PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey out!

Dzone
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
He aint playin sunday
Just announced as officially out

ShooterJM
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Wonder if the line just shifted. (vegas not offensive)

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/17/roethlisberger-questonable-pouncey-out-for-monday-night/

Umm. .. . :confused:

This game is being played Sunday, January 8th, 2012, Broncos Vs. Steelers.

Tebowfan2
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM
New link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/rumors-scoop-du-jour/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-sitting-sunday-121737357.html
I realised that when it said Monday Night...

SOCALORADO.
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Bunkley needs to have a big game.

Timmy!
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Time to break out some serious A gap blitz packages and see just how mobile Ben is on that ankle.

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Time to break of some serious A gap blitz packages and see just how mobile Ben is on that ankle.

I'm looking at you, D.J.

chazoe60
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Why do I feel like Ray Rice is gonna take a nasty spill this week?

Tebowfan2
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Even the staff is getting injuries! http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7431734/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-coach-kirby-wilson-burned-house-fire

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Even the staff is getting injuries! http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7431734/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-coach-kirby-wilson-burned-house-fire

Um, that's not really something to be excited about. I hope he's ok.

BORDERLINE
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
As long as Big Ben plays it will still be a huge challenge!!!!!

Hope we are up for It!!!

CoachChaz
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I guess I just dont see all the advantages. One could argue that Redman could burn us just as much...if not more than Mendenhall, and Moore is always a threat...assuming he plays A gimpy rapist is only to our benefit if we actually get pressure on him. Pouncey being out hurts them, but I dont think he's the glue that holds everything together.

So, maybe this all gives us a defensive advantage and we hold them to 7 points. I dont see anything to lead me to believe their defense is worse than KC. We have to score 21 to win this game. I dont think it happens

BigDaddyBronco
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I guess I just dont see all the advantages. One could argue that Redman could burn us just as much...if not more than Mendenhall, and Moore is always a threat...assuming he plays A gimpy rapist is only to our benefit if we actually get pressure on him. Pouncey being out hurts them, but I dont think he's the glue that holds everything together.

So, maybe this all gives us a defensive advantage and we hold them to 7 points. I dont see anything to lead me to believe their defense is worse than KC. We have to score 21 to win this game. I dont think it happens

We could keep them in the teens if we get pressure on Big Ben, but like you say that still means we have to score 20 or so to beat them. After the last few weeks that seems unlikely.

waterboy31321
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Def time for Miller to be heading up the A gap. Hopefully we realized the delayed blitzes off the edge didn't really work last week

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
awesome. Now if we win (which we won't) it will be because Pouncey was out.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
This is just not the steelers week, RB coach burned in house fire

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7431734/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-coach-kirby-wilson-burned-house-fire

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
This is just not the steelers week, RB coach burned in house fire

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7431734/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-coach-kirby-wilson-burned-house-fire

wow.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
it certainly can't hurt us having Pouncey out.

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
it certainly can't hurt us having Pouncey out.

wow Joe. You are so deep

camdisco24
01-06-2012, 12:23 PM

I wouldn't wish that kind of luck on anyone... that's a sad story there.

Now when it comes to players, they call all stay in Pitts for all I care.

OrangeHoof
01-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I do want to see us dial up the blitz packages. We may get burned a time or two but we can't be safe and passive and expect to win. We need to take chances and create turnovers. The seeds are there (study the SF game) and hope to catch some breaks but it won't happen unless our defense decides to push the envelope.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
wow Joe. You are so deep

I'm just trying to keep up with your riveting commentary, nut.

Tebowfan2
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Why would I get excited about people getting injured? Im not like that man.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
It by chance we win, its will because of injuries and all. That is what people will say.

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm just trying to keep up with your riveting commentary, nut.

i know, .. I'm just being a dick.

