PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread ~ Wildcard Edition: Broncos vs Steelers 01/08/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
MO,

I know you are a hardcore fan. That your a big fan of football, but please throw out the schematics and matchup BS out the window!!!!!!!

Football is played on a field where MEN go out and beat the daylights out of each other until one get's the victory.

You can say our system matches up good against theirs or this and that but plain and simple our guys just did the damn thing.

We caught balls that needed to be caught. Made plays when we needed to make plays. We just played harder today. Coached better. And that my friend is who ends up winning games!!!

SO please I get your point but really we complicate this game too much. Tell everyone who automatically said we where gonna lose and take that knowledge and shove IT.

Any given Sunday anything can happen (more in the playoffs) let's hope we bring it SATURDAY NIGHT

It's the reason they won, BL....

The reason those deep sideline passes were open we're because of the soft matchup zone and Lebeau's propensity for keeping the front seven within five yards of the line...

BORDERLINE
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM

The reason those deep sideline passes were open we're because of the soft matchup zone and Lebeau's propensity for keeping the front seven within five yards of the line...

let's leave that for later brother;)

WE owned their azz tonight:elefant:

I would love to be in the stadium talking smack to all the steel city faithful walking out with their heads down!!!!!

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
MO,

I know you are a hardcore fan. That your a big fan of football, but please throw out the schematics and matchup BS out the window!!!!!!!

Football is played on a field where MEN go out and beat the daylights out of each other until one get's the victory.

You can say our system matches up good against theirs or this and that but plain and simple our guys just did the damn thing.

We caught balls that needed to be caught. Made plays when we needed to make plays. We just played harder today. Coached better. And that my friend is who ends up winning games!!!

SO please I get your point but really we complicate this game too much. Tell everyone who automatically said we where gonna lose and take that knowledge and shove IT.

Any given Sunday anything can happen (more in the playoffs) let's hope we bring it SATURDAY NIGHT

Scheme is the main reason we're here right now. Our defense does not have much talent on it, and Fox and Allen have done an excellent job of covering that up with good scheming.

Joel
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Fox said afterward that it appeared to be major.

It will be an ACL and MCL (I can tell by watching it).
Hopes and prayers, both for his sake and the teams, that's not so, but I knew it was bad when they said our #2 WR wouldn't be back in our first playoff game in 6 years. Really a shame, because that near catch seemed to spark that whole offensive tear we went on in the 2nd quarter (without which the final score would've looked like the Giants game.)

LTC Pain
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM

You sound like Mr. Spock trying to explain the Easter bunny.

BORDERLINE
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Scheme is the main reason we're here right now. Our defense does not have much talent on it, and Fox and Allen have done an excellent job of covering that up with good scheming.

scheme???
Tebow couldn't throw???
what scheme???
they had the whole defense at the line of scrimmage, what scheme?
They made Tebow pass it and guess what he did it very well.

I'm sorry I don't buy this scheme and match-up BS because if it was this easy to predict everyone would have selected the Broncos to WIN.

WE PLAYED HARDER and made the plays we needed to make. This wasn't a total domination by the Broncos I.E.S

I just look at THIS game very differently I guess. They played us a certain way and gave us an option to beat them another.

We made the most of it :beer:

Congrats borther!!!!! WE get to see another football game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDaddyBronco
You sound like Mr. Spock trying to explain the Easter bunny.

That's an improvement. Most of the time he is talking about lucky stars, four leaf clovers, etc.

MOtorboat
That's an improvement. Most of the time he is talking about lucky stars, four leaf clovers, etc.

Oh, thats not right...

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I say good day to you, sir.

I SAY GOOD DAY!

soonermeteor
01-08-2012, 10:10 PM
That was one of those situations where you hated how the game was going, you were stressed out of your mind, the team almost blew it, but if you knew what kind of ending you were going to get you wouldn't have had it any other way. :salute: I'll take that over a blow out any time.

BigDaddyBronco
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Oh, thats not right...

That game was awesome MO. I was jumping around like we were at the end of the Chicago game. Good times, brother, good times.

Joel
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
We just cant let their TE kill us. if Brady gets time he is deadly was we all know., you must hit him and hit him hard. :defense:
They will, because our secondary is terrible (that as much as our offense slowing is why Pitt got to OT despite trailing by 2 TDs at the half) and the Pats line doesn't give up sacks.

Our best bet probably IS to just keep pounding their weak run D like last time (and hope they aren't able to adjust, since they remember that game, too,) until/unless they load the box, then burn them with a deep pass that gets us at least a FG. Passing more, at key times like today, would also give McGahee a breather after he gashes them for 40 yards on 3 straight plays, but the main thing is to do Brady like the Saints did the Lions yesterday: Our offense plays them much better than our D, so make sure that's 40 minutes of the game.

Great day to be a Broncos fan. this win is right up there when we beat the Patriots how ever many years ago that was.
'05, Big Bens coming out party. Cautionary tale; we thought we were home free after Pitt upset Indy and gave us homefield for the AFCCG, but 2 QB fumbles and 2 Ints later they were on their way to a SB win. :tsk:

Payback's a bitch, I've heard. :salute:

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
That game was awesome MO. I was jumping around like we were at the end of the Chicago game. Good times, brother, good times.

I pumped my fist, paced pumped my fist, went into the kitchen, pumped my fist, yelled, pumped my fist, kneeled in front of the replay and started swinging my stocking cap like it was a turribel towel. It was effing sweet. Wish I had you, shank and buff to celebrate it with at that moment...wow.

dogfish
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I pumped my fist, paced pumped my fist, went into the kitchen, pumped my fist, yelled, pumped my fist, kneeled in front of the replay and started swinging my stocking cap like it was a turribel towel. It was effing sweet. Wish I had you, shank and buff to celebrate it with at that moment...wow.

i was gonna high-five this. . . . :tsk:

:soleftout:

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
i was gonna high-five this. . . . :tsk:

:soleftout:

Hey, you were sitting wit MS and his hot sister (yes, I finally said it...since no one has) and I hear NTL's fall was epic and I missed that.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
This was one of the first games this year the wife and kids all watched it with me. They were yelling almost as loud as me! MrsBJ is hooked!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Chef Zambini
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I dont think we have a chance against the pats, but then i gave us no chance against the steelers too 1 so WTF do I know !
JMCD is back with the PATS, perhasps he can do for them what he did for us and the rams ! Go Broncos, I love icing !

Davii
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey, you were sitting wit MS and his hot sister (yes, I finally said it...since no one has) and I hear NTL's fall was epic and I missed that.

This post is useless without pics.

This thread however is ball and juice.

Chef Zambini
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
They will, because our secondary is terrible (that as much as our offense slowing is why Pitt got to OT despite trailing by 2 TDs at the half) and the Pats line doesn't give up sacks.

Our best bet probably IS to just keep pounding their weak run D like last time (and hope they aren't able to adjust, since they remember that game, too,) until/unless they load the box, then burn them with a deep pass that gets us at least a FG. Passing more, at key times like today, would also give McGahee a breather after he gashes them for 40 yards on 3 straight plays, but the main thing is to do Brady like the Saints did the Lions yesterday: Our offense plays them much better than our D, so make sure that's 40 minutes of the game.

'05, Big Bens coming out party. Cautionary tale; we thought we were home free after Pitt upset Indy and gave us homefield for the AFCCG, but 2 QB fumbles and 2 Ints later they were on their way to a SB win. :tsk:

Payback's a bitch, I've heard. :salute:I was at that game, the steeker faNS WERE so totally obnoxious ! This made todays win extra sweet !

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm about to watch it again, I can't guarantee what reaction it's going to cause.

This is your warning.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey, doesn't the Pittsburgh Mayor have to Tebow in a Broncos' jersey in front of a famous Pittsburgh landmark???

I remember that bet! Should be an instant classic picture. I think I will put it my new signature when it happens...

:beer:

dogfish
01-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm about to watch it again, I can't guarantee what reaction it's going to cause.

This is your warning.

don't shoot your eye out. . . .

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:30 PM
You want some pure jubilations? If you see the replay from the other end zone, you can see McGahee start to run after him, and he kind of hesitates and then he sees it and just throws his handsin the air.

If there's anyone who has bought in more than anyone it's McGahee. He's the lone free agent on this offense and he's completely bought in. He completely embraced this AND brought back the Mile High Salute. He's kind of an unsung hero here.

red98
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
It was crazy ...all I remember is it was ball...and it was juice...

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Bailey may have dropped the INT but he saved the game with that tip on second and long with 20 seconds left.

dogfish
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM
You want some pure jubilations? If you see the replay from the other end zone, you can see McGahee start to run after him, and he kind of hesitates and then he sees it and just throws his handsin the air.

If there's anyone who has bought in more than anyone it's McGahee. He's the lone free agent on this offense and he's completely bought in. He completely embraced this AND brought back the Mile High Salute. He's kind of an unsung hero here.

dan fells now feels as left out as i do-- nice going, midget. . .

:welcome:

dogfish
01-08-2012, 10:39 PM
man, i'm just savoring the prospect of watching NFL total access later. . .

:defense::defense:

Joel
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I was at that game, the steeker faNS WERE so totally obnoxious ! This made todays win extra sweet !
Sorry, man, that must've sucked hard. Steeler fans are always obnoxious after wins; only Packers and '9ers fans are worse, IMHO, though Pats fans are close (Cowboys fans are obviously fine, since I happen to be one. :tongue:)

It's ironic that fans of teams who've "been there" most are the WORST at acting like it. Hopefully we all remember to show some humility after our next Super Bowl win. :salute:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
It wasn't all a dream... I keep pinching myself.

Just amazing. I lost my voice on DT's game winning TD. So worth it.

Tebow was amazing today. The O-Line was amazing. Everybody stepped up and made a big play at some point.

That sack and fumble by Doom to knock Pittsburgh outta FG range on their last drive was HUGE!

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM

Come on, seriously, you hung with NTL, Gator and Mrs. Gator.

Then you got to chill with the coolest midget you've ever met.

Stop complaining. :tsk:

pnbronco
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM

no he doesn't.....I got the kiss in air from him.....the man grins from ear to ear, but was in a boot on the way out....

I AM SO HAPPY.....they played a complete game and WON!!!!! It was so amazing and fun and I can't even put into words how super, duper happy I am for the team. :elefant:............:elefant:

Joel
01-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Can't say enough about how much I like Fells as a receiver; I'm really hoping he makes up for losing Schefler, and was thrilled to see us get big plays from him in the playoffs.

dogfish
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Can't say enough about how much I like Fells as a receiver; I'm really hoping he makes up for losing Schefler, and was thrilled to see us get big plays from him in the playoffs.

he's not a "wow" guy, and he's had some drops this year too, but he's made the big catches when it counted. . . like the one that sparked tebowmania by setting up the win against miami, for instance. . .

we only signed him to a one-year deal. . . i hope they consider giving him an extension. . .

this team has a vibe like a college team. . . i want them to keep as much of this core together as possible-- they play their guts out for each other, and that's not so easy to find. . . players like bailey and dawk, von and tebow make it possible. . . we have lots of cap space-- i really hope they use some of it pro-actively to retain players like fells, bunkley and royal. . . continue to build our chemistry, don't **** with it. . .

even with guys like mays and beadles, who i think can be upgraded, i still want them back. . . bring in some fresh talent through the draft and let everybody compete, but we don't need to cut or trade very many bodies at all. . . players like the aforementioned, plus larsen, walton, royal, willis, maybe rahim moore and some others. . . they can all be potentially supplanted, but you keep them around, and now you actually have some functional depth, with guys that know your system and have played well enough to help you win some big games. . .

Dreadnought
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
A lot of guys stepped up

Chris Harris, Champ shutting down Wallace, Elvis' game saving sack, DT and TT obviously, Fells, Goodman, Carter. It was a breakout game for Ayers, too, in a lot of ways. Great great win

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Bailey may have dropped the INT but he saved the game with that tip on second and long with 20 seconds left.

Definite props on that play to Champ. Incredible play!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TimHippo
01-08-2012, 11:24 PM
"
It was out of character for Tebow as well as the Steelers defense. The NFL's No. 1 pass defense had given up six completions over 30 yards in 16 games. Tebow connected on five of them in one game against Pittsburgh. "
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post?id=51908

chazoe60
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I couldn't be happier with my favorite team in the world.

Thank you Broncos for reminding me why I love the sport and why ai love the team that calls Colorado home. I love you!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-08-2012, 11:28 PM
A lot of guys stepped up

Chris Harris, Champ shutting down Wallace, Elvis' game saving sack, DT and TT obviously, Fells, Goodman, Carter. It was a breakout game for Ayers, too, in a lot of ways. Great great win

Exactly. This is what we need to be competitive. The game can't just be about one or two playmakers making plays. A lot of guys, young guys, stepped up big time today.

The coaching staff took the cuffs off a little and gave Tebow and the offense a little more rope, and they were rewarded with 316 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, and no INTs.

Most impressive was this stat - ZERO SACKS ALLOWED! How many teams can say they didn't give up a sack to the feared Harrison/Woodley combo or to the Dick Lebeau "Blitzburgh" defense?

This team deserved this win. :congrats:

red98
01-08-2012, 11:32 PM
"
It was out of character for Tebow as well as the Steelers defense. The NFL's No. 1 pass defense had given up six completions over 30 yards in 16 games. Tebow connected on five of them in one game against Pittsburgh. "
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post?id=51908

Do you believe? Do-You-Believe!!!!

We believe, we believe...

Tebowtime2011
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow Bailey you just aren't what you used to be. Are you kidding me he shut down mike wallace for the entire game with only 3 catches and mike wallace is the fastest receiver in the game ur hella dumb ur stupid if you actually think that

red98
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
"What the Steelers knew, or at least thought they knew, was Tebow couldn't beat them. "

What we knew, or at least hoped we knew, was that Tebow and Doom and Miller and Bailey and friends could not be beaten, not today bitches.

NightTerror218
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
With all due respect, he WAS that bad in the last two games.

Not so today.

he was bad and people already started talking about replacing him and what not, while we are still in the season, complete crap. Look at how he bounced back and boosted his confidence today.

Once difference today was that entire team stepped up including him and he was not forced to put entire game on his arm.

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
he was bad and people already started talking about replacing him and what not, while we are still in the season, complete crap. Look at how he bounced back and boosted his confidence today.

Once difference today was that entire team stepped up including him and he was not forced to put entire game on his arm.

You're right. And Mcgahee was invisible today except the TERRIBLE fumble which almost cost us the game. Guys have bad games, especially young QB's. Ask Andy Dalton.

NightTerror218
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Great game, so much for "Glass" Thomas and "Cant throw" Tebow.

They steeped up major this game. Glad to see them do so.

I am happy with Thomas as a 1st rounder right now. He is coming out big.

dunk7
01-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm still in total shock...I really didn't think they could even keep it close against the Steelers. And did Tebow just practice throwing balls over 30 yards this week? Was shocked that he was hitting people in stride. He still makes so god awful ones (end over end throw to a wide open Willis in the end zone) but he made ones that I never thought he could complete.

Can't believe we are actually playing against the Pats and McDouche next week!!!

wayninja
01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Watching that hit on Decker again, man that pisses me off. Harrisson simply cannot hit cleanly and I don't think he's trying. The guy is clearly bitter and playing the 'well, if I can't go helmet to helmet, I'll just torpedo knees' game like a 250 pound child.

That guy needs to get banned.

broncobryce
01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Watching that hit on Decker again, man that pisses me off. Harrisson simply cannot hit cleanly and I don't think he's trying. The guy is clearly bitter and playing the 'well, if I can't go helmet to helmet, I'll just torpedo knees' game like a 250 pound child.

Harrison is a bitch and Tebow owned him time and time again.

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:16 AM

Meh. That guy is screwed either way. If he went any higher he is suspended and fined big time. It was just an unfortunate hit for Decker. I didn't see any malice or intent in the hit.

One thing you can say about Harrison is he either isn't smart or he is VERY UNDISCIPLINED! He had three weeks of DE's showing him how to play Tebow. Tebow owned his ass!

VonSackemMiller
01-09-2012, 12:22 AM

remember the steelers warned the league that they will just start taking guys knees out and ending careers. Ryan clark said that himself. that hell just start taking out knees and ending guys careers. im sure the rest of the defense feels the same way.

wayninja
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Meh. That guy is screwed either way. If he went any higher he is suspended and fined big time. It was just an unfortunate hit for Decker. I didn't see any malice or intent in the hit.

One thing you can say about Harrison is he either isn't smart or he is VERY UNDISCIPLINED! He had three weeks of DE's showing him how to play Tebow. Tebow owned his ass!

nah, I disagree. He went right for the knee and he could have just has easily hit the waist/numbers. I watched it 10 times. Guy is dirty, plain and simple.

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
nah, I disagree. He went right for the knee and he could have just has easily hit the waist/numbers. I watched it 10 times. Guy is dirty, plain and simple.

I'll watch it again. Remember he is smaller than Dumervil so....

BORDERLINE
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Harrison is a bitch and Tebow owned him time and time again.

Teebs made Harrison look like a statue out there on those option plays

HAHA

wayninja
01-09-2012, 12:32 AM

You'll see, he watched Decker come to the ground and simply torpedoed his knee, didn't even bother to use his hands at all, just tried to drive his helmet/shoulder into the plant leg. Sickening.

Here it is, check the ~46 second mark:
ecYOqIf2zoM

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:37 AM
You'll see, he watched Decker come to the ground and simply torpedoed his knee, didn't even bother to use his hands at all, just tried to drive his helmet/shoulder into the plant leg. Sickening.

Here it is, check the ~46 second mark:
ecYOqIf2zoM

Slo mo it looks terribly dirty (thinking of the Dave Chapelle skit right now :D). Regular speed I am not so sure. Wouldn't surprise me as Harrison is DIRTY than the South put together.

wayninja
01-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Slo mo it looks terribly dirty (thinking of the Dave Chapelle skit right now :D). Regular speed I am not so sure. Wouldn't surprise me as Harrison is DIRTY than the South put together.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and leads with his helmet on career ending parts of the body, it's probably James Harrison in a Duck suit.

Davii
01-09-2012, 02:55 AM
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and leads with his helmet on career ending parts of the body, it's probably James Harrison in a Duck suit.

Funniest thing you ever said!

Dzone
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Check out the Elway Interview...I love this shit!!!!!!Love how Elway reacted about Tebow breaking one of his playoff records!hahaha "I love it thats perfect!"
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7440551

TXBRONC
01-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Make thunder BDB make thunder! :salute:

Evo
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM
This was the first NFL game I've ever attended, and I flew to Denver all the way from southwest VA to see it (had never even flown before either).

It was an absolutely crazy day, but 110% worth it by the end. I really thought Pittsburg had us until we got that key sack in the end of the 4th. The stadium was in total uproar when Thomas broke free in OT.

Tebow looked great all game (though I didn't make it to the game on time so I missed the first 10 mins where apparently he didn't do so hot), I can only think of 2 passes where he made mistakes, one overthrow after he rolled left out of pocket and another where he underthrew Royal/Willis.

Everything else, vast improvements from previous weeks. Pocket protection was solid most of the night and Tebow did his thing when the pocket broke down and avoid some big sacks.

Definitely something I'll never forget.

shank
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM

and yet dumervil doesn't play dirty. what the hell is the comparison?

shank
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
is there a .gif or vid of the dj williams hit out there?

Dzone
01-09-2012, 10:43 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/tebow1.jpg

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 12:32 PM
One thing I liked to see was more play action to draw LB into run and passing to one on one coverage. Also Tebow was looking off safeties and throwing to other side of field. I think this was a great fundamental game for tebow.

Nomad
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
This was the first NFL game I've ever attended, and I flew to Denver all the way from southwest VA to see it (had never even flown before either).

It was an absolutely crazy day, but 110% worth it by the end. I really thought Pittsburg had us until we got that key sack in the end of the 4th. The stadium was in total uproar when Thomas broke free in OT.

Tebow looked great all game (though I didn't make it to the game on time so I missed the first 10 mins where apparently he didn't do so hot), I can only think of 2 passes where he made mistakes, one overthrow after he rolled left out of pocket and another where he underthrew Royal/Willis.

Everything else, vast improvements from previous weeks. Pocket protection was solid most of the night and Tebow did his thing when the pocket broke down and avoid some big sacks.

Definitely something I'll never forget.

Sounds like you're gonna have to drive up the road to Gillette and attend Saturday nights game....keep the good karma up

Blue Bronco Bob
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Wow! WOW! What a great game! My voice is barely coming back, still a sore throat! Man the atmosphere there yesterday was great, and what a lights out playoff performence by Tebow. Good job kid! Keep it up! Glad I witnessed that first hand!
Goooooooooooooo Broncoooooooooooos!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I love hearing Dave Logan call plays like this:

Here’s how KOA’s Dave Logan called the Broncos’ game-winning score from Tim Tebow to Demaryius Thomas last night. Fast-forward to about the five-minute mark:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/09/listen-to-dave-logans-call-of-broncos-game-winning-touchdown-vs-steelers/11722/

wayninja
01-09-2012, 04:22 PM

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/09/listen-to-dave-logans-call-of-broncos-game-winning-touchdown-vs-steelers/11722/

Yeah, that was great, Logan was PUMPED!

I cut from where he says "pass CAUGHT, DEMARYIOUS THOMAS..." up to "IT'S OVER IN DENVER!" and made it my new ringtone.

Blue Bronco Bob
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM

Logans awesome, but so was Zimmer~!

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Yes, the TV announcer got excited because it was an exciting play.
Logan became excited because he's a Broncos fan. I could really tell the
difference.

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Logans awesome, but so was Zimmer~!

Yes, I remember Larry Zimmer and also Bob Martin.

They have gone from one great play-by-play man to another over the years.

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
My dad bitched all afternoon about the commentary on the game. I finally have him convinced that from now on we are turning down the tv and turning on KOA. Personally I love Dave Logan. I still get goosebumps when I hear.....Oh baby, we're gonna win this thing!!

:D

Blue Bronco Bob
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes, I remember Larry Zimmer and also Bob Martin.

They have gone from one great play-by-play man to another over the years.

Oh yes, definately Bob Martin too! I cant wait to hear what Al and Dmac have to say on the drive while im heading home today....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
My dad bitched all afternoon about the commentary on the game. I finally have him convinced that from now on we are turning down the tv and turning on KOA. Personally I love Dave Logan. I still get goosebumps when I hear.....Oh baby, we're gonna win this thing!!

I get goosebumps also - could not find the video of Dave's call, but here are the words:

“One play baby, one play. 4th and 6. And I know I’m supposed to be objective but I can’t help it. 4th and 6 with 32 seconds to go. One play to the Championship. Freeman and Mays wide left, Chmura inside of Mickens to the right side, Favre with Levens behind him. 4th and 6 from the 31. Blitz is on. Favre – hit as he throws. Pass is gonna be INCOMPLETE!!!! DENVER HOOOOOLLLLDDDSSS!!! Denver’s gonna win it! Oh baby they’re gonna win this thing! Are you kidding me? Bronco players are all over the field! Oh man! You can stand up and salute in Denver. You got the World Champions that live in your town.” – Dave Logan, Super Bowl XXXII

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/25/1268719/remembering-the-first-time-denver

UrbanBounca
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM

I got chills listening to Dave Logon on KOA just a minute ago. I didn't even hear the commentary on TV last night cause I was busy jumping up and down with my girlfriend.

BTW, she's a Broncos fan now. :salute:

rjent
01-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Great find! Man what a game Sunday .... :beer:

Davii
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that was great, Logan was PUMPED!

I cut from where he says "pass CAUGHT, DEMARYIOUS THOMAS..." up to "IT'S OVER IN DENVER!" and made it my new ringtone.

What did you use to do that? I'd like to make a ring tone out of it as well

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Who deserves a game ball?

I think Bailey, Ayers and Thomas. Tebow/OL runner ups.

Bailey made huge plays all over the field (many big pass deflections and what should have been forced fumble). Ayers had key tackles and sacks. Thomas had 4 catches for 200+ yards and huge amount of yards after the catch.

Tebow and the OL stepped up huge this game too. Tebow looked more like an NFL passer. OL blocked very well and did not give up a sack.

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 02:19 PM
WSjWluWTbiA

JaxBroncoGirl
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Have not been able to post since the game. Wow is all I can say! Our 12th Man showed up and the stadium was "Rockin" I could feel it through the TV........Go Bronocos!!!

Great Game to the Whole Team!!!!

wayninja
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
What did you use to do that? I'd like to make a ring tone out of it as well

Audacity. Can convert between formats and edits wav/mp3 etc files.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You'll need to capture the audio first, typically you can use windows' sound recorder to capture what is coming through your audio card (or audacity can do that too if your machine is configured correctly).

Send me a PM and I'll send you the mp3 file I made of it, if you don't enjoy the excercise.

ShooterJM
01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I get goosebumps also - could not find the video of Dave's call, but here are the words:

Man, I remember losing my mind watching that game! :salute: