PDA

View Full Version : The road to the Super Bowl

GEM
01-07-2012, 12:25 AM
So I am walking through walmart and I end up in the tv section. On all tv's is Denvers 97 playoff run NFL film. I sat there watching from beginning to end cheering. I looked like a complete dork. But ya know what, I dont give a shit. I have been pretty negative so far this week. No Freaking more. We are in the damned playoffs. No easy feat these days. So ya know what...go ******* Broncos!!! Go ******* Tebow!!! The negative bullshit was just dumb. We were not supposed to be here, yet here we are and I am going to live in the moment. And at this moment, we are in the hunt. **** yes!!!

camdisco24
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Amen sista! AMEN!

jhildebrand
01-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Atta Girl, Gem.

The negativity is good for nothing. It has surrounded this franchise since losing to the 49ers in the season finale a few years back. It was a monkey on the back of this franchise from D Will's murder, to Nash and McKinley's deaths. It only grew worse with McDoof.

I never thought this fanbase could fracture. It has. Let's let the playoff's, win or lose, become the path back to normal.

All debate aside-the PO's, if anything, signal this franchise is in good hands again! :beer:

BroncoWave
01-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm glad to see a post like this! Dead serious, if I had awoken from a coma and begun reading this board with no knowledge of what was going on in the world, I would firmly believe that Denver was getting ready for a top 5 pick, not a playoff game. How sad is that?

camdisco24
01-07-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm glad to see a post like this! Dead serious, if I had awoken from a coma and begun reading this board with no knowledge of what was going on in the world, I would firmly believe that Denver was getting ready for a top 5 pick, not a playoff game. How sad is that?

Seriously... I've spent less time on here this week (at least Broncos talk) because some people have been such a buzz kill. Enjoy it while it lasts, at least for a few days!

pnbronco
01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I understand Gem. I have been somewhere between negative and worse yet indifferent. As much as I love those boys that whole Teboit circus has really taken a tole on me this year.

Well the heck with them. Doom has NEVER been to a playoff game, but has had a different D Cord since he started with the Broncos. Haggan went from being a starter to a back up and has played a lot on Special Teams and never complained for one minute. Champ bless that mans heart for staying here in Denver when he was free to go elsewhere. Dawkins, Goodman, McGahee, DJ...all vets that are just trying to do the best that they can. Kuper breaks my heart that he won't get to play in this game, but dang it we are going because of him.

This is OUR team and I could not be more proud of them. They got so much further that I dreamed that they could of. Great job team!!!!!

I will be there on Sunday with my orange and blue on yelling GO BRONCOS!!!

Thnikkaman
01-07-2012, 01:06 AM
glad to see you see the light.

there is nothing to gain by being negative.
you won't force how the players play
if we lose on sunday, its not going to hurt any less if you are negative
never has never won anything
I've been told before 97 that Denver will never win the big one

enjoy it while we can
we are not guaranteed to ever make it to this stage again
realist is not a ******* substitute for pessimist
if you don't like the way this team got here, or don't like who is on the roster then don't watch the damn game

act like you've been here before, and be glad we get one more game to watch

Joel
01-07-2012, 01:08 AM
It's a valid point; anyone who doesn't think we were MUCH better than our 4-12 record last season ought to be impressed by how far we've come. Folks who think we earned our Division championship should expect more success; folks who don't should sit back and savor the rather generous gravy. I know I'll be enjoying every moment of my Broncos playing Sunday with the nation watching. For once, no one (in the States) has to come to BF asking where to find a stream or complaining about the game not being aired where they live:

By virtue of their accomplishments all year, the Denver Broncos are nationwide. :salute:

chazoe60
01-07-2012, 01:08 AM
**** an A.

Kick their ass Broncos, send em home cryin' in their stupid ass towels.

red98
01-07-2012, 01:15 AM
So I am walking through walmart and I end up in the tv section. On all tv's is Denvers 97 playoff run NFL film. I sat there watching from beginning to end cheering. I looked like a complete dork. But ya know what, I dont give a shit. I have been pretty negative so far this week. No Freaking more. We are in the damned playoffs. No easy feat these days. So ya know what...go ******* Broncos!!! Go ******* Tebow!!! The negative bullshit was just dumb. We were not supposed to be here, yet here we are and I am going to live in the moment. And at this moment, we are in the hunt. **** yes!!!

Thank you GEM!

Right now, whether Tebow is the future or not, I just want to beat those freak'n Steelers that made a mockery of Mile High back in 2005,

I doubt Tebow is our future, much as I like him and hope I'm wrong, but I don't care.

Take out the Steelers, win this game!

We can win! F the Steelers and their stupid yellow towels!
Go Broncos!!!

BORDERLINE
01-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Gem, you had me at Wal*Mart (F'N love that store)

Go Broncos, shock the muthafu**** world

Teebs will break out of this rutt and the defense will DOMINATE!!!!!!!!

Tebowfan2
01-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Hopefully all will go well, and if It doesnt, I will still be happy that they made it this far and will still be proud of them, as I always am, to my favorite team.

Tebowfan2
01-07-2012, 02:20 AM
and if you go back to the deli in walmart, ask for popcorn chicken, its amazing! Then you can throw it away before paying at the cash register (if your bad ass).

BroncoBJ
01-07-2012, 02:42 AM

Seriously. I'm starting to wonder if we really are in the playoffs or if I'm imagining it? :lol: I'm sure a win will definatly change the tune around here. Just the fact that we have 3 straight losses is tough. A win would sure be awesome, but yea it feels like were in offseason mode already. :fight:

nevcraw
01-07-2012, 06:20 AM
you are right on Gem!

remember when the Broncos lost in Pitt. and hit the wild card trail.. It was awesome! It took a team to grind out every win.. this new team is no different.. make the plays that are there and protect the ball. Defense needs to remind Ben how sore his ankle is and force in him into goodman or champs waiting arms..
I think they are overlooking us...

WTE
01-07-2012, 07:19 AM
So I am walking through walmart and I end up in the tv section. On all tv's is Denvers 97 playoff run NFL film.

Wow '97. That's a long time ago. Were they showing it in black & white?

Elevation inc
01-07-2012, 07:28 AM

i mistook it for 2007, you know when the giants spanked that fancy team you had..... :laugh:

Nomad
01-07-2012, 08:59 AM
You are Giveemlove:D.

I'm still disappointed in the last 2 games but I guess I'm over it. Kinda like when the boys (yours or mine) screw up and you're really pissed for a day then in the end you still love them. BUT you'll always remember and remind them of that **** up and hope they learned from it.:lol: Parents....errr....fans are always perfect.:heh:

sneakers
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I remember the end of the 14-10 Chiefs game, and the last two minutes of the 2nd half against the steelers the best in my memory.....Didnt we kill the Faguars 41-10 or something in the first playoff game?

sneakers
01-07-2012, 03:17 PM

I am pretty sure most pats fans cant remember their team that long ago, since 90% of all patriots fans didnt become fans until 2001

Northman
01-07-2012, 03:25 PM

WTE
01-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I am pretty sure most pats fans cant remember their team that long ago, since 90% of all patriots fans didnt become fans until 2001

The Patriots made the Super Bowl the year before 1997 and gave Brett Favre and the Packers all they could handle.

The way NE wore down Green Bay is the main reason Denver barely beat them a year later.

Northman
01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
The Patriots made the Super Bowl the year before 1997 and gave Brett Favre and the Packers all they could handle.

The way NE wore down Green Bay is the main reason Denver barely beat them a year later.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea, ok.

jhildebrand
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM

You shouldn't have a hard time remembering that. Your franchise bought their MVP about that time.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtOMqz14paKCnENfmdJt-A1fpIm3iRfd1VmYbYt5ZdO5qgIwrE

jhildebrand
01-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I remember the end of the 14-10 Chiefs game, and the last two minutes of the 2nd half against the steelers the best in my memory.....Didnt we kill the Faguars 41-10 or something in the first playoff game?

TD, Derek Loville and Millburn all had 100 yards. Or something like that. We had to call the dogs off in that game!

GEM
01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Haha nomad!! Giveemlove, that was awhile ago!!! :)

iLands
01-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Elway won a Superbowl without a touchdown pass.

Just sayin'

Joel
01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
You shouldn't have a hard time remembering that. Your franchise bought their MVP about that time.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtOMqz14paKCnENfmdJt-A1fpIm3iRfd1VmYbYt5ZdO5qgIwrE
From Tuck Game to Spygate, the Pats dynasty was a class act they surely miss. What class felony is grand larceny, btw? ;) Most Pats fans likely repress memories of the '97 Broncos due to scarring from the '96 Broncos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjnZXSFOXCw

Elway won a Superbowl without a touchdown pass.

Just sayin'
He also had a HoF tackle, TE and back, plus 3 more Pro Bowl linemen and 2 more Pro Bowl WRs. Worth notin'. ;)