PDA

View Full Version : Source: Brady Quinn gets some first-team snaps in practice

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2012, 3:13 PM EST

Earlier this week, Rodney Harrison questioned my sanity and/or sobriety when I suggested, both in our weekly One-on-One segment and on NBC SportsTalk, that the Broncos should get quarterback Brady Quinn ready to play, in the event that starter Tim Tebow continues to play like he has played in the last three games he has played.

Apparently, Rodney also needs to question the sanity and/or sobriety of Broncos coach John Fox and/or Broncos V.P. of football operations John Elway. Per a league source, Quinn has been getting roughly half the first-team reps in practice this week.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/source-brady-quinn-gets-some-first-team-snaps-in-practice/

claymore
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Glad there is a backup plan.

slim
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Glad there is a backup plan.

Sounds like no plan at all, to me.

broncobryce
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I predict he sees 0 snaps vs pittsburg.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

igoe4broncos
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Half the reps? That's quite a bit and taking away a lot of practice from a guy that needs it.

slim
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
This is asinine.

Pick a starting QB and get them ready to play. Splitting the reps before the biggest game of the year is just stupid.

WTE
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Orders from upstairs.

sneakers
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/30/128751554227284652.jpg

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
who knows if it is actually true or not.

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Apparently Fox thinks a lot like me. lmao

HammeredOut
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I am not surprised. We knew a change was in the mix. Tebow in the first half is aweful and something needed to be done. Although, if the Broncos are planning on running the ball as much as I think they are, then the coaches must have asked themselves do they want Tebow throwing on 3rd down, because it can't get any worse with Quinn throwing it on 3rd down. Along with Quinn having experience with the Browns playing against the Steelers early in his career, he does know the team, and style of Steelers play. Who knows, is this our ace in the hole for this game?? If we sqweeze out 21 points out of Quinn, are they planning on running the ball to close out the game with Tebow>?? This game is going to get turned back on for a lot of TVs across the country to find out.

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Tebow helped get us here.

We need to sink or swim with him till the end.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Seems like the right move to me. This is the BIGGEST game of the season, and winning it is PURELY a one shot deal. If Tebow isn't able to find teh open receivers like he's missed the last few games, then he very well could be pulled at halftime to give this team at least a chance.

I'm no Quinn guy, but he's better at reading defenses and finding the guy to throw too. Plus, why would we want to go into the playoffs without our backup being up to speed?

Nothing wrong with this, and certainly nothing to read too much into.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
who knows if it is actually true or not.

That's what I am thinking - nothing about this has been reported by any press, or sports talk people in Denver. Also, they are only allowed to attend the first 10 mins of practice during the season. Since it is not being reported locally, it must not be happening during the first 10 mins. And, if it is true, then someone within the Broncos, had to report this to the league source, who then reported it to Florio.

HammeredOut
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Half the reps? That's quite a bit and taking away a lot of practice from a guy that needs it.

I wonder if we all chipped in 20, and got Tebow layed, would that change a man enough to play his old inspired ways of Football again?? Im willing to find out, who wants to chip in??

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:46 PM

Team game, if one guy starts sucking plug in another one.

artie_dale
01-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks like people don't "believe" anymore.

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
That's what I am thinking - nothing about this has been reported by any press, or sports talk people in Denver. Also, they are only allowed to attend the first 10 mins of practice during the season. Since it is not being reported locally, it must not be happening during the first 10 mins. And, if it is true, then someone within the Broncos, had to report this to the league source, who then reported it to Florio.

Brandon Lloyd. :D

DenBronx
Team game, if one guy starts sucking plug in another one.

Not in the playoffs though. I think it's too late to make such an adjustment.

But Charlie Sheen says Quinning!!!

getlynched47

Tim Tebow won 7 games thanks to good defense, him not turning the ball over, his big scrambles, and being clutch in the 4th quarter.

Consequently, he lost 4 games this year thanks to doing the opposite of what he did in our wins (turning the ball over, big runs being prevented, no 4th quarter magic).

Tebow really isn't a quarterback that can overcome turnovers to win a game at this stage in his career.

Honestly, I think Tim Tebow is the only quarterback in the NFL where it's acceptable to fans for him to pass for under 50% completion and be dead-last in converting 3rd downs.

