PDA

View Full Version : The English Premeir League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Slick
02-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Arsenal sitting in 5th place, behind Villa. :mad:

After a 0-0 draw with Sunderland, I'm wondering what is going on.

MOtorboat
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
They need more time to gel.

Den21vsBal19
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM

For whatever reason, Arsene seems reluctanct to spend any real money on replacing the likes of Viera over the last few years, and I think that lack of experience has cost the Gunners...............

Today's draw against City goes along way towards handing Manure the title, although it ain't over yet.............

BTW, are you aware of the new CL qualification rules? Top 3 qualify for the group stages next year, 4th place goes unprotected into the 2nd qualifying round............

Slick
02-22-2009, 05:15 PM
For whatever reason, Arsene seems reluctanct to spend any real money on replacing the likes of Viera over the last few years, and I think that lack of experience has cost the Gunners...............

Today's draw against City goes along way towards handing Manure the title, although it ain't over yet.............

BTW, are you aware of the new CL qualification rules? Top 3 qualify for the group stages next year, 4th place goes unprotected into the 2nd qualifying round............

I've always liked having a young team, but I think it's definitely been hurting us. The waiting for them to develop, come to full strength so to speak. I still miss Henry and Viera. The EPL is definitely not a little boys league.

I didn't know that about the Champions League. As it stands now, the Gunners are arse out. This sucks.

Broncospsycho77
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Newcastle had a nice draw against Everton today... any non-loss is a win this season...

I'm kinda liking Harper in goal since Given left.

Den21vsBal19
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Newcastle had a nice draw against Everton today... any non-loss is a win this season...

I'm kinda liking Harper in goal since Given left.
A Toon fan!?!?!?!?!?!:eek:

:lol: I like the Toon army, great bunch of lads, passionate support of the team, and one of the few buches that you can have a pint or five and a song with regardless of the result :beer:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
02-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks like it's in our hands again :elefant: I can sense number 18 on the horizon Den21. When Liverpool won the league in 1990, I never thought in a million years that United would catch up with you never mind doing it in under 20 years. Amazing.

9 more wins is all we need (if we beat you at OT that is). Come on Reds :beer:

Good game tonight as well but we should have one foot in the quarters already. We wont get many chances like that in the San Siro again. We should beat them at OT though. :pray:

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Glory glory

Den21vsBal19
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Decent result for the boys in Madrid :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Decent result for the boys in Madrid :D

How poor were Madrid, I thought Inter played poor but Jesus Madrid were terrible. Looks like it could be all 4 English clubs going through.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
In 2001 we had a laugh
3 cups were won to stick in a cafe
Let's sing them a song that'll have them in tears
They've not won the league for 19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years

Bring it on Den :beer: I can't wait for the kick off. They'll be tears this afternoon for one of us.

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 04:24 AM
In 2001 we had a laugh
3 cups were won to stick in a cafe
Let's sing them a song that'll have them in tears
They've not won the league for 19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years
19 years

Bring it on Den :beer: I can't wait for the kick off. They'll be tears this afternoon for one of us.
I'll really start to worry when it get's to 26 :coffee:

Certainly, today could be the end of the league season for us :tsk:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I'll really start to worry when it get's to 26 :coffee:

Certainly, today could be the end of the league season for us :tsk:

Have to give you that one Den :mad:

By the time you reach 26 we'll have passed you in the league and Europe ;)

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Have to give you that one Den :mad:

By the time you reach 26 we'll have passed you in the league and Europe ;)
:lol:

Maybe in the league, but Rafa seems to have a good understanding of European football............

Still, I can't see us going into the 2nd division (Championship as it is now) ;)

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 06:25 AM
From yesterday's Mirror :rofl:

After Liverpool’s impressive midweek demolition of a not at all impressive Real Madrid, talk is once again centering on whether Rafa Benitez’s prefers the Champions League to the day-to-day slog of the Premier League.

This talk will only get louder if Liverpool lose to Manchester United when the two teams meet at Old Trafford tomorrow lunchtime, which they probably will.

But I think I’ve figured out what the Merseysiders’ problem is, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they prefer playing in Europe than they do in Middlesborough.

It is this: they are vampires.

Think about it, it’s obvious. In daylight Liverpool are useless. They are weak and powerless, able to be outfought and outfoxed by teams such as Stoke City.

Place them under cover of darkness, though, and the team become invincible, devouring Spanish legends and Italian giants as if they were pale-skinned virgins.

So what he's really saying is that our main summer transfer targets should be Wesley Snipes & Kirk Jones :lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 07:11 AM

Maybe in the league, but Rafa seems to have a good understanding of European football............

Still, I can't see us going into the 2nd division (Championship as it is now) ;)

We were bored in 73 and wanted to visit some new grounds. :D

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 07:14 AM
We were bored in 73 and wanted to visit some new grounds. :D
:rofl:

Oh crap, Lucas plays instead of Alonso :behindsofa:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 07:30 AM
:rofl:

Oh crap, Lucas plays instead of Alonso :behindsofa:

It's ok O'Shea starts to even it out. :lol:

Although I was very grateful he was on at Anfield a couple of years ago :elefant:

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 07:36 AM
It's ok O'Shea starts to even it out. :lol:

Although I was very grateful he was on at Anfield a couple of years agp :elefant:
Where's Danny Murphy when we need him? :tsk:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Where's Danny Murphy when we need him? :tsk:

Now he was someone who had the killer touch at OT :tsk:

Anyway the match is about to start. You'll forgive me if I don't say good luck. :D

:salute:

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Now he was someone who had the killer touch at OT :tsk:

Anyway the match is about to start. You'll forgive me if I don't say good luck. :D

:salute:
:eviltongue:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
:bawling: Told you there would be tears :mad:

Shocking performance. Whilst I'm gutted, I could see it coming, certaintly not this score or not even today but I think I said it in another thread we were due a stinker, especially as everyone is going on about winning everything. Hopefully the team will respond like they did last year after we lost at home to city. Take nothing away from you lot though. You turned up we didn't.

I'm still extremely confident we'll win the league. Today was just one of those days.

That's it, please excuse me I'm off to hide and cry under my pillow.

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 10:32 AM
:bawling: Told you there would be tears :mad:

Shocking performance. Whilst I'm gutted, I could see it coming, certaintly not this score or not even today but I think I said it in another thread we were due a stinker, especially as everyone is going on about winning everything. Hopefully the team will respond like they did last year after we lost at home to city. Take nothing away from you lot though. You turned up we didn't.

I'm still extremely confident we'll win the league. Today was just one of those days.

That's it, please excuse me I'm off to hide and cry under my pillow.
Unfortunately, I was either at work, or on my way home, so I only have R5's commentary to judge on so far.....................I won't say anything until I've at least seen the highlights, especially with regards to the pens & the sending off.............

That being said (;)), whilst it was a sweet result, I very much doubt it's going to have any bearing on the league :tsk:

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 02:00 PM
My son billed it as a do or die game, I saw it more as a die with dignity game, a chance to reclaim some pride after throwing away so much in the past couple of months. To see them put four past Man U today in their own stadium was so sweet and went some way towards making up for that :D I feel a four point lead and a game in hand is not something that Man Utd will allow to slip away easily. What I'd like to see now is Liverpool make this victory count by winning every single game their expected to win and not go lose to some turd teams. If Man U are going to win it I want them to have to earn it, not get any more extra help from Liverpool.
Someone said to me that Utd's last game is againt City.......................;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Someone said to me that Utd's last game is againt City.......................;)

It is.

Hull City :D

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
It is.

Hull City :D
Ah, well :whoknows:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Ah, well :whoknows:

We do have to play city still. Second to last home game.

Den21vsBal19
03-15-2009, 07:07 AM
We do have to play city still. Second to last home game.
Had a look at the next two games earlier, I see we both play Villa & Fulham................

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist this ;)

NEWSFLASH..... Greater Manchester
have arrested 14 men from Liverpool in
connection with a vicious beating that
occurred in Manchester Saturday! A fifteenth
man, believed to be Spanish, is still at large.
They are appealing to 75,569 witnesses to
come forward though its believed only
a small portion viewed the whole event.

Contact GM police on 016 1-4 1-4 1-4.

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
75,569 witnesses to come forward!!!
:shocked:

That should keep the police busy for a while ;)
Problem is, they should have really given out the Met's number ;)

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 07:43 PM
And some more good news :D

Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014.
The Liverpool manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined the Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist this ;)

NEWSFLASH..... Greater Manchester
have arrested 14 men from Liverpool in
connection with a vicious beating that
occurred in Manchester Saturday! A fifteenth
man, believed to be Spanish, is still at large.
They are appealing to 75,569 witnesses to
come forward though its believed only
a small portion viewed the whole event.

Contact GM police on 016 1-4 1-4 1-4.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/2643_74028526116_742516116_2742903_7005602_n.jpg

Den21vsBal19
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Well.........................that weekend's put the cat back amongst the pigeons :eek:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
We're just building up your hopes fellas.

Says with all fingers crossed

Den21vsBal19
03-23-2009, 07:31 PM
We're just building up your hopes fellas.

Says with all fingers crossed
See Sharkie's response, it's still yours to lose..............

Den21vsBal19
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
yeeeeeesssss!!!!!!!

Broncospsycho77
04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
:sob:

Den21vsBal19
04-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Come on you Villains :rockon:

Den21vsBal19
04-05-2009, 06:40 AM
I'd almost given up on getting a result against Fulham! The woodwork did it's best to deny us!
Let's hope Villa manage to take some points off Manure.
My mate went on a works ticket..............he was sat in the middle of the Fulham fans :eek:

(BTW, I want those posts checked for size ;))

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05lG8kZ3ah0QD/610x.jpg

:welcome: to Old Trafford Kiko :beer:

http://i41.tinypic.com/33bh0mc.jpg

Den21vsBal19
04-05-2009, 06:26 PM
****** jammy ******** :tsk:

Still say it's going to go down to the last game, though............

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
****** jammy ******** :tsk:

Still say it's going to go down to the last game, though............

Come on Den we were as lucky as you were, you scored the winner in injury time as well. After Villa went 2-1 up we were all over them. They had a couple of breakaways but that is what you expect when you are so committed to attacking. Welbeck (another star of the future) came close and so did Fletcher before Kiko scored.

I think it will be sorted one way or the other before the last game. The performance wasn't great yesterday, in fact for the first hour or so it was poor. I'm delighted with the way we never gave up though. Results are more important than performances this time of year and yesterday could prove to be a vital one. Forza Kiko :cool:

I don't believe in allowing under 18s to play in the premiership ;)

If you're good enough you're old enough :elefant:

Slick
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Freidel played like shit Denny. I'm not sure how he's been all season, but he looked soft yesterday. The second goal by Ronaldo was extremely soft IMO.

I realize the Gunners are out of the running and have been for some time, but it's nice to see them at least firmly in 4th place now. I was worried about next years CL.

Dr Velcro
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM

What?!?

Stop that.

Slick
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
What?!?

Stop that.

I like the Gunners V, I can't help it.

Dr Velcro
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I like the Gunners V, I can't help it.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/crys77/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg?t=1236968753

For your own good, you're coming back....

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Freidel played like shit Denny. I'm not sure how he's been all season, but he looked soft yesterday. The second goal by Ronaldo was extremely soft IMO.

I realize the Gunners are out of the running and have been for some time, but it's nice to see them at least firmly in 4th place now. I was worried about next years CL.

It's about time Freidal didn't have a performance superman would be proud off. I hate that man because I'm sure he was put on Earth to stop United winning. Shame he didn't count on Kiko :salute:

Den21vsBal19
04-08-2009, 06:32 AM
It's about time Freidal didn't have a performance superman would be proud off. I hate that man because I'm sure he was put on Earth to stop United winning. Shame he didn't count on Kiko :salute:
Only since he got out from our ex-goalkeeping coach's grasp...............I'm sure he had a stinker against you lot for us :mad:

Broncospsycho77
04-08-2009, 01:32 PM
The only Gunner that I like is Adabayor, but that's only because I like Togo's national team.

Den21vsBal19
04-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Stonking opener from Torres :D

edit ~ And 2nd :D

edit 2 ~ And a thunderbolt from Agger for the 3rd......................back to Utd

Den21vsBal19
04-11-2009, 11:57 AM
And both Utd & Chelsea respond to Liverpool's mark, Utd with a tense 2-1 win over Sunderland, and Chelsea nearly blowing a 4 goal cushion to squeak past Bolton 4-3 :eek:

MOTD should be fun tonight...........

Just for the sake of interest, here's the run ins ~

Tuesday/Wednesday, 21/22 April Chelsea Liverpool Utd
v Everton v Arsenal v Portsmouth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 25 April Chelsea Liverpool Utd
@ West Ham @ Hull v Tottenham
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday/Sunday, 02/03 May Chelsea Liverpool Utd
v Fulham v Newcastle @ Boro

Saturday/Sunday, 9/10 May Chelsea Liverpool Utd
@ Arsenal @ West Ham vs Man City

Wednesday, 13 May Utd
@ Wigan
Saturday/Sunday, 16/17 May Chelsea Liverpool Utd
v Blackburn @ West Brom v Arsenal

Sunday, 24 May Chelsea Liverpool Utd
@ Sunderland v Tottenham @ Hull

So Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham & Hull all have a huge say in how the Top 3 finally finish this year

Den21vsBal19
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
What a great game of football!!!!!! :eek:

Disappointed with the result, and we should have finished it in the first half, but Fabianski & Arshavin both had the games of their fledling Arsenal careers....................just hope they can produce a similar result when they play MU

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Today is a big day.

Den I don't know how you have got through your last two games. :lol:

Den21vsBal19
04-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Today is a big day.

Den I don't know how you have got through your last two games. :lol:
The Chelsea game wasn't too bad.........................a shot of scotch a goal :laugh:

Arsenal was slightly different, I went pub to with a couple of mates, but had to drive so I could only have the one pint :sad:

Broncospsycho77
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
What's this about Kaka playing for ManU this summer?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM
:elefant::elefant::elefant::beer::beer::beer:
What a second half performance.

What's this about Kaka playing for ManU this summer?

It's BS, all the quotes about Kaka loving United were actually made up by a United forum to see if the papers would use and they did. Proves that the papers are now full of lazy journalism who can't even be bothered to check if their sources are correct.

I would love him at United though saying that, if only to see the city fans faces :lol:

Den21vsBal19
04-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Utd played well, but what a pathetic, unprofessional, spineless shower of shite Spurs are :tsk:

Den21vsBal19
05-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Is it just me, or is Joey Barton a talentless thug who should be bent double in the showers as someone's biatch?

Slick
05-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Is it just me, or is Joey Barton a talentless thug who should be bent double in the showers as someone's biatch?

I saw that tackle on Alonso this morning. I didn't think it was all that bad, but obviously Xavi was hurt. If Barton has a habit of doing this, I understand your anger here.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
If Barton has a habit of doing this.

Barton is one of most vicious footballers around but in a very snide way. He is a scouser though so it shouldn't come as a surprise ;)

Slick
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM

Barton is one of most vicious footballers around but in a very snide way. He is a scouser though so it shouldn't come as a surprise ;)

What's a scouser? Is that the same thing as a bloody wanker? ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Pretty much yeah :D

A scouser is someone who comes from Liverpool

Den21vsBal19
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Trained in Manchester though ;)

He's a gutless little thug who should be sharing a cell with his brother :tsk:

Den21vsBal19
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
:tsk:

Broncospsycho77
05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh, sure, kick Barton off the field while Newcastle's down.

Relegation :(

Den21vsBal19
05-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Oh, sure, kick Barton off the field while Newcastle's down.

Relegation :(
Barton should never step on a football pitch again, you can only give a guy so many chances, y'know............

I hope the Toon survive somehow, but it doesn't look good for them :tsk:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Trained in Manchester though ;)

The blueside ;)

Den21vsBal19
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
The blueside ;)
And he's from the Blueshite, sorry side of Liverpool as well........................it all makes sense :lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
And he's from the Blueshite, sorry side of Liverpool as well........................it all makes sense :lol:

Is he Everton? I suppose he should have been destined to play for you lot then like all of the other scousers who played for you Fowler, Carragher, Gerrard etc.

Den21vsBal19
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Is he Everton? I suppose he should have been destined to play for you lot then like all of the other scousers who played for you Fowler, Carragher, Gerrard etc.
Yeah, remember thay Shity tour of Thailand a couple of years back> He get sent home for thumping a 15 year old BS fan, and they give him crap every time he plays them...........IIRC he mooned the Gladys Street during one game ...........................moron :tsk:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, remember thay Shity tour of Thailand a couple of years back> He get sent home for thumping a 15 year old BS fan, and they give him crap every time he plays them...........IIRC he mooned the Gladys Street during one game ...........................moron :tsk:

Yeah I remember now. I've only just seen the tackle, it was shocking :eek: Let's see who picks him up if Newcastle let him go. Which they should.

Den21vsBal19
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah I remember now. I've only just seen the tackle, it was shocking :eek: Let's see who picks him up if Newcastle let him go. Which they should.
Pointless, cowards assault............................what's Xabi done to upset people this year.................that's about the 5th red card for challenges on him :confused:

I'm thinking a Stoke or a Millwall might be about right for him....................if he does owt daft the home fans will give him a good kicking :lol:

Sad thing is, it'll probably cost Newcastle a small fortune to get rid of him :tsk:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-10-2009, 02:13 PM
:beer: 4 more points needed.

Easy Derby win, not the best game but who cares this late on.

We could win it before your boys play again Den.

I'm in Sofia, Bulgaria, on Saturday and the pub where we will be watching the game in is an Arsenal supporters club :D would be a nice payback of sorts to see us win the league in there as I remember them winning it at Old Trafford and it wasn't a nice feeling. Should be a good start to a nice little break anyway. Then I've managed to blag a freebie to Rome :cool: flights and hotel paid for. Just need a ticket now. :pray:

Slick
05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
...and the Gunners get drubbed at home. Pathetic. I admit, I have a lot to learn about the game, but this team seems uninspired, and lacking a veteran leader/enforcer. I know Wenger prides himself in getting a lot out of young talent, but I feel like it's a bit overboard. The finesse style of play I can live with... playing like you don't give a shit, bothers me.

good luck LUHG. :beer:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-10-2009, 03:59 PM
...and the Gunners get drubbed at home. Pathetic. I admit, I have a lot to learn about the game, but this team seems uninspired, and lacking a veteran leader/enforcer. I know Wenger prides himself in getting a lot out of young talent, but I feel like it's a bit overboard. The finesse style of play I can live with... playing like you don't give a shit, bothers me.

good luck LUHG. :beer:

I've not even checked the Arsenal score until now :eek: imagine getting beat 4-1 at home to a rival :tsk:

;)

Den21vsBal19
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
:beer: 4 more points needed.

Easy Derby win, not the best game but who cares this late on.

We could win it before your boys play again Den.

I'm in Sofia, Bulgaria, on Saturday and the pub where we will be watching the game in is an Arsenal supporters club :D would be a nice payback of sorts to see us win the league in there as I remember them winning it at Old Trafford and it wasn't a nice feeling. Should be a good start to a nice little break anyway. Then I've managed to blag a freebie to Rome :cool: flights and hotel paid for. Just need a ticket now. :pray:
Typical Shity..............last few years they've played very well in the derbies...............when they get a chance to really put a crimp on your season, they bend over and take it from behind :tsk:

You watch yourself over there.........................I was over there in 84, and the city and people were great.......................until matchday..................swore I'd never go there again

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Shity..............last few years they've played very well in the derbies...............when they get a chance to really put a crimp on your season, they bend over and take it from behind :tsk:

You watch yourself over there.........................I was over there in 84, and the city and people were great.......................until matchday..................swore I'd never go there again

city were shocking, I think the reason why it was such a poor game was because United wrapped up the game in the first and were relaxing in the second had city upped their game I think United would have but it was as though city accepted defeat. I have found though that teams in the last month have been lying down for both of us, even Spurs were getting hammered when they 2 up.

I've been Rome before and wasn't fond of it, that was just a holiday though. I've been to Milan several times and Turin for Juve so I'm aware of the tactics the Ultras use, I'll be watching my back all the time. I think though with 25/30k+ United going over it will be harder for them to pick off pockets of reds. I think it is slightly different this time as well. You lot were playing Roma for a start and it was 25 years :eek: ago. Don't worry though I'll be keeping my head down. :salute:

Jaws
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm liking Wigan right now.

1-0 up versus Manchester Utd.

Here's to hoping I'm still grinning in half an hour :beer:

Jaws
05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Darn.
Half that grin has already disappeared.

Now 1-1.

Jaws
05-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I can hear the faint notes of the fat lady singing and that grin has now gone.

Almost time to formally concede and extend congrats to ManchesterBroncoLUHG and his team's fans.

Still the faintest of hopes, but I think by the time Liverpool next play, I expect it to be mathematically over.

:beer:

Gonna getcha next season. Beware :fight:

Den21vsBal19
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Darn.
Half that grin has already disappeared.

Now 1-1.
My fault....................resisted as long as I could, but had to see how the game was going..................equaliser came two minutes later :frusty:

Guess we need Slick to do us a favour, now :pray:

Jaws
05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
My fault....................resisted as long as I could, but had to see how the game was going..................equaliser came two minutes later :frusty:

Guess we need Slick to do us a favour, now :pray:

Uh oh, don't watch anymore games between now and end of season ;)

I had to listen to my Dad gloat :mad:

Den21vsBal19
05-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Uh oh, don't watch anymore games between now and end of season ;)

I had to listen to my Dad gloat :mad:

You watching the Hillsborough game tomorrow?

Jaws
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM

You watching the Hillsborough game tomorrow?

I'd love to. Is it on telly?

Den21vsBal19
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I'd love to. Is it on telly?
ITV4 at 7 :D

I went the Tsunami game at Anfield a couple of years ago, it's always fun to watch the old timers play...............they may have lost(quite) a bit of pace, but the ability is still there.......................Rushie & Big Jan look pretty much like they could still be playing

Jaws
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM

I went the Tsunami game at Anfield a couple of years ago, it's always fun to watch the old timers play...............they may have lost(quite) a bit of pace, but the ability is still there.......................Rushie & Big Jan look pretty much like they could still be playing

Should be fun to watch. Thanks for the heads up :D

Den21vsBal19
05-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Well that was fun :D

OK, the legs aren't there anymore, but the skill and intelligence was a joy to behold..................Aldo & Rushie's goals were pretty much typical of their heydays, & Sheringham's would've been a contender for goal of the season if it had been a Premiership game.

I don't think King Kenny would have ever scored an easier goal though :lol:

Den21vsBal19
05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I suppose I'd better say it :puke:

C...................

Con.......................

Con................gr :puke:

Cong.......................grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::puke:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/TedMaul99/LP/18smaller.jpg

Broncospsycho77
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Fml

fml

fml

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2chamv7.gif :lol:

Let's see how many attend in the hotbed of football next season.

Cheer up Alan Shearer :beer:

CoachChaz
05-27-2009, 07:24 AM
6 hours until the second consecutive double begins

Den21vsBal19
05-28-2009, 07:07 AM
6 hours until the second consecutive double begins
:confused:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Looks like Ronnies gone :Cry:

Thanks for the last 5 years. I think you've made a mistake and I hope your team wins nothing as I can't stand them however I hope you keep on producing the football you are capable off. :salute:

Now the search is on for the next number 7. He'll have to be some player to follow on from Best, Robson, Cantona :king: Beckham and Ronaldo.

Jaws
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I wish I owned Ronaldo.
Eighty million would come in quite handy.

Any names been touted as a replacement?

What other positions do you think could be filled with some of that transfer fee Manchester Bronco?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I think it depends on how much we get to spend out of the money on players. As well as Ronnie going we've sold Campbell to Hull for £6m and have a few more on the transfer list which will bring in £15m I reckon so that is £100m in transfer fees.

In the ideal world we would spend that £100m plus £25m "transfer chest" that the gimps (Glazers) keep banging on about (or rather their puppets seeing as Glazer still 4 years later hasn't said one word to United fans.). If that was the case I would like Benezma or Villa, a midfielder Moutinho maybe or Veloso (or both they shouldn't be that dear) and a right and left winger, Valencia I think is pretty much ours now but who we would get for the left I have no idea. I would also love van Nistelrooy to come back just to stick on the bench. So not much :laugh: In a true ideal world though the Glazers wouldn't be at OT and Ronnie would be planning another season with United.

I think we will realistically spend money on a forward (as well as signing Tevez) and Valencia. Then the rest will go on our lovely interest payments. When people/fans/press pick up on the fact we've only spent £40m on players it will be "we've got the money but haven't found anyone" line.

The names being banded about are

Benezma
Villa
Silva
Valencia
Fabregras (£38m apparently) :eek: :rolleyes:
Moutinho
Aguero (wouldn't mind him actually)
Huntelaar
Gonzalez (Porto)

The list will be twice as long by tomorrow morning though. It's going to be a long summer because who ever we want we wont get until 11.59pm transfer deadline day.

EDIT:Ribery as well

Den21vsBal19
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Y'know, considering he said he 'wouldn't sell that lot a virus', Ferguson's done a fair bit of business with Beckham, van Nistelroy, Heinze & now the winker all going that way :lol:

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I love watching Madrid spend tons of money on the best players in the world only to fall on their faces. They are the Yankees of soccer.

Spending a fortune on Kaka/Ronaldo and soon to be Villa had better bring the Galacticos attempt alot more success than the last one did

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Y'know, considering he said he 'wouldn't sell that lot a virus', Ferguson's done a fair bit of business with Beckham, van Nistelroy, Heinze & now the winker all going that way :lol:

To be fair. Fergie hs said a lot of things then done the opposite. Sometimes he would be best off to say nothing at all.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I love watching Madrid spend tons of money on the best players in the world only to fall on their faces. They are the Yankees of soccer.

Spending a fortune on Kaka/Ronaldo and soon to be Villa had better bring the Galacticos attempt alot more success than the last one did

I'd prefer that they didn't spend their (or should that be the Spanish government's) millions on our players. :tsk:

Jaws
07-03-2009, 03:33 AM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164932090703-0850.htm

Got a favourite Den21? :D

A few of mine:

* "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." (Bill Shankly)

* "In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside: Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." (Bill Shankly)

* "Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." (Bob Paisley)

* "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." (Emlyn Hughes)

Den21vsBal19
07-03-2009, 07:03 AM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164932090703-0850.htm

Got a favourite Den21? :D

A few of mine:

* "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." (Bill Shankly)

* "In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside: Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." (Bill Shankly)

* "Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." (Bob Paisley)

* "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." (Emlyn Hughes)
I think the Everton one is my favourite, but I always lioked this one ~

"Take that bandage off. And what do you mean about YOUR knee? It's Liverpool's knee!" (Bill Shankly to Tommy Smith)

Shanks was a one man quote machine :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm still waiting for Ferguson and Owen to come clean about the horrible joke they are playing on us.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
The season is nearly here again. :beer:

Can United create history by becoming the first team to win the league 4 years in a row. :cool:

Opening day/weekend fixtures

Chelsea V Hull City 15 Aug 12:45
Aston Villa V Wigan 15 Aug 15:00
Blackburn V Man City 15 Aug 15:00
Bolton V Sunderland 15 Aug 15:00
Portsmouth V Fulham 15 Aug 15:00
Stoke City V Burnley 15 Aug 15:00
Wolves V West Ham 15 Aug 15:00
Everton V Arsenal 15 Aug 17:30
Man Utd V Birmingham 16 Aug 13:30
Tottenham V Liverpool 16 Aug 16:00

Come on United. :beer:

By the way where is Den21 :confused:

Broncospsycho77
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
NEW-CAS-TLE.

NEW-CAS-TLE.

I might just have to heckle this thread all year to make up for the wound in my soul :(

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-12-2009, 04:54 AM
NEW-CAS-TLE.

NEW-CAS-TLE.

I might just have to heckle this thread all year to make up for the wound in my soul :(

We could set up a Championship thread for you if you like? ;)

I didn't it was possible for it to get worse for you but looks like Ashley could be staying :eek:

Jaws
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
The season is nearly here again. :beer:

Can United create history by becoming the first team to win the league 4 years in a row. :cool:

Opening day/weekend fixtures

Chelsea V Hull City 15 Aug 12:45
Aston Villa V Wigan 15 Aug 15:00
Blackburn V Man City 15 Aug 15:00
Bolton V Sunderland 15 Aug 15:00
Portsmouth V Fulham 15 Aug 15:00
Stoke City V Burnley 15 Aug 15:00
Wolves V West Ham 15 Aug 15:00
Everton V Arsenal 15 Aug 17:30
Man Utd V Birmingham 16 Aug 13:30
Tottenham V Liverpool 16 Aug 16:00

Come on United. :beer:

By the way where is Den21 :confused:

Looking forward to Spurs v Liverpool on tv this Sunday :beer:

Almost four weeks with no Den21 posts. Hope you're ok mate.

*leaves tot of whisky in thread to entice you back*

;)

CoachChaz
08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm looking forward to ManU finding an answer for the injuries on defense and finding an offensive scheme that doesnt include Berbatov slowing things down all the time

Broncospsycho77
08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
We could set up a Championship thread for you if you like? ;)

I didn't it was possible for it to get worse for you but looks like Ashley could be staying :eek:

Don't remind me :( Hopefully there won't be a Leeds-like catastrophe, though it's still very possible.

I'll probably casually root for Arsenal because of Kroenke, as well as against Chelsea because it's fun.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Chelsea 2 - 1 Hull
Blackburn 0 - 2 Man City
Bolton 0 - 1 Sunderland
Stoke 2 - 0 Burnley
Aston Villa 0 - 2 Wigan
Wolverhampton 0 - 2 West Ham
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Fulham
Everton 1 - 6 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 - 0 Birmingham :beer:
Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool :beer:

No draws on the opening day :eek: Nice to see Rafa complaining again :laugh:

Happy New Season :beer:

Broncospsycho77
08-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Everton got murdered. Howard didn't even have a chance on 4 or 5 of those goals, and I'm not convinced that Arsenal is that great this year.

In other news, Newcastle is undefeated after 2 games in the Championship. Wooh!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Everton got murdered. Howard didn't even have a chance on 4 or 5 of those goals, and I'm not convinced that Arsenal is that great this year.

In other news, Newcastle is undefeated after 2 games in the Championship. Wooh!

I didn't watch the Arsenal game. I agree though that they wont do much. The one thing Arsenal need is some steel. They want to play everyone off the park ery single minute of the game. As much as I hate him they need a Vieira type player, someone who will give a bit back. Although saying that Vieira was all hype and crapped it when faced by really hard player. So a Keane type player maybe be better for them. :lol:

Reminds me off this. This won United the game that night, Arsenal were beaten before they stepped on the pitch. Despite going in front twice there was only going to be one winner :cool:

NKj8msoEKEo

qhP9xAl4xng

As for Newcastle keep hold of your players past Sept 1st and you'll come up I reckon. You need a manager fast though. Chris Houghton is nothing but a puppet.

Jaws
08-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Chelsea 2 - 1 Hull
Blackburn 0 - 2 Man City
Bolton 0 - 1 Sunderland
Stoke 2 - 0 Burnley
Aston Villa 0 - 2 Wigan
Wolverhampton 0 - 2 West Ham
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Fulham
Everton 1 - 6 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 - 0 Birmingham :beer:
Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool :beer:

No draws on the opening day :eek: Nice to see Rafa complaining again :laugh:

Happy New Season :beer:

I didn't need to see those again :tongue: ;)

On a positive and much more grandiose note, my tiny town team (population 2000) beat the City of Bangor in their first game ever in the Welsh Premier. Champion's League next guys. Oh and half the town turned out too, that's about 3-6 times more than the average crowd to watch a League of Wales game!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I didn't need to see those again :tongue: ;)

On a positive and much more grandiose note, my tiny town team (population 2000) beat the City of Bangor in their first game ever in the Welsh Premier. Champion's League next guys. Oh and half the town turned out too, that's about 3-6 times more than the average crowd to watch a League of Wales game!

My girlfriend is from Bangor and her cousin/second cousin is the manager of Bangor. At least I'll be sorted if United ever visit their ground :D

Jaws
08-18-2009, 04:19 PM
My girlfriend is from Bangor and her cousin/second cousin is the manager of Bangor. At least I'll be sorted if United ever visit their ground :D

That's cool. I used to teach in Bangor.
They were my fave League of Wales team till our town minnows got promoted, not that I've watched all that much of the League over the years to be honest, the lure of Premier League and richer pastures is too much of a distraction.

I wonder if anything will come of this (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24072009/58/sheikh-wants-buy-bangor-city.html)?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-19-2009, 01:02 PM
That's cool. I used to teach in Bangor.
They were my fave League of Wales team till our town minnows got promoted, not that I've watched all that much of the League over the years to be honest, the lure of Premier League and richer pastures is too much of a distraction.

I wonder if anything will come of this (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24072009/58/sheikh-wants-buy-bangor-city.html)?

Possibly, I heard that when I was in Bangor a few days ago. People there reckon he is about to plough a few million into them. They are getting a new stadium out of it apparently. There present is a dump but has the character of that level imo. It wouldn't look right in a brand spanking new stadium.

Jaws
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Tonight's fixtures:

Birmingham v Portsmouth
Burnley v Manchester Utd
Hull v Tottenham
Liverpool v Stoke

Hoping game no 2 and 4's scorelines remain the same as they are right now ;)
Burnley leading Man U 1-0 and Liverpool a goal ahead versus Stoke.

Jaws
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Birmingham 1 Portsmouth 0
Burnley 1 Manchester Utd 0
Hull 1 Tottenham 5
Liverpool 4 Stoke 0

Much better performance from Liverpool. Goals from Torres, Johnson, Kuyt and Ngog. New signing Glen Johnson putting in a real good performance.

Spurs have backed it up with another great game, could be a good season for them.

Pompey look to be really weak as suspected. Candidates for the drop.

Oh and how about Burnley, not in their wildest dreams did they believe they could beat the defending champions. Carnival atmosphere in that town tonight I'd imagine.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Birmingham 1 Portsmouth 0
Burnley 1 Manchester Utd 0
Hull 1 Tottenham 5
Liverpool 4 Stoke 0

Much better performance from Liverpool. Goals from Torres, Johnson, Kuyt and Ngog. New signing Glen Johnson putting in a real good performance.

Spurs have backed it up with another great game, could be a good season for them.

Pompey look to be really weak as suspected. Candidates for the drop.

Oh and how about Burnley, not in their wildest dreams did they believe they could beat the defending champions. Carnival atmosphere in that town tonight I'd imagine.

Shocking performance tonight.

We had plenty of chances but couldn't hit a barn door tonight.

As for Owen, he is dogshit. :mad: We need a striker and a midfielder badly.

Jaws
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I expect you're a little happier with Man U's weekend win Manchester Bronco, and woof poop even scored a goal ;)

Half time score between Liverpool and Aston Villa not pleasant viewing at all. They better claw back this two goal deficit in the second half or I'll never hear the end of it from my Villa mad son!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I expect you're a little happier with Man U's weekend win Manchester Bronco, and woof poop even scored a goal ;)

Half time score between Liverpool and Aston Villa not pleasant viewing at all. They better claw back this two goal deficit in the second half or I'll never hear the end of it from my Villa mad son!

Yeah much better. Still not happy with the scouse dwarf being on the pitch though although it was a very well taken goal. (I need a shower after saying that :bath: )

I'll try not to laugh at your result tonight seeing as you didn't at us on Wednesday. Great result for Villa though.

Give you son a :salute: from me though ;)

Jaws
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah much better. Still not happy with the scouse dwarf being on the pitch though although it was a very well taken goal. (I need a shower after saying that :bath: )

I'll try not to laugh at your result tonight seeing as you didn't at us on Wednesday. Great result for Villa though.

Give you son a :salute: from me though ;)

I won't have to suffer his taunting too long thankfully. He's off at 3.30a.m tommorrow morning to work at Peterborough for a few days.

Horrible performance, missed way too many chances and just as they get back into it, Stevie G goes and gives away a stupid penalty!

On a positive note, League of Wales is my consolation yet again, our minnows Bala town are still unbeaten, dream start, and joint top of the table!

Orange7
08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
What does everyone here think of 6+5?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
What does everyone here think of 6+5?

I disagree with it. If a player is good enough he shouldn't be restricted from playing for the top clubs just because of his nationality. It's a move designed from UEFA or FIFA (I forget who's idea it is) to stop the English clubs from dominating Europe like they have done for the last few years. Now the shift of power looks likesit is heading to Spain I bet there wont be a push for it as much from Blatter/Platini and co.

In an ideal world however there should be a salary cap for each league, that would even out those who have a desire to move to England/Spain/Italy wherever for money reasons only. If they could only earn as much as they did in their home league there wouldn't be the influx of players and clubs such as Red Star and Steaua Bucharest may become big European clubs again.

That will never happen though, there are too many people now who wouldn't stand for it. And you would need every league in the world to agree with it otherwise the leagues that didn't would just attract all the players.

In an ideal world I would also ban, in fact imprison all these greedy business men who only buy clubs to make money out of them, including the likes of Roman Abramovich (what happens to Chelsea when he gets shot or gets bored?). Starting of course with the Gimps from Tampa Bay the Glazers :mad:

Broncospsycho77
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
What a game!

Newcastle beats Huddersfield Town 4-3 after being down initially 3-1 in the second half!

NEW-CAS-TLE! The Toon Army lives on! Newcastle still undefeated
in the championship.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/8/26/1251290737683/Newcastle-fans-001.jpg

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Blackburn 0-0 West Ham
Bolton 2-3 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-0 Burnley
Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal
Stoke 1-0 Sunderland
Tottenham 2-1 Birmingham
Wolverhampton 1-1 Hull

Wenger :lol: it was a blatant off side :coffee:

http://img.skysports.com/09/08/800x600/Arsene-Wenger-water-bottle-Manchester-United-_2354032.jpg :bawling:

http://i29.tinypic.com/mh7pef.gif

http://i25.tinypic.com/mj72iv.gif :elefant:

Jaws
08-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I think both the reds and the red devils were somewhat fortunate to come through with a win yesterday.
As for poor Arsene Whinger, seems like the whole world is turning against him at the moment! He'll have to up his meds for his persecution complex.
Although saying that, no one has better bottle control than him :laugh:

Jaws
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
And the transfer deadline came and went, no particularly exciting last minute happenings. I've had to keep my Aston Villa mad son updated all day as he couldn't get access to the internet and tv. The signing of Dunne was much needed to bolster the defense and I suppose Collins will provide a little extra depth.

As for my town team, they've gone and hit the bottom of the barrel! (http://www.welsh-premier.com/index.php/headline-news/1159-bala-sign-former-toffeeman)

How could they? ;)

Orange7
09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I disagree with it. If a player is good enough he shouldn't be restricted from playing for the top clubs just because of his nationality. It's a move designed from UEFA or FIFA (I forget who's idea it is) to stop the English clubs from dominating Europe like they have done for the last few years. Now the shift of power looks likesit is heading to Spain I bet there wont be a push for it as much from Blatter/Platini and co.

That will never happen though, there are too many people now who wouldn't stand for it. And you would need every league in the world to agree with it otherwise the leagues that didn't would just attract all the players.

Yes, but to be fair, it's ridiculous if teams like Arsenal and Chelsea cannot field any or only 2 of the home nation. Instead of buying a cheap West African as a LB, an English club (or any foreign club) will have to develop home grown talent and not just buy someone.

Also, it will balance the power a bit. Leagues like the Dutch league who export most of their best players will get better, so will the Brazilian league.

I agree UEFA do not like English dominance, but if Spain are better at producing players than England then that's a problem England have to attend to.

I also don't think it will happen though because of several laws.

Broncospsycho77
09-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Adebayor with nasty, nasty revenge on ol' Arsenal. Gunners can't catch a break.

P.S. Newcastle still undefeated in the 'ship. Big game against Blackpool on Wednesday. Go Magpies!

Den21vsBal19
09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Adebayor with nasty, nasty revenge on ol' Arsenal. Gunners can't catch a break.

P.S. Newcastle still undefeated in the 'ship. Big game against Blackpool on Wednesday. Go Magpies!
Big game & Blackpool just don't belong in the same phrase ;) :lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, but to be fair, it's ridiculous if teams like Arsenal and Chelsea cannot field any or only 2 of the home nation. Instead of buying a cheap West African as a LB, an English club (or any foreign club) will have to develop home grown talent and not just buy someone.

Also, it will balance the power a bit. Leagues like the Dutch league who export most of their best players will get better, so will the Brazilian league.

I agree UEFA do not like English dominance, but if Spain are better at producing players than England then that's a problem England have to attend to.

I also don't think it will happen though because of several laws.

This has just been announced

The Premier League have introduced a home-grown player rule which will come into effect from next season, alongside a limit on squad sizes.

From the 2010/11 campaign, the 20 Premier League clubs have voted to introduce measures which will see all teams required to have eight home-grown players out of a squad of 25.

Chief executive Richard Scudamore confirmed the changes, with clubs only able to make alterations to their squads during the two transfer windows.

"As of next season clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown," Scudamore said.

"The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system.

"Clubs will have to declare their 25 at the end of August when the window shuts and then again at the end of January."

Incentive
Scudamore does not believe the move will encourage clubs to hoard young foreign players and claims the England team will ultimately reap the reward.

"It's not in the club's interests to stockpile players. It will make buying home-grown talent more attractive," he said.

"We're not going down the route of a nationality test but what this will mean is that you just can't buy a team from abroad.

"We think it will give clubs an extra incentive to invest in youth. We think that one of the benefits will be that it will help the England team."

All 20 Premier League members also agreed to adhere to a set of financial reporting rules designed to protect the viability and sustainability of the clubs.

Finances
"They will all have to annually submit accounts and future financial information," said Scudamore.

"At all times the board of the Premier League will be applying a test which basically says this: can the club fulfil its fixtures, pay off its creditors when they are due and also to meet obligations to the Premier League's contracts and partners?

"If the board believe a club is at risk of not meeting those obligations, it has to then step in and agree a budget for the running of that club. Any transfers can be embargoed.

"It's absolutely crucial that these clubs are run as ongoing viable concerns. These financial rules apply immediately.

"This is tied in, and we passed the rule during the summer, to a 'fit and proper person test'. At our club meeting last week, the clubs absolutely endorsed our position of not linking expenditure to income."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5560131,00.html

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Derby Day :beer:

Jaws
09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Go City ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Go City ;)

Replace g and o with f u c and .... you get the idea :beer:

I actually hate these days until the football starts. I had a dream last night that city won 10 - 3 :eek: :tsk: with Robinho scoring 7. I'm fairly certain that wont be happening though :lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
:elefant::beer::cool:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7351/90979671.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2589ogw.gif

Broncospsycho77
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
NewcastleU@ManU: You're welcome.

Jaws
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Are you liking Michael Owen now? ;)

What the heck was up with Rio?

Loved Bellamy's first goal, a beauty.

V exciting derby game I must admit, although, how that 4 minute extra time became 6, I don't know. I wouldn't like to be around Mark Hughes these next few days!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Are you liking Michael Owen now? ;)

What the heck was up with Rio?

Loved Bellamy's first goal, a beauty.

V exciting derby game I must admit, although, how that 4 minute extra time became 6, I don't know. I wouldn't like to be around Mark Hughes these next few days!

If Hitler would have scored that goal I would have gone mental. It'll take more than that to win me over.

Rio and Foster were at fault for two of the goals. Don't know what Rio was thinking.

Bellamy's first goal was a great finish. He connected really well almost as well as he connected to the fan on the pitch. Mind you it's easy to hit someone when 3 stewards are holding the person back.

G9X74N3KcCg

You can see the video, this is the statement from city's assistant Mark Bowen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8265810.stm

Asked if the club would take any action against Bellamy, City's assistant boss Mark Bowen told BBC Radio 5 live:
"No. I don't think there is any need to.

"My take is that he thought the fella might spit in his face or something," added Bowen.

"He came very close and moved towards him. Craig, with an open hand, just pushed the fella away."

Does it look to you that the fan was heading towards Bellamy :confused: Now the fan shouldn't have gone on the pitch but it doesn't give that little shit the right to hit him. Especially when the lad was being restrained by 3 people.

And as for Judas.

City manager Mark Hughes has also defended Bellamy's actions, saying:
"I did not see it but the guy should not have been on the pitch. That is not acceptable."

"Brian Clough clipped someone's ear," added Hughes. "He was lauded a national hero. Maybe it'll be the same with Craig but I doubt it."

Well Sparky you turncoat, let's hope he does get the same as Cloughie because he got a ban for the rest of the season.

Short memory from Mr Hughes. Once he get's the bullet later this year he can forget about thinking that he'll be welcome back at OT anytime soon.

Finally how do you turn 4 mins into 6 mins. Easy. When Bellamy scored he celebrated for a minute. So that makes it 5 mins. Carrick came on for Anderson another 30 seconds or so. Thats 5 minutes 30 seconds. We scored in 5 mins 26 seconds. As well as the goal and sub you had Given taking 20/30 seconds wasting time taking a goal kick and another 5/10 seconds when the city players were kicking the ball away when we had the freekick. Thats near on 6 minutes.

The amount of fun I've in work and on facebook etc over the 24 hours though I actually prefer the city fans to feel robbed as I thrive on their bitterness.

Tevez £47m Adebayor £25m Lescott £24m Santa Cruz £18m Toure £16m Barry £12m Teatowel £2.99 Seeing a welsh scouse reject, who cost **** all, burst your ******* massive bubble of delusion PRICELESS :salute:

NewcastleU@ManU: You're welcome.
You can still have him back

Back to winning ways I see. Sir Bobby Robson had his memorial service today. RIP Sir Bob.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-23-2009, 07:50 PM
United Liverpool should keep us occupied in bye week. I've got my beechball ready :lol:

Jaws
10-24-2009, 04:06 AM
United Liverpool should keep us occupied in bye week. I've got my beechball ready :lol:

:tsk::protest::eviltongue:

A must win game for Liverpool. The perfect medicine for getting over a horrible patch!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-24-2009, 06:13 AM
:tsk::protest::eviltongue:

A must win game for Liverpool. The perfect medicine for getting over a horrible patch!

Or just the vemon to kill your season. :shocked:

Jaws
10-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Or just the vemon to kill your season. :shocked:

Band aid applied ;)

If that was venom, gimme gallons of the stuff! :lol:

Lovely goal by Torres and nice for Ngog to get the second to seal it. On top of that, clean sheet too.

If only we played Man U every week :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Band aid applied ;)

Lovely goal by Torres and nice for Ngog to get the second to seal it. On top of that, clean sheet too.

:lalala:

Slick
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Arsenal is still okay. 3rd place with one less played then the rest of you guys. There is still talent on the team. Go Gunners!

Den21vsBal19
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Band aid applied ;)

:lol: :D

Sparkie
10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Band aid applied ;)

Ooh and a very nice purple fishie texted me the result just as i was taking my seat in Wembley before the start of the Tampa Bay game. ;) :tea:

Sorry, Glazer Bros - looks like Liverpool and New England rained on your double UK parade!! :lol: :lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Ooh and a very nice purple fishie texted me the result just as i was taking my seat in Wembley before the start of the Tampa Bay game. ;) :tea:

Sorry, Glazer Bros - looks like Liverpool and New England rained on your double UK parade!! :lol: :lol:

I cannot stand the Glazers hence my name LUHG Love United Hate Glazer. Therefore I love it when the Buccs get beat. 0-7 :beer: They shown where their commitment lies on Sunday though. At Wembley at a game that should be banned in this country when United are playing at Anfield against their main rivals. Sooner they are out of the club the better.

As for Sunday my stance is still :lalala:

Jaws
10-31-2009, 11:50 AM
I hate Liverpool! Grr.

Losing 3-1 to Fulham.

Typical.

I'll say it again.

Why can't we play Man Utd every week?

This kind of slip up spoils those sort of wins. You just know their going to go and screw it up in the next game against opponents they should be beating easily.

Den21vsBal19
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I hate Liverpool! Grr.

Losing 3-1 to Fulham.

Typical.

I'll say it again.

Why can't we play Man Utd every week?

This kind of slip up spoils those sort of wins. You just know their going to go and screw it up in the next game against opponents they should be beating easily.
Crap weekend, all in all :frusty:

Jaws
11-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Crap weekend, all in all :frusty:

You can say that again.

The only positive thing I can find is I may actually win a Broncos Forums fantasy football game, which would double my wins for the season!

Den21vsBal19
11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
You can say that again.

The only positive thing I can find is I may actually win a Broncos Forums fantasy football game, which would double my wins for the season!
:lol: Always looking for the silver lining, eh?

Jaws
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
:lol: Always looking for the silver lining, eh?

On weekends where orange and blue linings, not to mention red linings are a bit faint, one has to look to the silver. As long as that silver doesn't have any black mingled in amongst it of course. ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
If any one wonders why there is a sudden influx of Green and Gold scarfs and colours at United games all of a sudden. This is why.

The thing that I have noticed particularly obvious about the whole Glazer takeover has been how good the Glazers have been at dividing the fans.

Even amongst my friends there are pro FC / Anti FC / Not A Penny More / Match Tickets Only & no pies e.t.c but the one thing that obviously unites (excuse the pun) all of us is our need to get rid of the ******s.

I honestly do not believe for one minute that it is possible to get everyone to agree to anything, as has been shown here, but one think is for sure we all hate the Glazers. Unfortunately because we have different ways of showing it, and different ideas it will/has got very diluted and this is a major blow to everyone except the Glazers.

I think scarves/hats/badges etc are a good idea, alright it's not very radical but it is something that realistically could be adopted by everyone from the 'terrorist bomb the ********' section to the 'no pies inside' protestors.
One thing the chants inside OT this week did achieve should not be underestimated, and that is the fact that a lot more people were showing discontent than we imagined. Allright it's easy to chant but it's easy to wear a scarf/hat/badge/flag as well.

Now this bit might prove slightly controversial and it may sound like I am taking the piss but the big problem with the scarf/hat/badge/flag idea is that it is impossible to distinguish people who are wearing them and who are not. I therefore suggest that all anti glazer items be easily identifiable by making them a set colour (color for any Americans lurking).
My suggestion for this is Green/Gold of the old strip. This would make any anti glazer supporter stand out and a sea of green/gold could never go un-noticed on TV.
Also even thinks like green/gold cards or flyers of the back pages of fanzines (we would have to have a word with the mags about this) could be used to signify our dislike of the *****.
And I doubt it is possible for anyone to be ejected for wearing a green/gold scarf.

It mught be a shit idea, but if we can get ONE ******* thing to unite all of us then at least we have a start. I would gladly redo a section of the site in this colour and explain to a few thousand people what it means when they see anyone wearing this colour.

It's a visual impact, something that we have been severely lacking. And who knows, once people start to see how many people actually are opposed to this they may start being slightly more pro-active.

* As a side note if we ever played against Norwich it might get confusing, but **** it.
** We considered black etc but it's hardly noticable on TV or amongst the red/black that people currently have.
*** Let's go one step at a time. Get the people wearing colours who give a ****. If we later want to set off g/y flares, throw g/y scarves or paint the megastore g/y then that is another question for another day.

If you have a green/gold hat, scarf, badge, dog or child then you ******* hate glazer.

http://goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2010/01/22/1756386/manchester-united-supporters-scarf-protest-to-put-squeeze-on-the-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/7029199/Manchester-United-supporters-unite-in-bid-to-unseat-the-Glazer-family.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6999047.ece

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-fans-plan-scarf-protest-in-bid-to-force-Glazers-out-article297177.html

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4496/flaglarge.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/sy4dqp.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/n3w9ok.jpg
Love United Hate Glazer

Jaws
01-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Anyone else like to turn the clock back a decade or so in the Premiership?
I can't help but think that these big time foreigner owners taking over our League has made things worse.
I mean, all the money and fancy big name players was fun to start with.
But, now, I don't know...seems to me that the soul has been ripped out of the league somehow..it doesn't feel like it belongs to the fans anymore.
Then again, I might not be the best judge right now. What's happening at Liverpool is enough to cloud anyone's view!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
01-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Anyone else like to turn the clock back a decade or so in the Premiership?
I can't help but think that these big time foreigner owners taking over our League has made things worse.
I mean, all the money and fancy big name players was fun to start with.
But, now, I don't know...seems to me that the soul has been ripped out of the league somehow..it doesn't feel like it belongs to the fans anymore.
Then again, I might not be the best judge right now. What's happening at Liverpool is enough to cloud anyone's view!

I bet every Liverpool fan wants to turn the clock back a decade :D
Seriously though if it meant an end to these owners destroying our game and treating clubs as playthings or pig troughs then I would do it in a heartbeat.

You say all the money and big names? Only two clubs have benefitted so far from the influx in ownership. Chelsea and city. No one else. Mark my words as well. Chelsea and city will be wishing they were never touched when the respective owners get killed or get bored and leave their plaything in the shit.
Look at the other clubs though. Forget United and Liverpool as we're well documented. The following clubs have been affected by rogue owners just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty more.

Portsmouth
Leeds
Southampton
Newcastle
West Ham
Notts County
Stockport County
Luton Town
Hearts
QPR
Derby

Yet without fail fans welcome the prospect of a few players joining the club and literally bend over for these owners. The only ones who didn't were United fans. Twice. The ironic thing with this is that if we hadn't protested against Sky taking us over we would have walked all over football. Without blowing our own trumpet we deserve a lot of credit for that rather that the shit we get. Glory hunting part timers who would disappear when the success stops? (I don't think so check who had the highest average attendance in England when we got relegated and who had it when we were promoted) etc etc. Then when we protest the second time we fail and get lumbered with £800m worth of debt :mad:

I am hopeful though. This Green and Gold campaign has brought us back to life. I went to my first game at OT since Glazer took over in 2005 on Saturday with my little lad. I swore I would not step foot in OT until they had gone but my son was bugging me about going and the pressure is being cranked up on the Glazers so I decided it was time to go back and at the same time introduce watching United live into my son's life. Best decision I have ever made. He's hooked already wanting to know when we can go back. This alone as given me the energy again to fight for my club so there is a club for my boys to go and watch and hopefully their children.

I'm waffling now but I really think that the Glazers are on borrowed (no pun intended) time if we can keep this up. There is a movement of anger gathering pace at OT. Here's a couple of videos from Saturday. Bear in mind that only limited green and gold stock was available and was sold out by 1pm. Lots more should be evident over the next couple of weeks.

First one's mine
LxjcCZ98iHo

0qhWaggW-W4

Same again tomorrow against city :salute:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Only 2 days to go to the opening game :beer:

Come on Reds :salute:

Jaws
08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Here we go, here we go, here we go!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-16-2010, 07:38 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/ieqcf9.gif

http://i33.tinypic.com/33cve9z.gif

http://i38.tinypic.com/121g10x.gif

http://i33.tinypic.com/2iberl2.gif

:laugh:

Jaws
08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Grr's @ above post :P

What do you think of the CL draw Manchesterbronco?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Very happy with ours. Should go through no problems.

Valencia are nowhere near as good as they were. Bursaspor shouldnt cause any issues.

Excited about Rangers :beer:

Now I'm not a football thug by any means but I hope that Rangers come to Manchester and try to repeat what they did in Manchester in 2008 for the UEFA Cup final because they will be in for a rude awakening if they do. United's firm have been waiting for this draw and I'm looking particularly forward to hearing that they got beat on and off the pitch. Their actions meant that the GMP stopped the parade when United won the European Cup in 2008 and a lot of people are very bitter about that.

BeefStew25
08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey guys.

My team is Liverpool. I met a boy from Scotland that likes them. I am glad Gerrard is staying. Now hopefully he doesnt knock up any girls! LOL!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey guys.

My team is Liverpool. I met a boy from Scotland that likes them. I am glad Gerrard is staying. Now hopefully he doesnt knock up any more girls! LOL!

Amended for you :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-19-2010, 10:41 AM
]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g3p9lXajn7Bl/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0edl1MA70EfcF/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/011HfjZ8wC1jv/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fGt7i9gaBgDE/610x.jpg

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Jaws
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought we were going to do and Everton on you and snatch a draw from the jaws of victory, but I had a feeling in my blood that Berbatov was going to come back to terrorise us and he did. Dimitar Bugger-off!

All credit- three great goals by him - and the 2nd reminiscent of a certain Welsh player now managing Fulham, who used to specialise in that kind of thing.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-20-2010, 02:18 AM
I thought we were going to do and Everton on you and snatch a draw from the jaws of victory, but I had a feeling in my blood that Berbatov was going to come back to terrorise us and he did. Dimitar Bugger-off!

All credit- three great goals by him - and the 2nd reminiscent of a certain Welsh player now managing Fulham, who used to specialise in that kind of thing.

Berbatov has been due this run since he got here. He has had a lot of stick, especially from some United fans sadly, he's starting to get everyone on side. I think that he realised that it was now or never this season and although it's still early days he has been brilliant all season. Fingers crossed he keeps it up.

This is just for people who haven't seen his second goal yet Sharkie, not to rub it in or anything ;)

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/carloutd/berbakick.gif

Jaws
09-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Berbatov used to rock for me in Championship Manager a few years back ManchesterBronc!
I think that was because I learned how to get the best out of him sooner than your manager.
Fergie is a slow learner ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Berbatov used to rock for me in Championship Manager a few years back ManchesterBronc!
I think that was because I learned how to get the best out of him sooner than your manager.
Fergie is a slow learner ;)

Championship Manager :shocked:

I loved Champ Man until the split. Now I'm Football Manager addict. :salute:

Sports Interactive should do a NFL version.

Jaws
09-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Championship Manager :shocked:

I loved Champ Man until the split. Now I'm Football Manager addict. :salute:

Sports Interactive should do a NFL version.

Yup great game. Haven't played either it or Football Manager since the split actually.
Too addictive!

Jaws
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Cobblers!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Cobblers!

Sorry I've been away with the kids seeing the French Mickey Mouse.

Whilst I was away saying bonjour to the French Mickey Mouse, the Mickey Mousers got beat in the Mickey Mouse Cup :D

Oh and city as well :elefant:

Jaws
09-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry I've been away with the kids seeing the French Mickey Mouse.

Whilst I was away saying bonjour to the French Mickey Mouse, the Mickey Mousers got beat in the Mickey Mouse Cup :D

Oh and city as well :elefant:

Went there with my kid back in 1998.
Did the kids enjoy?

(note, I'm avoiding football talk ;) )

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Went there with my kid back in 1998.
Did the kids enjoy?

(note, I'm avoiding football talk ;) )

Loved it. Without ever going there I've always been a bit snobby about Eurodisney. Not the proper Disneyland etc but thought we would go as a warm up to Florida in 2012. It was amazing and the kids faces were a picture meeting the characters and the parades were something else as well. Worth every penny. I'll upload some picture in the picture thread when I can be bothered. I'm shattered. We went by Eurostar because the kids are both obsessed with trains so we thought we would stay the night in London the night before to break up the journey but head straight the way home. Everything fine to we got to Euston. All trains delayed because of a faulty signal. Expecting the worst surprised that we only set off 10 minutes late only to be told by the train manager the real reason of the delay was that someone had died on the line. Then before we reached Watford we stopped again this time because of a suspicious package in a pub just by Watford Train station (probably a Scotsman wallet :D ) so we were then stuck there for over an hour whilst the bomb squad sorted that out. So it took us over 7 hours to get home. Flying next time :lol: Cant wait for Florida now though with them. Plus it will be the kids first live NFL game hopefully the Broncos are in Florida at the time.

Jaws
09-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds pretty eventful, but glad the kids had such a good time :) My kid had a fantastic time there too. He was eight at the time and being a tall kid was just the right height to be able to enjoy all the rides, but yet young enough to enjoy the characters and that side of things too.
Broncos in Florida 2012, now that would be something- you never know, your presence might inspire them to win in that state!

Jaws
10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
The Hicks and Gillett era is FINALLY over!!!!

:elefant:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-14-2011, 10:26 AM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/ethelreddevil/manutdliv-1.jpg

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Broncospsycho77
05-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Just spent a not-too-shabby sum of HK$250 to get my lady a decent-shape Newcastle jersey. Toon Army just got one unit larger :).

Now we can properly display ourselves as the only people in the States to ever care about the other side of that Andy Carroll transfer.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Just spent a not-too-shabby sum of HK$250 to get my lady a decent-shape Newcastle jersey. Toon Army just got one unit larger :).

Now we can properly display ourselves as the only people in the States to ever care about the other side of that Andy Carroll transfer.

The other side? Nobody cares about the Andy Carroll transfer ;)

19 Times scouse 19 times :cool:

BeefStew25
05-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Liverpool fan here. I'll trade Carrol and Suarez for Torres any day.

Broncospsycho77
05-15-2011, 08:12 AM
The other side? Nobody cares about the Andy Carroll transfer ;)

19 Times scouse 19 times :cool:

There's another side, and we'll get to see that lucky fellow when my 'Pies overpay for an unknown striker this offseason.

Oh, the joys of having too much money to spend.

Broncospsycho77
05-15-2011, 08:13 AM
There's another side, and we'll get to see that lucky fellow when my 'Pies overpay for an unknown striker this offseason.

And a moron like Mike Ashley with that check's responsibility.

Facepalm.

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 09:34 AM
25 minutes until we bury Hotspur.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-15-2011, 11:33 AM
25 minutes until we bury Hotspur.

Or maybe not :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-15-2011, 11:34 AM

You can have Michael Owen back if you want.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-15-2011, 11:36 AM
w7kDxXI0MV4

BeefStew25
05-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Or maybe not :D

Horrible game.

BeefStew25
05-18-2011, 12:15 AM
So someone tell me in detail how the whole transfer deal works.

DallasChief
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
So, Beef tell us about your upcoming trip to watch the FA Cup.

BeefStew25
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I am meeting my sister there. Should be pretty bad ass. I will take a ton of pics.

DallasChief
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I am meeting my sister there. Should be pretty bad ass. I will take a ton of pics.

Are you going to wear red among all the Chelsea fans?

BeefStew25
04-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I might have to. Only seats that we could get our hands on. I might try to find a Chelsea fan sitting in the Liverpool section.

The next day we are going to see Fulhum host Sunderland. Will be cool to see an American export kick some ass.

DallasChief
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I love Clint Dempsey.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
I might have to. Only seats that we could get our hands on. I might try to find a Chelsea fan sitting in the Liverpool section.

The next day we are going to see Fulhum host Sunderland. Will be cool to see an American export kick some ass.

Apologies if you are joking but if you are being serious about wearing Liverpool colours in the Chelsea end please don't. First of all you probably won't even get in and if you do you won't last long. I wouldn't recommend a fan of either team going in the other end and being obvious about it. Both sets of fans wouldn't take it well. Best advice keep quiet and discreet.

BeefStew25
04-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I am going to wear a russian hat.

DallasChief
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
beef, please discuss how douchey Chelsea fans are here.

tia

Jaws
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I love Clint Dempsey.

So do I in my fantasy football team.

BeefStew25
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Chelsea fans drink dick. And John Terry is an overrated dbag.

Dreadnought
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Bump for Beefstew25

Buff
08-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Bump for Beefstew25

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Dreadnought
08-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Agreed. I may have to pretend to follow Queens Park Rangers or West Ham United or something

Slick
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know what team Beef is following?

Jaws
08-31-2013, 02:16 AM
The "English" Premier League is now twice as good as it was last year due to the addition of a second Welsh team.
Rooting for Cardiff now in addition to Swansea as well as my old team Liverpool.
Hate Manure,Chavski and Man Shitty.

BigDaddyBronco
08-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Does anyone know what team Beef is following?

Liverpool.

BigDaddyBronco
08-31-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm a Spurs fan. I wish they still had Dempsey and Bale, but I still like them. Hate Chelsea.

Jaws
08-31-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm a Spurs fan. I wish they still had Dempsey and Bale, but I still like them. Hate Chelsea.
OUr prize Welshman is about to become the most expensive transfer in the world!
He's a fantastic player.
I think Spurs have bought well though. Soldado and Paulinho look promising.

BigDaddyBronco
08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
OUr prize Welshman is about to become the most expensive transfer in the world!
He's a fantastic player.
I think Spurs have bought well though. Soldado and Paulinho look promising.
Yea, when you can get 5 good players for one great player, you kind of have to make the move. I'm still pissed about Chelsea stealing Willian. Total BS move.

Slick
08-31-2013, 02:24 PM
I started following Arsenal several years ago but the team has had a lot of turnover since I first started watching. Of all the leagues in Europe I think the quality of futbol is the best in the EPL.

Jaws
09-03-2013, 01:44 AM
I must say I enjoyed the 1-0 win on Sunday very much :D
Ha ha Moyes, 13 times without a win at Anfield.

tripp
10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
West Ham UTD fan here. I really really hope WHUFC sheds the reputation of selling all their good players (Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Glen Johnson, Jermaine Defoe, Joe Coles, Michael Carrick, etc etc) because Ravel Morrison is showing flashes of brilliance for club and country.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
West Ham UTD fan here. I really really hope WHUFC sheds the reputation of selling all their good players (Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Glen Johnson, Jermaine Defoe, Joe Coles, Michael Carrick, etc etc) because Ravel Morrison is showing flashes of brilliance for club and country.

I love West Ham, it's just sad to see them lose all their players. Maybe that will change after they move to the Olypic Stadium and have a little more revenue. They did pony some money up for Andy Carroll this year, of course he hasn't played yet.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:14 PM

We gave you Andy Carroll, what more could you want?

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:23 PM

Are you a Liverpool fan?

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Are you a Liverpool fan?

Of course.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Of course.

They look pretty good this year. Sturridge was a good pick up.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
They look pretty good this year. Sturridge was a good pick up.

It was. I was worried Sturridge and the cannibal wouldn't play well together.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM
What do you think of NBCs coverage this season, BDB? Has it been fantastic, or what?

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
What do you think of NBCs coverage this season, BDB? Has it been fantastic, or what?

Love it. Watch the early games on Saturday and Sunday and then get going with the day. I'm an early riser, so the game at 6 am is perfect for me.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:33 PM

They are rolling right now, well other than last weekend. They were kind of listless against Newcastle.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Love it. Watch the early games on Saturday and Sunday and then get going with the day. I'm an early riser, so the game at 6 am is perfect for me.

Me too, brother. I was up at 6:45 watching the LFC match on Saturday.

And Sundays are great watching a couple of matches before football instead of boring pre-game shows.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:35 PM
They are rolling right now, well other than last weekend. They were kind of listless against Newcastle.

Yeah. They've got a few injuries right now. Should be really tough if/when everyone can get healthy. Couthino with Sturridge and Suarez should be awesome.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Me too, brother. I was up at 6:45 watching the LFC match on Saturday.

And Sundays are great watching a couple of matches before football instead of boring pre-game shows.

I have the app for my tablet and will watch the Spurs when they are showing a different game. Best thing ever. I have only been into soccer for a few years (other than the US national team), but the new coverage has been awesome.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah. They've got a few injuries right now. Should be really tough if/when everyone can get healthy. Couthino with Sturridge and Suarez should be awesome.

Suarez is a beast, but he looks like he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:37 PM
I have the app for my tablet and will watch the Spurs when they are showing a different game. Best thing ever. I have only been into soccer for a few years (other than the US national team), but the new coverage has been awesome.
Who is your favorite team?

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Suarez is a beast, but he looks like he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

He probably aspires to be as smart as a box rocks.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Who is your favorite team?

Tottenham.

DallasChief
10-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Tottenham.

Oh.

I was torn about the Spurs when Dempsey was there. I love Dempsey and I work for Tottenham's primary sponsor but had already become an LFC fan. Now that Dempsey is gone I can go back to not caring about them.

Jaws
10-23-2013, 05:17 PM

The SAS are turning out to be the Premiership's best partnership.

tripp
10-25-2013, 03:23 PM

And Stewart Downing!

Lol Andy Carroll has been in Belgium rehabing his heel with some sort of Ballet rehab specialist... lot of good he's done the Hammers haha!

tripp
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
I love West Ham, it's just sad to see them lose all their players. Maybe that will change after they move to the Olypic Stadium and have a little more revenue. They did pony some money up for Andy Carroll this year, of course he hasn't played yet.

I go to England every year because of family and when I take a train into the London I go right by Olympic stadium, I'm thrilled about the move.. I just hope they can sell out. It's been an up hill battle to be primary suitors for the Stadium, Tottenham and Charlton Athletic all wanted to move in. I just hope they avoid relegation every year *crosses fingers*

Slick
10-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Go Gunners!

Crystal Palace, then Chelsea, then Liverpool on Nov 2.

CoachChaz
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM
My Red Devils need to get their asses in gear. Talk about a slow start

Slick
10-25-2013, 03:38 PM
They'll go on a tear Coach. They always do.

Jaws
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Go Gunners!

Crystal Palace, then Chelsea, then Liverpool on Nov 2.

Why did I buy tickets to go see Mousetrap in the Theatre on Nov 2 and miss out on the opportunity to see no 2 in the League overtake no 1! ;)

YNWA.

Jaws
10-31-2013, 03:35 PM
My Red Devils need to get their asses in gear. Talk about a slow start

Not sure if David Moyes has what it takes.
It's a totally different ballgame with Man U.
He's so used to scrimping and saving and playing not too lose.
He needs to get a little more attacking and go for it in his tactics.
Mind you, I'm quite happy with the way it's going for the Red Devils at the moment, but it's making my Dad very grumpy. Quite funny really. He's been spoilt for the past 20 years!

aberdien
10-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Moyes needs to get Chicharito and Kagawa more playing time. And Fellaini has been terrible. Also Moyes coaches too defensively. A couple games ago United were in the lead so Moyes subbed Rooney off for a defender and they ended up giving up the tying goal. He makes John Fox look like Sean Payton.

I'm a Tottenham fan though. Been pleased thus far.

Jaws
11-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Brooklyn Beckham having a trial with Man U!

CoachChaz
11-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Moyes needs to get Chicharito and Kagawa more playing time. And Fellaini has been terrible. Also Moyes coaches too defensively. A couple games ago United were in the lead so Moyes subbed Rooney off for a defender and they ended up giving up the tying goal. He makes John Fox look like Sean Payton.

I'm a Tottenham fan though. Been pleased thus far.

Getting Hernandez on the field has been an issue for a few years. Not sure it's the coach that is the problem in that area.

I think Moyes tries to play too much through the middle. Outside midfielders seem to get lost at times in his system. He definitely needs to open it up, get them in the game and let RVP and Rooney do their thing up front. Way too conservative so far.

Slick
11-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Big game at Emirates tomorrow Liverpol fans.

Go Gunners!!!

Hopefully Arsenal can bounce back after that 2-0 loss to Chelsea.

Slick
11-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Getting Hernandez on the field has been an issue for a few years. Not sure it's the coach that is the problem in that area.

I think Moyes tries to play too much through the middle. Outside midfielders seem to get lost at times in his system. He definitely needs to open it up, get them in the game and let RVP and Rooney do their thing up front. Way too conservative so far.

I thought Chicharito was hurt because he hasn't been playing for the Mexican national team for quite a while, evennwith them fighting for their lives to qualify for Brazil.

Jaws
11-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Arsenal were excellent yesterday. Could have beaten any team in the world. Welshman Aaron Ramsey on fire, probably the best player in the League at the moment. My reds were better after changing to a 4-4-2.

Looking forward to the 1st Welsh derby ever in the Premiership. Should be a close game in the capital but I give the edge to the away team Swansea.
I hope the fans behave!

Slick
11-03-2013, 07:15 AM
I missed the game Sharkie but I saw highlights of the two goals.

Top of the table!

aberdien
11-03-2013, 12:20 PM
http://images.4chan.org/sp/src/1383491402008.gif

AVB said that Lloris told him he didn't remember these events, yet they allowed him back in the game anyway. Irresponsible managing.

Slick
11-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Ouch. Knee right in the coconut.

DallasChief
04-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Has anyone taken a look at the top of the table lately? :cool:

MOtorboat
04-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I am now home in the mornings, DC. Educate me.

Rex
04-09-2014, 10:27 AM

It would have to be a short fukking table for you to see the top of.

MOtorboat
04-09-2014, 10:32 AM
It would have to be a short fukking table for you to see the top of.

Derp.

DallasChief
04-09-2014, 10:39 AM

On soccer?

The object is to kick the ball into the goal.

The best way to enjoy soccer is to pick a team to root for. Beef and I just got back from Liverpool. We have the authority now to make you an LFC fan if you choose.

BigDaddyBronco
04-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Has anyone taken a look at the top of the table lately? :cool:

They are on fire. Man City can catch them however. I really think Liverpool and Man City are the two best in the EPL right now. Oh, and **** Chelsea, lucky mother******s.

Arsenal is looking vulnerable, I bet either the Spurs or Everton catch them for 4th.

BigDaddyBronco
04-09-2014, 10:40 AM
On soccer?

The object is to kick the ball into the goal.

The best way to enjoy soccer is to pick a team to root for. Beef and I just got back from Liverpool. We have the authority now to make you an LFC fan if you choose.

How cool was that? Which match?