PDA

View Full Version : Bertrand Berry

Tebow4Ever
02-21-2009, 10:16 AM
I havent heard or seen much about the possibility of Denver having any desire for this guy. He has done a decent job with Arizona when healthy. Consistently being a force in their defensive line. I do see the downside that he is a little older, 33 I believe. But all the hype about Albert Haynsworth I think is going to fall through. In my opinion, this is another guy that may be a solid choice. Thoughts?

gobroncsnv
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
BB is not the anchor in the middle we need the most... He's a DE. Our problem is mostly right up front and center. Average at best at DT, lousy at ILB. A combination that proved out with our defensive stats.
I think Berry is more of a 4-3 guy, not someone to anchor the edge of the line in a 3-4.

rcsodak
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Denver usually doesn't bring back ex-broncos........

Gold is the only one I know of.

fcspikeit
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Denver usually doesn't bring back ex-broncos........

Gold is the only one I know of.

Aren't you forgetting about how many times the Musterd got cut?

It's hard to cut a guy that many times without first bringing him back :D

Also, we brought back Bell and didn't we also bring back Putzier?

rcsodak
02-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Aren't you forgetting about how many times the Musterd got cut?

Mustard doesn't count...as that was all game-planning, in-season.

But you're right about Bell...though it was mainly out of desparation. And Putz? I guess we'll see about him, right?

DenBronx
02-21-2009, 07:07 PM
berry still has a few years left and should come at a decent price. if were going lb in round 1 and dt in round 2 or 3 then this would be a smart signing. i say bring him back.

Grover
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Shannon Sharpe left the Broncos for the Ravens for a couple of years, then came back.
I know that Blue Run guy said we might be interested in Bertrand Berry when he was posting all that supposed insider info on our coaching search, but I'd be way surprised to see it happen.

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Aren't you forgetting about how many times WE CUT the Mustard?

Edited for accuracy

TXBRONC
02-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I havent heard or seen much about the possibility of Denver having any desire for this guy. He has done a decent job with Arizona when healthy. Consistently being a force in their defensive line. I do see the downside that he is a little older, 33 I believe. But all the hype about Albert Haynsworth I think is going to fall through. In my opinion, this is another guy that may be a solid choice. Thoughts?

Besides being 33 years old I'm not sure he would be a good fit for 3-4 defense.

horsepig
02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I agree with Joe Collier, you don't have to have specific, "formula" players at every position to be effective in a 34. What you need, is what you always need; hard hitters, go-getters that want to be the best and win.

Superchop 7
02-22-2009, 03:31 AM
You want a 3-4 ?

Start with Grady Jackson and James L.

fcspikeit
02-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Mustard doesn't count...as that was all game-planning, in-season.

But you're right about Bell...though it was mainly out of desparation. And Putz? I guess we'll see about him, right?

He's still on the roster, I thought I remembered reading we picked him back up last year... IIRC it was right after Jackson was put on IR.. He is an Idaho boy.. I thought he played well when we had him the first time. I don't think he even played in a game after we brought him back?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-22-2009, 12:06 PM
eh

frauschieze
02-22-2009, 12:32 PM
He's still on the roster, I thought I remembered reading we picked him back up last year... IIRC it was right after Jackson was put on IR.. He is an Idaho boy.. I thought he played well when we had him the first time. I don't think he even played in a game after we brought him back?

Pretty sure Putz is a free agent, having just signed a deal for the remainder of the 2008 season.