PDA

View Full Version : The Oscars 2009

Magnificent Seven
02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
The Oscars will be on tonight. Hugh Jackman will host the 2009 Academy Awards. I hope he will do a great job on the front stage. However, I like Billy Crystal better.

I am hoping that Heath Ledger will win the Oscar award for the best actor in a supporting role. He was awesome in Dark Knight.

Mickey Rourke should win for the best actor in a leading role. I saw "The Wrestler" and it was so gooood. However, I can feel that Sean Penn will win.

I am expecting to see Angelina Jolie in her hot dress. :D

Any thought?

MOtorboat
02-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Duke and Wake Forest play tonight too. Probably a lot more entertaining.

Plus, has anyone here actually seen any of the movies nominated? I haven't.

KCL
02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I have seen The Dark Knight...I never watch the Oscars.There have been some good movies out though!

slim
02-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Was Angie Jolie nominated for biggest whore?

Magnificent Seven
02-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Was Angie Jolie nominated for biggest whore?

LOL. She is nominated for actress in a leading role. (Changeling)

slim
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
LOL. She is nominated for actress in a leading role. (Changeling)

Did you see it?

What do think about that movie? I haven't seen it, but I am always on the look out for a good flick.

Magnificent Seven
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Did you see it?

What do think about that movie? I haven't seen it, but I am always on the look out for a good flick.

It was pretty good. I like her character in this film. Clint Eastwood directed this film and it was an interesting story.

aberdien
02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I enjoy the short films the most. Youtube them, they're all good.

girler
02-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Duke and Wake Forest play tonight too. Probably a lot more entertaining.

Plus, has anyone here actually seen any of the movies nominated? I haven't.

I really liked Slumdog Millionaire and Benjamin Button. They are very different movies, but good just the same. Benjamin Button is slow though, I don't know how you'd like it. I bet you'd like Slumdog it's a really interesting story told in a surprising way.

I saw Changeling too. If you like the strong kind of women that Angelina plays, it's a good movie. She takes down the whole LAPD in the 1920's, just by knowing she's right and not backing down. Again, not a fast moving movie.

aberdien
02-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Benjamin Button was a great movie.

girler
02-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Benjamin Button was a great movie.

I'm trying to talk Mr.B into watching it. He enjoys Brad Pitt as an actor, so I'm pretty sure he'll like the movie. But he'd also really like Slumdog Millionaire, so I'm not sure which one I'll get him to see first. It may have to wait until we get the DVD's into our house and I put them on in front of his face. :lol:

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Slumdog Millionaire dominates Oscars with Best Picture win.

"Slumdog Millionaire" is the Academy Awards champion, wrapping up its ghetto-to-glory story by winning best picture and seven other Oscars, including the directing honor for Danny Boyle.

A story of hope amid squalor in Mumbai, India, "Slumdog Millionaire" also had wins that include adapted screenplay, cinematography, editing and both music Oscars, score and song.

girler
02-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Slumdog Millionaire dominates Oscars with Best Picture win.

"Slumdog Millionaire" is the Academy Awards champion, wrapping up its ghetto-to-glory story by winning best picture and seven other Oscars, including the directing honor for Danny Boyle.

A story of hope amid squalor in Mumbai, India, "Slumdog Millionaire" also had wins that include adapted screenplay, cinematography, editing and both music Oscars, score and song.

I told Mr.B (who is doing work so he's not listening much :tongue:) that the fact that Slumdog won the Oscar just reinforces the theme of the movie. :salute:

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I was expecting to see Mickey Rourke to win the award. However, Sean Penn has won.

Penn's first words upon taking the stage to accept his prize for playing the slain gay-rights pioneer were: "You commie, homo-loving sons of guns."

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 12:14 AM
No surprises tonight. Pretty boring. Glad Heath won. In related news The Dark Knight just passed 1 BILLION worldwide. 1 Oscar nod for the biggest movie of the year? Bunch of crap if you ask me...:laugh:

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2009, 12:27 AM
No surprises tonight. Pretty boring. Glad Heath won. In related news The Dark Knight just passed 1 BILLION worldwide. 1 Oscar nod for the biggest movie of the year? Bunch of crap if you ask me...:laugh:

It is about right. Heath Ledger was the best supporting actor. However, he was the best Joker in Batman history. Agree?

Cesar Romero-1960's ? Jack Nicholson-1989? Heath Ledger-2008?

KCL
02-23-2009, 12:28 AM
It is about right. Heath Ledger was the best supporting actor. However, he was the best Joker in Batman history. Agree?

The other 2 jokers were good for that era...I still liked Nicholson as the joker.

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 12:31 AM

He was the best Joker for this time. Being a comic geek (shocking, I know) Romero fit the times of the campy 60's Batman, Nicholson was a good sadistic 80's Batman, and Ledger was a pure Sociopath based on the Frank Miller graphic novels. Not one is better IMO, just different and good for the times.

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2009, 12:33 AM
The other 2 jokers were good for that era...I still liked Nicholson as the joker.

Who were other jokers? Help me out?

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 12:35 AM

Ledger and Romero, the other two you mentioned.

Mark Hamill was a good Joker in the animated series.

KCL
02-23-2009, 12:35 AM

:confused:

sneakers
02-23-2009, 12:48 AM
I like watching the movie chicks with half of their chesticles hanging out their dresses.

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 12:56 AM
I like watching the movie chicks with half of their chesticles hanging out their dresses.

sneakers, that was a very immature comment that made me squirt soda out of my nose. Go to your room.

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Mark Hamill was the Joker? I didn't know that.

girler
02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
sneakers, that was a very immature comment that made me squirt soda out of my nose. Go to your room.

Why were you drinking soda and not a shake? :eek:

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Mark Hamill was the Joker? I didn't know that.

The voice of him in the animated series in the 90's

MasterShake
02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Why were you drinking soda and not a shake? :eek:

I'm not a cannibal!

GEM
02-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I was amazed at the number of women who don't know their cup size. :lol: Most of them had on 2-3 sizes too small. Usually I wouldn't complain about that, but it didn't look attractive at all.

Buff
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
I was amazed at the number of women who don't know their cup size. :lol: Most of them had on 2-3 sizes too small. Usually I wouldn't complain about that, but it didn't look attractive at all.

Damn, maybe I should have watched...

I thought Slumdog Millionaire was just so-so. I think it was a down year for movies.

Slick
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I thought Benjamin Button was just a Forest Gump rip-off. The only difference was Forest/Brad Pitt was born an old man and turned into a baby.

I'm glad Ledger won, he made that movie for me.

girler
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm not a cannibal!

:listen: Bummer because shakes are much nicer on the way back up than sodas. :spit: