PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, playoff teams should officially protest Josh McDaniels hire in New England

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Once again, Bill Belichick has figured out a way to cheat the system. And once again, he caught the NFL standing there sucking their collective thumbs.

The New England Patriots reportedely have hired St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to be their new offensive assistant. Nothing wrong there. What’s wrong is McDaniels reportedly can start immediately and help the Patriots during their playoff run.

This is the 2011 season. McDaniels finished the 2011 season as the Rams’ offensive coordinator. He got his chance to contribute this year. His Rams scored an embarrassing 12.1 points per game, making them easily the league’s lowest scoring offense. His season should be finished.

interesting article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/07/broncos-playoff-teams-should-officially-protest-josh-mcdaniels-hire-in-new-england/11679/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

broncobryce
01-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Good for Josh. I wish him luck against everyone except us.

Dzone
01-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I cant stand Mcdaniels and I think he is a total *******

Clipworthy
01-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Ruined 2 teams on the rise: Mission Successful.

battherastard
01-07-2012, 07:49 PM
sneaky billhttp://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/8/84/Belichick.JPG

Dzone
01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
When your owner is Robert Kraft, pal of Goddell, you can do whatever you want

Buff
01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
It is kind of messed up because we couldn't go out and sign a player whose contract just expired at the end of the regular season. We have to wait until the free agency period starts in the offseason. It should probably work the same for coaches.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
It is kind of messed up because we couldn't go out and sign a player whose contract just expired at the end of the regular season. We have to wait until the free agency period starts in the offseason. It should probably work the same for coaches.

I agree - coaches, players, etc. should not be able to change until sometime after the SuperBowl.

camdisco24
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Exactly. Looks more and more like the conspiracy is true!! McD was a Bellicheat minion sent out to destroy, only to return when the job was complete.

:takes off foil hat:

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree - coaches, players, etc. should not be able to change until sometime after the SuperBowl.

Nope. Sorry. No rule against it.

It's never been done before because it's always been assumed that returning full circle was never a good career move.

Unless that team was the much beloved NE Patriots

And that Coach was the much beloved Bill Belichick

And that QB was the much beloved Tom Brady

And that owner was the much beloved Robert Kraft

And that wide receiver was the much beloved Wes Welker

And those TE's were the much beloved Hernandez and Gronk

Should I go on?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 08:22 PM

I didn't say there was a rule against it - I said there should be one.

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I didn't say there was a rule against it - I said there should be one.

Would you have been this upset if it was......let's say Detroit hiring recently fired Mike Martz to immediately become an offensive assistant in its playoff run?

Please answer honestly. Would you have been as upset or perhaps less upset?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Would you have been this upset if it was......let's say Detroit hiring recently fired Mike Martz to immediately become an offensive assistant in its playoff run?

Please answer honestly. Would you have been as upset or perhaps less upset?

Why do you feel I am upset, because I stated there should be a rule in regards to this?

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Why do you feel I am upset, because I stated there should be a rule in regards to this?

I will put it another way.

Would you have created a similar thread demanding a rule change if Detroit hired Mike Martz as an offensive assistant and he he can begin immediately in their playoff run?

Timmy!
01-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Its all setting up perfectly. Broncos beat the Steelers, then go to new England and get revenge on mcd and the beloved patsies.

UnderArmour
01-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Should I go on?

Joke is on you. Josh McDaniels does not know how to use TEs in an offense at all. He's even worse than Martz at it so good luck with Gronk and Hernandez next year because they will be absolutely worthless. Maybe Belichick can trade us Hernandez because he'll just be warming the bench.

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Joke is on you. Josh McDaniels does not know how to use TEs in an offense at all. He's even worse than Martz at it so good luck with Gronk and Hernandez next year because they will be absolutely worthless. Maybe Belichick can trade us Hernandez because he'll just be warming the bench.

Joke is on you. Aaron Hernandez is not really a TE, he's a hybrid WR.

And nobody can cover Gronk. Just throw the ball 15 feet in the air and he will jump up and catch it.

Now, Carol and I are having a good debate. Please let us continue.

Carol, it's your turn.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM

Would you have created a similar thread demanding a rule change if Detroit hired Mike Martz as an offensive assistant and he he can begin immediately in their playoff run?

OH MY - I create many threads with articles I find. And, regardless of who the team involved is, I believe there should be a rule, which does not allow this, while the season is still going on. And, would you be so defensive if it were not your team involved?

BroncoJoe
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
WTE, I hear Target has a good sale on socks right now.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
OH MY - I create many threads with articles I find. And, regardless of who the team involved is, I believe there should be a rule, which does not allow this, while the season is still going on.

That's a very good point you just made Carol..."While the season is still going on."

So, do you think there should be another rule change that prevents another team - college or pro - to hire an asst. coach while their still in a playoff run?

After all, that is a big disadvantage for a playoff team to have a key assistant who is now distracted with another job.

Do you favor that rule as well?

UnderArmour
01-07-2012, 08:48 PM

And nobody can cover Gronk. Just throw the ball 15 feet in the air and will jump up and catch it.

Carol, it's your turn.

We had a guy named Tony Scheffler who was a good receiving TE too that fit the bill of Hernandez (not nearly as good, but better than anyone we had). Instead of playing Scheffler, Josh kept putting out these 3-4 WR sets with Marshall, Stokely, Gaffney, and I can't even remember our 4th WR that year. Defenses caught on, McDaniels stubbornly held onto his Martzian refusal to throw to the TE or even throw the TE in the game. The Josh McDaniels offense prides itself on keeping good players on the bench.

You're really lucky that you have Tom Brady to fight with McDaniels, otherwise you'd be screwed.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
That's a very good point you just made Carol..."While the season is still going on."

So, do you think there should be another rule change that prevents another team - college or pro - to hire an asst. coach while their still in a playoff run?

After all, that is a big disadvantage for a playoff team to have a key assistant who is now distracted with another job.

Do you favor that rule as well?

Do you know for a fact that your OC will be distracted because of his future new gig?

WTE
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
WTE, I hear Target has a good sale on socks right now.

OMG, I can't believe you just said that! I bought a 10 pack of socks for my son last month at Target for $9.99. (It was an 8 pack but there was a bonus of two!)

I said to my wife, "How does anybody make any money off this?" "Only $9.99 for 10 Hanes socks?"

I love China.

Slick
01-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Wte is a communist.

RebelRocker
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM

And nobody can cover Gronk. Just throw the ball 15 feet in the air and he will jump up and catch it.

Carol, it's your turn.

Payback's a bitch, New England scum. We'll get our revenge.

Patriots fans will NEVER be as loyal as Broncos fans.

With the exception of last decade, you'd never accept your fanhood to that team.

They were the rusty butthole of the NFL for years and were an embarrassment to pro football.

Also, you wouldn't have any rings without some "top secret game film" and a clutch field goal kicker from South Dakota.

Have a nice day, Butthole fan.:welcome:

GO BRONCOS!:defense:

WTE
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Do you know for a fact that your OC will be distracted because of his future new gig?

Yes. Charlie Weis said it was very difficult and hectic when Notre Dame hired him when NE was in the middle of a playoff run.

Trying to juggle two jobs at the same time.

This is a critical recruiting period for college football programs.

Do you really think this is business as usual for Bill O'Brien as NE's OC?

I don't think you're being honest with yourself Carol.

WTE
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Have a nice day, Butthole fan.:welcome:

This was my favorite part of your post!

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Davii
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Disclaimer: I can't stand McD

That being said... WTE I disagree that this is a good career move for McD. With the incompetence he showed in Denver and in SL, any success he may have will be viewed as a result of Belicheck, Brady, etc.

He won't get credit for success on an already successful offense. Why should he? If he goes somewhere and improves a struggling franchise that would be the first time he has shown to be an improvement on a team.

He should've gone elsewhere if his goal is to get another HC gig. If his goal is to go somewhere that he can look good, or his incompetence can be covered up the he made the right choice.

WTE
01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
He should've gone elsewhere if his goal is to get another HC gig. If his goal is to go somewhere that he can look good, or his incompetence can be covered up the he made the right choice.

I disagree. NE is his best chance for sucess because he knows the system.

If McD is sucessful in his return to NE there will be at least a couple owners who would want to hire him as HC and could care less what happened in Denver or St. Louis.

McD could easily explain he wasn't ready when Bowlen hired him prematurely but he learned a lot more upon his return to NE.

Who even knows if Josh wants to be a HC again. Maybe he's happy to be a career OC anyway.

BTW, where did Carol go? Is she watching the Republican Debate?

Northman
01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree with carol, mcd should not be allowed to join the pats right now. But with that said I understand that o brien is still the oc and mcd will be his pet until the postseason is over.

iLands
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Love this news.

It's the end of an era.

Can't believe they brought this cancer back.

Whatever, their loss.

I say, he can't get into the position soon enough. Let him make this team implode a season early.

Nomad
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM

This is what the conspiracy theorists have been saying all along. I can understand Denver being a target because Belichick was their bitch for a while, but what did St Louis do.?

I heard McDaniels is trying to get a job with the Jets!:lol:

BroncoJoe
01-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Eh. It's not against the rules. Don't care.

BORDERLINE
01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
F' McDouche may he suck everywhere he get's employed

Davii
01-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I disagree. NE is his best chance for sucess because he knows the system.

If McD is sucessful in his return to NE there will be at least a couple owners who would want to hire him as HC and could care less what happened in Denver or St. Louis.

McD could easily explain he wasn't ready when Bowlen hired him prematurely but he learned a lot more upon his return to NE.

Who even knows if Josh wants to be a HC again. Maybe he's happy to be a career OC anyway.

BTW, where did Carol go? Is she watching the Republican Debate?

He might be successful, check that, he will be... But it won't be viewed as HIS success. If ever there was a coach who could get labeled as a "system"coach, it's him. If all you do is ride someone elses coat tails, you wil be seen as such.

camdisco24
01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Love this news.

It's the end of an error.

Fixed it for you.

WTE
01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
He might be successful, check that, he will be... But it won't be viewed as HIS success. If ever there was a coach who could get labeled as a "system"coach, it's him. If all you do is ride someone elses coat tails, you wil be seen as such.

McD called the gameplan and plays when he was with NE. Not Belichick.

Belichick delegates. He doesn't control all.

When NE went 11-5 under Casell that was McD calling the shots. Not Bill.

McD was the system in '07 and '08. Bill O'Brien is the system now.

Believe me. Belichick is far more actively involved on defense. That's his system.

Not the offense.

SR
01-07-2012, 10:42 PM

She has nothing against the Patriots bro. It's nothing against NE. It's the fact of the matter, regardless of the team.

I Eat Staples
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Good for Josh. I wish him luck against everyone except us.

Uh, you do realize he's the guy that set our franchise back years, right?

WTE
01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
She has nothing against the Patriots bro. It's nothing against NE. It's the fact of the matter, regardless of the team.

OK, so it's fine for Penn St. to grab a key member of NE's coaching staff right at the beginning of their playoff run. That's fine with you.

What if NE refused to allow Penn St. to talk to O'Brien until after the season was over. Would you think NE was douche for that? Probably.

There were 25 major college programs that had to hire a HC at the end of the season. Penn St. was the last college to make a hire. Nobody wanted that job at this point in time.

They found somebody in O'Brien. He made a sacrifice to help restore a presitgious college program.

The Patriots made a sacrifice letting him go at the beginning of their playoff run.

And you guys are seriously upset that McDaniels is allowed to return to help them offset that sacrifice?

Are you really that shallow and insecure?

Joel
01-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Its all setting up perfectly. Broncos beat the Steelers, then go to new England and get revenge on mcd and the beloved patsies.
That would be kind of sweet, as impossible as it sounds. They cross the field to shake hands after the game, Tebow hugs McDumbass, and whispers in his ear, "Remember when I told you I'd take Denver all the way? Well, I'M not a liar, you cheating sack of :censored:"

This does screw McDumbass' career though, and all Patriot hope of regaining legitimacy. Even if they win more Super Bowls he'll be a guy who can't win without Belichick holding his hand. Worse, for NE, people will wonder if their failure to make a SB since he left in the wake of Spygate is because only he knew how to read the IMPORTANT game film (i.e. other teams signal calls,) so they brought him back as an act of desperation.

That's actually quite plausible; McDumbass' offensive guru credentials before the Patriots essentially consisted of being a successful amateur coachs son: He's seen plenty of signal calls in his day, and is already under a cloud of suspicion after taking Spygate with him to Denver. Now it's apparently coming home to NE, so perhaps those who said they couldn't win the big one without it were right. And if they finally DO manage another Super Bowl title people will just nod and say, "Gee, the Patriots last Super Bowl appearance was the year of Spygate was discovered, a year before the departure of McDaniels, who brought Spygate to Denver; now McDaniels is back in NE and so is the Lombardi: Wonder if the camcorder is, too (but I don't wonder much.)"

So, yeah, legal; the only reason it wasn't legal for the Jets to hire Belichick away from NE then hire Parcells as a "consultant" (wink, wink) is because Parcells' contract with NE prohibited that, which doesn't apply here (did set the tone for Belichicks career though, didn't it?) It's just really really DUMB. So good job Belicheat and McDumbass: Displaying the hubris of which only they are capable; can't wait till it bites them in the butt again.

Meanwhile: The Saints converted 3/3 4th downs and NEVER punted, while retired WR Chris Collinsworth shook his own head at a DB flagged for brushing a CURRENT WRs head, saying, "I wish I was playing in this League." So, the NFL is officially the Arena League now, right? :rolleyes:

WTE
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
That would be kind of sweet, as impossible as it sounds. They cross the field to shake hands after the game, Tebow hugs McDumbass, and whispers in his ear, "Remember when I told you I'd take Denver all the way? Well, I'M not a liar, you cheating sack of :censored:"

This does screw McDumbass' career though, and all Patriot hope of regaining legitimacy. Even if they win more Super Bowls he'll be a guy who can't win without Belichick holding his hand. Worse, for NE, people will wonder if their failure to make a SB since he left in the wake of Spygate is because only he knew how to read the IMPORTANT game film (i.e. other teams signal calls,) so they brought him back as an act of desperation.

That's actually quite plausible; McDumbass' offensive guru credentials before the Patriots essentially consisted of being a successful amateur coachs son: He's seen plenty of signal calls in his day, and is already under a cloud of suspicion after taking Spygate with him to Denver. Now it's apparently coming home to NE, so perhaps those who said they couldn't win the big one without it were right. And if they finally DO manage another Super Bowl title people will just nod and say, "Gee, the Patriots last Super Bowl appearance was the year of Spygate was discovered, a year before the departure of McDaniels, who brought Spygate to Denver; now McDaniels is back in NE and so is the Lombardi: Wonder if the camcorder is, too (but I don't wonder much.)"

So, yeah, legal; the only reason it wasn't legal for the Jets to hire Belichick away from NE then hire Parcells as a "consultant" (wink, wink) is because Parcells' contract with NE prohibited that, which doesn't apply here (did set the tone for Belichicks career though, didn't it?) It's just really really DUMB. So good job Belicheat and McDumbass: Displaying the hubris of which only they are capable; can't wait till it bites them in the butt again.

Meanwhile: The Saints converted 3/3 4th downs and NEVER punted, while retired WR Chris Collinsworth shook his own head at a DB flagged for brushing a CURRENT WRs head, saying, "I wish I was playing in this League." So, the NFL is officially the Arena League now, right? :rolleyes:

I'm too drunk to read all that. What did he say?

bcbronc
01-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Exactly. Looks more and more like the conspiracy is true!! McD was a Bellicheat minion sent out to destroy, only to return when the job was complete.

:takes off foil hat:

Finally the Tebow selection makes sense. :D

I dunno, never seems like a bad career move to work with the best coach and qb of their era. McDaniel's is still a pup in NFL coaching terms, when he turns 40 his Denver debacle will be 6, 7 years in the rear view. *shrugs*

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2012, 11:34 PM
OK, so it's fine for Penn St. to grab a key member of NE's coaching staff right at the beginning of their playoff run. That's fine with you.

What if NE refused to allow Penn St. to talk to O'Brien until after the season was over. Would you think NE was douche for that? Probably.

There were 25 major college programs that had to hire a HC at the end of the season. Penn St. was the last college to make a hire. Nobody wanted that job at this point in time.

They found somebody in O'Brien. He made a sacrifice to help restore a presitgious college program.

The Patriots made a sacrifice letting him go at the beginning of their playoff run.

And you guys are seriously upset that McDaniels is allowed to return to help them offset that sacrifice?

Are you really that shallow and insecure?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

O'Brien: Will see Pats commitment through

Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien was introduced today as the head coach at Penn State, confirming at his press conference that he would stay on with the Patriots through the end of the playoffs

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post?id=4714330

Joel
01-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm too drunk to read all that. What did he say?
You got your cameraman back, which is nominally good news 'cos you haven't been to a Super Bowl since he got caught filming signals (the first time.)

It sucks for him because he's been a consistent failure since then and succeeding now will only show he needs Belichick to wet nurse him.

It sucks for ya'll because if you win another SB everyone will assume it was the same way as the last three, and that you only hired McDumbass in the first place because coachs kids know how to record signal calls.

Oh, and NO stomped the crap out of Detroit playing arena football, though they waited till the second half to do it. Expect the NFL to ease up on DBs and clamp down on passing soon for the sake of competition (i.e. ratings.)

dogfish
01-08-2012, 02:43 AM
protest the league?

i'd say we should cheer wildly. . . their 18-0 team fell short thanks to his shitty play calling, and this team's nowhere near as good as that one-- i'll wish them good luck with the "chuck it deep to ocho" offense. . .

It's never been done before because it's always been assumed that returning full circle was never a good career move.

Should I go on?

nah, i'll finish it for you. . . "And you just completely crippled two organizations in three years, got a bunch of people fired, and realistically don't have any other options because Pioli's probably not stupid enough to hire you."

is bill gonna make josh kiss the ring when he gets back?

bcbronc
01-08-2012, 03:00 AM
is bill gonna make josh kiss the ring when he gets back?

like Caligula? :yuck:

BroncoWave
01-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Uh, you do realize he's the guy that set our franchise back years, right?

Yeah, he set us back SO many years. It's not like we made the playoffs the year after he left or anything...

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Yeah, he set us back SO many years. It's not like we made the playoffs the year after he left or anything...

Using the fact that John Fox improved McD's 4-12 team to 8-8 in one year doesn't make McD look good. And how is McD responsible in any way for us making the playoffs? How many of McD's guys actually contributed to this run other than Tebow, who may still be a major bust?

The fact that we made the playoffs is actually a good point to bring up. If we were able to sneak into the playoffs with this extremely under-talented roster, imagine what we could have done if McD didn't trade Cutler? Hillis and Scheffler for barely any compensation? If he would have drafted actual impact players rather than Moreno, Richard Quinn, Alphonso Smith, (who he then traded for a practice squad caliber TE) etc. The only good moves I can think of McD making were trading Marshall and the trade for Joe Mays.

I'm completely bewildered as to how some people still defend this moron.

WTE
01-08-2012, 09:07 AM
OK, so after reading all those posts (except Joel's) the majority of you feel that McDaniels is a lousy coach who won't help NE anyway so it's no big deal and not worth the protest.

I knew that reasonable minds would eventually prevail. :welcome:

TXBRONC
01-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Should I go on?

I suggest you bone up on your history. Gunther Cunningham went from the Chiefs defensive coordinator to head coach, back to defensive coordinator. That aside take your the smack talk elsewhere and learn what an opinion is. Carol said she thinks it's wrong that the Patriots are being allowed to pull this shit.

TXBRONC
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

So you think Fox cleaning up McDaniels 4-12 mess makes McDaniels look good? Not in this reality.

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Not a big deal to me, Mcdaniels wont be calling any plays. And he wont change the fact that the patriots defense is sorry as hell.

WTE
01-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I suggest you bone up on your history. Gunther Cunningham went from the Chiefs defensive coordinator to head coach, back to defensive coordinator. That aside take your the smack talk elsewhere and learn what an opinion is. Carol said she thinks it's wrong that the Patriots are being allowed to pull this shit.

Gunther Cunningham's situation doesn't apply here. Carol is concerned that Josh is under contract with the rams but is allowed to join another team that same season and help in their playoff run.

How is that remotely related to Gunther?

chazoe60
01-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I want McD to help the Pats right now. If we win and play them we can use the extra karma. :laugh:

WTE, what do you honestly think of McD? You saw what he did to our franchise, how would you feel if it was announced he was Bellichick's heir aparent?

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Using the fact that John Fox improved McD's 4-12 team to 8-8 in one year doesn't make McD look good. And how is McD responsible in any way for us making the playoffs? How many of McD's guys actually contributed to this run other than Tebow, who may still be a major bust?

The fact that we made the playoffs is actually a good point to bring up. If we were able to sneak into the playoffs with this extremely under-talented roster, imagine what we could have done if McD didn't trade Cutler? Hillis and Scheffler for barely any compensation? If he would have drafted actual impact players rather than Moreno, Richard Quinn, Alphonso Smith, (who he then traded for a practice squad caliber TE) etc. The only good moves I can think of McD making were trading Marshall and the trade for Joe Mays.

Imagine what we coulda been if we didnt trade away two of mcdaniels great pick ups, lloyd and gaffney.

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I want McD to help the Pats right now. If we win and play them we can use the extra karma. :laugh:

WTE, what do you honestly think of McD? You saw what he did to our franchise, how would you feel if it was announced he was Bellichick's heir aparent?

The funny thing is mcdaniels probably woulda went 8-8 this year also after drafting von miller, Dooms had 17 sacks in the 3-4, Wow throw von in the 3-4 where he truly belongs and WOW even more. But its all good and nothing is going to change. the 4-3 means you have to be extremly deep at DL which we arent yet. The 3-4 would have been worth keeping around another year IMO just untill we had the bodies for DL to make this 4-3 work consistantly,

WTE
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM

McDaniels knows offenses and defenses and develops excellent gameplans to capitalize on strenghts and weaknesses. I like him a lot as do the vast majority of Patriots fans.

He was too young when Bowlen hired him as coach. He wasn't ready for that role. He is a terrible people person and comes off as very arrogant and abrasive. However, he has been humbled and pretty much admitted so.

I do not think he is the heir apparant to Belichick. BB will probably still be in NE five years from now but Josh might move on before then.

Would I want him as HC now or in the future? No.

OC, yes.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Gunther Cunningham's situation doesn't apply here. Carol is concerned that Josh is under contract with the rams but is allowed to join another team that same season and help in their playoff run.

How is that remotely related to Gunther?

Where did I say I was concerned that McD is under contract with the rams but is allowed to join another team?

McD was the only one on the ram's coaching staff who was not fired at the end of the season, and IMO, it was because he was the only one still under contract - therefore, if he was fired, possibly the ram's would be responsible for all, or at least some, of his salary going forth. With the rams granting permission for NE to talk with McD, that does not come into play.

WTE
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Where did I say I was concerned that McD is under contract with the rams but is allowed to join another team?

McD was the only one on the ram's coaching staff who was not fired at the end of the season, and IMO, it was because he was the only one still under contract - therefore, if he was fired, possibly the ram's would be responsible for all, or at least some, of his salary going forth. With the rams granting permission for NE to talk with McD, that does not come into play.

Then I'm not really sure why you are concerned with Josh going to NE.

What is it that bothers you? and I'm not trying to be smart here but I find this topic very unusual and interesting and I like to hear what real football fans think about it.

VonSackemMiller
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM
shes just finding something to complain about basically. typical from most of my bronco fans, But at the end of the day **** the patriots and mcdaniels, go broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Then I'm not really sure why you are concerned with Josh going to NE.

What is it that bothers you? and I'm not trying to be smart here but I find this topic very unusual and interesting and I like to hear what real football fans think about it.

Read the full article, which started this thread. I agree with what was pointed out in the article. I feel that ANY team still in the playoffs, should not be able to add/replace coaches until their season is over.

chazoe60
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I guess where it becomes a bad idea is if a team hires a bunch of "consultants" before the playoffs and those consultants are made up of recently fired coaches who are maybe from the conference that the team they're playing comes from.

It is a sticky situation.

Sorry for the confusing thought, sometimes I suffer from the dumb.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
shes just finding something to complain about basically. typical from most of my bronco fans, But at the end of the day **** the patriots and mcdaniels, go broncos.

This coming from the "king" of complainers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Protest? No. It's within the rules.

Petition for a rule change? Yes. It's a non-rule that shouldn't be allowed, but as of right now it is allowed.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Protest? No. It's within the rules.

Petition for a rule change? Yes. It's a non-rule that shouldn't be allowed, but as of right now it is allowed.

It's unique because the coach was going to college. That just doesn't happen very often. Normally, NFL teams couldn't hire O'Brien away until after the Patriots were done playing.

What I don't like is that McDaniels was under contract with St. Louis. I wouldn't have nearly a problem with it if he was a "free agent."

OrangeHoof
01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm surprised there is no rule against this but leave it to Belicheat to find the loophole.

As for assistants leaving, there's already a rule in place where NFL teams can't raid coaches of other teams until *their* season is over. Now they just need to amend it to be when both team's seasons are over.

And as for assistants going to college programs, those colleges are not part of the NFL so not subject to NFL rules.

Is it fair to the team the coach is leaving that's still in the post-season? No. But life can be unfair. It's up to the NFL to legislate that.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2012, 12:44 PM
It's unique because the coach was going to college. That just doesn't happen very often. Normally, NFL teams couldn't hire O'Brien away until after the Patriots were done playing.

What I don't like is that McDaniels was under contract with St. Louis. I wouldn't have nearly a problem with it if he was a "free agent."

With O'Brien stating that he will stay with NE as long as they are still in the playoffs, there is no coaching vacancy at this time, until O'Brien is gone. That is what I do not understand.

vettesplus
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
who cares, the pats are going to do what they do with or without mcdush....

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Clearly St. Louis is just fine with it.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Clearly St. Louis is just fine with it.

True. I was surprised they held on to him too.

WTE
01-08-2012, 02:00 PM
With O'Brien stating that he will stay with NE as long as they are still in the playoffs, there is no coaching vacancy at this time, until O'Brien is gone. That is what I do not understand.

I heard McDaniels will be mainly watching game film anyway. He's not some secret weapon who will design their master plan.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Belichcik's gameplan has come full circle!

He knew the Broncos were his kryptonite. He dispatched McDoof to denver to raze the team to the ground. McD is back just in time.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Seriously,

St. Louis is stupid! The minute the Pats called to interview they should have known they had a commodity on their hands and did to Belicheat as he has done. Ask for a draft pick, FCOL! If NE wouldnt pay up, then hold onto McD until the season was over or NE was out of it. FFS! Why not get compensation? :confused:

No wonder the Rams suck.

As for McD in NE. NE just spent last season and this season getting completely away from McD and his O. It is O'brien's O they are running. Also, Brady and McD had a less than chilly relationship!

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Belichcik's gameplan has come full circle!

He knew the Broncos were his kryptonite. He dispatched McDoof to denver to raze the team to the ground. McD is back just in time.

Great theory, but McD beat the Patriots.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Great theory, but McD beat the Patriots.

Only as a ruse and only in the regular season ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Seriously,

St. Louis is stupid! The minute the Pats called to interview they should have known they had a commodity on their hands and did to Belicheat as he has done. Ask for a draft pick, FCOL! If NE wouldnt pay up, then hold onto McD until the season was over or NE was out of it. FFS! Why not get compensation? :confused:

No wonder the Rams suck.

As for McD in NE. NE just spent last season and this season getting completely away from McD and his O. It is O'brien's O they are running. Also, Brady and McD had a less than chilly relationship!

McD was the only coach not fired after the season, because he was the only coach who's contract had not expired. If he would have been fired, would the rams been responsible for paying him for the one year left on his contract? If so, they do not have to do that now. Also, I read an article this morning stating that Fisher will accept the HC position with the rams, and the article also stated that he would not retain MCD.

OrangeHoof
01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
If the Broncos advance, I hope they make a big stink about this just to make the Patriots have to defend the practice and waste their time.

Joel
01-12-2012, 05:37 AM

To be fair, a number of McDumbass' picks are starting for us, even apart from Tebow: Ayers, Thomas, Decker until hurt, Walton and Beadles that I can think of the top of my head.

Most of those guys have played badly most of the time (though all played well last weekend,) but are the best players at their positions on a playoff team, or they wouldn't be starting. None have proven themselves franchise stars, but that's not possible for second year players, and that we have so many first and second year players who've shown flashes of greatness is partly owing to McDumbass. It is worth noting that the law of averages was on his side; trading away Cutler, Marshall and Scheff gave him 19 picks to shotgun at 2 drafts, so he managed to produce 6 starters despite several undeniable busts.

McDumbass' draft problem wasn't his eye for talent, but how and why he acquired it. If he'd spent even half those picks where needed--DEFENCE--instead of deciding before his plane landed in Denver to ship out Shannys offense, our first playoff game since might be THIS weekend. In typically arrogant fashion he ASSUMED he'd unerringly find even better players with the picks from those trades; now as then we can only hope he was right.

BroncoStud
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't have a problem with it. Josh couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Bill O'Brien will be missed in New England. Josh doesn't know how to use TE's or RB's, and last I checked Randy Moss isn't a Patriot any longer.

smageneration
01-12-2012, 08:29 AM
WTE, your ignorance is astounding. Having a college program call a coach to inquire about a hiring is not even close to hiring a former coach who has TWICE been caught breaking the literal and moral rules of the NFL and football in general. You really think Bellicheck has nothing to do with the offense? Oh, he's just about defense? Then damn, he must be an awful coach always surrounded by unbelievable coordinators because that defense is atrocious. Pat Bowlen may be one of the stingiest, but he's also one of the most lenient owners there is. No way he throws ANY coach out after 1 1/2 years unless said coach is god awful, a cheating *******, or a mix of the 2 (McDaniels)

WTE
01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
WTE, your ignorance is astounding.

If I didn't know any better I would say you're insulting me!

The Glue Factory
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously,

Against league rules now. Trade picks can be for players only.