PDA

View Full Version : Scheffler Recovering From E. coli

TXBRONC
02-21-2009, 12:27 AM
I really feel for this kid.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/20/broncos-report-scheffler-recovering-e-coli/

Broncos report: Scheffler recovering from E. coli
The Rocky
Published February 20, 2009 at 10 p.m.

Tony Scheffler's trip to the Pro Bowl to tag along with teammates Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler might have been memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Shortly after returning to Colorado, Scheffler fell ill and was admitted to a hospital. Testing revealed he had contracted E. Coli, bacteria that affects the lower intestines. The tight end might have contracted the bacteria during a visit to the Denver stock show, if not during his Hawaiian trek.

Scheffler was released after a three-day hospital stay and is returning to normal.

None of his teammates or family members was similarly affected.

ETC.: The Broncos are expected to meet with the agent for center Casey Wiegmann in the next 48 hours about a restructured contract. Wiegmann wants to play a couple of more seasons but is seeking a pay hike after a Pro Bowl season. He's slated to make $845,000 in base salary next season. . . . The Broncos aren't expected to retain many of their own free agents. But one player they're at least going to discuss bringing back is lineman Kenny Peterson, who at 6-3, 300 pounds can play defensive end in a three-man front

LordTrychon
02-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Here's to a quick recovery and a good offseason, Mr. Scheffler! :salute:

weazel
02-21-2009, 12:33 AM
oh man do I feel bad for him. I contracted E. Coli poisoning when I was 19 and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I lost 20+ pounds and literally could not do anything but hunch over in a ball without being in pain. The demerol and opium cocktail the hospital finally gave me made me feel a little better though! I still get sick and can no longer eat certain foods.

I contracted it from McDonalds, haven't been to one since.

In bad cases it can actually render your bowls useless and stop you from performing athletically

GEM
02-21-2009, 12:38 AM
oh man do I feel bad for him. I contracted E. Coli poisoning when I was 19 and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I lost 20+ pounds and literally could not do anything but hunch over in a ball without being in pain. The demerol and opium cocktail the hospital finally gave me made me feel a little better though! I still get sick and can no longer eat certain foods.

I contracted it from McDonalds, haven't been to one since.

In bad cases it can actually render your bowls useless and stop you from performing athletically

Bite your tongue!!

G_Money
02-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I can see the future.

Broncos Injury Report, June 24th, 2011:

Tony Scheffler is missing again from practice today, still suffering the after-effects of his bout with ebola. While on a goodwill tour of a local hospital, he contracted the rare disease apparently by shaking hands with a nun. Luckily he had immediate access to medical care and was able to survive and fully recover in time for the May walk-throughs.

Unfortunately, he tripped on his way out of the hospital after stubbing his toe on a crack and blew out his right PCL. He is expected to have fully recovered in time to start the season...

GEM
02-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I can see the future.

:yardog:

G_Money
02-21-2009, 01:02 AM
:yardog: to Scheffler's health woes.

He's a really talented kid.

I'd hate to see him try to continue a couple years from now with a peg-leg and some shark-bite scars to go with his machete wound and gout.

Dude needs to find out whoever has the voodoo doll of him and destroy the damn thing.

Now.

~G

NameUsedBefore
02-21-2009, 01:34 AM
:yardog: to Scheffler's health woes.

He's a really talented kid.

I'd hate to see him try to continue a couple years from now with a peg-leg and some shark-bite scars to go with his machete wound and gout.

Dude needs to find out whoever has the voodoo doll of him and destroy the damn thing.

Now.

~G

I'm not sure destroying your own voodoo doll is the best of ideas.

Superchop 7
02-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Two cells of E. coli were wandering slowly
Down the gastrointestinal tract.
An F+ was he, an F- was she,
And their membranes were bound to attract.

Now the dainty F- was born in a sinus
Where her members did seldom trespass,
But the brawnt F+ was spawned in some pus,
And produced both acid and gas.

A kiss he had stolen, down deep in the colon;
"Don't touch me", she said, "or I'll scream!
I have no protection, and an F+ infection
Would spoil my maidenly dream."

So the poor lonely fella withdrew his flagella
And worshipped her from afar;
"At least", he said, "wait, till I can mutate
And come back an HFR."

NameUsedBefore
02-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Two cells of E. coli were wandering slowly
Down the gastrointestinal tract.
An F+ was he, an F- was she,
And their membranes were bound to attract.

Now the dainty F- was born in a sinus
Where her members did seldom trespass,
But the brawnt F+ was spawned in some pus,
And produced both acid and gas.

A kiss he had stolen, down deep in the colon;
"Don't touch me", she said, "or I'll scream!
I have no protection, and an F+ infection
Would spoil my maidenly dream."

So the poor lonely fella withdrew his flagella
And worshipped her from afar;
"At least", he said, "wait, till I can mutate
And come back an HFR."

*golf clap*

Shazam!
02-21-2009, 01:47 AM
There is always something wrong with the guy...

oobehr
02-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Teach him to eat the stock show food.

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 02:15 AM
There is always something wrong with the guy...

cut him now and keep him away for the rest of the offensive side of the team.. to many black clouds swirling around his head..

Dean
02-21-2009, 07:46 AM

In bad cases, it can kill you.

dogfish
02-21-2009, 07:52 AM
geez! if he could catch a break as well as he catches the ball, he'd be in good shape. . . . who'd he kill in a past life?

dunk7
02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I actually ran into Scheffler at a hotel in Hawaii...I had to do a double take cause I expected him to be bigger (he seemed pretty thin). Hopefully we didn't eat at the same places

TXBRONC
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
geez! if he could catch a break as well as he catches the ball, he'd be in good shape. . . . who'd he kill in a past life?

I don't believe in luck good or bad but if you wanted to make an argument for bad luck exsisting Tony would end up being the poster child.

weazel
02-21-2009, 07:13 PM
In bad cases, it can kill you.

that would be in 'terrible' cases

Superchop 7
02-23-2009, 11:29 PM
In the words of "House MD"....

I can fix the "E Coli"

I can't fix your blocking.