PDA

View Full Version : Bill Williamson Chat on the Broncos

topscribe
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, I'm stealing this from a poster at the Freak, who apparently stole it from
a poster at the Mane. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting. Don't ask me
where it originally came from because I don't know . . .

Keith (Springfield): What are the chances that the Broncos trade for Peppers?
Bill Williamson: I don't think it's strong. I think Denver wants to keep all of its draft picks.

Brenden (Denver): Who's a better fit for the Broncos Orakpo or Malaluga?
Bill Williamson: Good question. Orakpo can pass the passer but I say the middle linebacker. Denver needs a beast to set the tone for the entire defense.

Keith (Springfield): Since the Broncos are moving to a 3-4 scheme, what is the probability that the Broncos move to sign Haynesworth? Would he work as a NT?
Bill Williamson: He would fit but I'm hearing Denver may not get in on him and it would rather sign several defensive starters than one big-ticket item like Haynesworth. But we'll see.

Victor (LA): Hey Bill! How likely are the Broncos to acquire a guy like Igor Olshansky or Chris Canty from Dallas? What would you think of such a move?
Bill Williamson: I think those two names could be possibilities. Both would fit in the new defense.

Brenden (Denver): Could you see the Broncos trying to trade up to get B.J. Raji if they don't think he's going to slide to them?
Bill Williamson: Maybe but there are so many other needs that Denver should get something it likes at No. 12.

Wade (Colorado): B.J. Raji would be a perfect fit in Denver's new defense. He'd be a perfect nose tackle. Correct?
Bill Williamson: Yes, perfect, I do believe but he is rising up the draft boards and may even go to Seattle at No. 4.

Keith (Springfield): Should Boss Bailey be part of the Denver defensive purge, or give him a chance in the new scheme? I know he isn't that much against the cap, but the more available money for quality players, the better.
Bill Williamson: I think he deserves a chance to stay. The only problem with Boss is he gets hurt too much.

Mike (Denver): Do you think Denver will sign Ward from the Giants as he has expressed interest in playing for them?
Bill Williamson: Depends on his price tag. It would be a nice fit.

Mike (Denver): Does Woodyard have any chance at playing in the Broncos 3-4? He was undersized for a 4-3.
Bill Williamson: I'm hearing Woodyard is in the team's plans in the 3-4. He's an exciting player. Let's see what he can do. He can be a real diamond in the rough.

Matt (DSM): Any chance Denver goes after Bart Scott? I'm hoping for some good free agent signings after the last few years.
Bill Williamson: He could fit. yes, Denver needs to score with some decent free agent pickups after the stinkers it has rolled out the past few years.

Ryan (Denver): Bill, what other DT besides Haynesworth could the Broncos target in FA? I would much rather see them get Maualuga than Raji....I think Raji is another Gerard Warren or Sedrick Ellis.
Bill Williamson: Keep an eye on Grady Jackson.

Burwell (Addison): Do you think Moss and/or Dumervil will be good fits at OLB for the Broncos? Do they have the necessary speed?
Bill Williamson: I have more faith in Dumervil. If Moss is going to salvage his career, he needs to make it work now.

Justin (Denver): Hey Bill. Any insight to why the Broncos let Aldridge go?
Bill Williamson: Just part of the new regime. Alridge was a favorite of Shanahan.

Vijay (NYC): Any news on free agent or draft-available kickers? Broncos sure need an upgrade on Prater.
Bill Williamson: John Carney, perhaps?

MW (Colorado): Any chance Denver would trade Champ for the right offer? If Denver can rebuild the D line, we may not need elite CB's (like New England).
Bill Williamson: I really think they might. I don't think they should, but maybe.

Doug (Las Vegas): Hey Bill. Who would you consider an ideal fit to fill the void left by Bly at the corner slot for the Broncos? A free agent or draft pick?
Bill Williamson: Keep an eye on St. Louis free agent Ronald Bartell.

Robert (Latrobe): Do you think the change to the 3-4 is a good move for the Broncos? While I don't know if the personnel really fit, I don't know how much worse it could be than last year.
Bill Williamson: It is a good move because Mike Nolan is a good coach. A complete change is needed in Denver. But it will be tricky because the team doesn't have 3-4 players so it may take a while.

Jerry (California): I've read that Tyson Jackson is the perfect 3-4 end. Any chance he ends up in Denver or San Diego.
Bill Williamson: He is a player both teams will study extensively.

Keith (Springfield): If the AFC West teams could only fix one problem (through draft or free agency) which would be the #1 area needed for improvement, for each team?
Bill Williamson:
Den: Pass rush.
KC: Pass rush.
Oak: No. 1 receiver.
SD: Inside linebacker.

-----

ikillz0mbies
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Pretty interesting read. Great to hear that Woodyard is in the 3-4 plans. I'd love to see where and how he's going to be used.

TXBRONC
02-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, I'm stealing this from a poster at the Freak, who apparently stole it from
a poster at the Mane. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting. Don't ask me
where it originally came from because I don't know . . .

Keith (Springfield): What are the chances that the Broncos trade for Peppers?
Bill Williamson: I don't think it's strong. I think Denver wants to keep all of its draft picks.

Brenden (Denver): Who's a better fit for the Broncos Orakpo or Malaluga?
Bill Williamson: Good question. Orakpo can pass the passer but I say the middle linebacker. Denver needs a beast to set the tone for the entire defense.

Keith (Springfield): Since the Broncos are moving to a 3-4 scheme, what is the probability that the Broncos move to sign Haynesworth? Would he work as a NT?
Bill Williamson: He would fit but I'm hearing Denver may not get in on him and it would rather sign several defensive starters than one big-ticket item like Haynesworth. But we'll see.

Victor (LA): Hey Bill! How likely are the Broncos to acquire a guy like Igor Olshansky or Chris Canty from Dallas? What would you think of such a move?
Bill Williamson: I think those two names could be possibilities. Both would fit in the new defense.

Brenden (Denver): Could you see the Broncos trying to trade up to get B.J. Raji if they don't think he's going to slide to them?
Bill Williamson: Maybe but there are so many other needs that Denver should get something it likes at No. 12.

Wade (Colorado): B.J. Raji would be a perfect fit in Denver's new defense. He'd be a perfect nose tackle. Correct?
Bill Williamson: Yes, perfect, I do believe but he is rising up the draft boards and may even go to Seattle at No. 4.

Keith (Springfield): Should Boss Bailey be part of the Denver defensive purge, or give him a chance in the new scheme? I know he isn't that much against the cap, but the more available money for quality players, the better.
Bill Williamson: I think he deserves a chance to stay. The only problem with Boss is he gets hurt too much.

Mike (Denver): Do you think Denver will sign Ward from the Giants as he has expressed interest in playing for them?
Bill Williamson: Depends on his price tag. It would be a nice fit.

Mike (Denver): Does Woodyard have any chance at playing in the Broncos 3-4? He was undersized for a 4-3.
Bill Williamson: I'm hearing Woodyard is in the team's plans in the 3-4. He's an exciting player. Let's see what he can do. He can be a real diamond in the rough.

Matt (DSM): Any chance Denver goes after Bart Scott? I'm hoping for some good free agent signings after the last few years.
Bill Williamson: He could fit. yes, Denver needs to score with some decent free agent pickups after the stinkers it has rolled out the past few years.

Ryan (Denver): Bill, what other DT besides Haynesworth could the Broncos target in FA? I would much rather see them get Maualuga than Raji....I think Raji is another Gerard Warren or Sedrick Ellis.
Bill Williamson: Keep an eye on Grady Jackson.

Burwell (Addison): Do you think Moss and/or Dumervil will be good fits at OLB for the Broncos? Do they have the necessary speed?
Bill Williamson: I have more faith in Dumervil. If Moss is going to salvage his career, he needs to make it work now.

Justin (Denver): Hey Bill. Any insight to why the Broncos let Aldridge go?
Bill Williamson: Just part of the new regime. Alridge was a favorite of Shanahan.

Vijay (NYC): Any news on free agent or draft-available kickers? Broncos sure need an upgrade on Prater.
Bill Williamson: John Carney, perhaps?

MW (Colorado): Any chance Denver would trade Champ for the right offer? If Denver can rebuild the D line, we may not need elite CB's (like New England).
Bill Williamson: I really think they might. I don't think they should, but maybe.

Doug (Las Vegas): Hey Bill. Who would you consider an ideal fit to fill the void left by Bly at the corner slot for the Broncos? A free agent or draft pick?
Bill Williamson: Keep an eye on St. Louis free agent Ronald Bartell.

Robert (Latrobe): Do you think the change to the 3-4 is a good move for the Broncos? While I don't know if the personnel really fit, I don't know how much worse it could be than last year.
Bill Williamson: It is a good move because Mike Nolan is a good coach. A complete change is needed in Denver. But it will be tricky because the team doesn't have 3-4 players so it may take a while.

Jerry (California): I've read that Tyson Jackson is the perfect 3-4 end. Any chance he ends up in Denver or San Diego.
Bill Williamson: He is a player both teams will study extensively.

Keith (Springfield): If the AFC West teams could only fix one problem (through draft or free agency) which would be the #1 area needed for improvement, for each team?
Bill Williamson:
Den: Pass rush.
KC: Pass rush.
Oak: No. 1 receiver.
SD: Inside linebacker.

-----

I usually not big on Williamson writing but he did have some interesting thoughts on the Broncos.

CoachChaz
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Hmmm...I seem to recall someone here mentioning the idea of Raji going to Seattle at #4

topscribe
02-20-2009, 04:58 PM
It's interesting the difference among boards. Many on the others were trashing
Burger Bill . . . because he's Burger Bill, I guess.

But he says some good things here, IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of Williamson's, either. But here, I see people looking at the
content. Props to you! :2thumbs:

-----

Superchop 7
02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Spot-on with Alridge. (pisses me off to no end)

I like the Grady Jackson, Chris Canty thought process. Olshansky.....not so much.

John Carney, Ron Bartell.......good fits.

Pick up a couple LB's and a couple of Safeties in the draft.......

Yeah......I could see it.

Wouldn't be great......but wouldn't be half-bad either.

TXBRONC
02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
One thing I find curious just where does Woodyard fit in the team plan? :ponder:

JKcatch724
02-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Huh? All he did was state the obvious. Any of us could have answered those questions just as well...

topscribe
02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Huh? All he did was state the obvious. Any of us could have answered those questions just as well...

Maybe so, but he was the one who was asked them. :noidea:

How would you have answered differently, then?

-----

JKcatch724
02-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe so, but he was the one who was asked them. :noidea:

How would you have answered differently, then?

-----

I wouldn't have answered them much differently, but I'm just saying he didn't point out anything we didn't know already.

I guess us forumers know a little too much :D

topscribe
02-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't have answered them much differently, but I'm just saying he didn't point out anything we didn't know already.

I guess us forumers know a little too much :D

I'll have to admit, it seems sometimes I can get better information here than I can in a newspaper column . . . :nod:

-----

SmilinAssasSin27
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
decent read, but there were a lot of "maybe" and "he's a good fit". Kinda vague an offers no insight I deem noteworthy.