PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal returns as Broncos prepare for Steelers

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Practice attendance improved slightly today for the Broncos, with starting wide receiver Eddie Royal returning to the field. Royal was held out of Wednesday's practice because of a toe injury.

That's the good news for the Broncos' offense and special teams.

The defense, however, is still without safety Brian Dawkins​, who is watching practice from the sideline for the fifth-consecutive session dating back to early last week. Dawkins has missed most or all of the past four games with a neck injury.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19681068

Northman
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Good, i hope they put him on return duties. We need some of his return magic come Sunday.

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Good, i hope they put him on return duties. We need some of his return magic come Sunday.

who is the new chick in your life (aka avatar)

Northman
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
who is the new chick in your life (aka avatar)

Riley Autumn. :D

Elevation inc
01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
i hope is our returner cause he dont do squat at WR....he contributes even more as a rusher than he does a WR right now....lol

I always liked eddie, even right out of draft day when i bought his jersey, and I thought he was always pretty classy but from a performance standpoint at his position it may be time to walk in FA

Elevation inc
01-05-2012, 05:48 PM

you and dog just love to tease...HAHAHA

Joel
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Hope he's "prepared" to use some of that blazing speed to get the :censored: OPEN. Any word on whether his hands are healed? I don't recall an injury, but the way he doesn't catch I can only assume they were both broken. :tsk:

Good returner though; just wish he could be a receiver, 'cos heaven knows we need one.

Preferred the last one; reminded me of... actually, never mind.... :redface:

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Royal and Willis I think need to step it up or be on the trade/chopping block. They have not been very productive.

silkamilkamonico
01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Willis is a very good special teams player, #4/5 WR. That is his role and I think it his fine.

But yea, Eddie Royal, good grief.

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Willis is a very good special teams player, #4/5 WR. That is his role and I think it his fine.

But yea, Eddie Royal, good grief.

IMO I think one could get replaced by new drafted WR/kick-punt returner or WR vet.

Neither have produced much on offense. But we could keep for STs if we weed out somewhere else.

Evo
01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Eddie played in college the same time I was there (Va Tech) and he did really well, not gonna lie he's part of why I became a Broncos fan because I wanted to follow a fellow Hokie into the pro's. I remember his first season or two hearing about how analysts thought he was "dangerous after the catch" meaning he was good at scrambling for those extra yards, but lately I just haven't seen much aside from a kick return that got called back.

I'm hoping he steps it up as well.

threefolddead
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Some good field position off kick returns would be welcome so let Eddie get after it and run it. If we could get a S/T TD that would be very helpful!