PDA

View Full Version : Dave Logan is a schmo.

Superchop 7
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Actually, I like Dave......I just happen to disagree.

Last night, he took time out of his vacation to mention that in bump and run, single safety......you should throw back shoulder passes.

Cmon Dave....

I have DT, a big receiver....a guy that can knock a cb on his ass at the line if he feels like it, run straight down the field a step ahead of the cb, there is no safety help.....AND YOU WANT A BACK SHOULDER PASS ?????

How many people think Tebow is a great back shoulder passer to begin with ?

No, and hell no Dave.

One on one in that situation?

Throw it up and let the big kid run under it.

He will have a step on the cb, even if the throw is not in stride.....DT will still come down with the ball. He is taller and stronger.

Tebow is actually pretty good at throwing the 9 route.

and......while I am at it.....

You blamed everything on Tebow, you said his confidence is shot.

The point is valid to a certain degree,

But, you seemed to think the upstairs was without any blame.

Never mentioned that our o-line is not very good at pass blocking.

Our receivers were not exactly setting the world on fire.

You think throwing back shoulder passes against cover 1 is the way to go?

You think that when every defender is collapsing on McGahee, and the ls c gap is wide open on the left side.....nobody should blame the upstairs for not seeing that a fake would have produced 25 yards? (would have at least made the d quit cheating by doing it once)

You say that we can't get around the defense during pass plays.....? (contain philosophy) OK Dave.....tell me what Parcells would do....(run block on a pass play)

This seemed like.....the guys in the booth were reading a script....not looking at the field.

It's the first time this year that I have had a problem with what they were doing upstairs.....usually....they see it pretty well.

When you say "somehow, he needs to get his confidence back?"....then offer nothing?......well....here is something......QB meeting in Johns office......John can get him back on track like no one else in Dove Valley can.

Just let er rip son, just let er rip.

Northman
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Tebow cant even throw an out pattern.....

jhildebrand
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
The late pass to Willis appeared to be a back shoulder pass. It was a bit low.

jhildebrand
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM

He threw a couple against Buffalo. He also threw a bullet to the right, something people say he can't do, against the Chefs.

Northman
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
He threw a couple against Buffalo. He also threw a bullet to the right, something people say he can't do, against the Chefs.

He misses more than he hits which is why his percentage is so bad.

rcsodak
01-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Mccoy:ok, who wants to run a button along the right sideline?

DT:edie will

Royal:Willis will

Willis: DT will

Mccoy:ok....only say your own name!

....silence.....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
01-03-2012, 01:44 PM

I have all the games dvr'd. I plan at the end of the year to go through them and look at each play call and formation and really look at the games.

As far as I can tell the team has rarely thrown those out patterns but when they have he has hit on them despite the continued insistence he can't hit them.

It is the middle of the field that seems to be Tebow's biggest problem/fear. Other than the Fells TD in the 2nd half of the Bills game, I can't recall too many middle of the field passes.

He had Decker on that flea flicker twice and didn't even heave it up!

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 01:45 PM

He also throws so little that his throw aways add up drastically against him. He had like 4 in first half.

Nomad
01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I have all the games dvr'd. I plan at the end of the year to go through them and look at each play call and formation and really look at the games.
As far as I can tell the team has rarely thrown those out patterns but when they have he has hit on them despite the continued insistence he can't hit them.

It is the middle of the field that seems to be Tebow's biggest problem/fear. Other than the Fells TD in the 2nd half of the Bills game, I can't recall too many middle of the field passes.

Dedication! Send the BRONCOS your hours and charge them accordingly:D

catfish
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Decker ran the wrong route on the flea flicker

jhildebrand
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Dedication! Send the BRONCOS your hours and charge them accordingly:D

Its just for my own curiosity. When you watch the games more objectively, and knowing what happens, you see things you might not have otherwise.

jhildebrand
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM

He did? :confused:

Did someone come out and say that? I think that is the first time i heard that.

Northman
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM

I can say right now just by the last game (and the jets game) that he throws them very LOW on the out patterns. He cant hit them consistently in stride at all. I agree on the middle of the field stuff.

Northman
01-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Well, if your open your open. I dont know how you can miss an open guy whether he is on the wrong route or not. Secondly, do you have link to Fox presser where this was said? I would love to listen to it. Not calling you out, just really want to hear it since its the first time ive heard it.

catfish
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/John-Fox-Press-Conference/175b2a31-f099-4e87-a6fc-633c2f0942cb

fox said it, 15:10 in

Elevation inc
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM

yeah fox in his presser

dont worry though its tebows fault for not throwing to decker even though decker ran the wrong route....lol its always tebow just like its always not tebow.....seems to be no common sense middle ground for many posters here

NameUsedBefore
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
It's been mentioned that he ran into Fells and got thrown off his route. And this is the NFL. You can't just lob one up on the off chance that you and your receiver are on the same page, there were corners riding underneath and Decker shifted directions at least once. That's how passes get intercepted, Favre-style.

catfish
01-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Well, if your open your open. I dont know how you can miss an open guy whether he is on the wrong route or not. Secondly, do you have link to Fox presser where this was said? I would love to listen to it. Not calling you out, just really want to hear it since its the first time ive heard it.

It's a little more comlicated than that. Once they are on the wrong route you need to wait until they finish their route and look back at the QB before you can throw, so regardless of if he was open until he looked back the ball couldnt be throw else Decker may have just run away from it and left it out for an easy pick. I am not saying Tebow didn't play poorly on other plays, but it isn't as simple as he was open throw it to him.

Probably explains the pump fakes on the play. Tebow started to throw a timing route, saw the route was incorrect, pulled it down, saw the second move, saw it still wasn't where it was supposed to go, and took off. If you count the seconds about the time Decker looks back to the QB Tebow is already on the run. Once he starts rolling right any thought of throwing to the left sideline is out the window(unless you want a guaranteed pick).

On another note I read there was a play where 2 receivers ran into each other...anyone see when it happened?

edit: I have tried to explain un-biasedly how in this instance throwing the ball away was the right call. Not indicitave of anything else than one play. I haen't the time or the desire to go over every single play in the detail that would be required. If you are willing to by all means let me know. This guy did, if you trust his analysis great, if not also fine. Addresses playcalling v. execution on the passing plays with a short write up.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/1/2/2677552/tebows-dropbacks-kc-and-mccoys-play-calling

catfish
01-03-2012, 02:23 PM
yeah fox in his presser

dont worry though its tebows fault for not throwing to decker even though decker ran the wrong route....lol its always tebow just like its always not tebow.....seems to be no common sense middle ground for many posters here

and I feel the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. QB play was poor, but there are other qb's who have completed ~30% in a game this year(week 4 Baltimore v. NYJ)...the sky isn't falling just yet, WR have some work to do, but they are far from the sole reason the game was awful. It pretty much was a lack of execution on several different fronts. Luckily Elway will have time to look at Tebow in the offseason prior to making any calls draftwise so no decisions need to be made today.

vandammage13
01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I have DT, a big receiver....a guy that can knock a cb on his ass at the line if he feels like it, run straight down the field a step ahead of the cb, there is no safety help.....AND YOU WANT A BACK SHOULDER PASS ?????

How many people think Tebow is a great back shoulder passer to begin with ?

No, and hell no Dave.

One on one in that situation?

Throw it up and let the big kid run under it.

He will have a step on the cb, even if the throw is not in stride.....DT will still come down with the ball. He is taller and stronger.

Tebow is actually pretty good at throwing the 9 route.

While throwing up jump balls to DT sounds good in theory (given his physical measurements), he hasn't really ever shown that he can be that type of reciever.

Perhaps he can be that WR, but I doubt he's talented enough of a player that you can just throw the ball up for grabs and hope he'll come down with it at a high rate of success.

...Decent WR, but Randy Moss he is not.

rcsodak
01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh my. Yet another ex-nfl'er (pass catcher, and coach, no less)finding themself on a TT shit list.
When will they ever learn. :lol:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
His back shoulder pass to DT was over his shoulder and almost in the defenders hands. Coulda, woulda & shoulda don't mean shit if you can't pass the ball with sustained consistency.

GEM
01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
An NFL QB makes a career of windows and getting it in there. The WR's don't know when the ball is coming their way, if they are going to need to speed up for the catch, slow down for the catch, jump for the catch, etc. Tebow, for all his good qualities, has no consistencies. He's not consistently over throwing it, he's not under throwing it, it's all over the place. WR's live by rhythm. Unfortunately with the inconsistencies, there is no and for the foreseeable future will be no rhythm.

GEM
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
While throwing up jump balls to DT sounds good in theory (given his physical measurements), he hasn't really ever shown that he can be that type of reciever.

Perhaps he can be that WR, but I doubt he's talented enough of a player that you can just throw the ball up for grabs and hope he'll come down with it at a high rate of success.

...Decent WR, but Randy Moss he is not.

Change the name and position around and you just described Tebow. :laugh: