PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger had 'little setback'

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger walked into the locker room Wednesday with more of a limp than he did last week, but the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback doesn't think his left ankle will affect him for Sunday's wild-card playoff game at Denver.

"I had a little setback early in the third quarter (at Cleveland last Sunday)," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "We're working really hard with the trainers and doctors to get back to even where we were before the Cleveland game. I felt pretty good going in and moved a little bit at the beginning of that game. It's a little setback but we'll get moving."

Roethlisberger indicated that he probably got set back "about a week." Since spraining his ankle on Dec. 8, Pittsburgh has scored two touchdowns in 10 quarters with him on the field.

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7424335/2012-nfl-playoffs-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-suffers-setback-play

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
He'll be fine and play well.

Say what you want about Ben, but that dude is a tough SOB. IMHO one of the toughest QB's to ever play the game.

weazel
01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
meh, he always plays hurt... he'll slice and dice

dogfish
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Ben Roethlisberger had 'little setback'

is that a euphemism for another rape charge?

:shocked:

OrangeHoof
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Roethlisberger is like Jason in those Friday The 13th movies. I swear if he had one leg and one arm chopped off he would still be in the lineup and complete 20 of 30.

igoe4broncos
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
He is lying to get our defense's hopes up.

camdisco24
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Hate him off the field, mad respect on the field.

Wish his leg injury, I would be pretty scared of VONDOOM... then again, after the last few weeks, maybe not. Big Ben will be able to go, but we have to force him to make mistake like SF did.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Steelers have two rather immobile OTs (see Aldon Smith vs Steelers two weeks ago) so VonDoom could have an impact if either of them can actually bring Ben down.

BroncoStud
01-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Von Miller needs to be benched. All I ever see him do is lose contain anymore. People have figured him out as much as they have figured out Tebow... Let him run 10 yards around the outside, step up in the pocket and run to where he SHOULD be.

Our only chance of getting Big Ben will be Dumerville. The only real issue for Ben might be his ability to step into throws. I've had 2 high ankle sprains, and unless you rest them for a month or 2 they just linger and don't seem to get better, and they're brutally painful.

If Ben comes in and lights us up he will have even more of my respect as a player and QB. That dude will never have my respect as a human though.

G_Money
01-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Von Miller needs to be benched. All I ever see him do is lose contain anymore. People have figured him out as much as they have figured out Tebow... Let him run 10 yards around the outside, step up in the pocket and run to where he SHOULD be.

Agreed, but with his RH messed up when he's coming at the RT he CAN'T go inside. It's made him one-dimensional, and it's destroying his ability to use multiple angles. It's also turned him into a crappy tackler, when before the injury he basically didn't miss a tackle once he got his hands on the ball-carrier.

They did bench him at the end of the KC game. Haggan was in there. It's not a matter of figuring out Von as much as it's figuring out what Von can do with one useless hand.

I would use him sparingly in the Pitt game. We NEED solid tackling and gap control. Von should only come in to rush the passer and provide a different look in those situations.

Next year will be way different, but for now he just can't do what we need him to do.

~G

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Pouncey has set back

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/38216/steelers-pouncey-has-setback

Nick
01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Pouncey has set back

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/38216/steelers-pouncey-has-setback

That would be a bigger blow then big ben IMO

NightTerror218
01-05-2012, 07:00 PM
That would be a bigger blow then big ben IMO

are the stars aligning a little to let us stay in the game? (no i did not say win, but not blown out)