PDA

View Full Version : I'm dreaming of a white play-off

Dean
01-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Snow IMO would give us the best chance to win.

It would do little to hurt what we do. We are a power running running team. We do not pass the ball well.

Rothlesberger especially with unsure footing on a weak ankle and a hard, slippery ball would have to rely more on a running game missing their starting RB and possibly having an injured or missing Pouncey.

From the forcast, there is a chance.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Denver+Colorado

TXBRONC
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM

It would do little to hurt what we do. We are a power running running team. We do not pass the ball well.

Rothlesberger especially with unsure footing on a weak ankle and a hard, slippery ball would have to rely more on a running game missing their starting RB and possibly having an injured or missing Pouncey.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Denver+Colorado

Snow would be great equalizer against their speed on defense as well.

Dzone
01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
30% chance for snow Sunday? that would be awesome

Buff
01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
50% chance of snow according to Weather.com... At first I thought I wanted snow - but I was thinking about it and snow usually hampers pass rushers more than any other position - and getting after Big Ben is our only real hope at winning this game... So, on second thought I don't know if I want snow.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
50% chance of snow according to Weather.com... At first I thought I wanted snow - but I was thinking about it and snow usually hampers pass rushers more than any other position - and getting after Big Ben is our only real hope at winning this game... So, on second thought I don't know if I want snow.

My thought as well. Plus, it's not like Pittsburgh is a warm weather team...

Dzone
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe 50% in Denver. Cool. I live southeast of Denver and it doesn't snow as often here.

BeefStew25
01-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Beer slushies.

Dean
01-06-2012, 10:51 AM

I would not think that would be the case. It has been my experience that a slippery surface is a benefit to whichever player who knows where they are going and when he is cutting.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I would not think that would be the case. It has been my experience that a slippery surface is a benefit to whichever player who knows where they are going and when he is cutting.

So, that means the offense?

Buff
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM

I'm not making this stuff up - just taking former players' word for it. Schlereth and Alfred Williams were talking about how it it makes it tough on pass rushers - especially speed rushers like Elvis and Von.

waterboy31321
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey new member here, but its been to my experience that passing during weather games is bigger advantage. Look at what the Patriots have done in snow games. Its a big advantage to know where your going and having somebody try to react to that on a slipper surface and QB's now days can handle the ball no problem.

underrated29
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Ill tell you what in snowy slippery conditions Mike Wallace and his 4.2 speed will be negated. A lot!

But the snow is likely to fall in the morning, not the afternoon and it will be a dusting. The field should be cleared by then. I hope for lots of snow but in all likely hood, it wont happen nor affect the game.

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
you can have my 6-inches of snow on the ground from last night, I dont want it.

OrangeHoof
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Weather Underground's forecast for Sunday as of Friday morning...It may snow before the game but unlikely to snow during the game.

Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow in the morning...then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 30s.

TimHippo
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Snow would shut down any passing game as the receivers would not be able to go deep or at full speed.

So this would mean Rothlesburger would lose his passing game which means the Steelers would be forced to run. On the otherhand, Tebow would also lose his passing game.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
The latest on the weather is - chance of snow starting late Saturday night - ending early Sunday morning - Denver 1 - 3 inches.

More than likely, the field will be covered at some point Saturday. Also, there are underground heaters under the field - so, unless things change, where much more snow comes than is expected, or moreso, unless it is snowing during the game, I don't believe weather will be a factor.

Dean
01-06-2012, 02:28 PM
So, that means the offense?

The offensive lineman does not know who the pass rushers are (DE, LB, safety, etc), whether they are trying to get the edge, bull rushing inside, or desayed rush.

Carol brought up a point that I had forgotten. The heating coils will probably miinimize the effects by quickly melting it off.

Nomad
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
you can have my 6-inches of snow on the ground from last night, I dont want it.

Another 4-8 inches on the way this weekend for anchorage.....so that means about 12" for us in Eagle River. I'm running out of places to put the crap. Valdez has already gotten 246" this year and they haven't hit the peak yet.

Too bad BRONCOS don't play Sat. afternoon because that's when the snow will hit.

NameUsedBefore
01-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah, but, what about the girth?

Broncos Mtnman
01-07-2012, 01:10 AM

Yeah, because the Steelers NEVER play in the snow in Pittsburgh.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2008/12/medium_pit_snow.jpg

nevcraw
01-07-2012, 06:32 AM
snow would be cool.. I want Tebow to be throw like he was back in the SEC. find the TE. no more run, bad bomb, run, punt. time to let the QB loose... win or lose..
you give ben the same type of game and he wins.. the broncs need to score on 5 plays one way or the other to win..