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM

umm. did I miss something? I don't seem to recall T2 demonstrating any type of excitement. You need to learn to ease up on overcritical assessment of newcomers. Smell his genitals, don't bite them off

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
This is great news not only will bunkley straight own there run game, if we stay out of the nickel look as often as we have we stuff the run, and pouncey out also allows some delayed inside blitzes by von like we did in the oakland game.....I like our chances on defense alot this game......there 2 weapons are brown and wallace, chris harris should stop wallace and champ should contain brown. redman sucks as a runner and moore is also banged up a bit.....im not worried about there offense at all actually.....

when we play 4 down lineman we stop the run when we play 3 DL with von as a rusher we get owned cause he cant get off blocks to his side cause of his hand and woodyard and DJ arent the greates shedders either.....

We stuffed the run both against buffalo and KC when we finally stopped the nickel look with a smaller front. if we play smashmouth straight up and dont get cute our defense will have fun.....Doom should get to Ben at least 1 time and if we move von around as a pass rusher and play haggan at SLB, we will also do well.....i love von to death but he is not the same player right now cause of his hand....haggan is a great run defender so use him in that role and move von around a bit on the line as a situational pass rusher doing that will help big time.....we have alot of things on defense in our favor for this game if we play it right.....

Foochacho
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Dj is going to come up big. It will make his blitz packages alot easier

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Dj is going to come up big. It will make his blitz packages alot easier

I am liking DJ more and more lately.

slim
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Hold your water, boys.

I don't think he is officially ruled out.

CoachChaz
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
This is great news not only will bunkley straight own there run game, if we stay out of the nickel look as often as we have we stuff the run, and pouncey out also allows some delayed inside blitzes by von like we did in the oakland game.....I like our chances on defense alot this game......there 2 weapons are brown and wallace, chris harris should stop wallace and champ should contain brown. redman sucks as a runner and moore is also banged up a bit.....im not worried about there offense at all actually.....

when we play 4 down lineman we stop the run when we play 3 DL with von as a rusher we get owned cause he cant get off blocks to his side cause of his hand and woodyard and DJ arent the greates shedders either.....

We stuffed the run both against buffalo and KC when we finally stopped the nickel look with a smaller front. if we play smashmouth straight up and dont get cute our defense will have fun.....Doom should get to Ben at least 1 time and if we move von around as a pass rusher and play haggan at SLB, we will also do well.....i love von to death but he is not the same player right now cause of his hand....haggan is a great run defender so use him in that role and move von around a bit on the line as a situational pass rusher doing that will help big time.....we have alot of things on defense in our favor for this game if we play it right.....

I guess I'm just not so sure about these comments. Redman is a bigger home run hitter and I'm not quite so sure that old Champ and UDFA Harris can run with Wallace and Brown as easily as you seem to think. That's why the pass rush is imperitive

jhildebrand
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
The trick, if Ben is hobbled, will be keeping him hobbled but in the game. If Pitt goes to Dixon this team might be in trouble.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I guess I'm just not so sure about these comments. Redman is a bigger home run hitter and I'm not quite so sure that old Champ and UDFA Harris can run with Wallace and Brown as easily as you seem to think. That's why the pass rush is imperitive

fair enough...if we dont play our stupid horrible nickel defense we have a shot....if we do play it were done for....i have never liked redman guess we will just have to see......Bunkley and thomas as a tandem are downright nasty against the run the problem is we get gashed in the run game on the outside in our nickel package thats where dexter got us, thats where NE got us and thats where spiller got us, when we went back to 4 front and playing straight up we stuffed the run hardcore.....if we can get champ, harris and maybe bruton to play well i think we shut there offense down big time......if our secondary struggles then yeah it will be a long day, but if we get any pressure which is more likely inside now with pouncey out we can flush ben to the DE's....

i dont know man i really like our chances on defense this game especially with the home crowd.....

slim
01-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Slow down, big boy...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336271&referrerid=266

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Slow down, big boy...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336271&referrerid=266

lol fudge, who jumped to conclusions here that mother %^&@&* :laugh:

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
It by chance we win, its will because of injuries and all. That is what people will say.
Huh?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dzone
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Too bad we couldnt have drafted Pouncey instead of JD Walton that year.

BigDaddyBronco
01-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Too bad we couldnt have drafted Pouncey instead of JD Walton that year.

We could have. We kept dropping back to stockpile picks to get Tebow. The first time we dropped back, I was sure we were going to take Pouncey. then we dropped back again and got D. Thomas and I didn't have a clue what was going on.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Probably, and rightfully so. In truth, this team is not nearly as talented as the Steelers are. So if we win, its an upset. An upset is when a lesser team beats a better team. We are a lesser team. If the Steelers lose some of their starters (clark is the one that will help us the most) in a playoff game, and lose, it makes sense to think that a lesser team would not win against a better team had both teams had all starters in the lineup.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
The trick, if Ben is hobbled, will be keeping him hobbled but in the game. If Pitt goes to Dixon this team might be in trouble.

I don't think they go to Dixon if Roth is hurt.

Dzone
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Evans and Klatt on 104.3 today said "Markus Pouncey is out"...thats where I heard it. Maybe Evans and Klatt are full of shit. Seems a little early for Pittsburgh to say he is out

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Evans and Klatt on 104.3 today said "Markus Pouncey is out"...thats where I heard it. I would be surprised that they announce him out so early. Maybe Evans and Klatt are full of shit

I heard earlier on radio "probably won't play"...but that was the end of that report and all that was said.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Probably, and rightfully so. In truth, this team is not nearly as talented as the Steelers are. So if we win, its an upset. An upset is when a lesser team beats a better team. We are a lesser team. If the Steelers lose some of their starters (clark is the one that will help us the most) in a playoff game, and lose, it makes sense to think that a lesser team would not win against a better team had both teams had all starters in the lineup.

They will say that even if we play the best game of our season. Tebow 60%, no WR drops, McGahee 100 yrd game and defense shutting them down.

Its a lose/lose in the eyes of the world right now. If we lose then it was ment to be.

I personally think that our team is out matched in every aspect except STs.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2012, 06:27 PM
They will say that even if we play the best game of our season. Tebow 60%, no WR drops, McGahee 100 yrd game and defense shutting them down.

Its a lose/lose in the eyes of the world right now. If we lose then it was ment to be.

I personally think that our team is out matched in every aspect except STs.

Thats what I'm saying. Because Steelers are weakened due to injuries, and are still the better team...if we win it will be an upset. Upsets dont' happen because the better team won, but the lesser team. If the lesser team wins, its because the better team either didn't play well, or was hurt. So if we play the best game of our season, it will most likely be BECAUSE Pitt is injured.

Whether thats true or not, it's a valid argument. Afterall, Pitt is the better team.

Joel
01-06-2012, 08:33 PM

He's not everything, but IS the center. I see where you are: Watched Phil Costa much this year? The Cowboys look like a pinball machine on shotgun snaps. One game Romo was looking to his left checking the D when the ball hit him in the face because the center forgot the snap count. An extreme case, granted; Costa's an AWFUL center (though he's gotten better) I hope is either much improved or replaced next year, but it illustrates the point. This doesn't give us the game, but does make things more difficult for an already hobbled Steeler offense. The situation is this:

We're facing an always weak offense that just lost its starting center and starting runningback plus its starting QB aggravated an existing injury. Advantage: Broncos D.

It's still on us to exploit opportunity; if our offense doesn't show up it could be a repeat of SB XLI, when the Bears D put on a HoF performance but lost anyway because their offense was SO bad, even against an awful D (which the Steelers certainly aren't.) At one point they had to force the same turnover on consecutive plays, because their inept offense fumbled back to Indy in the interim. We can't beat the Cornhuskers playing like that.

We're banged up, too; our only good guard is done, our best blitzer disappeared once he put on his cast and our "starting" FS probably ended his career a month ago. However, Pitts injuries give us a fighting chance in a steep uphill battle.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Well, he didnt play last time they were in denver, and it didnt seem to matter.
When the talent on the opposing team is better and deeper and has played together for years, theres realy no reason to think they would/could/should stumble.

Rapersburger handing off for big yards, followed by some play action passes for big yards, and he should be sitting on the bench with a comfy lead in the 2nd half, resting his ankle for gm2.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums