PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
That Tim Tebow was 2 for 13 on first and second down against Kansas City?

I didn't.

If only McCoy called more first and second down passes...

Tebowfan2
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Looks like first quarter stats.

BroncoNut
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't know that. Mo, computer quesition. my screen is too big. How do I get the content down to size? Do you know what I mean?

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:05 PM
No Nut not sure.

chazoe60
01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
MO, why did this need a thread?

It's playoff week let's just enjoy it why rub shit in people's faces that is just meant to make all Broncos fans feel bad about this week?

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM

It's playoff week let's just enjoy it why rub shit in people's faces that is just meant to make all Broncos fans feel bad about this week?

Because for weeks on end, we've heard that Mike McCoy needs to throw on first down and that he is an idiot for not throwing on first down and that playcalling is why Tebow has struggled.

And that simply, is absurd.

Sorry that's not positive enough. God forbid we be objective.

dogfish
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM

chaze, let's go give MO a swirly in one of the lounge bathroom toilets. . . .

Krugan
Link to the stats please?

Im looking but not finding these numbers, most likely im just missing them but its been a long day.

dogfish
MO, did you know that tim tebow is not a rookie?

chazoe60
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Because for weeks on end, we've heard that Mike McCoy needs to throw on first down and that he is an idiot for not throwing on first down and that playcalling is why Tebow has struggled.

And that simply, is absurd.

Sorry that's not positive enough. God forbid we be objective.

Yes Tebow has been limiting our passing game but McCoy is limiting it also. How many 3&out series have we seen go run left, run right, QB draw?

McCoy is not innocent in our offenses struggles.

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
No, he's not a rookie, Dog, but I'm going to consider him a rookie, so I can feel better about his shitty play.

chazoe60
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
McCoy is a rookie playcaller also.

underrated29
01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Did you know that had we not drafted Tebow we would never have been in the playoffs therefore we would never have to worry about threads like this.

Ahhhhh... to be miserable once again. After 6 straight years of it, I think we all miss it.

chazoe60
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Sorry MO, I like you but this thread is just piling on.

How many different ways do we need to be told our QB sucks?

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Did you know that had we not drafted Tebow we would never have been in the playoffs therefore we would never have to worry about threads like this.

Ahhhhh... to be miserable once again. After 6 straight years of it, I think we all miss it.

If that isn't a non-sequitur.

Can you prove that Denver wouldn't have made the playoffs without Tim Tebow?

No? I didn't think so.

Shitty quarterback play forever! Hoo-rah!

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Sorry MO, I like you but this thread is just piling on.

How many different ways do we need to be told our QB sucks?

How many different ways do we have to blame the play calling?

There are countless threads talking about how Denver won't throw on first or second down.

underrated29
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
If that isn't a non-sequitur.

Can you prove that Denver wouldn't have made the playoffs without Tim Tebow?

No? I didn't think so.

Shitty quarterback play forever! Hoo-rah!

Shitty quarterback play forever! And Playoffs Hoo-rah!

underrated29
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I can not say that. What I can say is when we had a real QB we have not made the playoffs...cutler, Orton etc.

I can also say that Tebow his rookie year is only a game or two shy of as many wins as the real QB gave us in 3 years.

dogfish
01-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I can not say that. What I can say is when we had a real QB we have not made the playoffs...cutler, Orton etc.

I can also say that Tebow his rookie year is only a game or two shy of as many wins as the real QB gave us in 3 years.

tebow had one win his rookie year, esse. . . :listen:

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Orton was a real quarterback? That's not what I was told when he was in Denver. Suddenly, he's a "real quarterback?"

Do you just not want to face reality?

camdisco24
01-05-2012, 11:44 PM

I think everyone has seen the suckage Mo... no one is really arguing that he has hasn't sucked the last couple weeks...

But you have to face reality as well. That dude putting up those numbers got us to a place we haven't been in a long while.

Why can't we save this kind of BS for the offseason and enjoy the playoffs for one week? (maybe more if Jesus is there)

jhildebrand
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM

I didn't.

Mo,

Did you know that in the KC game Orton only crossed the 50 yardline once. It was the first drive. Did you know that after that they didn't even so much as really come close to crossing it.

I guess KC should have quit throwing it too.

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd like to not hear bitching and whining about play calling for a week, too.

jhildebrand
01-05-2012, 11:48 PM

Playcalling goes so much farther than pass vs run. :rolleyes:

The playcalling is and has been suspect. However, for all you that don't see it as a problem, when McCoy is still here next year with a Rookie QB or new QB calling the same ol bull crap, you don't get to pull the play call card. :smug:

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Mo,

Did you know that in the KC game Orton only crossed the 50 yardline once. It was the first drive. Did you know that after that they didn't even so much as really come close to crossing it.

I guess KC should have quit throwing it too.

This thread isn't about Kansas City's putrid quarterback play, but nice try at a deflection.

BroncoJoe
01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Oh good lord.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh good lord.

I think we've established quite clearly that people want to bitch and moan about play calling (when that's obviously not the problem), and don't want to hear about problems at the quarterback position.

I think it's a valid observation, but hey, let's allbe positive about Tebow and as critical as possible of Mike McCoy. You know, objectivity, and all.

BroncoJoe
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM
I think we've established quite clearly that people want to bitch and moan about play calling (when that's obviously not the problem), and don't want to hear about problems at the quarterback position.

I think it's a valid observation, but hey, let's allbe positive about Tebow and as critical as possible of Mike McCoy. You know, objectivity, and all.

Take things to extreme much?

sneakers
01-05-2012, 11:56 PM
LOL nice going MO

UnderArmour
01-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Orton was a real quarterback? That's not what I was told when he was in Denver. Suddenly, he's a "real quarterback?"

YOU DONT WANT TO FACE REALITY! The reality is that Tim Tebow is a GAMER, a BALLER, a PLAYMAKER, and a SHOT CALLER. All Tim Tebow does is WIN FOOTBALL GAMES I don't think you understand that!!!!! TIM TEBOW IS GOING TO PROVE ALL THE HATERS WRONG ON SUNDAY WHEN HE LIGHTS UP THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS IN AN 13-10 OVERTIME DENVER BRONCOS WIN OVER THE STEELERS, COMPLETING AN INCREDIBLE 35% OF HIS PASSES. You just don't understand Tim Tebow's INTANGIBLES! You see, Tim Tebow couldn't win the last three games because he was saving his energy for a playoff run. Tim Tebow knew that GOD would get him into the playoffs no matter how poorly he played so he just wasn't himself the last three games but now that it matters Tim Tebow is going to just win football games again.

...It's going to be a long offseason hearing about Elway and Tebow every day in free agency and the draft at least once an hour on every NFL show.

socalthunder
01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Play calling is not a problem. In fact, I think the coaching staff is just about as responsible for getting the team into the playoffs as anyone.

MOtorboat
2 for 13? That must be McCoy's fault? What was he doing calling passing plays on first or second down?

jhildebrand
This thread isn't about Kansas City's putrid quarterback play, but nice try at a deflection.

Ok. Fair enough.

So why then, when Tebow was 4 of 5 to start Buffalo game and throwing the ball well did he only throw it 3 more times? :confused:

How come in the NE game when he started 5 of 6 he finished the 1st half with only 2 more passes? :confused:

Shouldn't it work both ways? After all, when something is working why get away from it until the other team FORCES you?

chazoe60

Oh yeah because Tebow has been shrouded in a cloak of positivity ever since he became a Bronco. Nobody ever criticizes Tebow, ever. :rolleyes:

camdisco24
01-06-2012, 12:00 AM

I think we've also established quite clearly that people on the other side of the debate want to bitch and moan just as much, and can't admit that play calling has been VERY questionable since week one. (Yeah, when that other guy was playing QB).

Minus the Florida fanbois, please find me a Broncos fan who disagrees that Tebow has sucked the last couple weeks. I would put money that many of them are critical of both Tebow and McCoy...

Poet
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
This thread is glorious.

Mo is killing all of you, ALL OF YOU!

chazoe60
01-06-2012, 12:04 AM
This thread is glorious.

I strongly disagree.

Poet
01-06-2012, 12:05 AM
I strongly disagree.

Cemented it. :eek:

chazoe60
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Cemented it. :eek:

Don't piss me off!

underrated29
01-06-2012, 12:12 AM
tebow had one win his rookie year, esse. . . :listen:

Until he plays 16 games hes a rookie. Just like hockey. Only hockey I think its 20 games.

Orton does exactly what you are not complaining about. Completing 11-16 passes instead of 2-16. Dont know who told you he is not a real QB cuz he is. He just sucks fat testicles at being one. Reality.

The playcalling is so far up someones ass you have to be on OaklandRaiders level not to see it. I dont give a rats ass about how many completions tebow makes, if wr drop the balls or if tebow completes them to the guy in section 10 row 50.

When the defense is calling out our plays and knows what is coming, IT SUCKS ASS!!!

I know how about on 3rd and less than 1, we run a toss play. Or on first and 10 from our own half yard line we run our slowest developing trap play, when we have arguably the NFL strongest and hardest running QB. I think that is brilliant!

I retract my statement. Those were terriffic plays called. So is 3 drives of consecutive runs. The defense will NEVER expect that. We will catch them so off guard with their 9 in the box. They will never suspect mcgahee off right guard.

When Mccoy calls plays like tebow throws footballs. I am going to bitch and moan like I have for the past 3 years.

*edit- I left out the part about Eric Decker was quoted today in the posts article about calling out the playcalling and being predictable. Our own effing players are saying it. Mccoy sucks!

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000/situational?year=2011

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Tebow has played like doggie-dodo at times, that's not up for debate.

The play calling is as big a problem as our QB's play.

jhildebrand
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
First Drive:
1. McGahee carry for 2 yards up the middle.
2. Ball from shotgun to left no gain.
3. Tebow from shotgun up the middle 6 yard gain.
4. Punt

2nd Drive:
1. Incomplete pass to Virgil Green-short
2. McGahee up the middle for 6 yards-Kuper breaks leg.
3. 3rd and 4-pass to Royal from empty backfield shotgun formation to left to Royal pass route short of the sticks pass incomplete
4. Punt after a Rosario false start penalty

3rd Drive:
1. McGahee run to right 2 yards.
2. Tebow pass to left to Larsen 7 yards. Larsen was in the backfield and stayed until the ball snapped.
3. 3rd and 1 and Beadles false start penalty
4. Tebow right end from shotgun gains 7 yards (note this came after finally passing and completing the pass)
5. McGahee run to the right 8 yards
6. McGahee up the middle 11 yards
7. McGahee Right guard 14 yards.
8. Lance Ball left end (WE CANNOT RUN TO THE LEFT) -3 yards
9. 2nd and 13: Tebow short pass to DT pushed out of bounds. 17 yards gain!
10. McGahee left tackle 1 yard gain (again this team cannot run to the left)
11. McGahee run right tackle 5 yards.
12. Tebow run to left from empty backfield shotgun formation. FUMBLE after 2 yard gain!

Our longest drive of the game came when Tebow completed a pass to Larsen and DT. Pure coincidence? Tebow was 2 of 4 at this point.

Next drive saw 2 passes. An incomplete short pass to DT. Next pass was to Decker on 3rd and 7. Decker ran a 5 yard route at sideline and pushed out of bounds Great play call. Throw to a wr short of the sticks and in a part of the field where the WR has little or no chance to make something happen. But hey this isn't on McCoy. This is on Tebow. It is Tebow's fault after running up the middle for 6 and 7 yard gains that McCoy calls a deep toss/sweep to JJ. Tebow is here, if nothing else, to pick up the 1 yard!

Perhaps on 3rd and 7 our play calls involve a route closer to the sticks! Just a thought :noidea:

Shall I continue?

camdisco24
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Tebow has played like doggie-dodo at times, that's not up for debate.

The play calling is as big a problem as our QB's play.

Exactly. Why can't it be a two way street?

It's not out of the question for both to suck. Is it?

BroncoBJ
01-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Did you know that we have a playoff game this week?

broncosfannum24
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
It would be nice to have positive thoughts about our qb before our first playoff game in years , its bad enough other people around the league is taking shots at him but for his own fan (just broncos not florida) to bring this up, MO this thread just makes you come off as a negative person

dogfish
01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
This thread is glorious.

nobody kills joe, fatty. . .

HammeredOut
01-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Seeing our yardage go from 281 yards per game last season with Kyle Orton too, Tim Tebow and 123 yards a game in the air. It is a big difference. I actually wouldn't mind a Donovan McNabb to come into camp next season as a Free Agent. I think if we have a run game like we do this season, and draft a RB in the first round next season, our Broncos team might contend again next season.

Is a player going on 36 like McNabb a good mentor and/or starter for the Broncos and Tebow. If we are asking McNabb to hand the ball off 75% of the time, the accuracy would be around the same as it always been.

If we are not drafting a QB in the First Round then we should pick up Monte Bell or a Lamar Miller, hopefully Monte Bell. That would call for the release of No-Show Moreno most likely. I hope this run game gets reloaded at draft time. They need somebody soon before McGahee gets all used up. Even if the Broncos waited and picked up LaMicheal James in the 2nd or 3rd, the Broncos could run those option screens with somebody fresh out of college who just finished a season full of those plays. Aside, if we don't pick up a Vet QB, then atleast give us a FLorida style offense. Tebow would have his another weapon like Percy Harvin when he was even more successful.

BORDERLINE
01-06-2012, 01:52 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!

we really are pumped up for this weekends game. The Broncos are playing right? Cuz the way we are talking about our QB and Our OC makes it look like we are in the running for LUCK.

We know Tebow is sucking at passing the ball right now. It might have to do with the playcalling or the reason we are being so conservative is because Tebow is sucking at this passing thing. All I know is last year and even at times like the MINN game he was able to make throws. It's in his arsenal. Why he hasn't shown in the past 2 weeks is beyond me. But I know it's there!!!

I Eat Staples
01-06-2012, 04:42 AM

Did you know that had we not hired McDaniels we would have not traded Cutler therefore we would have not drafted Tebow therefore we would never have to worry about threads like this. Meanwhile we'd be winning our division with 10+ wins every year and now that our defense looks even decent we would have probably been making a run at a 1st round bye.

It's like one of those cable commercials. Don't end up last in the NFL in passing. Don't hire Josh McDaniels.

Locnar
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
And this years award for most negative nancy goes to....

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Of course this begs the question, although no one wants to think about this because it's easier just to bash McCoy, in what situation can he call a pass?

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 08:53 AM

god your needy :laugh:

claymore
01-06-2012, 08:56 AM
YOU DONT WANT TO FACE REALITY! The reality is that Tim Tebow is a GAMER, a BALLER, a PLAYMAKER, and a SHOT CALLER. All Tim Tebow does is WIN FOOTBALL GAMES I don't think you understand that!!!!! TIM TEBOW IS GOING TO PROVE ALL THE HATERS WRONG ON SUNDAY WHEN HE LIGHTS UP THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS IN AN 13-10 OVERTIME DENVER BRONCOS WIN OVER THE STEELERS, COMPLETING AN INCREDIBLE 35% OF HIS PASSES. You just don't understand Tim Tebow's INTANGIBLES! You see, Tim Tebow couldn't win the last three games because he was saving his energy for a playoff run. Tim Tebow knew that GOD would get him into the playoffs no matter how poorly he played so he just wasn't himself the last three games but now that it matters Tim Tebow is going to just win football games again.

...It's going to be a long offseason hearing about Elway and Tebow every day in free agency and the draft at least once an hour on every NFL show.

We are in the playoffs because the raiders lost. All orton did was win too. :rolleyes:

claymore
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Of course this begs the question, although no one wants to think about this because it's easier just to bash McCoy, in what situation can he call a pass?

Everyone forgets that this is the playcalling everyone wanted. They, we, me wanted McCoy to play to Tebow's strengths. Its the only thing keeping us in games agains bad teams with losing records.

The truth is that Tebow has one skill, running. His throwing skills are on level with an emergencey QB. Ive seen much better throws on trick plays from Ladanian Tomlinson.

No one wants the truth Mo. Tebow has brought a false sense of hope to the masses. He is the Obama of the NFL.

Elevation inc
01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
oh and a interview with mccoy by the DP.....

he specifically stated protection breakdown, wrong routes being run and poor execution as big factors the last 2 weeks, and also mentioned he could do better, and its not just tebows fault its a team thing

camdisco24
01-06-2012, 09:03 AM
We are in the playoffs because the raiders lost. All orton did was win too. :rolleyes:

Yeah because our 8 wins don't count! That Raiders losing is the only reason we're in.

chazoe60
01-06-2012, 09:07 AM

You could just as easily say we're only in because of the 15 point comeback against the Dolphins.

We're in because of OUR wins just as much as anyone else's losses.

Chef Zambini
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes Tebow has been limiting our passing game but McCoy is limiting it also. How many 3&out series have we seen go run left, run right, QB draw?

McCoy is not innocent in our offenses struggles.the only thing we do well with any consistency is run the ball. a PUNT is a highlight for our offensive series! the other option is a turnover.
fumblesd and sacks, we have more of those than completions and you want mccoy to call for more passes?
some folks are just dillusional.

claymore
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah because our 8 wins don't count! That Raiders losing is the only reason we're in.

You could just as easily say we're only in because of the 15 point comeback against the Dolphins.

We're in because of OUR wins just as much as anyone else's losses.
We owe alot to Prater. I will concede that.

underrated29
01-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I made this in another thread and don't want to type it all out again. ESP on my retarded phone but a good pass?

PA BOOT. With the de not crashing down the pa boot will get the lb and safteys moving. Tebow will still have plenty of time as the de will not be in his face as they are not rushing the passer as much, since they are playing contain

Thnikkaman
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
the only thing we do well with any consistency is run the ball. a PUNT is a highlight for our offensive series! the other option is a turnover.
fumblesd and sacks, we have more of those than completions and you want mccoy to call for more passes?
some folks are just dillusional.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/939671/1_medium.gif

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Man I'm going to miss Mark Jackson on NBA broadcasts...

Hand down, man down.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Yahoo sports has some interesting statistics. Tebow's numbers when throwing middle, right or left are quite good, while throwing wide right and wide left, well, suck. Funny thing is, those wide throws make up over 60% of his passes. Compare that to Big Ben, who attempts those wide throws to either side only 37% of the time, and even his % numbers are greatly reduced compared to the middle/right/left of the field. Same outcome with Brady.

Play calling? Tebow? That's up for debate. I'd guess it leans more toward play calling though.

Tebow: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000/situational;_ylt=Ah4zjAZXxmqTbNLfpu.SbHP.uLYF

Big Ben: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=A2KLOzLVFwdPKyEAxlFNbK5_

Tom Brady: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/situational;_ylt=Ah4zjAZXxmqTbNLfpu.SbHP.uLYF

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
No Nut not sure.

what I mean is that the images (letters, logos, etc.) are larger than I would like. i can't seem to find the app. any suggestions?

Thnikkaman
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I didn't know that. Mo, computer quesition. my screen is too big. How do I get the content down to size? Do you know what I mean?

Nut, you may need to change your resolution size to a higher resolution. Are you using windows XP or Windows 7? Also, is this problem in every program you use or just your web browser?

claymore
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
what I mean is that the images (letters, logos, etc.) are larger than I would like. i can't seem to find the app. any suggestions?

Turn it off and throw it in the ocean faggot.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Nut, you may need to change your resolution size to a higher resolution. Are you using windows XP or Windows 7? Also, is this problem in every program you use or just your web browser?

Please take this crap to another thread. I'm trying to argue with Mo.

tia

PatriotsGuy
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
hold CTRL and hit the minus key nut

Thnikkaman
01-06-2012, 11:19 AM

If its just in a web browser, hit Ctrl+0 (zero, not O)

ShooterJM
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
It's game week.

But if you've got spare time, I'd be interested to see the objective breakdown of Tebow Vs Chiefs Defense and Rogers vs Chiefs Defense.

BroncoNut
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM

thanks Tink. I will address this when I am in front of the computer again. I may request further counsel. Oh, and sorry Joe

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
It's game week.

But if you've got spare time, I'd be interested to see the objective breakdown of Tebow Vs Chiefs Defense and Rogers vs Chiefs Defense.

I had the same thought, and went through the game log.

Got interrupted a couple times, but I think I got the calculations right.

On 1st & 2nd down, prior to Green Bay's last drive in which the Chiefs went into a prevent D (up by more than one score and time running low), Rogers was 8 of 19.

Including the last drive (he went 5/6 on 1st and 2nd down) he was 13/25 on 1st and 2nd down in the game.

Overall he was 17/35.

He also had a fumble on a 1st down play in the 1st quarter that is not included above because it didn't result in a pass attempt, but it was a passing play.

Obviously the numbers are better than Tebow, but I think we'd all expect that.

The point would be that Rogers, who is one of the top two names for MVP struggled quite a bit against the Chiefs, and was much worse on 1st and 2nd down against the Chiefs than he was on 3rd down. . . especially through the 1st three quarters.

My own thoughts are that there are multiple factors at work, and the blame probably needs to be spread around.

I have some questions about the play calling. Particularly, why we go away from passing even after good starts early in the games against Buffalo & New England.

I do think that part of the problem is Tebow, and part of the problem is possibly the routes receivers are runnng and/or able to run vs. what the defense is doing at different points.

Tebow starting 2/13 or whatever the number is in the Chiefs game is a pretty good reason as to what our playcalling was in that game, but it doesn't explain going away from the pass in other games where Tebow was hitting his receivers.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM

McCoy is not innocent in our offenses struggles.
At least the clock is running the whole time vs 35 sec drives or pik6's.

rcsodak
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM

What a #1 run game and improved defense wont do, eh?

underrated29
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
What a #1 run game and improved defense wont do, eh?

Its funny how the run game went for worst in the league 3 years in a row with the real QB and the defense went from the worst in the league 2 years in a row to #1 rushing team in the league and middle of the pack defensively only when tebow took over.

It did not happen before then, not even close.

Orton had at one time one of the best defenses when nolan was here and he didnt make the playoffs or went 8-8 while playing the entire season. Tebow did the same with a worse defense while playing in like 9 games.

Its funny how one player at the most important position in football can have such a big impact.

With orton, the team sucked, faded and withered
With Tebow, the team stormed, improved to #1 rushing and the defense became decent.

slim
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Holy shit, Mo.

jhildebrand
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Its funny how the run game went for worst in the league 3 years in a row with the real QB and the defense went from the worst in the league 2 years in a row to #1 rushing team in the league and middle of the pack defensively only when tebow took over.

Orton had at one time one of the best defenses when nolan was here and he didnt make the playoffs or went 8-8 while playing the entire season. Tebow did the same with a worse defense while playing in like 9 games.

Its funny how one player at the most important position in football can have such a big impact.

With Tebow, the team stormed, improved to #1 rushing and the defense became decent.

But U29, you are looking at this all wrong!

When we had Orton this team averaged 281 yards passing! nevermind the losses. We could pass the ball especially in garbage time.

:lol:

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I think it's funny when someone posts some obscure stat that is refuted, or at least explained, the thread dies.

jhildebrand
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Haters wanna hate.

Lovers wanna love.

Plain and simple.

slim
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I think it's funny when someone posts some obscure stat that is refuted, or at least explained, the thread dies.

You have made the midget look silly.

:salute:

Thnikkaman
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Haters wanna hate.

Lovers wanna love.

Plain and simple.

Phillip Rivers wanna whine.

MOtorboat
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
You have made the midget look silly.

:salute:

The only thing that is silly is Tebow's throwing motion.

/burn

I'll check out your stats when I get a chance Joe.

slim
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
The only thing that is silly is Tebow's throwing motion.

/burn

I'll check out your stats when I get a chance Joe.

I am happy we are playing this weekend.

Nothing is going to bring me down....not you, not Merril Hoge....nothing.

broncosfannum24
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
If we end up beating the Steelers, MO is gonna be the first one to say we wont win next week lol

NightTerror218
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM
If we end up beating the Steelers, MO is gonna be the first one to say we wont win next week lol

depends who we play, RCS or SOCAL could beat him to punch.

slim
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I am happy we are playing this weekend.

Nothing is going to bring me down....not you, not Merril Hoge....nothing.

OK, this brings me down a little bit: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336286&referrerid=266

BroncoJoe
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
OK, this brings me down a little bit: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336286&referrerid=266

hang tight, slim. It appears it is a false report.

slim
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
hang tight, slim. It appears it is a false report.

Yes, it does seem it was false.

Thank you for being my rock, Joe.

weazel
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM

I didn't.

I see what you're doing, Mo :laugh:

weazel
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM

LMFAO :laugh:

BroncoNut
01-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Windows 7. I tried the zero and control and also Pags' suggestion, but didn't really do the trick. It's a resolution issue I believe

DenBronx
01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
If we had Aaron Rogers as our QB we would still have fans bitching about his haircut.

MOtorboat
01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I would much rather have a situation where people didn't like the quarterbacks haircut vs. a a situation where the quarterback is performing completely sub par. But, hey that's me. As been evidenced on this board, most people are completely content with shitty quarterback play.

:whoknows:

DenBronx
01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I would much rather have a situation where people didn't like the quarterbacks haircut vs. a a situation where the quarterback is performing completely sub par. But, hey that's me. As been evidenced on this board, most people are completely content with shitty quarterback play.

Nope, not content with it.

I had zero control over us trading Jay Cutler otherwise we wouldn't have this problem today.

But damn MO.....just damn!!! You're the dad that tells their kids that there is no Santa on Christmas eve. Timing dude...timing. We havent been to the playoffs in 6 years and I'm glad we're in no matter how we got here.

BroncoJoe
01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't think anyone is content that isn't a Tboi. Just a little tired of the constant bashing of a player who played a large role in getting us to the playoffs for the first time since before this board even existed. We can all agree he needs work. That isnt new information and has been true since before he was drafted.

broncobryce
01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
This thread is glorious.

How does his **** taste?

MOtorboat
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Apparently even mentioning that you're tired of people complaining about the play calling is against the rules.

iLands
01-07-2012, 10:44 PM
First offensive play of the game will be a deep and completed Tebow pass.

All our collective heads will explode when it isn't run, run, pass, punt.

Nomad
01-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Looks like Vincent Schiavelli's (Mr Vargas) younger brother with no hair.

Poet
01-07-2012, 11:04 PM
How does his **** taste?

You would have to pull it out of your ass for me to know.

BroncoNut
01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
^ eeewww King. that's nasty

Poet
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
^ eeewww King. that's nasty

Bryce is an easy lay I guess. The boys love him. Don't judge him because he needs men to pound his fartbox.

Joel
01-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Did you know KC is ranked 6th in the League against the pass? Did you know it's a bad idea to judge ANY players career (QB or not) based on the worst game of that career? Did you know every passer in NFL history is a scrub if you do that? Did you know more passers share the record for 6 Ints in a game than share the record for 6 TDs in a game--and that several share BOTH records?

"Dog don't hunt no mo," indeed; no dog's ever hunted skeet. :tongue:

By the standard you seem to be floating of "what's his completion percentage?" Orton was not only a real QB, but a very good one. When he WAS the QB we spent 2.5 years with people demanding to know "WHAT GOOD IS COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IF WE AREN'T WINNING GAMES111" Now it's the flip side: What harm is completion percentage if we ARE winning games? Obviously, we haven't done that the past few weeks, and against KC a lot of that was on Tebow, but it's the same old thing: If we can't declare him the franchise QB after just 6 straight wins, we can't declare him a bust after just a couple losses. I'd say the 6 wins carry a bit more weight than the 2 losses. About three times as much, if I had to guess. ;) Take his whole 7-4 season; the wins should still have about twice the weight of the losses, but neither is enough data to say whether he'll be a Hall of Famer, out of the League in 2 years or (far more likely) somewhere between the two.

Everyone forgets that this is the playcalling everyone wanted. They, we, me wanted McCoy to play to Tebow's strengths. Its the only thing keeping us in games agains bad teams with losing records.
What you mean we, paleface? "Hybrid QB" means just that; a QB who runs without ever throwing isn't a hybrid, he's a freak. Fortunately, that's not what Tebow really is.

The truth is that Tebow has one skill, running. His throwing skills are on level with an emergencey QB. Ive seen much better throws on trick plays from Ladanian Tomlinson.
Factually untrue. He has limitations, and definitely needs work reading Ds, spotting and anticipating brief narrow windows and getting through progressions at game speed; at this point, he also needs a big shot of confidence. Until two weeks ago he did a great job protecting the ball, but the caution that was once a virtue has turned to paranoia that's a definite vice since the whole team melted down in the 2nd quarter against NE. The biggest reason I'm pessimistic about tomorrow is that after that game we stopped playing the defiant football that won us 7 games and started playing DESPERATE footbal that's lost us 3.

However, Tebow can and has made very accurate throws, often into very tight windows, whether anyone wants to notice them or not. He gets through progressions (at least when they involve >2 receivers; not much to "progress" through otherwise,) but it takes him more like 6 or 7 seconds than 4 or 5, and that's obviously too long; it has to improve. He can get the ball way downfield, and makes good decisions when he MAKES them rather than overthinking them. He's not perfect but not putrid either, and those insisting either have become VERY tiresome.

No one wants the truth Mo. Tebow has brought a false sense of hope to the masses. He is the Obama of the NFL.
Sorry, I thought this was Broncos Talk, not P&R; could you point me toward the football part of the forum? The liberal media is not out to get Tebow; they are also not out to sell him (for one thing, they don't exist. ;))

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Tebow has not made very few accurate throws, that's why it IS important to look at his completion percentage, and why that it is a relevant stat, because it's so bad. Maybe he fit one or two passes into tight windows. That doesn't mean he can do it repeatedly, because after an entire season we've already seen that he can't.

Joel
01-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Tebow has not made very few accurate throws, that's why it IS important to look at his completion percentage, and why that it is a relevant stat, because it's so bad. Maybe he fit one or two passes into tight windows. That doesn't mean he can do it repeatedly, because after an entire season we've already seen that he can't.
You're right, he has NOT made very few accurate throws: He's made many. We can debate that, but if we do we're clearly not seeing the same things, and neither of us will convince the other they're blind. Proof's in the pudding; the important thing is what he does tomorrow and over the course of the next season. Whichever of us is more right about this season is ultimately no more than an educated guess at that.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Proof is in the pudding. 6 for 22. That's an actual NFL quarterback stat.

Congrats for catching me in a grammatical error, though...

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 01:00 AM
My point is, if you throw an accurate pass, it doesn't make you an accurate passer. It's a body of work. And the body of work shows he can't consistently make the throws.

Being a good NFL quarterback is about good reads, trusting those reads and consistency. Through 11 games, Tebow has shown none of these qualities.

weazel
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
My point is, if you throw an accurate pass, it doesn't make you an accurate passer. It's a body of work. And the body of work shows he can't consistently make the throws.

Being a good NFL quarterback is about good reads, trusting those reads and consistency. Through 11 games, Tebow has shown none of these qualities.

but he can pray like a mother******!

Chef Zambini
01-08-2012, 11:19 AM

With Tebow, the team stormed, improved to #1 rushing and the defense became decent.I would argue thaT THE offensive commitment to run ther ball made thre big difference, allowing our D time on the sideline to rest !
noit tebow, per se, but the constant rush attack.

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I would argue thaT THE offensive commitment to run ther ball made thre big difference, allowing our D time on the sideline to rest !
noit tebow, per se, but the constant rush attack.

Yep. I'm sure Tebow's 600 rushing yards have nothing to do with it.

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
You would have to pull it out of your ass for me to know.

Right. You're the one rubbing his shoulders cheering him on like a cheerleader. Keep blowing each other, butt buddy's are butt buddies, none of my business.

Poet
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Right. You're the one rubbing his shoulders cheering him on like a cheerleader. Keep blowing each other, butt buddy's are butt buddies, none of my business.

So is your purpose here to be a stupid fan who gets embarrassed when they post their shitty thoughts and opinions? It was actually a joke and everyone else BUT you figured that out. But it's fine, you're pretty retarded, I can't hold your stupidity against you.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Yahoo sports has some interesting statistics. Tebow's numbers when throwing middle, right or left are quite good, while throwing wide right and wide left, well, suck. Funny thing is, those wide throws make up over 60% of his passes. Compare that to Big Ben, who attempts those wide throws to either side only 37% of the time, and even his % numbers are greatly reduced compared to the middle/right/left of the field. Same outcome with Brady.

Play calling? Tebow? That's up for debate. I'd guess it leans more toward play calling though.

Tebow: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000/situational;_ylt=Ah4zjAZXxmqTbNLfpu.SbHP.uLYF

Big Ben: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/situational;_ylt=A2KLOzLVFwdPKyEAxlFNbK5_

Tom Brady: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/situational;_ylt=Ah4zjAZXxmqTbNLfpu.SbHP.uLYF

I forgot to take a look at this. It's hard to tell why those wide throws are so high. Is it because Tebow WON'T throw over the middle or because he's not ASKED to throw over the middle. That's something we can't answer, although watching him hesitate makes me believe it's that he won't.

Now, my original premise was to refute the idea that calling more passes on earlier downs will solve the problem of third and longs. I believe it will only make it worse. If you look at those same breakdowns, Brady completes 68 and 67 percent of his first and second down passes, respectively. Roethlisberger completes 64 and 63. Tebow? 48 and 47.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have the number one rushing attack in the league. Now, as a coach, faced with those two stats, run it, or pass it on first down?

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I forgot to take a look at this. It's hard to tell why those wide throws are so high. Is it because Tebow WON'T throw over the middle or because he's not ASKED to throw over the middle. That's something we can't answer, although watching him hesitate makes me believe it's that he won't.

Now, my original premise was to refute the idea that calling more passes on earlier downs will solve the problem of third and longs. I believe it will only make it worse. If you look at those same breakdowns, Brady completes 68 and 67 percent of his first and second down passes, respectively. Roethlisberger completes 64 and 63. Tebow? 48 and 47.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have the number one rushing attack in the league. Now, as a coach, faced with those two stats, run it, or pass it on first down?

I don't disagree, however based on what I've read on this and other sites is that Tebow locks onto his primary receiver and lacks the ability to scan the field. Can't have it both ways. 60%+ to the wide routes is too high - whether it's Tebow's fault or play calling. It doesn't matter what down it is if that's the play being called.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't disagree, however based on what I've read on this and other sites is that Tebow locks onto his primary receiver and lacks the ability to scan the field. Can't have it both ways. 60%+ to the wide routes is too high - whether it's Tebow's fault or play calling. It doesn't matter what down it is if that's the play being called.

So, even if it is Tebow's fault, it's still actually the playcalling's fault? I guess I don't understand your last sentence, Joe.

He does lock on, and it looked like it was getting a little better and he has regressed terribly.

FlyByU
01-08-2012, 03:11 PM

:laugh: Tebow isn't playing like Manning, Brady, Brees etc in his whole 14 games as a pro just :laugh:

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
So, even if it is Tebow's fault, it's still actually the playcalling's fault? I guess I don't understand your last sentence, Joe.

He does lock on, and it looked like it was getting a little better and he has regressed terribly.

My point is, many say Tebow can only look for the primary receiver. If that primary receiver is running a route to the wide left or right, that isn't the strength of very many QB's. Much better odds to the short right or left, or middle. If 60%+ of his passes are a wide route, than it's safe to assume that is where the primary receiver is going regardless of whether it's first or second down, thus could be a reason his completion % sucks. (note the statement "A reason" and not "THE" reason)

Again - I clearly stated whether it is the play calling or Tebow is debatable. I happen to lean toward play calling. Those percentages are too high.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 03:20 PM
My point is, many say Tebow can only look for the primary receiver. If that primary receiver is running a route to the wide left or right, that isn't the strength of very many QB's. Much better odds to the short right or left, or middle. If 60%+ of his passes are a wide route, than it's safe to assume that is where the primary receiver is going regardless of whether it's first or second down, thus could be a reason his completion % sucks. (note the statement "A reason" and not "THE" reason)

Again - I clearly stated whether it is the play calling or Tebow is debatable. I happen to lean toward play calling. Those percentages are too high.

And I lean towards Tebow being the problem, because I'm watching receivers run across the middle and Tebow not throwing the ball, and not even checking down, but throwing it away with two open receivers.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
And I lean towards Tebow being the problem, because I'm watching receivers run across the middle and Tebow not throwing the ball, and not even checking down, but throwing it away with two open receivers.

Fair enough. I've seen that too, but not nearly as often as some people state/believe.

Joel
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Throwing many accurate passes does not, in itself, make a great passer either. In another thread I noted (or rather, reiterated The Hidden Game of Football noting) that Tommy O'Connell and Milt Plum both won NFL passing titles flipping balls to Jim Brown near (or behind) the line then watching him knock people down on the way to the end zone; didn't make them great passers.

Like you said, it's about the body of work; 11 games, or even 14, is a rather emaciated body. I agree completely on consistency; the problem is Tebow has been sometimes good, sometimes bad and usually mediocre. He can't keep the starting job unless that changes, but he's shown enough good things to earn the opportunity to demonstrate that change.

It's on him to do it, but he hasn't been all good or bad: He hasn't been consistently ANYTHING, so has yet to determine his long term norm. Once he does that we'll know whether he's our long term QB.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
OK. Bring it. Hate me.

Yell. Scream. Call me an idiot.

And I will LOVE every second of it.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
OK. Bring it. Hate me.

Nah. You'll come around before too long.

Joel
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
OK. Bring it. Hate me.

I see your game now: If you're right, you're a genius, and if you're wrong you won't care because we're winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

STILL too soon to tell what we've really got at QB long term, but I'd say he bounced back pretty freakin' good today. ;) In line with previous dicussion: Tebow had more yards and twice as many TDs as Roethlisberger on about half as many passes. He also had no turnovers, while Big Bens gave us a critical first half FG. I'll take those things in exchange for Tebow completing a mere 10/21 passes compared to Roethlisbergers 22/40. Yeah, Roethlisberger had more completions than Tebow had ATTEMPTS, but who passed better? 15 YPA; that's superhuman.

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I see your game now: If you're right, you're a genius, and if you're wrong you won't care because we're winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

STILL too soon to tell what we've really got at QB long term, but I'd say he bounced back pretty freakin' good today. ;) In line with previous dicussion: Tebow had more yards and twice as many TDs as Roethlisberger on about half as many passes. He also had no turnovers, while Big Bens gave us a critical first half FG. I'll take those things in exchange for Tebow completing a mere 10/21 passes compared to Roethlisbergers 22/40. Yeah, Roethlisberger had more completions than Tebow had ATTEMPTS, but who passed better? 15 YPA; that's superhuman.

Don't worry, he'll be back to talking tons of shit about the broncos QB before long. Probably by the end of the week.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, he'll be back to talking tons of shit about the broncos QB before long. Probably by the end of the week.

Wow, you're a douche.

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Love ya MO

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Love ya MO

Watching the end of the game again and listening to Sandy. He's going nuts. It's great.

topscribe
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I'll have to admit: It's days such as this that will make me feel much better about the team's jettisoning Orton . . .

Nomad
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Love ya MO

MO seems like a great guy....all I got to offer him is a fishing trip up here in Alaska. I hope one day to be at a game to meet you all.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
MO seems like a great guy....all I got to offer him is a fishing trip up here in Alaska. I hope one day to be at a game to meet you all.

You will be at the next tailgate.

:jedimindtrick:

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Mo, I like you. I think you're a great guy. Just think you get in over your head sometimes. (npi)

MOtorboat
01-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm always in over my head nut.

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm always in over my head nut.

I think you are smart. I think you are cool. I enjoy you. But choose your battles more carefully please. Joel isn't to be messed with.

chazoe60
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I still love ya MO, or is it loathe ya? Oh well, it's one of those. ;)

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Mo, we rarely agree, but at the end of the day, I know you're happy about the Broncos winning. That's all that matters. You don't let your opinions get in the way of your support for the team! :beer:

BroncoNut
01-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I like Mo's take on the game. I think he's a bit quick to judge though. Seems to lack the necessary patience sometimes. He's also rather grandiose on some things. Pretty harmless character faults really, that's just my take of course.

slim
01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Nice thread, dipshit.

:welcome:

Nomad
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Looks like first quarter stats.

What's with the dog head in your avi?!?

Dapper Dan
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
1-1 80 yards 1 TD.

Tim Tebow's stats on first down throws in OT of the Steelers/Broncos Game.

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Watching the end of the game again and listening to Sandy. He's going nuts. It's great.

I missed good ol clough. What did he have to rant about?