BroncoWave
Seems like the right move to me. This is the BIGGEST game of the season, and winning it is PURELY a one shot deal. If Tebow isn't able to find teh open receivers like he's missed the last few games, then he very well could be pulled at halftime to give this team at least a chance.

I'm no Quinn guy, but he's better at reading defenses and finding the guy to throw too. Plus, why would we want to go into the playoffs without our backup being up to speed?

When you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks. Taking away half of your starting QBs refs before the biggest game of the season could not be more asinine. Nothing surprises me from this staff anymore though.

PatriotsGuy
IS this just Fox getting Tomlin to prepare for either/both?

Ravage!!!

all good points...

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Not in the playoffs though. I think it's too late to make such an adjustment.

But Charlie Sheen says Quinning!!!

"Coach, just give me a chance!"

Signed,

Frank Reich and his sidekick Ace Ventura

BigDaddyBronco
I'm sure BQ is shaving all his body hair off in anticipation.

rcsodak
Rubber meets the road time.

They musta listened to the Godfather as well.

RebelRocker
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM

No offense DenBronx, but that's absolutely ******* retarded for you to think that way. WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! If we want to make some noise in the postseason, we need to bring our A game. If that means adding Brady Quinn to the mix, than so be it.

You do realize that it's been SIX YEARS since we've been to the playoffs?!?! You need to take advantage of our opportunities while we have them. I, along with many Broncos fans, will be calling for Tebow's head if he has another bad game and helps knock us out of the playoffs.

slim

If the coaches don't trust him, they should be bench him and give Quinn all of the reps. Going at it half-assed is always the wrong way to go. Make a decision and go with it.

Ravage!!!
When you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks. Taking away half of your starting QBs refs before the biggest game of the season could not be more asinine. Nothing surprises me from this staff anymore though.

What the hell does "ify ou have two quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks" mean???

Really? So you think Tebow is going to learn how to throw in this week of practice??? :confused:

Sorry, makes more sense to get a guy that hasn't had many reps ready and up to speed. If Tebow is unable to find the guys that are open, and unable to deliver the ball when they are, then its time to plug the next guy in and see if HE can. Period. It happens around the NFL, even when its NOT Tebow.

I think its funny that you are defending the reports that people are looking at McDaniels by suggesting people in the NFL know what they are talking about, and then turn around and feel YOU Know more about how practices and preparations should be made for playoff games :lol:

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Who knows, maybe Tebow gets back to not turning the ball over and actually helps win this game. I don't see how playing Quinn would benifit us at all.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
If the coaches don't trust him, they should be bench him and give Quinn all of the reps. Going at it half-assed is always the wrong way to go. Make a decision and go with it.

Giving reps isn't going half assed at all, its being prepared for anything and everything. We don't have "next week" if Tebow sucks it up, or gets injured in the game. This is it. Getting ready with EVERYONE on board, makes sense.

Tebow isn't going to learn how to pass the ball in this week.

Northman

Or the flipside is maybe they are lighting a fire under Tim to get his shit together to show he shouldnt take his spot for granted.

DenBronx
No offense DenBronx, but that's absolutely ******* retarded for you to think that way. WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! If we want to make some noise in the postseason, we need to bring our A game. If that means adding Brady Quinn to the mix, than so be it.

You do realize that it's been SIX YEARS since we've been to the playoffs?!?! You need to take advantage of our opportunities while we have them. I, along with many Broncos fans, will be calling for Tebow's head if he has another bad game and helps knock us out of the playoffs.

No it's not.

Who helped get a 1-4 team to the PLAYOFFS dillweeb???

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
having back up prepared is one thing but giving up 1/2 reps is redokulous to do prior to a playoff game. If it is true Fox is an idiot, period. You dont mix things up unless you must with no other options and doing a QB change prior to a game is moronic. Because you have to adjust entire offense again for a passer then dual threat (or ground threat, however you look at it).

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
One thing that would be pretty funny though is what happens if Quinn comes in and plays well and helps win the game? What will Tebow fans do?

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM

go ahead nobody will listen to you though. EFX are not dumb. Tebow helped get team here and they will stick with him. If Tebow has another bad game you have to look at the entire picture not just at him. He could be playing bad but so can the OL, WR, and RBs. Which would mean it will be bad. If you got to playoffs because of a change in scheme, QB or whatever you dont change in before a big game and get team mixed up.

Hope you lose you voice screaming Tebows head because he will still start next year, and if he blows it, there are some quality QBs in the draft like Barkley and Jone.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
One thing that would be pretty funny though is what happens if Quinn comes in and plays well and helps win the game? What will Tebow fans do?

Shoot Fox/elway in parking lot.

Northman
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Shoot Fox/elway in parking lot.

Why? Isnt the goal to win the game no matter who is QB?

slim
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Or the flipside is maybe they are lighting a fire under Tim to get his shit together to show he shouldnt take his spot for granted.

Lighting a fire under his butt by giving half of his reps to the back up? I could see that if it was in the middle of the season...but not before the biggest game of the year.

The coaches need to pick their starter and then do their best to get him ready to play.

At any rate (and as Carol pointed out), this story may not even be true. In fact, I will be surprised if Quinn plays.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Lighting a fire under his butt by giving half of his reps to the back up? I could see that if it was in the middle of the season...but not before the biggest game of the year.

The coaches need to pick their starter and then do their best to get him ready to play.

At any rate (and as Carol pointed out), this story may not even be true. In fact, I will be surprised if Quinn plays.

Well, he didnt need to have his fire lit in the middle of the season Slim. For most of the second half of the season Tebow was able to help generate wins. But the last 3 games he has declined and regressed and frankly i could see why that worries the coaches. I dont think there is a book that says you have to only prepare another QB in the middle of the season. Like you, i dont think Quinn plays but i dont fault the FO from at least considering the likelihood that Tebow may struggle. Quinn is also familiar with Pitt more than Tim at this point so maybe that plays a part in it i dont know.

slim
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Giving reps isn't going half assed at all, its being prepared for anything and everything. We don't have "next week" if Tebow sucks it up, or gets injured in the game. This is it. Getting ready with EVERYONE on board, makes sense.

Tebow isn't going to learn how to pass the ball in this week.

So I guess all of the back ups should be getting half the reps in practice.

I hope Jason Hunter is getting half of Dooms reps!

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM

That would be kinda funny. If Quinn came in and lit it up for like 50 points. Tebowmania would go suicidal.

But history has shown Quinn has only thrown 10 TDs in 353 passing attempts.

Tebow right at 353 passing attempts has 17 TDs....not to mention his rushing TDs.

From what I have seen in Cleveland and in preseason Quinn would do much worse than Tebow.

And at what point would you even consider putting Quinn in??? When we are getting blown out by like 45??? Or more like being down by 14? If the game is close you don't even think about it. Tebow has been very clutch at times this year and has shown he can come back from down by alot.

I would like to see Tebow have a monster game and wish all the best Sunday.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
So I guess all of the back ups should be getting half the reps in practice.

I hope Jason Hunter is getting half of Dooms reps!

Im sure if Doom wasnt getting it done on his end Hunter would be getting half the reps. But then again we are talking apples and oranges here when comparing DE's to QB's.

Mike
01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Serious reservations with the coaching staff if this is true.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:08 PM
That would be kinda funny. If Quinn came in and lit it up for like 50 points. Tebowmania would go suicidal.

But history has shown Quinn has only thrown 10 TDs in 353 passing attempts.

Tebow right at 353 passing attempts has 17 TDs....not to mention his rushing TDs.

From what I have seen in Cleveland and in preseason Quinn would do much worse than Tebow.

And at what point would you even consider putting Quinn in??? When we are getting blown out by like 45??? Or more like being down by 14? If the game is close you don't even think about it. Tebow has been very clutch at times this year and has shown he can come back from down by alot.

I would like to see Tebow have a monster game and wish all the best Sunday.

Steve Young sucked early in his career too so that isnt saying much. Point being for me, i just want to win and if by some chance that means Tebow sits than make it so. All i want to do is win.

artie_dale
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't see that big a problem with it considering how bad Tebow has been. The way I see it, Tebow is still going to get his shot to keep the job, but if it doesn't go well, at least Quinn will have a few first team practice snaps. Tebow's been the starter long enough now and has had more than enough practice to have shown improvement by now. The teams not going to miss out on much if he shares half the snaps with the guy who will replace him if he doesn't come out hitting on all cylindars. If Tebow was good enough, he/the team/we wouldn't be in this situation. Why are the decision makers to blame if all they are doing is having a backup plan? Isn't that their job?

slim
Well, he didnt need to have his fire lit in the middle of the season Slim. For most of the second half of the season Tebow was able to help generate wins. But the last 3 games he has declined and regressed and frankly i could see why that worries the coaches. I dont think there is a book that says you have to only prepare another QB in the middle of the season. Like you, i dont think Quinn plays but i dont fault the FO from at least considering the likelihood that Tebow may struggle. Quinn is also familiar with Pitt more than Tim at this point so maybe that plays a part in it i dont know.

He hasn't played well the last two weeks (I think he actually played pretty well agains NE).

But two weeks doesn't make a trend. He had a couple of bad games (not shocking considering how much he still has to learn), but I don't think he is as bad as he showed last week. He will bounce back this week and play reasonably well.

GEM
All I would say is wait and see. The article is from Florio. The local Denver guy said something much different. He said that Brady stayed after practice and was throwing the ball to Decker. A big difference than half the reps.

BroncoStud
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Tebow seems to play better when his job is in jeopardy.

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Tebow seems to play better when his job is in jeopardy.

He always plays better when his back is against the wall. I don't think we're going to see the same Tebow we have seen the last 5 quarters.

igoe4broncos
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
It's not like Quinn is going to take us to the Super Bowl. So what, we might beat the Steelers and then we get raped by the Pats or Ravens next week either way. Quinn won't be on the team next year and isn't the answer.

There is no upside to playing Quinn.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
FYI, the "extra first team reps" for Quinn are for the starting WRs to get them as many reps as possible. Apparently, they need practice, too.

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/01/06/quinn-nothing-different-about-this-weeks-preparation/

DenBronx
It's not like Quinn is going to take us to the Super Bowl. So what, we might beat the Steelers and then we get raped by the Pats or Ravens next week either way. Quinn won't be on the team next year and isn't the answer.

Unless he could play WR and catch the ball.

CoachChaz
All I would say is wait and see. The article is from Florio. The local Denver guy said something much different. He said that Brady stayed after practice and was throwing the ball to Decker. A big difference than half the reps.

Was Decker catching the ball? If so...I'm suddenly interested in this option

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM

All very true, except if we beat the Steelers than i will take it. Why would i want to lose to the Steelers behind Tebow just because of what "might" happen in NE or Bmore? I would much rather have a shot than no shot at all.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Could make the same sentences about Tebow.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Was Decker catching the ball? If so...I'm suddenly interested in this option

Come on.. Decker has been reliable all year long.

slim
Could make the same sentences about Tebow.

Yeah, expect Elway has already said that Tebow WILL be here next year. :welcome:

DenBronx
FYI, the "extra first team reps" for Quinn are for the starting WRs to get them as many reps as possible. Apparently, they need practice, too.

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/01/06/quinn-nothing-different-about-this-weeks-preparation/

Looks like this move it to only get the WRs more reps and make sure they are ready.

My opinion is the WRs have been a huge reason why the QB is struggling. They DONT GET OPEN!!! When they do THEY DONT CATCH IT!!!

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Until what? About 3 or 4 weeks ago? Doesnt seem reliable to me Ravage.

Decker needs to have a huge game, even more than Thomas.

Buff
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Guy disappeared in the final 1/4th of the season. Not saying it's entirely his fault, but he hasn't been a factor in the last 3 games at all.

slim
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Looks like this move it to only get the WRs more reps and make sure they are ready.

My opinion is the WRs have been a huge reason why the QB is struggling. They DONT GET OPEN!!! When they do THEY DONT CATCH IT!!!

So this article says that Quinn is not getting extra reps in practice. I would bet the article in the opening post was incorrect (it just doesn't make any sense).

Northman

Of course, it has nothing to do with the Qb who is a below average passer. :lol:

soonermeteor
I was pretty annoyed when I first saw this. Like some have mentioned, I didn't like the idea of switching in the middle of the game. Either bench Tebow or leave him in. However, after thinking about it some more, I can see where they may be going with it. If we go into the 4th quarter down something like 7-3 as we did last week and Tebow is 1-25 with two picks, I couldn't fault them for switching. They let him finish last week as everyone hoped to see "Tebow Time" and it didn't happen. What other choice would they have? Besides, taking a few snaps away from Tebow this week after months of starting isn't going to make or break his game.

Granted, this is probably still all fluff to get headlines anyway. :elefant:

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Guy disappeared in the final 1/4th of the season. Not saying it's entirely his fault, but he hasn't been a factor in the last 3 games at all.

Well.. you mean the same three games that our luck on offense disappeared with Tim's inability to throw?

I'm not saying Decker is a super star, but the guy is pretty reliable when the ball is near him, and was nearly our only offensive WR threat for almost the entire season.

So not sure which player disappeared the last three games.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
cecillammey Cecil Lammey
@
@ChristyL17 as @MaxBroncos says 'source' is just wrong
8 minutes ago
MaxBroncos

by cecillammey
I'll say it. The "league source" is wrong. RT @BroncoTalk: #Broncos are smarter than that, one would hope. But report is out there.
11 minutes ago
Cecil Lammey

My sources say no 1st team reps for Brady Quinn #Broncos @ProFootballTalk
13 minutes ago
MaxBroncos

by cecillammey
Take w/ grain of salt. "League source" usually means "someone not in Denver" RT @Skotty_Payne: quinn getting 50% of 1st team reps false?
19 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/cecillammey

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM

Well, according to Ron Jaworski, they are getting plenty open. He's stating that the receivers were not only open, but Tebow should have completed more like 16 of 22 instead of 6.

slim
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
cecillammey Cecil Lammey
@
@ChristyL17 as @MaxBroncos says 'source' is just wrong
8 minutes ago
MaxBroncos

by cecillammey
I'll say it. The "league source" is wrong. RT @BroncoTalk: #Broncos are smarter than that, one would hope. But report is out there.
11 minutes ago
Cecil Lammey

My sources say no 1st team reps for Brady Quinn #Broncos @ProFootballTalk
13 minutes ago
MaxBroncos

by cecillammey
Take w/ grain of salt. "League source" usually means "someone not in Denver" RT @Skotty_Payne: quinn getting 50% of 1st team reps false?
19 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/cecillammey

Yeah, it just wouldn't make sense to split reps at this point of the season. I would have had serious doubts about the coaching staff if that were true.

red98
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it just wouldn't make sense to split reps at this point of the season. I would have had serious doubts about the coaching staff if that were true.

Exactly. ESPN just reported from Denver that BQ got exactly 8 more reps this week, the whole week, than usual.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Well, according to Ron Jaworski, they are getting plenty open. He's stating that the receivers were not only open, but Tebow should have completed more like 16 of 22 instead of 6.

Yea, its pretty pathetic really. While we were winning you didnt hear much bitching and moaning about the receivers. But, low and behold we start losing and its everyone else and not the QB. :tsk:

red98
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
By the way, can anyone recall a coach benching a QB during a playoff game?

I can't think of even one instance of this happening.

CoachChaz
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM

I hope this was sarcasm. Half of his receptions and TD's came in the first 5 games. Who was the QB then?

slim
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Yea, its pretty pathetic really. While we were winning you didnt hear much bitching and moaning about the receivers. But, low and behold we start losing and its everyone else and not the QB. :tsk:

That isn't true. There were plenty of people talking about the number of dropped passes, poor play calling, etc. during the winning streak.

There are plenty of problems with the offense (Tim's play is one of those problems, not the only problem).

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I hope this was sarcasm. Half of his receptions and TD's came in the first 5 games. Who was the QB then?

Well, that doesnt really mean he wasnt reliable. Only that the QB then was able to actually get him the ball.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
That isn't true. There were plenty of people talking about the number of dropped passes, poor play calling, etc. during the winning streak.

There are plenty of problems with the offense (Tim's play is one of those problems, not the only problem).

But his play is the biggest problem, yet people want to pass it off. When i constantly see passes in the dirt, 10 feet over the head, etc thats not a WR problem.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM

I admit I haven't looked up the stats. But I remember Decker catching TDs for Tebow and being nearly his only target for many games...especially before DT finally got into the lineup.

But of course nearly half his receptions were in the first half of the season.... who took over as the PASSER after that? Not to mention, the number of passes attempted per game were dropped by 75% = less balls thrown to and less balls caught.

slim
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
But his play is the biggest problem, yet people want to pass it off. When i constantly see passes in the dirt, 10 feet over the head, etc thats not a WR problem.

It's part of the problem.

Dropped passes and poor playing call are just as big a problem as Tim's inaccuracy, IMO.

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM

Well that's why John Elway said Tebow needs to pull the trigger.

When they are open he doesnt pull the trigger at times.

weazel
01-06-2012, 04:51 PM

or maybe he's just beyond help...

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Dropped passes and poor playing call are just as big a problem as Tim's inaccuracy, IMO.

Having played QB i know that the play of said QB directly effects what happens with his receiving core. Yes, the WR have dropped some passes. But it isnt like this high number like everyone paints. The only reason it stands out is because of the fewer pass attempts. But because Tim is inaccurate on 85% of his throws it effects what the WR's can do. People want to believe that if we had Larry Fitz on this team that it would all of a sudden change and that not true at all. If your QB cant hit the broadside of a barn than what can ANY WR do? Even the best receivers in the game dont catch every single pass.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Well that's why John Elway said Tebow needs to pull the trigger.

When they are open he doesnt pull the trigger at times.

Agreed. Which is why I was stating that WRs "not getting open" was not the problem.

OrangeHoof
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Quinn should practice because James Harrison and the Steelers are dirty players and helmet-to-helmet hitters. Given Tebow's style of offense, you can bet they'll be flying to hit Tebow's helmet. Tebow has already had one concussion in his career so this is a smart move. Same thing with the Ravens if we get that far.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM

you said tebow fans. that is what they would do if Tebow was benched for quinn in this game.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Unless it was a matter of "next man up", in case of injury.

slim
01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Having played QB i know that the play of said QB directly effects what happens with his receiving core. Yes, the WR have dropped some passes. But it isnt like this high number like everyone paints. The only reason it stands out is because of the fewer pass attempts.

Right, a fewer number of pass attempts with a fair number of drops. If you look at the percentage and compare it to the rest of the league, I have a feeling it would be pretty ugly (I don't have access to those numbers, so I don't know for sure).

But because Tim is inaccurate on 85% of his throws it effects what the WR's can do.

This isn't remotely true.

People want to believe that if we had Larry Fitz on this team that it would all of a sudden change and that not true at all. If your QB cant hit the broadside of a barn than what can ANY WR do? Even the best receivers in the game dont catch every single pass.

They can catch the passes that hit them in the hands.

Look, it's not just dropped passes. It's dropped passes, running the wrong/poor routes, the inability to consistently get open, the play calling, inconsistency from the QB position, John Fox's refusal to take three points when it's given to him....add all of it together and you get a largely inept offense.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Having played QB i know that the play of said QB directly effects what happens with his receiving core. Yes, the WR have dropped some passes. But it isnt like this high number like everyone paints. The only reason it stands out is because of the fewer pass attempts. But because Tim is inaccurate on 85% of his throws it effects what the WR's can do. People want to believe that if we had Larry Fitz on this team that it would all of a sudden change and that not true at all. If your QB cant hit the broadside of a barn than what can ANY WR do? Even the best receivers in the game dont catch every single pass.

now you are going a bit overboard there buddy. Stick to "in the ball park"
numbers. 85% inaccurate, bullshit.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
dmac will be talking about this after the commercial break:

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

slim
01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
dmac will be talking about this after the commercial break:

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

He is just going to regurgitate the story from the opening post. I will be surprised if he has any real insight on it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
RT @JeffDarlington: Quinn told me via text he normally gets "maybe a couple reps a day" with 1st-team. 1 or 2 on Fridays. Today, he got 2.
55 minutes ago

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Since y'all are asking, re: PFT report: Nothing different all week in what we saw during part of practice open to media.

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
He is just going to regurgitate the story from the opening post. I will be surprised if he has any real insight on it.

No - he is laughing, because the story has been updated, and Dmac just said that people he talked with says there is nothing to it. Dmac just said that one of the people he talks with said the story is greatly exagerated.

Northman
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
This isn't remotely true.

now you are going a bit overboard there buddy. Stick to "in the ball park"
numbers. 85% inaccurate, bullshit.

It was tongue in cheek but he isnt very accurate and its a huge problem for this team.

dogfish
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
i like how slim's just running this thread like a boss. . . .

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe it would have been useful to let the story grow some legs. . ..coulda made the Steelers spin their wheels a little bit looking at Quinn. :D

broncobryce
01-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for. This team is in the playoffs after being 1-4. A big reason is the qb. How quickly we forget....

broncobryce
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
For what its worth, john madden was on mad dog radio and said he doesn't believe the report. And quinn denied it

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh, Florio, you sneaky *******, you.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19690080

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Wait, WHAT? Please tell me this is sarcastic. I can't seem to find drop stats anywhere but he has to be toward the top of the league.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
It was tongue in cheek but he isnt very accurate and its a huge problem for this team.

Yeah, because 65% inaccurate is MUCh better :eek:

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah, because 65% inaccurate is MUCh better :eek:

Your math is off also....100%-45%= 55%

But if you see his splits on throws he throws 20% less short passes (less then 10 yards) then average NFl QB which are high percentage completions. He throws more deep balls that are lower percentage completions.

Which his accuracy is a problem, part of it is because he throws less high percentage completion passes.

If he was completing near 55% of his current passes I would be happy. He he threw as many slants, screens, and outs and all those shorter passes and was under 605 i would not be happy.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Im sure if Doom wasnt getting it done on his end Hunter would be getting half the reps. But then again we are talking apples and oranges here when comparing DE's to QB's.

doom does have just 1 sack his last 4 games???? just saying ;):laugh:

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM

i knew you havent watched the last 5 games:tsk:

:laugh:

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM

ssshhhhh facts arent allowed here...poor WR, OL play and situational playcalling???? nope thems myths its all tebow period...it just is cause they say so......dont ya know that by now :laugh:

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Well.. you mean the same three games that our luck on offense disappeared with Tim's inability to throw?

I'm not saying Decker is a super star, but the guy is pretty reliable when the ball is near him, and was nearly our only offensive WR threat for almost the entire season.

So not sure which player disappeared the last three games.

rav he hasnt even been the best WR since tebow started its DT....reliable my ass he has very bad drops and even mccoy mentioned poor route running, and fox straight dimed him out for wrong route running.....he has dissapeared rav the whole offense has its not just tebow why The f'in hell cant people see that seriously.....i get it your not sold on tebow he sucks as a passer blah blah blah, but decker has been a pretty shitty WR as well recently in all facets just like royal, willis and even DT at times and its not just the qb its them they make mistakes to....

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM

lol thats hilarious....hey ron.....ron...ron....mike mccoy you know that OC for the broncos that actually watches the game film with the players after the game...he said wrong routes, poor execution, breakdown in protection, and tim being tentative were the reasons.....maybe your wrong ron....just saying....

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
i knew you havent watched the last 5 games:tsk:

I have.... but have seen who's throwing the ball.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
I have.... but have seen who's throwing the ball.

i missed it they said god was but i didnt see any bright lights

Joel
01-06-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19690080
NFL.com has a story saying the same:

Via text message, Quinn said he hasn't "gotten any extra reps" in practice. Quinn reiterated his stance during a follow-up conversation after the report from ProFootballTalk.com first surfaced Friday afternoon.

Quinn said he gets “maybe a couple of reps a day” with the first-team offense, adding that usually he gets one or two repetitions -- “if any” -- on Fridays. He said he got two repetitions with the unit Friday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825c3781/article/broncos-qb-quinn-says-his-practice-regiment-hasnt-changed?module=HP11_headline_stack
If this represents Fox and Co. preparing to dump Tebow, they've been making those preparations since the start of October. Which would explain a lot.

BORDERLINE
01-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Can it be Sunday already.

Most of you guys expect the Broncos to lose. SO I love that energy SMH. It won't be easy but I believe Teebs will improve and we will run all over the Steel D!!!!!

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Quinns denied that the report was true since it originally came out this morning.

But why would the Broncos tip their hand even if it was true?

Either way, it's still good to have your backup ready because on any Sunday anyone can get hurt. Just ask Kuper. Backups are critical in the NFL.

dogfish
01-06-2012, 09:21 PM
But why would the Broncos tip their hand even if it was true?

maybe they thought the steelers would be scared. . .

:rofl:

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Not for the Tbois.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, expect Elway has already said that Tebow WILL be here next year. :welcome:
Well, it IS next year. And he didnt go much beyond that. ;')

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Jaws is gay.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Exactly.
Wr's dropping 6passes out of 18 is horrific. But out of 40, is considered nominal.
Its not the wr's faults TT takes sacks for -50yds vs throwing it.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Your math is off also....100%-45%= 55%

But if you see his splits on throws he throws 20% less short passes (less then 10 yards) then average NFl QB which are high percentage completions. He throws more deep balls that are lower percentage completions.

Which his accuracy is a problem, part of it is because he throws less high percentage completion passes.

If he was completing near 55% of his current passes I would be happy. He he threw as many slants, screens, and outs and all those shorter passes and was under 605 i would not be happy.
605?

Anyways.....

The reports this summer were TT CANT throw the short passes. So instead of regurgitating these immaterial stats, realize TT sucks in alot of areas and just accept it.

Joel
01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Exactly.
Wr's dropping 6passes out of 18 is horrific. But out of 40, is considered nominal.
Its not the wr's faults TT takes sacks for -50yds vs throwing it.
Who considers dropping 6/40 passes "nominal" (by which I assume you mean "normal" not "in name.") I consider anyone dropping 15% of balls thrown at them only "nominally" a receiver.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:40 PM
rav he hasnt even been the best WR since tebow started its DT....reliable my ass he has very bad drops and even mccoy mentioned poor route running, and fox straight dimed him out for wrong route running.....he has dissapeared rav the whole offense has its not just tebow why The f'in hell cant people see that seriously.....i get it your not sold on tebow he sucks as a passer blah blah blah, but decker has been a pretty shitty WR as well recently in all facets just like royal, willis and even DT at times and its not just the qb its them they make mistakes to....

Maybe because half of their routes are dummy routes.

Have you ever just watched them run routes?
Instead of the snap, or following the ball?
Its hard, but interesting.

They "jog" most of their routes. No shit! And they dont seem to look back til after they count to 5.

I dont know if this is how 'spread O's' run or not, cuz it seems the sooners wr's do the same shit. But its aggravating!

No wonder the qb/wr connections suck!

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Who considers dropping 6/40 passes "nominal" (by which I assume you mean "normal" not "in name.") I consider anyone dropping 15% of balls thrown at them only "nominally" a receiver.
Musta been that damn word corrector.

bcbronc
01-06-2012, 11:47 PM

They "jog" most of their routes. No shit! And they dont seem to look back til after they count to 5.

I dont know if this is how 'spread O's' run or not, cuz it seems the sooners wr's do the same shit. But its aggravating!

trying to sell the run would be my guess. Probably how DT got so wide open against Minny's craptastic secondary...get them looking for the QB keeper and go.

Joel
01-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Musta been that damn word corrector.
Ah, makes sense; hate those things.

I will say short passing seems very dangerous to me against a good aggressive 3-4 like Pitts, especially over the middle. A lot of 3-4 teams use their LBs almost exclusively as blitzers and run stoppers, with maybe a lonely ILB who can cover keeping QBs honest in the short middle of the field. Pitt's not like that: Pretty much all their LBs can cover short receivers well, and make picks if QBs try to force balls. I still think more teams doing that would kill the multi-headed short passing hydra (though not if the League keeps throwing flags every time a defender so much as looks at a receiver.)

I'm not saying we should never do it, but shouldn't make a habit of it; I can see more spread, but the QB would have to stay mobile (i.e. preferably Tebow,) and success would probably still require those evil deep routes.

Elevation inc
01-07-2012, 05:24 AM

yes i have seen this extensively....and it pisses me off to....who knows if it them or by design, but i know lloyd and gaffeny were very good route runners who could seprate very well they both had big adjustment windows as well, i have yet to see that from any WR we currently have and they also had no problems getting open for either kyle or tebow.....when your OC says wr's are running wrong routes, the protection is breaking down, and the qb is being to tentative, thats not just a tebow thing its a execution of the entire offense thing.....its no one doing there jobs at all to include the Wr's, Ol and the QB......some people see big picture while others see its all tebow....i have realized that wont be changing even if he wins sunday and thats why there is so much divide on this board.....

nevcraw
01-07-2012, 06:12 AM
bs/thread

dogfish
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
hehe. . .

what was that?

:D

:salute:

Joel
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Source: PFT gets the best stuff in the universe. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCWmQZqPT4