PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's AFC Wild Card Preview Video - DEN v PIT

EmDiggy
01-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Broncos vs Steelers Video Preview Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0R9JzNxkIc)

Good morning Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

TXBRONC
01-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep you summed it pretty well. I would also like to see Denver get pressure up the middle. I think that would help our outside rushers. I would add as a X-Factor that Tebow has put the last three games behind him and just play ball.

I hope you're wrong about who wins nevertheless your analysis is terrific. :salute:

vandammage13
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
He pretty much called out Quinton Carter...

I hope BDawk is back for this game so he can keep this guy where he needs to be.

TXBRONC
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
He pretty much called out Quinton Carter...

I hope BDawk is back for this game so he can keep this guy where he needs to be.

From what I hear Dawkins will problably not be able play.

Yeah called him out but at the same time safety player was better last week than it was the previous two imho.

KCL
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
You never know..he also predicted the Chiefs would lose to the Bears and the Broncos....of course it's just his opinion going by what he sees from the teams.

Joel
01-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Nothing against you, Em, but that was one of the most depressing videos I've seen this season. In general, I'd like to see more of those slants and ins, but I wouldn't go short with them against the Steelers, especially with this team. It may cut down on blitzing, but asking Tebow to find 2 or 3 WRs and/or a TE among 4 LBs and 4 DBs is probably asking too much. 3-4 teams whose LBs can cover are a much better antidote for short passing than trying to get a sack before the ball is thrown; I'm surprised we don't see that more.

Honestly, as much as I'd love to win this game, I don't see a good path to victory. I do agree with you (and Elway) that we must pass more to win (always hard to run on Pitt,) but unless our pass blockers and receivers step up along with our QB I have little hope of success even then. Little hope is better than none though, and if we try to just run all day, then win passing when trailing late and they know it's coming, we're in trouble. Our best chance is to throw some passes early when Pitt isn't expecting them (i.e. 1st and 10 or 2nd and 5 instead of 3rd and 15.) Even if it doesn't work, if it empties the box we can go to McGahee, and he won't get so exhausted we watch our drive die at mid-field when we send in Lance Ball.

To stay in it though, we must still prevent Pitt scoring a lot early, and with our weak secondary, Dawkins on the sidelines and Miller in a cast that may be hard. Our DTs don't bring much pressure up the middle (McBean has 4 sacks, but the others are almost pure run stuffers,) and neither do our LBs; Dawkins was the only reliable force we had there, and his absence is as sorely felt there as in coverage and run stopping. Yet, despite Goodman looking much better last week and Harris playing well all year, pressure is probably our best defence against the pass; we just don't cover well enough to rely on that.

If we rediscover our pass pressure and ability to complete throws, we have a shot, but I hold out little hope for that. It is still the only shot we have though; we have nothing to lose trying and everything to lose refusing.

From what I hear Dawkins will problably not be able play.

Yeah called him out but at the same time safety player was better last week than it was the previous two imho.
It could hardly be WORSE; after 3 years, I'm still waiting for Bruton to show up game day.

I didn't expect to ever see Dawkins on the field again after the NE game; he probably played his last down against Buffalo. Hopes and prayers he's healthy in well earned retirement, which probably starts Monday.

Dzone
01-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Daniel Fells just interviewed saying "We want to shock the world." He said Broncos will win because "We want it more". Cool.

TXBRONC
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Nothing against you, Em, but that was one of the most depressing videos I've seen this season. In general, I'd like to see more of those slants and ins, but I wouldn't go short with them against the Steelers, especially with this team. It may cut down on blitzing, but asking Tebow to find 2 or 3 WRs and/or a TE among 4 LBs and 4 DBs is probably asking too much. 3-4 teams whose LBs can cover are a much better antidote for short passing than trying to get a sack before the ball is thrown; I'm surprised we don't see that more.

Honestly, as much as I'd love to win this game, I don't see a good path to victory. I do agree with you (and Elway) that we must pass more to win (always hard to run on Pitt,) but unless our pass blockers and receivers step up along with our QB I have little hope of success even then. Little hope is better than none though, and if we try to just run all day, then win passing when trailing late and they know it's coming, we're in trouble. Our best chance is to throw some passes early when Pitt isn't expecting them (i.e. 1st and 10 or 2nd and 5 instead of 3rd and 15.) Even if it doesn't work, if it empties the box we can go to McGahee, and he won't get so exhausted we watch our drive die at mid-field when we send in Lance Ball.

To stay in it though, we must still prevent Pitt scoring a lot early, and with our weak secondary, Dawkins on the sidelines and Miller in a cast that may be hard. Our DTs don't bring much pressure up the middle (McBean has 4 sacks, but the others are almost pure run stuffers,) and neither do our LBs; Dawkins was the only reliable force we had there, and his absence is as sorely felt there as in coverage and run stopping. Yet, despite Goodman looking much better last week and Harris playing well all year, pressure is probably our best defence against the pass; we just don't cover well enough to rely on that.

If we rediscover our pass pressure and ability to complete throws, we have a shot, but I hold out little hope for that. It is still the only shot we have though; we have nothing to lose trying and everything to lose refusing.

It could hardly be WORSE; after 3 years, I'm still waiting for Bruton to show up game day.

I didn't expect to ever see Dawkins on the field again after the NE game; he probably played his last down against Buffalo. Hopes and prayers he's healthy in well earned retirement, which probably starts Monday.

I think Bruton played well against the Chiefs.

Joel
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Daniel Fells just interviewed saying "We want to shock the world." He said Broncos will win because "We want it more". Cool.
Really like that kid; he and Jeremiah Johnson are the two most overlooked guys on our offense, IMHO, though Willis has his moments. Wish we had good enough protection we could use him more as a receiver.

I think Bruton played well against the Chiefs.
Well, he didn't do anything horribly wrong, which is a good day for him, but I don't recall any great plays from him either.

TXBRONC
01-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Really like that kid; he and Jeremiah Johnson are the two most overlooked guys on our offense, IMHO, though Willis has his moments. Wish we had good enough protection we could use him more as a receiver.

Well, he didn't do anything horribly wrong, which is a good day for him, but I don't recall any great plays from him either.

True but that's good day any safety. They don't necessarily have to come up with huge plays for our defense to be successful.

Joel
01-05-2012, 11:40 AM
True but that's good day any safety. They don't necessarily have to come up with huge plays for our defense to be successful.
Fair point; be nice if we weren't second to last in the League in interceptions though.