can someone explain the whole 1,2 or 3 gap technique thing as it pertains to the 3/4 vs. the 4/3 defense.
I've figured out that it's to do with gap "responsibilities", and that a "gap" is obviously the space between opposing O-linemen that a back might run through.
but when someone starts talking about a DT playing a 3 gap technique I'm lost. How the hell can one guy cover all that real-estate?

West
02-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Can someone explain the whole 1,2 or 3 gap technique thing as it pertains to the 3/4 vs. the 4/3 defense.
I've figured out that it's to do with gap "responsibilities", and that a "gap" is obviously the space between opposing O-linemen that a back might run through.
but when someone starts talking about a DT playing a 3 gap technique I'm lost. How the hell can one guy cover all that real-estate?

Your right. It's about responsibilities. I'll try and explain this the best I can. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to explain on a dry erase board.

Generally, the NT, in the 3-4, has 2 gap responsibilites, gap A, which is 2 gaps. (the gaps beside the center). The linebackers are responsible for A and B. The linebacker on the backside of the slanting nose (if the nose slants) is responsible for the A gap and the linebacker on the same side of the slanting nose is responsible for the B gap because the nose is slanting into that A gap. And the end is responsible for C-D gaps.

Its really difficult to explain while typing. If we were in person, it'd be a lot more clear.

elsid13
02-26-2009, 08:42 AM

Gaps ^ indicate were the "hole" is
* is spacer

Gaps E***C **B **A **A **B ** C** D******E
_____WR^ ^LT ^ LG ^ C ^ RG^ RT^TE^ ^WR

Techinque refers to how and where the d linemen line up/or shad

frenchfan
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
but when someone starts talking about a DT playing a 3 gap technique I'm lost. How the hell can one guy cover all that real-estate?You know, I've been a football fan for more than 20 years and I don't have a great knowlegde in the technical aspect. Mainly because this game is not played too much here :tsk:

So, don't be ashamed to admit that... It's great to learn more from people who knows more than us.

I want to thank you all in advance for all the things I'm going to learn here

:beer: