PDA

View Full Version : Xanders abilities being questioned. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
02-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Just thought I'd throw it out there (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/20/herock-questions-xanders-abilities/) for discussion. Sort of an interesting concern or point to be brought up.

MOtorboat
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Just thought I'd throw it out there (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/20/herock-questions-xanders-abilities/) for discussion. Sort of an interesting concern or point to be brought up.

Too bad the link doesn't work...

:laugh:

Is PFT down?

topscribe
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Here is an article discussing it: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/19/ex-boss-questions-new-broncos-gm-xanders/

-----

G_Money
02-20-2009, 11:47 AM
“Brian’s never scouted on the road,” Herock told Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News, “he doesn’t have those experiences of going on the road, being at the practices, getting in there and getting to know guys. That’s his challenge. He knows the cap, he understands the cap and he knows the technology that’s used now to get the job done. His big thing will be to make the call on whether a guy can play or not and that now he has to know it all.

Which is why mixing his technical expertise in with the Goodman's scouting prowess and ability to synthesize disparate scouts' opinions into coherent and powerful drafts seemed like a good idea.

We'd better still have scouts on board who can tell a guy who's a Player from a guy who's a stat machine - and they'd better be able to convince Xanders they are right.

Hopefully somebody kept all the Goodman's notes for the upcoming draft.

~G

topscribe
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I had kind of a queasy feeling when I learned the Goodmans had been fired.

This has not helped to assuage that feeling . . .

-----

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Jim Goodman was the golden goose and Jeff Goodman was the boobie prize. Jeff didn't know jack and was horribly under-qualified for his position. I was willing to deal with it because we got to have Jim run things. When Xanders was slated to be the man, Jeff threw a hissy fit because he didn't want to work under Xanders and was fired and Jim had to go too. It sucks but that's what nepotism can do in a business.

I don't have a lot of faith in Xanders. It's widely known that Jim Goodman was the mastermind behind the last few drafts. I have a terrible feeling that this next draft is going to suck balls. Young Coaches don't do well with their drafts. Young GM's are either awesome or terrible. We'll see.

G_Money
02-20-2009, 12:21 PM
The Goodmans were not The Perfect GM Candidate. We still sucked at FA the last couple years, paying way too much for way too little in return. How much of that the Goodman's were a part of we don't know, but they sure didn't help. They weren't cap masters or AFAIK negotiators of any stripe.

They were college talent scouts. That was the family business, and the last few years they did it as well or better than ANYONE in the draft. If you're gonna throw out the guys who compiled the reports, assimilated the data and pulled the trigger on pretty much our entire batch of offensive starters - the only side of the ball we did anything with - then you'd better be sure it's more inconvenient to keep them than to dump them.

Salary cap men, negotiators...those can be found. Any ivy league kid with a spreadsheet can run the cap and get your figures right.

Being able to look at dozens of different players, point and say "that's our man" and be right - time after time after time - is a totally different skill, one not able to be easily found with a spreadsheet and a calculator.

"Oh, we'll be fine without them" I think is a bit of a naive statement. The Goodmans weren't hired in 06 when we started drafting like demons - they just weren't marginalized by Sundquist any more. You can have talented scouts in your organization but if their voices aren't heard, aren't raised above the rest, then they aren't doing you any good.

Xanders and the Goodmans not being able to co-exist for 3 weeks does not bode well, IMO, for our new GM's ability to take the advice from his scouts that he needs to and understand that making the call does not make you smarter than the guys who give you the information to better inform that call. Sundquist thought he was the smartest guy in the room, and convinced Shanny of it. And our drafts wallowed in between mediocrity and infamy for years.

If we still have Goodman-level scouting minds, Xanders, listen to them. You do your job, and make sure they can do theirs, please.

I can't live through a bunch more Sundquist/Shanny drafts, where the call-makers congratulate themselves on being geniuses while their drafts fail and their good scouts secretly make voodoo dolls of the guys who aren't listening to them.

~G

honz
02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Meh. Everyone starts somewhere. I don't know Xanders, but I trust Bowlen more than enough to know that he wouldn't appoint a GM that he didn't think could get the job done.

G_Money
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Meh. Everyone starts somewhere. I don't know Xanders, but I trust Bowlen more than enough to know that he wouldn't appoint a GM that he didn't think could get the job done.

Everyone ALWAYS hires someone they think can get the job done.

Bowlen has hired 2 GMs in the last 14 years before Xanders. One of them was Shanahan, who made it, well, 14 years, and one of them was Goodman, who was fired after 3 weeks.

Exactly how does that instill you with confidence?

Pat's a great man, but great men can still make mistakes. "I trust Pat" is great, because we have to, because he owns the team. But it's not like he makes this sort of decision every day and makes it well. He made it a month ago and screwed it up, apparently, since he's changed his mind now.

I like Bowlen, but this isn't a decision I can just have bland faith in.

Bring on the draft. I want to see how our new GM thinks.

~G

topscribe
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Everyone ALWAYS hires someone they think can get the job done.

Bowlen has hired 2 GMs in the last 14 years before Xanders. One of them was Shanahan, who made it, well, 14 years, and one of them was Goodman, who was fired after 3 weeks.

Exactly how does that instill you with confidence?

Pat's a great man, but great men can still make mistakes. "I trust Pat" is great, because we have to, because he owns the team. But it's not like he makes this sort of decision every day and makes it well. He made it a month ago and screwed it up, apparently, since he's changed his mind now.

I like Bowlen, but this isn't a decision I can just have bland faith in.

Bring on the draft. I want to see how our new GM thinks.

~G

"In God we trust. All others, fasten your seat belt and hang onto your wallet." - my daddy

-----

honz
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Basically none of us know how he is going to do until we see how this offseason shakes out...arguing whether a guy who we have no idea is going to go about things will succeed is pointless. Also, experience is one of the most overrated things ever, especially in sports. Just because you are experienced in something doesn't mean you are good at it, and vice versa.

G_Money
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
honz,

We also don't know how replacing Cutler with Kerry Collins would turn out, or if Julius Peppers would be good for us or a cap destroyer, or if we're better off going with a 3-4 or a 4-3 D, or...

NOTHING we talk about in the offseason is a known quantity. Everything's an unknown.

If we aren't gonna argue about unknowns, it's gonna be a really quiet offseason. ;)

~G

Shazam!
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
He won't be working alone, he'll be working with McD who supposedly has an eye.

Dreadnought
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM

-----

And some here wondered why I am beginning to have a horrible thought that our next few years will be a pointless train wreck that ends in another coach/GM search and a gutted roster.

topscribe
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
And some here wondered why I am beginning to have a horrible thought that our next few years will be a pointless train wreck that ends in another coach/GM search and a gutted roster.

I know I have posted a lot of positive, optimistic comments, but I can honestly
say that I am really, really concerned right now. Maybe promoting Xanders to
GM was not so outrageous, but I think I would have been on my knees before
Jim Goodman, begging him in tears to stay . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM

So you're saying it won't be any different than the last 10 years?

Dreadnought
02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
So you're saying it won't be any different than the last 10 years?

Far, far worse. Not even close.

silkamilkamonico
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Far, far worse. Not even close.

I thought the last 10 years were pretty bad. Constant disappointment throughout the season. Starting off strong, backpedaling at an attempt to make the playoffs the last half of the season. Garbage blowout losses every season, some to teams like Detroit. Playoff embarrassments. 1 good season in a 10 year tenure that ended in a disappointing playoff blowout at home. Ignoring the entire defense, and occasional special teams.

I frankly am not as concerned with which way the organization goes, but at least it's going to change. Shanahan handcuffed this organization into a stalemate. I would have never thought this organization would turn into a joke persay among the better teams in a matter of 10 years when 2000 rolled around.

WARHORSE
02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
The Goodmans were not The Perfect GM Candidate. We still sucked at FA the last couple years, paying way too much for way too little in return. How much of that the Goodman's were a part of we don't know, but they sure didn't help. They weren't cap masters or AFAIK negotiators of any stripe.

They were college talent scouts. That was the family business, and the last few years they did it as well or better than ANYONE in the draft. If you're gonna throw out the guys who compiled the reports, assimilated the data and pulled the trigger on pretty much our entire batch of offensive starters - the only side of the ball we did anything with - then you'd better be sure it's more inconvenient to keep them than to dump them.

Salary cap men, negotiators...those can be found. Any ivy league kid with a spreadsheet can run the cap and get your figures right.

Being able to look at dozens of different players, point and say "that's our man" and be right - time after time after time - is a totally different skill, one not able to be easily found with a spreadsheet and a calculator.

"Oh, we'll be fine without them" I think is a bit of a naive statement. The Goodmans weren't hired in 06 when we started drafting like demons - they just weren't marginalized by Sundquist any more. You can have talented scouts in your organization but if their voices aren't heard, aren't raised above the rest, then they aren't doing you any good.

Xanders and the Goodmans not being able to co-exist for 3 weeks does not bode well, IMO, for our new GM's ability to take the advice from his scouts that he needs to and understand that making the call does not make you smarter than the guys who give you the information to better inform that call. Sundquist thought he was the smartest guy in the room, and convinced Shanny of it. And our drafts wallowed in between mediocrity and infamy for years.

If we still have Goodman-level scouting minds, Xanders, listen to them. You do your job, and make sure they can do theirs, please.

I can't live through a bunch more Sundquist/Shanny drafts, where the call-makers congratulate themselves on being geniuses while their drafts fail and their good scouts secretly make voodoo dolls of the guys who aren't listening to them.

~G

Medals for pointing out the possible role of the Goodmans in evaluating the recent free agent signings.

Its easy to want to assume all things began and ended with Shanahan, when all told, everyone says thats not the way it was, including Bowlen.

topscribe
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I thought the last 10 years were pretty bad.

That's because you didn't apparently live through the first 14 years . . . :sad:

-----

WARHORSE
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I know I have posted a lot of positive, optimistic comments, but I can honestly
say that I am really, really concerned right now. Maybe promoting Xanders to
GM was not so outrageous, but I think I would have been on my knees before
Jim Goodman, begging him in tears to stay . . .

-----

Positive optimistic thoughts are the way to go Tops.........:cool:

Sudden concerns can way ya down, lead ya to sleepless nights.......:shocked:

lol..............

I like Xanders. All told, the man is a hard worker. Hard workers know they need to be in the know, and know to be in. This is as much about being able to learn on the job. I look at guys who have had jobs as GMs in the past, like Kirwin, Casserly, Sundquist, etc..........and heard them speak on certain players and positions. Heck, alot of the time I think what they said is dumb. These are the experts? Im sure all of us has experienced that one.

Im pretty sure McD and Bowlen know the entire extent of Xanders experience. Scouting the players has much to do with your knowledge of the game......in other words........(Xanders has this) you have to understand what has to be done in a certain position, before you can look for those who have the skills to carry it out. Xanders and McD have alluded to this in their player evaluations. They are looking for very specific parameters, and those parameters have been laid out already.

As for the Goodmans, I think feelings got hurt when Xman was given the job. Bowlen alluded to that when he first announced his decision to the media.

All told, I think McDaniels has taken over Dove Valley with his knowledge of all areas of the game, charisma and exuberance.

I think he knows EXACTLY what hes lookin for in players, and I think he'll dictate alot when it comes to the player evaluations.

Thnikkaman
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm not going to loose sleep over this. In 2-3 months the draft is going to be over and we will have a roster full of 80 guys. And from where I'm standing, this team has nowhere to go but up. I'm fine with Bowlen wanting to take this team in a new direction, and if we loose, we loose. I'm not switching teams, or going anywhere.

silkamilkamonico
02-20-2009, 02:25 PM
That's because you didn't apparently live through the first 14 years . . . :sad:

-----

That sucks to know. I was under the imperssion that I was a fan of one of the more proud organizations in the NFL. 2 SuperBowl wins, 5 SuperBowl appearances. There aren't a heck of a lot of organizations that can say that.

TXBRONC
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
He won't be working alone, he'll be working with McD who supposedly has an eye.

Is one of McDaniel's eyes made of glass? :D

fcspikeit
02-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Basically none of us know how he is going to do until we see how this offseason shakes out...arguing whether a guy who we have no idea is going to go about things will succeed is pointless. Also, experience is one of the most overrated things ever, especially in sports. Just because you are experienced in something doesn't mean you are good at it, and vice versa.

This isn't about just having experience, it's what was done while that experience was taking place..

The same as I can confidently say, Payton Manning's will be good this year because of what we have learned from his past experience. Maybe Matt Stafford will be even better? So if you had your choice of Manning or Stafford at QB next year, would you say Manning's experience means nothing?

MadMax
02-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Xanders falls from the McKay branch
By Mike Klis

INDIANAPOLIS — Much has been made about the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Less recognized, but becoming increasingly formidable within the NFL industry is the Rich McKay general manager tree.

During his 15 seasons as general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Atlanta Falcons, McKay groomed five future and current GMs — Chicago's Jerry Angelo, Seattle's Tim Ruskell, St. Louis' Billy Devaney, Tampa Bay's Mark Dominik and the Broncos' Brian Xanders.

Devaney, Dominik and Xanders all received their first GM jobs within the past two months.

"I'm proud of Brian because Brian worked it from every angle," McKay said here Wednesday where the league's scouts, coaches and executives have gathered for the NFL scouting combine.

Dominik is rooted in pro scouting. Angelo and Ruskell are based in college scouting. Devaney had been a long-time front-office assistant for Bobby Beathard and McKay.

"I think Brian's unique because he has a coaching background, he was in quality control where he would spend 20-hour days poring over film, he's been in the salary cap — he's seen the whole business," McKay said.

Nevermind Broncos coach Josh McDaniels branching off from Bill Belichick. Xanders grew from a GM family where McKay, Angelo and Ruskell have all built teams that reached the Super Bowl.

Only now, for the first time, Xanders won't be merely recommending players. He will be listening to recommendations and picking the players. Big difference. The toughest part about having the biggest desk in the front office?

"It's finding a way to build a consensus that gets to the right player," McKay said. "Brian has seen different people do that in different ways. If you don't build that consensus, then you wind up drafting a player that, as soon as he shows any flaws, he will not be embraced by other people in your organization."

Seems like his other boss thinks the complete opposite. I don't see any fire to back this smoke, I think Pat wanted a GM who knew the business side to compliment his HC who knows the personnel side. That way their egos shouldn't collide as much since each clearly knows where his background is and what his expertise is.

I wouldn't have it any other way, in this day and age the GM needs to be a ruthless businessman. The HC and scouts can worry about which players best fit us, the GM needs to make cold, calculated decisions in order to maximize the value we get from those players.

bcbronc
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
until it is shown to be otherwise, I'm not considering Xman as the guy who makes the final call on player acquisitions. I think that role will ultimately fall to McD, with a strong assist from the not-yet-hired assistant with experience in scouting.

it's my belief that Xman is more of a capologist/negotiator rather than the man making the final call come draft day. just my speculation from reading between the lines, but we'll see how it shakes out.

topscribe
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Seems like his other boss thinks the complete opposite. I don't see any fire to back this smoke, I think Pat wanted a GM who knew the business side to compliment his HC who knows the personnel side. That way their egos shouldn't collide as much since each clearly knows where his background is and what his expertise is.

I wouldn't have it any other way, in this day and age the GM needs to be a ruthless businessman. The HC and scouts can worry about which players best fit us, the GM needs to make cold, calculated decisions in order to maximize the value we get from those players.

Good first post. You make some sense.

And welcome to the board! :welcome:

-----

TXBRONC
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Well done, I think this at the very least gives some balance to the stroy by Legwold.

Dean
02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
The Patriots have removed McKid's bio from their team site, but before they did it sounded to me that he was only in personnel one year before he was shifted to defense. If that is true and our GM is a "newbie", I am not filled with confidence for the upcoming draft and free agency.

TXBRONC
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
The Patriots have removed McKid's bio from their team site, but before they did it sounded to me that he was only in personnel one year before he was shifted to defense. If that is true and our GM is a "newbie", I am not filled with confidence for the upcoming draft and free agency.

There are guys on staff that have been hired to do most of the leg work right?

Dean
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
There are guys on staff that have been hired to do most of the leg work right?

Yes. . . but they don't make any decisions. They aren't the people that obtain either talent or ineptitude.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I think MickeyD will have a lot of input. Remember, he didn't just come from no-where. I'm pretty sure he's been keeping a finger on the talent coming out in the draft.

He also has player evaluation in his background, if I'm not mistaken. At this point, I'm not too worried.

Superchop 7
02-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Not Worried ?????

Well buddy......I'll say it now.....in regards to the draft......your hindsight will be 20/20.

X man coming from McKay is a good thing.

Josh coming from the Pats system is good for the offense.

Nolan is a good d-co-ordinator. (but not a talent scout by any means)

But, and I mean but, if you can't find talent, your screwed.

Lonestar
02-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I only read a couple the sky is falling posts.. and have to say this Xanders job is not to scout going on the road..

His job is to herd the folks into the corral, keep them on task and help them make decisions.. not make the decisions for them..

NOT micromanage like mikey did..

He has a HC in Mc Kid that should be a huge help and frankly Scouts only bring the raw footage to the film room they will or already have made their notes on them..

It is now time for assistant coaches to watch the film, go over the reports and help their bosses to prioritize who they want to take..

I'm sure they will hire a couple more scouts to help them for next year....

The scouts are not there not make the decisions and the GM is there to ref if no one else can make a decision.

Much ado about nothing..

topscribe
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I only read a couple the sky is falling posts.. and have to say this Xanders job is not to scout going on the road..

His job is to herd the folks into the corral, keep them on task and help them make decisions.. not make the decisions for them..

NOT micromanage like mikey did..

He has a HC in Mc Kid that should be a huge help and frankly Scouts only bring the raw footage to the film room they will or already have made their notes on them..

It is now time for assistant coaches to watch the film, go over the reports and help their bosses to prioritize who they want to take..

I'm sure they will hire a couple more scouts to help them for next year....

The scouts are not there not make the decisions and the GM is there to ref if no one else can make a decision.

Much ado about nothing..

Never thought I'd see the day when JR was more positive than I . . . :look:

-----

Dean
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Many have spent the last few years hoping that Shanahan would be fired. Five weeks ago their prayers were answered. Now, it sounds to me like, they is assuring us that they were right.

I guess we will see whether Bowlen is an oracle or an ogre.

I hope that I have completely misread the situation- McDaniel is a hall of fame coach and Xanders shows a genious for running the organization. I would be as happy as any poster on this forum if I am wrong.

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Many have spent the last few years hoping that Shanahan would be fired. Five weeks ago their prayers were answered. Now, it sounds to me like, they is assuring us that they were right.

I hope that I have completely misread the situation- McDaniel is a hall of fame coach and Xanders shows a genious for running the organization. I would be as happy as any poster on this forum if I am wrong.

You know coach I really respect your thoughts ..

But even the most strident mikey lovers saw what this guy did to this team over the years.. Just did not want to admit there was a problem.

How many time did we hear the term reloading instead of doing what was necessary rebuilding after the HOF gang retired..

Sure we won some games but in many case just did not have the right stuff.

There was NO one to blame but mikey for the absolutely worst drafts in the NFL and Pat for allowing it to happen..

While the power houses got stronger via the draft we were fumbling around in the darks mostly with expensive FA has beens hoping they would Right the ship..

some of us saw this a few years ago many just wanted hi to win they had their heads in the sand..

Now only time will tell IF Pat hired the right folks to run it.. They certainly can't be worse than the last group of clowns on defense .

So far it looks good to me.. and IF they do not have a huge improvement this year there is little doubt in my mind that we will see return to respectability at least on Defense soon after that....

MOtorboat
02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
There was NO one to blame but mikey for the absolutely worst drafts in the NFL and Pat for allowing it to happen..

lol

Did you ever do any actual comparisons, or just blind criticism for criticism's sake?

rcsodak
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Just as elections have consequences....

...so does whining/criticizing/calling for heads to roll by overambitious fans.

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
lol

Did you ever do any actual comparisons, or just blind criticism for criticism's sake?

yes have been rankings done by independents, it was listed on here this forum a bit over a year ago.. you must have missed it while it was being debated.. IIRC it was in late Nov through early Jan..

I'm sure you can find it if you really think the broncos have been good. in the draft and for that matter FA area.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOtorboat
02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
yes have been rankings done by independents, it was listed on here this forum a bit over a year ago.. you must have missed it while it was being debated.. IIRC it was in late Nov through early Jan..

I'm sure you can find it if you really think the broncos have been good. in the draft and for that matter FA area.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yup, that 2006 draft was atrocious...and what about that 2008 draft?

Lol...the rankings said we were middle of the pack. You said "absolutely worst." There's a difference. FYI.

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Yup, that 2006 draft was atrocious...and what about that 2008 draft?

Lol...the rankings said we were middle of the pack. You said "absolutely worst." There's a difference. FYI.

must have read a different report than I did because it had us bottom three I think it was from 2000-05..

But then of course you thought we did good during those years fine with me.

I am not going to lose sleep over how you feel, sounds like we will have to agree to disagree..

MOtorboat
02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
must have read a different report than I did because it had us bottom three I think it was from 2000-05..

But then of course you thought we did good during those years fine with me.

I am not going to lose sleep over how you feel, sounds like we will have to agree to disagree..

Well, that's nice and all, but the drafts from 2005-2008 are really the drafts that affect this team right now. So if you can come up with some sort of analysis about those drafts, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, let's move on, shall we?

Lonestar
02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Well, that's nice and all, but the drafts from 2005-2008 are really the drafts that affect this team right now. So if you can come up with some sort of analysis about those drafts, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, let's move on, shall we?

as I said we will have to agree to disagree .. Y'all are saying mikey was King and a few of us disagree..

I say that because of his almost total neglect of the defense since he got here and his almost total acquisition of offensive players via the draft..

That is what lead to this teams demise/degradation whatever...

The first step in recovery is to understand there was a problem.. Until Y'all take him off the pedestal and realize what he did.. we will most likely continue to have this conversation cause I'm not going to drop it..

so agree to disagree or Ignore most my posts on mikey.. what ever floats your boat..

MOtorboat
02-21-2009, 08:42 PM
as I said we will have to agree to disagree .. Y'all are saying mikey was King and a few of us disagree..

I say that because of his almost total neglect of the defense since he got here and his almost total acquisition of offensive players via the draft..

That is what lead to this teams demise/degradation whatever...

The first step in recovery is to understand there was a problem.. Until Y'all take him off the pedestal and realize what he did.. we will most likely continue to have this conversation cause I'm not going to drop it..

so agree to disagree or Ignore most my posts on mikey.. what ever floats your boat..

Where did I say there wasn't a problem with Mike Shanahan? I don't know who mikey is.

Fan in Exile
02-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Like PFT said this is one of those statements that shows us why Herock is no longer working in football.

Xanders has plenty of experiencing breaking down film he's been doing it since 1991. So he never went on the road staying at a Holiday Inn doesn't make you a good GM. Let's not get all worked up because of what we think happened or what we think Bowlen's thinking.

Let's get all worked up about who we bring in. Starting Feb 27th we're going to see what this guys worth.

I've got to say I want out of this Bizzarro world where G sounds like a paranoid whack job and Jr is making sense.

Northman
02-22-2009, 09:50 AM

-----

I second that.

Northman
02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Never thought I'd see the day when JR was more positive than I . . . :look:

-----

Thats only because Shanahan is finally gone. He's still doing cartwheels every morning in salute to his demise. :lol:

Northman
02-22-2009, 10:00 AM

Yepppppp.

Greatspirits
02-22-2009, 09:56 PM
People can say what they want, I'll reserve judgement until at least mid-season to see how our rookies and FA's have done.

warcrychief
02-23-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm not going to loose sleep over this. In 2-3 months the draft is going to be over and we will have a roster full of 80 guys. And from where I'm standing, this team has nowhere to go but up. I'm fine with Bowlen wanting to take this team in a new direction, and if we loose, we loose. I'm not switching teams, or going anywhere.

No you can actually go 1 or 2 spots down.

JKcatch724
02-23-2009, 04:48 AM

Us Broncos don't go anywhere below 1st or 2nd. As you can see we don't enjoy 2nd. Enjoy the basement.

Thnikkaman
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry, my Missouri speak to English translator is broken. Please use simple english we can all understand. ;)

warcrychief
02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
we love 2nd more than first.

Well ill be happy to let you keep 2nd all you want. As far as i can see we are moving in 2 different directions. Donkey Still and Chiefs up.

Greatspirits
02-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Well ill be happy to let you keep 2nd all you want. As far as i can see we are moving in 2 different directions. Donkey Still and Chiefs up.

Keep dreaming Queefy boy, keep dreaming! For thats all you've had for the past 30 years, is just hopes and dreams.

rcsodak
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM

That would mean denver is again #2, and the chefs moving all the way up to #3! Woop-di-dooooo. Enjoy those 5 wins.

Lonestar
02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
OK spam, trolling and smack are not the name of this particular thread so lets get

:focus:

EMB6903
02-24-2009, 12:54 AM

1 or 2 spots down??? that has to be impossible.... Worse then the chiefs or Raiders?

lets be real now

and PS hey Chiefs fan win a NFL Championship, then get at me

Lonestar
02-24-2009, 12:58 AM
OK spam, trolling and smack are not the name of this particular thread so lets get

:focus:

one more time folks..