PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

dogfish
01-06-2012, 05:37 PM
who else is using it?

i'm pretty well convinced it's one of the best things ever. . .

http://www.spotify.com/us/start/?utm_source=spotify&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=start

slim
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Dog, what is this about?

MasterShake
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I tried it out, but I still prefer Pandora or Grooveshark.

dogfish
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Dog, what is this about?

it's a source of free streaming music, check the link. . .

their library is incredibly vast-- i just searched miles davis and they must have at least fifty full, original albums. . . that's what i'm loving the most about it-- it's not just single tracks. . .

it does include "commercials," but they're very few and far between, and even then they're just brief ads for spotify-- no insurance or car commercials. . .

dogfish
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I tried it out, but I still prefer Pandora or Grooveshark.

i'm not familiar with grooveshark. . . i've never liked pandora much-- cool idea, generally fails in practice for me. . .

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
-- no insurance or car commercials. . .

I'll pass this along and see what we can do about this.

dogfish
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll pass this along and see what we can do about this.

i hope your next batch of beer goes bad. . .

:welcome:

MasterShake
01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
i'm not familiar with grooveshark. . . i've never liked pandora much-- cool idea, generally fails in practice for me. . .

Grooveshark is awesome. Great for work. I can set up hours of playlists on this thing http://grooveshark.com/

camdisco24
01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
I love Spotify! I'm amazed at how deep their library is. I've found some pretty obscure artists and songs on there. I prefer it over Pandora because I can actually pick the songs I want to hear and make it way more personal.

dogfish
01-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I love Spotify! I'm amazed at how deep their library is. I've found some pretty obscure artists and songs on there. I prefer it over Pandora because I can actually pick the songs I want to hear and make it way more personal.

pandora's cool enough for what it is. . . but spotify is to pandora what the '98 broncos were to that year's CU squad. . . i find myself amazed at some of the stuff they have available, and it grows all the time. . .

Thnikkaman
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I've been tempted by Spotify, but I can't pull the trigger on it. I've been very happy using blip.fm to find new music (something I don't believe spotify will do for me) and using google music for the tracks that I own to stream to my phone.

WTE
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Grooveshark is awesome. Great for work. I can set up hours of playlists on this thing http://grooveshark.com/

How the hell do you set up playlists on Grooveshark? I tried for some time yesterday and couldn't figure it out. I'm not too impressed with their functionality so far.

Thnikkaman
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM
How the hell do you set up playlists on Grooveshark? I tried for some time yesterday and couldn't figure it out. I'm not too impressed with their functionality so far.

First you create an account. Have you done that?

WTE
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
First you create an account. Have you done that?

Yeah, the free one.

Thnikkaman
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the free one.

Ok, so in the top of the browser, go to MY Music, then click on Playlists on the left. In the main part of the screen, there should be a "New Playlist" button. Then as you are listening to tracks, you can use the drop down associated with the task to add it to your playlist.

WTE
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Ok, so in the top of the browser, go to MY Music, then click on Playlists on the left. In the main part of the screen, there should be a "New Playlist" button. Then as you are listening to tracks, you can use the drop down associated with the task to add it to your playlist.

Cool. Got it. I just created a quick playlist.

I'm listening to Under The Milky Way by The Church.

Is that song gay?

Thnikkaman
01-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Cool. Got it. I just created a quick playlist.

I'm listening to Under The Milky Way by The Church.

Is that song gay?

Not as gay as this:

mItGNNPclvE

aberdien
02-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I lurvevurvuevr Spotify

Slick
02-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Spotify is currently not available in Mexico. Enter your email address to be first in line when we launch!

Boooooo!!!!

dogfish
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Boooooo!!!!

that sucks. . . discrimination!

(i'd get in line anyway, though-- it really is cool)