PDA

View Full Version : Says here

Jsteve01
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
The screen pass is an effective tool to use on teams that pursue strong and put 8 men in the box. I bet Mike McCoy would like to hear more about this super technical offensive football play. Sounds a little scary to me.

BroncoNut
01-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't know, but it sounds pretty kinky to me

Krugan
01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
how many threads does it take to get the point across?

The world may never know...

Jsteve01
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
how many threads does it take to get the point across?

The world may never know...

Hi Krugan....I'll take a moment to think up a response to you as another thread. Thanks for the inspiration. You're a fine feller.

BroncoNut
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Krugan....I'll take a moment to think up a response to you as another thread. Thanks for the inspiration. You're a fine feller.

I like Krugan. i think I will send Krugan a friendship request.

but yeah Steve, ... ummm.. we get it. the screen is effective when teams put 8 men into the box. would you like to plagarize the rest of chapter 4 of football for dummies to us?

Thnikkaman
01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I am intrigued by this screen pass. Tell me more.

Krugan
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I feel special, and loved and all that stuff :)

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
McCoy prob though that NE's Hernandez and Gronkowski were WRs.

catfish
01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I am intrigued by this screen pass. Tell me more.

I feel like we should be passing a ball not a screen, but I don't know much about football

chazoe60
01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Do you have to have a screen to accomplish this play? Does the screen have to report as an eligible receiver? Which player is responsible for carrying and opening the screen?

Gosh, everything since the Wing-T has been to dern technical for me.

catfish
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Do you have to have a screen to accomplish this play? Does the screen have to report as an eligible receiver? Which player is responsible for carrying and opening the screen?

Gosh, everything since the Wing-T has been to dern technical for me.

ever since they implemented the forward pass this game is over my head :)

chazoe60
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Every foward pass should be an illegal forward pass.

Dzone
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
They attempted lots of screens. Tebow missed and sailed them 50 yards to the equipment manager.

GEM
01-03-2012, 05:34 PM
The screen pass is an effective tool to use on teams that pursue strong and put 8 men in the box. I bet Mike McCoy would like to hear more about this super technical offensive football play. Sounds a little scary to me.

My boss was texting me Sunday and asked what they needed to do.....in BOLD letters, I replied screen passes.

:D

****, I should get paid for this shit. :laugh:

Thnikkaman
01-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought that you couldn't touch the ball with your hands or else the other team gets a penalty kick. Now I hear that they are picking it up and throwing it down field?

W T F????

MasterShake
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
They were talking about this earlier on one of the sports shows and they said the reason its not working is because the defense is not blizting. They usually have a few spies on Tebow, and they would shut down a screen pretty quick.

But still... THROW A SCREEN!

Krugan
01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
As shake said, screens arent going to work.

The way teams are approaching us defensively isnt going to allow it, what we need is our WR's to beat the man they have been getting and get open.

Well more open, at least open more often, or something other than what we have seen.

catfish
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM

The way teams are approaching us defensively isnt going to allow it, what we need is our WR's to beat the man they have been getting and get open.

Well more open, at least open more often, or something other than what we have seen.

agreed about the screens, I bt with an offseason to work on routes the WR are turning a half step, or a step into a step and a half to three steps by next year

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
agreed about the screens, I bt with an offseason to work on routes the WR are turning a half step, or a step into a step and a half to three steps by next year

Well if WRs only do a double move every time CBs wont bite. Just like against KC. Eddie Royal showed us that the double move was about all they got.

catfish
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Well if WRs only do a double move every time CBs wont bite. Just like against KC. Eddie Royal showed us that the double move was about all they got.

I am hoping for growth at several positions in the offseason WR being one of them

GEM
01-03-2012, 06:42 PM

But what we all see as open, Tebow doesn't. He doesn't see the windows and he's afraid to throw into the tight coverage.

Krugan
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
But what we all see as open, Tebow doesn't. He doesn't see the windows and he's afraid to throw into the tight coverage.

I agree, there are alot of missed openings :(

That being said, im not sold that there isnt more to it than just lack of abilty there, im thinking its about 50/50 on ability and coaching tell him to be overly careful.

We may never know there, and thats okay, I would just prefer that we didnt have to go through this damn search for a QB, it really makes just enjoying the team hard.

Locnar
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
chapter 4 of football for dummies

You mind sending a few of these to Dove Valley?

Medford Bronco
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM

You need to throw those 10-15 yard intermediate routes that real NFL Qbs throw. That will not happen until next season if we are lucky

and an occasional slant or in cut. God basic throws seem so hard to complete. It is sad really and bad to watch.....

Medford Bronco
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM

He is afraid to throw period or at least was on Sunday.

I have never been more frustrated watching football. We have a good defense. I wish we had a Jake Plummer type, He is a HOFer compared to the crap that we are subjected to now.

To win this weeked we need 5 turnover and a pick 6 and we squeak by 16-13..

Joel
01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah... I know a head coach like that.... :tsk:

MOtorboat
01-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Like open by 10 yards and hope the ball is on target open...

What I saw the last two games is downright pathetic. Tebow (and apparently some of his fan bois) is going to have to learn that NFL open isn't SEC open. I thought he'd got to that point after the Minnesota game, but he's seemingly regressed the last four games.

In the NFL if a receiver has an inside step on his receiver, he's open. If a cornerback is high side on a sideline route, your receiver is open on the back shoulder. When a receiver hasn't even made his cut on a comeback and the defensive back is either stride for stride or has outside position, that receiver is open.

There will be only a few plays a game where any receiver gets truly open, like we saw with Thomas against Minnesota. Sometimes, they just won't get that open, ever. Sometimes, your ability to complete early passes allows your receivers more ability to get open.

So much relies on the quarterbacks ability to get the ball to his receiver on time and accurate, including your receivers own ability to get "open." Because once you get that back shoulder pass completed, that opens up the go, the fade and the double move. Once you complete that out or the comeback that opens up the slant, the go, the double move and the deep comeback...

BeefStew25
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't wanna be a dick here, but McCoy can't force Tebow to grow a brain.

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
If you put eight and nine in the box screen passes are ineffective.

bcbronc
01-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Screens are football judo...they use the defense's aggression against it.

The aggressionless defense defends perfectly the screen, grasshopper.

BeefStew25
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Keep Tebow in the pocket and load the box and don't blitz, and you have won.