PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - Steelers Injury Report

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 02:37 PM
email received:

DENVER BRONCOS

OUT: S Brian Dawkins - Neck.

DOUBTFUL: FB Spencer Larsen - Knee.

QUESTIONABLE: S David Bruton - Achilles; CB Jonathan Wilhite - Illness.

PROBABLE: WR Eddie Royal - Toe; LB Von Miller - Thumb.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

OUT: CB Cortez Allen - Shoulder; RB Mewelde Moore - Knee.

QUESTIONABLE: C Maurkice Pouncey - Ankle.

PROBABLE: LB James Harrison - Toe; DE Brett Keisel - Groin; G Doug Legursky - Shoulder; S Troy Polamalu - Calf; QB Ben Roethlisberger - Ankle; T Jonathan Scott - Back; LB LaMarr Woodley - Hamstring.

igoe4broncos
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
So much for that report about Dawkins playing.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
i see a lot of big names on their side. I hope we can play very physical ball and put pressure on their depth.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:20 PM
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
Dawkins won't play Sunday. Desperately wanted to play. X-rays revealed more damage. Still has numbness in fingers
3 hours ago

http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

slim
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Pouncey didn't practice Thursday or Friday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16752526/roethlisberger-will-play-vs-broncos-pouncey-unlikely-for-steelers

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
So much for that report about Dawkins playing.

Locally, never a report that he would play. In fact, daily it has been reported that he has not practiced.

igoe4broncos
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Locally, never a report that he would play. In fact, daily it has been reported that he has not practiced.

I know someone tweeted right after last week's game that he would play. Think it was Vic Lombardi.

blamkin86
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
It's interesting that Ryan Clark isn't listed. He isn't "Injured" but he's not playing either.

G_Money
01-06-2012, 06:14 PM
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
Dawkins won't play Sunday. Desperately wanted to play. X-rays revealed more damage. Still has numbness in fingers

Retire while you still have a decent life, Dawk. I was hoping for one more year out of you (so that we could space out our DB acquisitions, adding just one corner opposite Champ next year, then move Champ to FS the following year and get another corner) but it's not worth it to you.

Trust me.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Retire while you still have a decent life, Dawk. I was hoping for one more year out of you (so that we could space out our DB acquisitions, adding just one corner opposite Champ next year, then move Champ to FS the following year and get another corner) but it's not worth it to you.

Trust me.

~G

Totally agree - I would love to see BDawk added to the coaching staff

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Totally agree - I would love to see BDawk added to the coaching staff

DB or conditioning coach IMO

underrated29
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Do you really think Dawk would do that here though. Its kinda like Lynch imo.

We had him for a while too and he will always be a bronco, but he retired as a Buc. If anything I would see Dawk doing the same thing. He will also be a bronco, but a coach or anything im sure would be as an eagle.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Already set to face the Denver Broncos without starting safety Ryan Clark and first-string running back Rashard Mendenhall, the Pittsburgh Steelers reportedly got more bad news Friday on the injury front heading into Sunday's AFC Wild Card Game.

Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey will not play against the Broncos because of a left ankle injury, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Friday. Pouncey also missed the Steelers' loss to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV with a left ankle injury.

The Steelers officially listed Pouncey as questionable on Friday's injury report. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who said he aggravated his high ankle sprain in last week's win over the Cleveland Browns, is listed as probable.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825c2166/article/report-steelers-pouncey-to-miss-wildcard-game-vs-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack