PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller's injury limits Broncos' defense

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome back, and today's question comes from Scott W. in Steamboat Springs:

Q: It seems to me that since (linebacker) Von Miller has been injured, the defense, especially the pass rush, has not been as dynamic. What is his status for Sunday and what are your thoughts on his injury?

A: Scott, Miller will certainly play Sunday.

But since Miller suffered his right thumb injury Nov. 27 — he had surgery the following week to repair significant ligament damage — he and the defense have been forced into some adjustments.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19684100

Tebowtime2011
01-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Really true and to disrupt that steeler deadly passing game we need him and dumervil to be healthy and have one hell of a game at that becuz our corners are getting old I mean champ bailey is still pretty good but andre goodman is someone I don't trust to have a good game and brian dawkins probably isn't going to play so broncos really need von miller to be a factor

Joel
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I dunno; with Pouncey and Dawk out, maybe we should just send Carter up the middle every down and hope he either gets a sack, draws blockers or finds a run up the middle on most of them. He's useless in pass coverage, which the Steelers will exploit whether he plays (sort of) in position or not, so we might as well try to get some use out of him and maybe draw some blockers away from Doom and Miller. Saw someone here yesterday claiming Pitts tackles aren't great; hope that's true, 'cos, much as I prefer coverage to blitzing, if you CAN'T cover you MUST blitz.

DenBronx
01-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I really think the KC and Bills game would have been much differant if V. Miller would have been healthy. He has been invisible since he got the cast put on.

Does anyone know when he will get it off? I heard he went to a differant cast a couple of weeks ago but just not sure when he gets it off.

BroncoWave
01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I really think the KC and Bills game would have been much differant if V. Miller would have been healthy. He has been invisible since he got the cast put on.

Does anyone know when he will get it off? I heard he went to a differant cast a couple of weeks ago but just not sure when he gets it off.

It will be on the rest of the season, even if we were to make the super bowl. Kinda sad, probably means he'll skip out on the pro bowl. Would have been fun to see him in it.