PDA

View Full Version : If Tebow & Broncos offense is struggling at the half, should Fox bench him? (Poll - guests can vote)

Tned
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Ok, so if the Broncos offense has another bad half, should Fox go to Brady Quinn or ride the horse that got them here?

GEM
01-05-2012, 12:55 PM
If we had a competent back up, I would be more inclined to say yes. We have Quinn so no.

Mike
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Nope. Sink or swim.

weazel
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
what Mike said... you have to live and die with the guy and move on next season ...please

RebelRocker
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
If we had a competent back up, I would be more inclined to say yes. We have Quinn so no.

6/22 60yards int. You think that's efficient?

rjent
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Nope, if we have learned anything, Tim and the team is not out of it until the last tick of the clock.

Keep him in, he and the team have earned it! :2thumbs:

Tned
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Nope. Sink or swim.

Yea, that's my thinking as well.

GEM
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM
6/22 60yards int. You think that's efficient?

The question is....do I think Quinn would do any better? The answer is no. They both suck.

chazoe60
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
It's so dependant on the situation.

If the game is 3-0 or 7-0 then no you keep Tim in and hope for the patented Tebow miracle finish.

If the game is 17-0 or 21-3 or something and Tim has missed open WR after open WR then yes, you try Quinn.

underrated29
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
You only learn by mistakes.

Before tebow started after the 1-4 record people were saying that if we win a few games, let alone won the division and got into the playoffs would be MORE then enough to let him learn and practice and develop.

Now we cant even get that from a lot of people. Yes, I know its just this game you are talking about, but why pull him, even if we had a backup like delhomey (their orignial intention). He needs to learn, to see the playoffs, to experience them. That can not be done when pulled.

Very Very very few Rookie QBs ever win their first playoff games...Sanchez, ben did....I dont think Ryan has or Flacco- Maybe flacco did? Dont remember.

Playoffs are a whole different animal and in order to surive them you need to play them.

Dzone
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
If we are getting killed and he is responsible then bench him..If it stays close, leave him in

vandammage13
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
If we've learned anything since Tebow took over, it's that you shouldn't count him out until the clock hits 0.

We got here with him, so lets ride the train til it stops.

TXBRONC
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
You dance with the one who brung you.

WIFan
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Maybe put Quinn in for the 2nd quarter...or play the game backwards.:)

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM

Maybe if they just killed as much of the clock during 2nd quarter so it doesn't bite them so hard in the ass later.

RebelRocker
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
The question is....do I think Quinn would do any better? The answer is no. They both suck.

ADAM WEBER FOR QB!!! They'll never see it coming!;)

GEM
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
ADAM WEBER FOR QB!!! They'll never see it coming!;)

:lol: That could make it interesting!!

vettesplus
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
why quinn? isnt there a 3rd qb on this sqaud? weber?

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
weber is not on roster, he is still practice squad.

Joel
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Um, no. If we had something more than Quinn or Weber ready to go, maybe I could understand. I still wouldn't AGREE; the playoff history of switching an uninjured starting QB for one who's NEVER started for you is not good. As it stands, however, Tebow will need the experience if he's our long term starter, and Sunday will probably be Quinns last game as a Bronco. Consequently, I don't see how any good could come of that switch. Unless you think Weber's "our guy" for the next decade, let Tebow finish what he's started.

Someone else observed that since the final five minutes is usually when he comes to life after playing badly the rest of the game, pulling him at half time is kinda the worst of both worlds. :tongue:

underrated29
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM

i SEe what you did there.

D1g1tal j1m
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
This will be a great learning experience for Tebow and the Broncos. Even if Tebow struggles and we lose, I know this will motivate him in the off-season.

So leave him in to take his lumps and if we lose, then work towards next year with Tebow as the starter.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Go to the qb who can make the throws. Brady Quinn.

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Ok, so if the Broncos offense has another bad half, should Fox go to Brady Quinn or ride the horse that got them here?

Why isnt weber listed?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Go to the qb who can make the throws. Brady Quinn.

when and where did he make throws? Which team was that?

No team that Started with a "B"

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Why isnt weber listed?

PRACTICE SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practice Squad
# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
97 Beal, Jeremy DE 6-3 276 24 R Oklahoma
16 Goodwin, D'Andre WR 5-11 188 24 R Washington
67 Grant, Adam T 6-6 325 25 R Arizona
84 Ingram, Cornelius TE 6-4 250 26 2 Florida
33 Omon, Xavier RB 5-11 227 26 3 Northwest Missouri State
14 Orton, Greg WR 6-3 199 25 R Purdue
93 Siliga, Sealver DT 6-2 307 21 R Utah
2 Weber, Adam QB 6-3 221 24 R Minnesota

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
when and where did he make throws? Which team was that?

No team that Started with a "B"

An tebow cant even make simple plays. Quinn is not grat but is more of an nfl qb than tebow is.

SOCALORADO.
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Elway is putting on the ol No. 7 again for this one.

Mike
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Elway is putting on the ol No. 7 again for this one.

Better that than Quinn, IMO. Hell, find Rod Smith.

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
an tebow cant even make simple plays. Quinn is not grat but is more of an nfl qb than tebow is.

apparently not since he is still sitting on bench.

Tned
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Why isnt weber listed?

Sorry, I thought guys that actually watched the games and followed the Broncos closely would be participating in the poll.

TXBRONC
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Why isnt weber listed?

He's not on the active roster.

Joel
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Move the game to Coors Field and let Tebow be our closer. :laugh: Maybe Woodley and Harrison will be so tired by the time Quinn hobbles off the field Tebow can run circles around them. :(

Better that than Quinn, IMO. Hell, find Rod Smith.
We DO need Rod. He was never the biggest or fastest, but always ran picture perfect routes, found ways to get open against bigger faster CBs and made all the difficult catches even when he was all we had left. I still think chasing Plummers flutterballs with three guys converging on our only WR is how he shredded his hip; putting off surgery for a playoff run and a full season of more ended his career. DT, Decker and Royal need him as much as Tebow needs Elway--which means Tebow probably needs him, too. Can we get Nalen to come teach our guards how to block while we're at it?

Northman
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Part of me would say yes to just see what Quinn would do. But logically considering some of Tebow's late game heroics i say no at this point. Anyway you look at it even if we are down a lot or a little Tebow should stay in. If they just wanted to give Quinn a chance at the start of the game to see if he could spark the offense i would support that. But if Tebow starts he should finish the game.

I Eat Staples
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM

I'm nearly positive Quinn would have done better than Tebow against KC. That was probably the worst QB performance I've ever seen.

That said, I do think Tebow will play better this week.

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
He's not on the active roster.
I realize that. But its not like hes LOCKED in some box that only opens after the season.

vandammage13
01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Part of me would say yes to just see what Quinn would do. But logically considering some of Tebow's late game heroics i say no at this point. Anyway you look at it even if we are down a lot or a little Tebow should stay in. If they just wanted to give Quinn a chance at the start of the game to see if he could spark the offense i would support that. But if Tebow starts he should finish the game.

I don't think the playoffs is a time when you should try to find out what Brady FREAKING Quinn can do...

No thanks...Sink or swim with Tebow.

That this question is even being asked is amusing to me, quite frankly...

It would be like if I made it across the country from Key West to Seattle in a Ford Pinto...I don't know how the heck it got me there, but it did...So now that I'm in Seattle, I'm not about to trade the Pinto in for a '91 Cavalier when it's time to go back to Key West.

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Move the game to Coors Field and let Tebow be our closer. :laugh: Maybe Woodley and Harrison will be so tired by the time Quinn hobbles off the field Tebow can run circles around them. :(

We DO need Rod. He was never the biggest or fastest, but always ran picture perfect routes, found ways to get open against bigger faster CBs and made all the difficult catches even when he was all we had left. I still think chasing Plummers flutterballs with three guys converging on our only WR is how he shredded his hip; putting off surgery for a playoff run and a full season of more ended his career. DT, Decker and Royal need him as much as Tebow needs Elway--which means Tebow probably needs him, too. Can we get Nalen to come teach our guards how to block while we're at it?
Jake=2nd best qb in franchise history over last 30yrs.

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm nearly positive Quinn would have done better than Tebow against KC. That was probably the worst QB performance I've ever seen.

O qbr. Sure cant do any worse.

Tned
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Jake=2nd best qb in franchise history over last 30yrs.

If Cutler and Plummer are one/two, where do you put Elway? Third?

Northman
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think the playoffs is a time when you should try to find out what Brady FREAKING Quinn can do...

Your opinion and thats fine. But Quinn has enough starts in the league to justify it. Its not like he is green or wet behind the ears. He may not be Joe Montana or Elway but he can be just as bad as 6/22 or better. Lets not get carried away here and pretend that Tebow is WORLDS beyond better than Quinn. That is just a fallacy at this point.

vandammage13
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Your opinion and thats fine. But Quinn has enough starts in the league to justify it. Its not like he is green or wet behind the ears. He may not be Joe Montana or Elway but he can be just as bad as 6/22 or better. Lets not get carried away here and pretend that Tebow is WORLDS beyond better than Quinn. That is just a fallacy at this point.

Tebow's not great....But let's not pretend that we would have made the playoffs with Brady Quinn either.

Northman
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Tebow's not great....But let's not pretend that we would have made the playoffs with Brady Quinn either.

Unfortuantely we dont know if we would have or not. Maybe he scores more TD's than Tim most of the season not to need late game heroics, maybe not. Without having seeing what he could of done we just dont know how it would have turned out.

vandammage13
01-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Unfortuantely we dont know if we would have or not. Maybe he scores more TD's than Tim most of the season not to need late game heroics, maybe not. Without having seeing what he could of done we just dont know how it would have turned out.

Meh...I think if BQ were back there instead of TT our rushing game would not have been what it was and other facets of our team would have been exposed.

TT protected the ball during the win streak...that's a big reason why we were winning. Once he started turning the ball over is when we started losing. BQ is a turnover machine.

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 05:18 PM

No thanks...Sink or swim with Tebow.

That this question is even being asked is amusing to me, quite frankly...

It would be like if I made it across the country from Key West to Seattle in a Ford Pinto...I don't know how the heck it got me there, but it did...So now that I'm in Seattle, I'm not about to trade the Pinto in for a '91 Cavalier when it's time to go back to Key West.
Your funeral

rcsodak
01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
If Cutler and Plummer are one/two, where do you put Elway? Third?
Did someone fart?

vandammage13
01-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Your funeral

I wasn't expecting us to be here in the first place.

So its like I've already died and went to heaven.

If we lose it will be an easy pill to swallow because I had absolutely no expectations for this team coming into the year....Just having a 17th game is enough for me.

jlarsiii
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
If we are getting killed on the scoreboard at the half, if the run game is completely shut down, and if Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn during the first half; then there is little choice but to make a change at QB.

Other then that I guess you keep Tebow in there.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't know what would be the purpose of sitting him. I'm as critical of Tebow's play as anyone, and even I think it would be foolish to sit the guy in favor of back-ups, at ANY point of this game.

Because not going to be "IF" Tebow and the offense is struggling by half-time...its WHEN. We've struggled nearly every game, and certainly before half-time.

sneakers
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM

:tsk:

T.K.O.
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
we should be up by at LEAST 2 TD's by halftime....the only reason to put Quinn in would be to save Tebows strength for the Ravens game:D:elefant::beer::salute:

Buff
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Dance with who brung ya. Playing Quinn would be counterproductive at this stage in the season IMO.

jlarsiii
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't know what would be the purpose of sitting him. I'm as critical of Tebow's play as anyone, and even I think it would be foolish to sit the guy in favor of back-ups, at ANY point of this game.

Because not going to be "IF" Tebow and the offense is struggling by half-time...its WHEN. We've struggled nearly every game, and certainly before half-time.

I get your point from a development standpoint, but the bottom line is I would like to win the game this Sunday. If Tebow is dropping a major deuce and Quinn looks more capable of helping us win then put him in there if such a case arises.

blamkin86
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
In answering, I find myself not believing we are going to win on Sunday.

I certainly would cherish a win, as I know all of us would - and as a friend of many a Pittsburgh fan, I would cherish that even more so...

...but being realistic, if Tebow stinks it up, how does putting Quinn in change anything?

I guess I don't see Quinn winning the game either.

I'd rather TT have the experience one way or the other. Let's face it: unless we get incredibly lucky and crazy in the draft, TT is our QB next year too.

I am very much pulling for the kid and hoping he can make the major improvements he needs to succeed next year. That's where I'm at I guess.

To the OP and others who think we can win Sunday - how do you see us beating Pittsburgh?

Northman
01-05-2012, 06:53 PM

I certainly would cherish a win, as I know all of us would - and as a friend of many a pittsburg fan, I would cherish that even more so...

...but being realistic, if Tebow stinks it up, how does putting Quinn in change anything?

I guess I don't see Quinn winning the game either.

I'd rather TT have the experience one way or the other. Let's face it: unless we get incredibly lucky and crazy in the draft, TT is our QB next year too.

I am very much pulling for the kid and hoping he can make the major improvements he needs to succeed next year. That's where I'm at I guess.

Yet, on the flipside i was saying the same thing after Orton got yanked. Frankly i would agree with you that i doubt Quinn could pull out a win but than again, i didnt think we would be here in this position either behind Tebow. Stranger things have happened as proof this year behind Tebow.

HammeredOut
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
If we are getting killed on the scoreboard at the half, if the run game is completely shut down, and if Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn during the first half; then there is little choice but to make a change at QB.

Other then that I guess you keep Tebow in there.

since Tim Tebow is like 10 for 72 in the first half passing the ball. Why not put in Quinn till half time, and since Tebow is so good in the 4th quarter, we could get the best of both worlds. Quinn to put up a few TDs by the half, and TT to close out the game.

I actually believe the Broncos have a better chance at winning this game with Brady Quinn then they do Tim Tebow. Thats how bad I think the QB is on our team right now.

HammeredOut
01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Yet, on the flipside i was saying the same thing after Orton got yanked. Frankly i would agree with you that i doubt Quinn could pull out a win but than again, i didnt think we would be here in this position either behind Tebow. Stranger things have happened as proof this year behind Tebow.

I believe on the "flipside", that if we started Quinn, the Steelers would be caught with there pants down, caught in mid stroke. They would not have game planned for Brady Quinn, and practiced much coverages that pertain to a passing game.

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
since Tim Tebow is like 10 for 72 in the first half passing the ball. Why not put in Quinn till half time, and since Tebow is so good in the 4th quarter, we could get the best of both worlds. Quinn to put up a few TDs by the half, and TT to close out the game.

I actually believe the Broncos have a better chance at winning this game with Brady Quinn then they do Tim Tebow. Thats how bad I think the QB is on our team right now.

because Quinn is a turnover machine and we could be down by more with pick sixes

Northman
01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I believe on the "flipside", that if we started Quinn, the Steelers would be caught with there pants down, caught in mid stroke. They would not have game planned for Brady Quinn, and practiced much coverages that pertain to a passing game.

Certainly a possibility. But even if Quinn came in the second half we could very well see a Frank Reich type of performance which can happen. Not likely, but could happen. As you said, when you gameplan for one QB its not always easy to adjust on the fly to another.

HammeredOut
01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
because Quinn is a turnover machine and we could be down by more with pick sixes

Quinn did put up like 38 points against the Lions back in 09' ... lol

broncofaninfla
01-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Tebow got us here and we've had too many solid second half showings. Stay with Tebow. Give the kid a full off season with Elway and lets see what we have next season too. He's been awful lately but we wouldn't even be in the playoffs if it wasn't for Tebow. I haven't seen a guy spark a team like that since Elway.

dogfish
01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
the poll's flawed. . .

i didn't see an option for "get the **** out". . .

:coffee:

bcbronc
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
No, not if it's just the offense struggling. Pits D ain't bad, our offense will be struggling.

Yes, if Tebow is still playing like a lamb caught in headlights, like he did vs KC. If he's still playing scared, Fox owes it to the other 44 guys in the dressing room to try plan B imo.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Ageed also vs buff was sad. Any other qb gets benched eith those performances.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
No, not if it's just the offense struggling. Pits D ain't bad, our offense will be struggling.

Yes, if Tebow is still playing like a lamb caught in headlights, like he did vs KC. If he's still playing scared, Fox owes it to the other 44 guys in the dressing room to try plan B imo.

Why do people act like tebow has s long
Track record of great qb play. How many dumb barber plays 59 yd fg and
Pick 6s can u count on? Look at the facts. He has heart but is shaky throwin and looks scared. Hate on me i dont care i just want den to win not try not to lose like last week.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
the poll's flawed. . .

i didn't see an option for "get the **** out". . .

:coffee:

A pick p mcnabb opt lol. He cant be worse. :flame:

dogfish
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
seriously, guise. . .

brady quinn?

don't people learn?flash back to camp and pre-season-- orton was supposedly looking sharp :rolleyes:, tebow was reportedly sucking ass, and everyone was saying that quinn looked significantly better than teebs. . . remember how they were "co-#2's?" :rolleyes: and everybody was saying that quinn was the real #2, and they were only listed that way to protect the image/preserve some trade value for our former first rounder. . .

and then they let quinn start the fourth pre-season game, and he did what he does, pissed down his leg and crumpled under the "pressure," and that was pretty much that. . . when it came time to pull orton, we all know who the coaching staff went to. . . they didn't have any interest in trotting brady quinn out there when the live bullets were flying. . . if they didn't want to then, what makes anybody think they want to now?

right now they both suck. . . tebow's overwhelmed-- everything is moving too fast, he has way more to process than he can handle in the available time, and it's paralyzing him. . .

however, it doesn't help that our raw receivers don't get lots of consistent separation, and have a bad habit of dropping some of the balls that he does manage to get there. . . and those things don't get better with quinn, who also lacks the benefit of significant reps with the first team. . . and while quinn is more accurate than tebow ( :doh: ), quinn doesn't trust his reads any more than tim does. . . brady pretty much refuses to throw the ball down the field with any anticipation-- just like tim, he's not gonna throw it more than five-to-seven yards if a guy isn't wide screaming open. . . quinn is just going to check it down-- granted, he will hit the easy dump off more consistently than tim (even if it's sometimes at the guy's feet where he can't run with it), but taking away the threat of the option stuff just makes it easier for the pursuit-side ends to crash down and kill the running game that we depend on so badly. . . you take tim out, and all the pursuit flows to the ball that much quicker. . .

bottom line; MOST likely we aren't going to win this game with either QB, but there's just no point going away from the guy that's been starting, been getting all the reps. . . and been getting us the only wins we've gotten this year. . . i know, i know-- he's looked like garbage the last few weeks. . . so what? he's a project QB who still hasn't had an off-season as the starter, or more than a season's starting experience. . .

sheesh, have just a little bit of patience. . . if we had a john kitna, jeff garcia type of backup who can actually win some games, i might feel differently. . . but brady quinn is a stiff who's folded like a lawn chair in almost every big game he's played dating back to college. . . we're not beating the steelers in the playoffs with that guy. . .

probably won't with tebow either, but as far as i'm concerned he was the starting QB for all but one of the wins that got us here (and we probably would have beaten san diego the first time if he'd started), and he's earned the right to start this game. . . maybe we get lucky, the playoffs wake him up, and he plays like he did against the vikes and gives us a shot to win. . . at least i know the guy's not scared of the stage, and that's FAR more than you can say about quinn. . .

what do we have to lose anyway? we're just too weak in too many areas (kupe says hi) to think we can go all the way. . . we weren't even supposed to be here, we're playing with house money. . . may as well just enjoy the ride, and don't freak out if we lose. . .

**** it. . . better us playing this weekend than the faders, chorfs or sparkies. . .

:defense::defense::defense:

gregbroncs
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Gotta leave him in. (I accidently voted the wrong way)

But if he does not show an ability to hit slant route passes by next season he has got to go. It's really frustrating being the only team in the league with a QB too afraid to even attempt an easy slant pass.

Tned
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM

You're probably right. I know that I'm just thinking with my heart when I not only think we will win, but that the Broncos will be back in Denver on Jan 22nd, hosting Cincy for the AFC Championship game.

That said, I've looked at the flights to Denver for that weekend, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Dean
01-05-2012, 08:51 PM
If the offense is not producing then no don't pull him. If on the other hand the line is protecting and the receivers are getting open but Tebow can't deliver the ball and isn't able to rush the ball, then yes, yank him. Any other player who isn't doing their job would and should be pulled. The QB position is no different.

bcbronc
01-05-2012, 09:08 PM
dog, you probably could have quit after your first two lines.

:welcome:

:laugh:

Mike
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
seriously, guise. . .

brady quinn?

don't people learn?flash back to camp and pre-season-- orton was supposedly looking sharp :rolleyes:, tebow was reportedly sucking ass, and everyone was saying that quinn looked significantly better than teebs. . . remember how they were "co-#2's?" :rolleyes: and everybody was saying that quinn was the real #2, and they were only listed that way to protect the image/preserve some trade value for our former first rounder. . .

and then they let quinn start the fourth pre-season game, and he did what he does, pissed down his leg and crumpled under the "pressure," and that was pretty much that. . . when it came time to pull orton, we all know who the coaching staff went to. . . they didn't have any interest in trotting brady quinn out there when the live bullets were flying. . . if they didn't want to then, what makes anybody think they want to now?

right now they both suck. . . tebow's overwhelmed-- everything is moving too fast, he has way more to process than he can handle in the available time, and it's paralyzing him. . .

however, it doesn't help that our raw receivers don't get lots of consistent separation, and have a bad habit of dropping some of the balls that he does manage to get there. . . and those things don't get better with quinn, who also lacks the benefit of significant reps with the first team. . . and while quinn is more accurate than tebow ( :doh: ), quinn doesn't trust his reads any more than tim does. . . brady pretty much refuses to throw the ball down the field with any anticipation-- just like tim, he's not gonna throw it more than five-to-seven yards if a guy isn't wide screaming open. . . quinn is just going to check it down-- granted, he will hit the easy dump off more consistently than tim (even if it's sometimes at the guy's feet where he can't run with it), but taking away the threat of the option stuff just makes it easier for the pursuit-side ends to crash down and kill the running game that we depend on so badly. . . you take tim out, and all the pursuit flows to the ball that much quicker. . .

bottom line; MOST likely we aren't going to win this game with either QB, but there's just no point going away from the guy that's been starting, been getting all the reps. . . and been getting us the only wins we've gotten this year. . . i know, i know-- he's looked like garbage the last few weeks. . . so what? he's a project QB who still hasn't had an off-season as the starter, or more than a season's starting experience. . .

sheesh, have just a little bit of patience. . . if we had a john kitna, jeff garcia type of backup who can actually win some games, i might feel differently. . . but brady quinn is a stiff who's folded like a lawn chair in almost every big game he's played dating back to college. . . we're not beating the steelers in the playoffs with that guy. . .

probably won't with tebow either, but as far as i'm concerned he was the starting QB for all but one of the wins that got us here (and we probably would have beaten san diego the first time if he'd started), and he's earned the right to start this game. . . maybe we get lucky, the playoffs wake him up, and he plays like he did against the vikes and gives us a shot to win. . . at least i know the guy's not scared of the stage, and that's FAR more than you can say about quinn. . .

what do we have to lose anyway? we're just too weak in too many areas (kupe says hi) to think we can go all the way. . . we weren't even supposed to be here, we're playing with house money. . . may as well just enjoy the ride, and don't freak out if we lose. . .

**** it. . . better us playing this weekend than the faders, chorfs or sparkies. . .

:defense::defense::defense:

You killed the thread. :closed_2:

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I am sorry about bashing the one who cant throw a ball.

I do agree both are not good. I think Quinn is slightly more NFL capable but that is like saying that 21 degrees is warmer than 19 degrees. It is true but you cant tell the difference.

Like I have said before, losing 7-3 at home really hurt. If KC holds us to 3, what does a top 5 defense do to us?

even with my negativity, I will root for Denver like they are the 98 Broncos and hope for a miracle. I want to win, even if it is ugly. Then if that happens. The real fun starts if Houston wins. It will be insufferable for me for Denver to come here. I will have to shut off all sports talk and hope for a windy blizzard in Foxboro.. :lol: Now I know I am getting ahead in a dream sequence, but it can happen right? hmmmm

elsid13
01-05-2012, 10:20 PM
It is the playoffs, no one safe on this roster from being replaced during the game if they are playing like shit..

Buff
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM

I normally read every word of dog's long-winded posts... But 5,000 words on Brady effing Quinn? I have my limits.

nflfan
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
No, gotta go with who got you there.

The Broncos have a good chance; Roethlisberger has been terrible playing through his injury. One heavy hit, and he could be out of the game.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2012, 10:37 PM
No, gotta go with who got you there.

The Broncos have a good chance; Roethlisberger has been terrible playing through his injury. One heavy hit, and he could be out of the game.

So Matt Prater and the defense are going to play on offense as well. :lol:

Just kidding people, it has been a hard week at work, you gotta have some fun right :salute:

dogfish
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM

yea. . . with my irrefutable logic, maybe. . .

:cool:

or something. . . :laugh: