better have been more then once.

Tebowfan2
01-06-2012, 12:35 PM
better have been more then once.

Dont worry, I spammed the vote button.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Von lost it when he hurt his thumb.

Newton(s/b Daulton) will win OROY, and DROY, from the west(smith) coast, imo.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM

vons play went down cause of his thumb but his play before that was so spectatcular that if you look at the big picture smith doesnt come close to doing what von did in coverage or the run game......Von should be rookie of the year.....sacks arent the only way to judge rookie of the year, but cam should def get OROY

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM

Noticeably absent from the Pepsi Rookie of the Year ballot is Marcel Dareus. It must have been a mistake.

MileHighCrew
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Congrats in advance VON

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Noticeably absent from the Pepsi Rookie of the Year ballot is Marcel Dareus. It must have been a mistake.

Evidently, sacks ARE important.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Evidently, sacks ARE important.

sacks are important but so are snaps played, pressures, qb hits, hurries, your role in the defense, your impact on the defense, your TFL, Tackles in general etc....all this is accounted for.....smith is a great pass rusher, but miller is a beast all around

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Smith from 49ers only plays passing downs. and yes 14 sacks. Miller plays 90% of downs. and has a lot of tackles, several for loss too. He has been the better all around player. So dont be a dick and just vote.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM

He was not a difference maker for the team IMO.

Miller was a difference maker for us. Same with Dalton and Cam for their teams.

IMO Dalton and Von were the biggest difference makers for their teams.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
sacks are important but so are snaps played, pressures, qb hits, hurries, your role in the defense, your impact on the defense, your TFL, Tackles in general etc....all this is accounted for.....smith is a great pass rusher, but miller is a beast all around

I dunno. I hear more talk about others than i am of miller. Hell, even kerrigan.
Then you have peterson, adding int's to his game winning returns.
In my eyes, miller regressed vs the other guys improving.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Von played well when healthy but would be hard to vote for im recently with the drop in production. Ill have to look at the list and go from there.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Smith from 49ers only plays passing downs. and yes 14 sacks. Miller plays 90% of downs. and has a lot of tackles, several for loss too. He has been the better all around player. So dont be a dick and just vote.
If i think a bronco deserves an award, i do vote. If i dont, i dont vote at all.
Homer bullshit is whats killing awards, imo.

Northman
01-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Sadly, i agree with RCS here. If a player deserves it they deserve it, not just because they happen to be a Bronco.

CoachChaz
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Mike Croel was the last Bronco to win it. How did that work out long term?

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Von has a very strong case for DROY.

CoachChaz
01-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Lawrence Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Charles Woodson, Brian Urlacher.

Only players to win both DROY and DPOY in their career. I'll be happier with a few DPOY's in lieu of a DROY

slim
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Mike Croel was the last Bronco to win it. How did that work out long term?

Every time I start to get exicted about Von's future, I think about Mike Croel.

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
If i think a bronco deserves an award, i do vote. If i dont, i dont vote at all.

Yeah but you have to counteract the other homers so you must use your homerism.

It will never change and one or two that use the honest approach on an online poll won't change the whole world. So I always go orange and blue, even when it doesnt look like they deserve it.

sneakers
01-06-2012, 05:07 PM
voting is dumb

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Who was voted to 1st string PRO BOWL? Miller is only one starting other are what? Alternatives?

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I dunno. I hear more talk about others than i am of miller. Hell, even kerrigan.
Then you have peterson, adding int's to his game winning returns.
In my eyes, miller regressed vs the other guys improving.

miller regressed the same way any player uses leverage regresses when there whole hand is jacked from a cast, it has happened to many, but he was the #1 defensive player in football after the chicago game....period! a few off games doesnt nullify his first 12.....he was doing stuff for this team at his position as a rookie on a whole scale no otehr rookie has done impact wise since randy moss.....he has a grade at PFF thats almost 15 points higher than the next rookie even with 3 down weeks....

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM
be pessimistic ignore the big picture I could care less, we scored with the number 2 pick he is a beast. I voted for him cause he f'in earned it plain and simple....

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Every time I start to get exicted about Von's future, I think about Mike Croel.

that can be said about any player....:tsk:

the best player on our team, and people still knock the shit out of his play...WTF!!!!!

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Saying Von Miller is regressing has to be the most asinine thing I have read on this board by a Broncos fan all season. How big of a delusional hater do you have to be to actually have that opinion?

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
that can be said about any player....:tsk:

the best player on our team, and people still knock the shit out of his play...WTF!!!!!

Some people just aren't happy unless they are bashing anything and everything they can. You'd think this team was getting ready for a top 5 pick instead of a playoff game based on the tone of the board.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Saying Von Miller is regressing has to be the most asinine thing I have read on this board by a Broncos fan all season. How big of a delusional hater do you have to be to actually have that opinion?

its par for the course.....our best player this year period hands down not even a question.....

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Lawrence Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Charles Woodson, Brian Urlacher.

Only players to win both DROY and DPOY in their career. I'll be happier with a few DPOY's in lieu of a DROY

we all want that coach but he only has played a year so far. How can you not be happy about what our rookie did this year.....he is the highest graded OLB in football even with 3 off weeks due to injury

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Some people just aren't happy unless they are bashing anything and everything they can. You'd think this team was getting ready for a top 5 pick instead of a playoff game based on the tone of the board.

maybe things have been negative for a few years now people are just afraid to be happy about any good play we have from players

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 06:51 PM

Some of these people I have question whether they are Bronco fans or forum junkies trying to get their fix by pissing someone off. :coffee:

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
maybe things have been negative for a few years now people are just afraid to be happy about any good play we have from players

Rather then being happy about playoffs people are bitching and complaining and I dont hear much positive about making playoffs. Depressing group. Some people who were gone for months when we were winning are back and spamming how bad Tebow is. Cynical people.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Some of these people I have question whether they are Bronco fans or forum junkies trying to get their fix by pissing someone off. :coffee:

the truth is probally somewhere in the middle

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
The media just named Miller second team all-pro. Didn't see Dareus on that list anywhere. But what do those hacks know?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19689945?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Poet
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Sadly, i agree with RCS here. If a player deserves it they deserve it, not just because they happen to be a Bronco.

That's why I voted for Cam Newton...and I ******* hate Cam Newton.

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Newton really fell off as the season went on. I watched him play in person against New Orleans on Sunday and he was awful. And New Orleans isn't known for their pass defense. I think Dalton would be deserving if he won it over Newton.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
screw it i voted for jabaal sheard and Jurrel Casey...i threw in a blaine gabbert vote for good measure..f 'it

cant vote von...im a homer if i do

Poet
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Newton really fell off as the season went on. I watched him play in person against New Orleans on Sunday and he was awful. And New Orleans isn't known for their pass defense. I think Dalton would be deserving if he won it over Newton.

Yeah I know, but he ******* scored 35 TD's. That's a pretty damn big number.

There's a flaw with all the rookies. Dalton took his team to the playoffs but the Bengals suck against good team. Von Miller's production dropped off. Newton has a losing record and a lot of turnovers. The LB from SF could just as easily be a product of the talent around him and plays in the worst NFL division.

I want to vote Dalton, but he's just been solid. Other rookies have been great.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah I know, but he ******* scored 35 TD's. That's a pretty damn big number.

There's a flaw with all the rookies. Dalton took his team to the playoffs but the Bengals suck against good team. Von Miller's production dropped off. Newton has a losing record and a lot of turnovers. The LB from SF could just as easily be a product of the talent around him and plays in the worst NFL division.

I want to vote Dalton, but he's just been solid. Other rookies have been great.

you mean the DE that only passes passing down that has 14 sacks? And is part of an awesome DL and has great LBs behind him.

Dzone
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
"Frenetic effort and relentless pursuit to the ball"~Von MIller

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
"Frenetic effort and relentless pursuit to the ball"~Von MIller

Improved dramatically in all aspects of game for his position, and instantly made team better.

Northman
01-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Same. He's played consistently well all season long so it was hard not to vote for him. Its a shame that Von got hurt but shit happens and he did well when he was healthy. Hopefully he will have many great years as a Bronco.

As to the wannabe fan police, get over it. Not everyone will agree with you but instead of trying to insult them try debating the topic which is the voting instead of insulting the other members just because their opinions dont mesh with yours.

Poet
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
you mean the DE that only passes passing down that has 14 sacks? And is part of an awesome DL and has great LBs behind him.

He's a DE that only passes on passing downs? I change my vote to the DE who passes for the other team's QB. No wonder the Niners have so many picks!

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
So. How many sacks/tackles/tackles for loss has he had in the last 8 gms vs his 1st 8? Last 5? Last 3?

Cast be damned.

Ya'll battered orton for "hurting the team by playing hurt". Funny how when miller is hurting the team, its poo-poo'd.

Haggen is a better run stopper. Period.

They might have done better with haggen playing vs miller, who doesnt stop the run, nor get to the qb with bis cast.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
we all want that coach but he only has played a year so far. How can you not be happy about what our rookie did this year.....he is the highest graded OLB in football even with 3 off weeks due to injury

How often do you see him defensing passes to the TE? Rb? Stopping the run? Catching swing passes/screens behind the LOS?

The only thing he does good is a sack about 1/gm.

Thats not game changing.

Hell, unless its on 3rd down, its not even drive stopping.

Week in, week out, he's pushing up and outside vs the OT, and rb's are running free for big gains, thru the spot he vacated.
I'm not making this shit up. WATCH IT!

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:00 PM
So. How many sacks/tackles/tackles for loss has he had in the last 8 gms vs his 1st 8? Last 5? Last 3?

Cast be damned.

Ya'll battered orton for "hurting the team by playing hurt". Funny how when miller is hurting the team, its poo-poo'd.

They might have done better with haggen playing vs miller, who doesnt stop the run, nor get to the qb with bis cast.

Shocker. Can't even discuss our best defensive player without somehow comparing him to Orton.

As far as first eight games last eight games... 26 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections in weeks 10, 11 and 12.

The first nine game? 31 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections.

Week 10-12, he was the most dominant defensive player in the game, and that is ALMOST undisputable.

Haggan WAS a better run stopper. Has he been less than after the injury? Maybe, but to somehow imply he's regressing (which is what you're doing, although I'm going to guess you'll dispute that) is completely and utterly false.

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:00 PM
How often do you see him defensing passes to the TE? Rb? Stopping the run? Catching swing passes/screens behind the LOS?

Thats not game changing.

Week in, week out, he's pushing up and outside vs the OT, and rb's are running free for big gains, thru the spot he vacated.

Saved the game against the Jets with a pass deflection. So, well, that's false.

Poet
01-06-2012, 10:02 PM
A sack a game is game changing if that's your average. If you average a sack a game and play a full career you will be known as one of the greatest pass rushers of all time.

Sacks are the most important aspect of a pass rusher's game, but if you get a lot of sacks you get a lot of hurries and QB hits. I am a fan of DeMarcus Ware, who is certainly a hall of famer already in his career. I'm also a fan of Orakpo and Hali. All of those guys, Miller included, are dominant enough to demand double teams. If you get a double team consistently you are immensely affecting the game.

People liked to make the claim that it was Dumervil setting the table for Von Miller. In reality, it was the other way around this year and probably for years to come.

From my personal perspective - the Bengals took A.J. Green, who is already a Pro Bowl caliber WR. If I had to trade him for another pick I wouldn't take Newton for a myriad of reasons. I wouldn't take Julio Jones or Darues. I wouldn't even take Peterson who has been above average in coverage this year.

If I had to trade Green for a player in his draft class, it would be for Von Miller. Take Von Miller and actually put him in the right defense. He'd probably have 20 sacks if he were on Pittsburgh.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Hate to telll you this, but most record breaking players are surrounded by great players.
Reggie white had help.
Goat had help.

But go ahead and blindly bash others to make your boy look better if you need to.

Miller is a liability vs the run.

Hopefully they correct this area this yr.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Saved the game against the Jets with a pass deflection. So, well, that's false.
EWWWWW......1!? :lol:

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
A sack a game is game changing if that's your average. If you average a sack a game and play a full career you will be known as one of the greatest pass rushers of all time.

Sacks are the most important aspect of a pass rusher's game, but if you get a lot of sacks you get a lot of hurries and QB hits. I am a fan of DeMarcus Ware, who is certainly a hall of famer already in his career. I'm also a fan of Orakpo and Hali. All of those guys, Miller included, are dominant enough to demand double teams. If you get a double team consistently you are immensely affecting the game.

People liked to make the claim that it was Dumervil setting the table for Von Miller. In reality, it was the other way around this year and probably for years to come.

From my personal perspective - the Bengals took A.J. Green, who is already a Pro Bowl caliber WR. If I had to trade him for another pick I wouldn't take Newton for a myriad of reasons. I wouldn't take Julio Jones or Darues. I wouldn't even take Peterson who has been above average in coverage this year.

If I had to trade Green for a player in his draft class, it would be for Von Miller. Take Von Miller and actually put him in the right defense. He'd probably have 20 sacks if he were on Pittsburgh.

I think he actually fits Allen's scheme fairly well. I get the point that if you add him at OLB in Pittsburg, he's going to wreak havoc, but even a few sub far defenders have done that in that scheme.

This 4-3 Under, zone-blitzing scheme has been pretty effective and he's improved immensely against the run, out side of the touchdown given up against KC, which, as our resident KC fan RC is harping on, was a bad play.

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
EWWWWW......1!? :lol:

How many deflections do the top tier outside linebackers have. Is it 4? I doubt it.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Shocker. Can't even discuss our best defensive player without somehow comparing him to Orton.

As far as first eight games last eight games... 26 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections in weeks 10, 11 and 12.

The first nine game? 31 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 2 pass deflections.

Week 10-12, he was the most dominant defensive player in the game, and that is ALMOST undisputable.

Haggan WAS a better run stopper. Has he been less than after the injury? Maybe, but to somehow imply he's regressing (which is what you're doing, although I'm going to guess you'll dispute that) is completely and utterly false.

Pass defenses, vs deflections. Sorry if i didnt state my point clearly.
I mean out in the route with these guys, you know, like a real SLB does.

Nomad
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I voted for him cause he's a BRONCO....could care less about stats or what any other player did.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I voted for him cause he's a BRONCO....could care less about stats or what any other player did.
Homer.

:D

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Pass defenses, vs deflections. Sorry if i didnt state my point clearly.
I mean out in the route with these guys, you know, like a real SLB does.

It's the same stat.

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Here are the outside linebackers ahead of Von Miller in "passes defensed":

Clay Matthews
James Anderson
Daryl Smith
Terrell Suggs
Shaun Phillips
Rob Ninkovich
Lance Briggs
Ryan Kerrigan

Of those players, only one has more sacks, that's Suggs. Of those players, only three have more forced fumbles, that's Lance Briggs, Clay Matthews and Terrell Suggs.

He is one of the most disruptive players in the game, and that's even with being not that effective after getting injured.

Elevation inc
01-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Thats not game changing.

yep 19 TFL is not a good stat at all get a grip dude seriously....dude is a gamechanger in all facets......the game he had had 10 tackles???? 5 of them were stops at the LOS or behind it....thats a beast period!!!! combine that with his pass rush and you have a dominant franchise player in all facets of the game, his injury is why has declined...ask any pass rusher without both hands your handicapped plain and simple....which is why he is replaced by haggan at times now......haggan is beastly against the run, miller is to but not with 1 hand its to hard to consistently shed blocks.....

Elevation inc
01-07-2012, 06:39 AM

Cast be damned.

sigh...millers run defense grade this year is better than haggans last 2 years combined at PFF......next.....