PDA

View Full Version : Keys to a win vs. Pittsburgh

Tebowfan2
01-05-2012, 07:33 PM
The sweet smell of the AFC Wildcard playoffs.... on sunday were taking on Pittsburgh, these are some things we NEED to have in order to defeat Pittsburgh this sunday.

-Mccoy needs to start using the spread formation with more than five receiver sets!!!

-Tebow... is averaging 2 turnovers a game. The Broncos not only need to hold on to the ball, but they need to pressure ben into throwing INT's or Incompletion. They need to try to get turnovers. Creating more chances to score is always a great way to win a game.

-Ok, we know Steelers are a great defensive team. But their are some ways to get passed that. The Broncos need to get running with the ball relatively early in the game, and not give up many points right when the game starts. Not only does this help by conserving points for the Broncos, but it also can get the passing game into a rythm.

-Tim Tebow is a good scrambling QB, but sometimes he gets a little bit... lets say risky. When he scrambles, he needs to hold on to the ball, you never want a simple sack to take away a game winning field goal.

-Red Zone Offense. Ok.. Ok.. Field goals are good, but were playing the Steelers, not the colts! It might be more of a defensive game, but what really sucks is if the opposing team has an Offensive Breakout right at the end of the game, so getting those 6's, is important when in the Red Zone. No, were not waiting until the 4th to score points, getting points on the board early is a great way to get momentum up and be successful throughout the rest of the game.

What do you think the Broncos need to step up on, or avoid on Sundays game? What do you disagree on?

T.K.O.
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
First i think the better show up for the AFC wildcard game ,if they go to the NFC game other teams will be using the field.
also yes we need to ....
not turn the ball over
not get sacked and put out of fiels goal range
not let the steelers get a big lead (early or late)
and score a lot more than the 3 points they put up last week:D:salute:

MOtorboat
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I cringe when people think Denver needs to incorporate more NFL Spread.

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
STs needs to keep Pitt pinned back on every drive, not let Brown run big. STs scores would help. Defense getting scores will help also.

Offense needs to not turnover ball and play better all around, execution and play calling.

T.K.O.
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh....and Tebow will need to throw or run for at least 2 TD's
to go along with 2 other rushing TD's and about 2-3 FG's
do that...and the Broncos move on to Baltimore:salute:

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I cringe when people think Denver needs to incorporate more NFL Spread.

I would be happy with more formations that are no max protection when passing.

threefolddead
01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Heres a clue Tebow. When you have a perfect pocket and a guy wide open down the field HIT HIM. Don't run backwards when there is no pressure and turn a huge gain into a loss. The last few weeks have been painful to watch. Our offense is the weak link and it comes down to atrocious QB play. Receivers are getting open but Tebow is not giving them a chance to catch it, or even looking at them. You can blame it on play calling if you want but from what I've seen I feel the ball is safer in Mcgahees hands along with the chance to get a 1st down. 100 runs are not going to win us the ball game though. Gotta have a real QB on the field, not the fake we've been watching the past few weeks.

Tebowfan2
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Silly mistake :p

WTE
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Who's cool
Not a Nerd
Quit School
Without a Word?

Tebowfan2
01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Who's cool
Not a Nerd
Quit School
Without a Word?

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x390/ligerlovesllama/Cats/ihasafunny-confused-cat.jpg

WTE
01-05-2012, 09:23 PM
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x390/ligerlovesllama/Cats/ihasafunny-confused-cat.jpg

Ha Ha. Wrong a Mindo!

http://msp252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/MISSINGEAGLE/Fonzie.jpg

I Eat Staples
01-06-2012, 04:50 AM
I think we need to score more points than the Steelers.