PDA

View Full Version : Your Pre-season expectations

Sparky The Sun Devil
01-08-2012, 11:47 AM
What was your realistic expectations for this back at the beginning of preseason?

I expected us to start 1-4 and bench orton (well i was right about), and then finish as about the 21st or 22nd best team in the league. We havent had back to back losing seasons in decades, and I expected that to end. PLAYOFFS?! This was the first season ever my homerism didn't lead me to tell everyone we would easily win the division and get the lombardi trophy.

Tned
01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I thought the team would be somewhere between 6-9 wins, and had a shot at the division, which I had said I believed was there only way in. No way I expected the season to play out the way it did, in terms of 1-4, then 7-1, then 0-3.

chazoe60
01-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I thought we'd have at most 5 wins if we started Orton I thought we could maybe have six or seven if we didn't stick with Orton for too long.

Nomad
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Orton played as expected and I was glad to see Tebow get his chance. Winning in Miami against the Dolphins was a big thing because it has never been done before by a BRONCOS team.

BRONCOS gelled together and played to win games as a team which I thought winning 5 games would have been a good year. The defense played better than expected and Von Miller really impressed me...too bad for his hand and congrats on making the All Pro 2nd team. McGahee played great this year for the most part. Colquitt played great too as well as many others.

I was really disappointed in the last 2 games because with the playoffs on the line I didn't see the heart or will to win but perhaps the BRONCOS can redeem themselves with a win today.

broncophan
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM
i expected 4 or 5 wins....very pleased that we are in the playoffs...not happy with the way the last 3 games have gone....
I really hope Tebow is a part of this team...in some capacity...for many years to come...so..obviously..I hope he plays well today...
am hearing that the broncos will be ready to put Quinn in ...if Tebow struggles early.......makes me wonder just what the broncos game plan is today....

sneakers
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I always pick 16-0 every year!

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I had them at 4-6 wins closer to the 4.

hamrob
01-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought 6-8 wins was realistic. We did that.

I was disapointed...because I thought we were even better than that (later on). At 8-5, I thought the absolute worst we would be was 9-7.

Winning the division and making the playoffs is great. I hope we play tough today...and that will be absolutely great!

CoachChaz
01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I think I called 7-9. Not far off

shank
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
i predicted things exactly as they happened because i'm super smart. i did, however, underestimate how much of a red-headed stepchild dream is, which is surprising, because my prediction was "token."

Medford Bronco
01-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I picked 5-11 or 6-10 best case scenario. I never dreamed our defense would be as good as it turned out and Tebow would play very well at times especally in the 4th QTR.

and the Bears game is the bigges miracle win I have ever seen Denver get..

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
12-4 at the least

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I expected us to have no more than 6 wins, which is why I already feel this season was a success and I can't be too negative about the team regardless of how we ended the season or how we play today.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I expected us to have no more than 6 wins, which is why I already feel this season was a success and I can't be too negative about the team regardless of how we ended the season or how we play today.

That's exactly what I thought, regardless of who the QB was. If you look at the roster, most of the names don't jump off the paper at you. This team has overachieved by winning 8 games, winning the division, and making the playoffs.

Regardless of how the game turns out today, I'm a happy fan right now.