PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCoy interviewing with Jaguars

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
PLEASEGOPLEASEGOPLEASEGOPLEASEGOPLEASEGO

Being reported by John Clayton and PFT.

"McCoy is per ESPN's John Clayton RT @ProFootballTalk: Add Mike McCoy, Bill O'Brien to the Jaguars' interview list"

www.twitter.com/PostBroncos

RebelRocker
01-02-2012, 06:46 PM

"McCoy is per ESPN's John Clayton RT @ProFootballTalk: Add Mike McCoy, Bill O'Brien to the Jaguars' interview list"

Seriously? have they watched any of our games this season? LOL

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Hopefully he is a really good interviewer!

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I'll write a letter of recomendation if that'll help.

Mike
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
:pray:

Dzone
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh man, this has to be a joke. Maybe they think McCoy is a genius for altering the offense midstream.
Jacksonville must be trying to self destruct

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe they want to get a headstart on the "blow for Barkley" campaign.

Mike
01-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Oh man, this has to be a joke. Maybe they think McCoy is a genius for altering the offense midstream.
Jacksonville must be trying to self destruct

Shhh.

McCoy IS a genius. Single handedly altered the offense in midseason to fit the FB Tebow and was a key player in the turnaround that led a league's worst team to the playoffs. The loss of McCoy would easily be as big of a disaster for Denver as the hiring of McDaniels.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Makes sense if the Jags are going to trade for Tebow. ;)

Nick
01-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I personally think McCoy is an overachiever. This is not always a good thing. This team was a 3-4 win team but instead hit .500. So your selecting in draft with teams that have a lot of good talent around there team.

If you remove the offensive turnovers the last 3 games. The outcome would have been very close.

Also, if you give him a team that is more designed for passing I can see him as a 70-30 pass OC but we are not that.

I did not want Fox here but McCoy at OC is not a horrible thing. The grass is not always greener and with a different OC... Tebow would have been the biggest laughing stock in the history of QB's IMO.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Makes sense if the Jags are going to trade for Tebow. ;)

So that's the plan....McCoy gets the Jags gig and BRONCOS trade Tebow to Jacksonville.:D

Dzone
01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I kind of like the looks of our OC and DC. McCoy and Allen look lean, gaunt, sinewy and raw. Kind of like Shannahan without the red face. I would rather have that than a coach who looks like rex ryan

spikerman
01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
So that's the plan....McCoy gets the Jags gig and BRONCOS trade Tebow to Jacksonville.:D

I still want to see what Tebow can do, but if the Broncos can fleece them, I'd be all for it. It would be nice to "win" a trade for a change.

Nick
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM

That sure will fill there seats and only team willing to trade up by packaging probably. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck will be gone by that selection.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I still want to see what Tebow can do, but if the Broncos can fleece them, I'd be all for it. It would be nice to "win" a trade for a change.

Yeah....before people get unglued, it's all in jest. Jacksonville's revenue would definitely go up and claymore would post here more.:lol:

Joel
01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm ambivalent: I think replacing him with a Norv Turner (assuming Norv's amenable to that) would be an upgrade, but I don't know how much of our offensive woes the last few years should be laid at McCoys feet. McDumbass vindictively micromanaged everything: You can bet that if McCoy even ONCE called any play except the one McDumbass pre-selected he would've been doing interviews by Thanksgiving of LAST year. Fox isn't as tyrannical (who is...?) but anyone who has even a passing familiarity with Foxball ought to know McCoy's not really calling many plays this year either. From what Fox tells the press every week, our primary offensive play caller is the current opponents DC, not Mike McCoy. Can't blame McCoy when that blows up in our faces.

Do the Jags lose draft picks for this, by the way? I thought the NFL prohibited interviewing other teams coaches until the end of their season, or does that only count the REGULAR season? Doesn't seem like it should; think it would be a distraction for the Packers if they found out a week before the Super Bowl that their DC would be Chicagos head coach next year?

elsid13
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I kind of like the looks of our OC and DC. McCoy and Allen look lean, gaunt, sinewy and raw. Kind of like Shannahan without the red face. I would rather have that than a coach who looks like rex ryan

Caesar:
Antonio!

Marcus Antonius:
Caesar?

Caesar:
Let me have men about me that are fat,
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights.
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look,
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.

cardoso
01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
We raped Chicago and how did that turn out?

spikerman
01-02-2012, 07:28 PM

At this point, considering what Denver did with the picks I think it was Chicago that did the raping. I know that was your point. It was mine too.

Krugan
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
and the coaching wheel spins more...

look, im not happy with play selection either, but at some point, a team needs to keep a coach for a period of time

honestly he did a good enough job to get us into the playoffs

Cugel
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM

It's sad to think there are Broncos fans out there that are deluded enough to believe this. :ranger:

ONE of the infinite sins of Josh McDaniels was that after screwing the pooch by forcing the trade of Cutler he failed utterly to maximize what the Broncos got in return. The Jets and Redskins were actually angry that the Broncos refused to let them get into a bidding war for Cutler!

McMoron insisted on taking the Chicago deal because he wanted Orton thrown in. Chicago had less to offer than Detroit in terms of draft picks, and Washington and the Jets would have tried to top each other's bids.

McMoron never even bothered to return their calls!

Of course none of that matters because McMoron then proceeded to utterly THROW AWAY all the draft picks, taking such pro-bowlers as Alphonso Smith, Knowshon Moreno, and Robert Ayers with #1 picks (instead of available players like Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews). He would only have wasted more picks if they had them.

But, to say that Denver "raped" Chicago is just insane. They took the lowest offer because it included Orton. :rolleyes:

underrated29
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Even if we get blown out by Pitts if McCoy leaves for the jags it will be a major success!!!

The circle is almost complete.

Dzone
01-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Strange to hear Jim Tressell being talked about as a possible NFL head coach

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Seriously, McCoy would do well to leave! It must be an absolute nightmare working with, game planning with, and call plays with Tebow at the helm.

Fox-Elway must not have given McCoy must job security and Jaguars must be willing to offer McCoy more stability and to work with a prototypical NFL QB in Gabbert(sp).

spikerman
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Seriously, McCoy would do well to leave! It must be an absolute nightmare working with, game planning with, and call plays with Tebow at the helm.

Fox-Elway must not have given McCoy must job security and Jaguars must be willing to offer McCoy more stability and to work with a prototypical NFL QB in Gabbert(sp).

I didn't read the article, but for him to go it would have to be for a promotion. Either HC or OC/Asst HC.

SR
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Jesus Christ I hope he takes it!

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
FWIW, I support McCoy moving on to bigger an better things. :lol:

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Hopefully McCoy gets McDaniels to do up a PowerPoint presentation for him before the interview.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Jesus Christ I hope he takes it!

I hope he takes Tebow with him!!!!:beer:

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I didn't read the article, but for him to go it would have to be for a promotion. Either HC or OC/Asst HC.

didn't I read somewhere that McCoy's contract expires at the end of the season? If so, no promotion would be needed.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
didn't I read somewhere that McCoy's contract expires at the end of the season? If so, no promotion would be needed.

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but you're right, if his contract is up no need for a promotion.

underrated29
01-02-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah definitely. I mean Tebow is the hardest person to work with. Has the worst work ethic ever. He isn't a multi dimensional threat like Kyle orton. He can't win and he will never ever get better because he is a vet and has maxed out his potential.

You are right he is absolutely an OC s worst nightmare

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah definitely. I mean Tebow is the hardest person to work with. Has the worst work ethic ever. He isn't a multi dimensional threat like Kyle orton. He can't win and he will never ever get better because he is a vet and has maxed out his potential.

You are absolutely an OC s worst nightmare

He can't pass. It's kind of a problem.

I'm as shocked as everyone else, because it has to be a promotion, but obviously the people in the know don't blame McCoy for the offensive problems. That speaks volumes.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
McCoy does have one thing on his resume that could be convincing to others who don't actually watch our games... we do have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. That sounds good to a team like Jax who is a run-first team.

Hopefully they'll bite. Unless McCoy gets a promotion on another team, I honestly don't think he'll be going anywhere. I think Fox likes him and they have a familiar relationship.

Would I like to see him go? Yes.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:40 PM

You are right he is absolutely an OC s worst nightmare

I know! Have you seen Tebow's laser release! Even when you use slow motion camera's the camera's still can't slow his release down. Utterly F'ing amazing.

Every throw is right on the mark! Tim right now is the most accurate QB in the league right now. When your team is down by 21 points in the 4th Qtr you want Tim Tebow behind center and in the pocket to bring your team back from defeat.

No doubt Tebow has Denver ready for a run at the Super Bowl this year. I've bought my tickets! Have you????:tsk:

elsid13
01-02-2012, 09:40 PM
He can't pass. It's kind of a problem.

I'm as shocked as everyone else, because it has to be a promotion, but obviously the people in the know don't blame McCoy for the offensive problems. That speaks volumes.

It's for the HC job, so yeah it is promotion.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:41 PM
It's for the HC job, so yeah it is promotion.

So, either the Jaguars are stupid, or the fans are. One of the two, because it can't be both...

elsid13
01-02-2012, 09:42 PM
So, either the Jaguars are stupid, or the fans are. One of the two, because it can't be both...

I am going with the fans. It is northern Florida

underrated29
01-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Negative bur because of Tebow I do have a chance to buy playoff tickets. Something our belowed Kyle and Cutler could not do

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I am going with the fans. It is northern Florida

I meant our fans, for thinking he's the problem.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Negative bur because of Tebow I do have a chance to buy playoff tickets. Something our belowed Kyle and Cutler could not do

Okay go buy your tickets.:beer:

elsid13
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM

I am going with the Tebow fans, and they are from Northern Florida.

underrated29
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM

I've thought McCoy has such led for basically all three years he has been here. I even had my sig before the season started.

He is IMO just not a good enough OC. Predictable as all get. Won't work the middle of the field. And won't switch things up.

But people are kidding themselves when for the past 2Idaho years we the dumb fans have been able to predict the exact play that we are going to run, or when the defensive players were calling our play before we hiked it. As evident by Brando. Lloyd responding to hearing the d players say our plays.

If that makes mike a good OC and me a dumb fan then our team is in a real world of shit.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I've thought McCoy has such led for basically all three years he has been here. I even had my sig before the season started.

He is IMO just not a good enough OC. Predictable as all get. Won't work the middle of the field. And won't switch things up.

But people are kidding themselves when for the past 2Idaho years we the dumb fans have been able to predict the exact play that we are going to run, or when the defensive players were calling our play before we hiked it. As evident by Brando. Lloyd responding to hearing the d players say our plays.

If that makes mike a good OC and me a dumb fan then our team is in a real world of shit.

He's only called the plays for 19 games. And I still don't know what the hell he's supposed to do with a quarterback like this...

underrated29
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
He's only called the plays for 19 games. And I still don't know what the hell he's supposed to do with a quarterback like this...

Its true josh might not ha e let him call the plays. We don't known for sure, but look at last game for ex. Practically the entire game we were running into 8-9the guys in the box. That is an ideal time to call a screen or a quick slant as there are only 2 guys back.

Also and this drives me the most nuts. The entire game yesterday, the entire middle of the field was a giant open square filled with the MLB spy. No slants, no crossing,crossings

If we would ever send someone across it not only will be an easy read for Tebow, it will not only soften up the lbs for Tebow to run, but it will also keep the dbs and savvies from sitting on our routes. We only seem to have go routes on double moves and a deep post or cross.
WE NEVER THROW SHORT HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAYS TO SOFTEN up the coverage and help move the chains. Its also why we are guaranteed to punt if we get a hold or false start. Its either run or go patterns. And if anyone goes back and looks they will see just how ope .. the short/mid middle is.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Its true josh might not ha e let him call the plays. We don't known for sure, but look at last game for ex. Practically the entire game we were running into 8-9the guys in the box. That is an ideal time to call a screen or a quick slant as there are only 2 guys back.

Also and this drives me the most nuts. The entire game yesterday, the entire middle of the field was a giant open square filled with the MLB spy. No slants, no crossing,crossings

If we would ever send someone across it not only will be an easy read for Tebow, it will not only soften up the lbs for Tebow to run, but it will also keep the dbs and savvies from sitting on our routes. We only seem to have go routes on double moves and a deep post or cross.
WE NEVER THROW SHORT HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAYS TO SOFTEN up the coverage and help move the chains. Its also why we are guaranteed to punt if we get a hold or false start. Its either run or go patterns. And if anyone goes back and looks they will see just how ope .. the short/mid middle is.

We do know he wasn't calling plays.

Why aren't they throwing "high percentage" throws? Those throws entail timing and accuracy. Tebow has neither.

Remember the screen that essentially changed the path of the Buffalo game? He didn't even have the presence of mind to throw it at the feet of the receiver. Big sack, momentum change, rout is on.

Slants and comebacks? Can't read the defense or anticipate enough to make the proper throw.

Crosses? Won't throw the ball even when receivers are open.

Back shoulder? Thrown in front of the receiver and not remotely on target.

Deep? Wildly under thrown, pathetically under thrown.

What in the hell is McCoy suppose to call. He can't make any of those throws.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM

When McDaniels got to Denver he said he would be calling the plays.

underrated29
01-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I remember last year and ore season this year and a game or two early this tear that Tebow has thrown screens to the rb for scores. Bucky had a couple. Moreno had one earlier this year.

How can we say Tebow can't hit those short crosses as he has no timing or accuracy when we never throw them? I'm not going to make excuses for Genoas passing be wise we all know it needs major work, but he's never going to get better unless we throw them.

Hell we can just have mcgahhee or ball go 5to yards strait and sit. Tebow won't need timing or touch. Just a toss. If the MLB takes the rb, then Tebow will have a lane to run.

There is something wrong when all of your pass plays called are Over 10 yards. Regardless how good/bad your qb is.

underrated29
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM
My phone is so retarded. If you guys can't handle understand what I'm typing.....

Sorry, my phone is weird and I don't feel like trying to fix all the dumb whit auto correct puts in there.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
McCoy's playcalling is awful. Not excusing Tebow's poor play because of it but come on MO, McCoy is terrible. How do we never throw screen passes? If I see anothe game start with run right, run left, QB draw I'm going to lose my mind.

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I remember last year and ore season this year and a game or two early this tear that Tebow has thrown screens to the rb for scores. Bucky had a couple. Moreno had one earlier this year.

that was last year before the book was out on Tebow. No one tries to get upf field against us now. Ends just stay wide and read, looking to keep Tebow in the pocket (no need to sack him, eventually he'll run into someone and fall down). You can't run screens against that kind of defense because the screen depends on defenders being anxious to get to the QB.

How can we say Tebow can't hit those short crosses as he has no timing or accuracy when we never throw them? I'm not going to make excuses for Genoas passing be wise we all know it needs major work, but he's never going to get better unless we throw them.

against KC we didn't throw any not because they weren't called, but because Tebow wouldn't throw the ball. He knows if he misses by 2 yards on a short crossing route, it's probably a pick. He also knows he misses by 2+ yards on a lot of his throws. Equals paralysis.

There is something wrong when all of your pass plays called are Over 10 yards. Regardless how good/bad your qb is.

our QB draws are our short passing game. They've stopped working tho.

igoe4broncos
01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Both McCoy and Tebow suck at this point. There is nothing to argue about.

DenBronx
01-03-2012, 01:36 AM
That sure will fill there seats and only team willing to trade up by packaging probably. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck will be gone by that selection.

Package the Jags pick and ours should get it done.

And if you're going to trade up for RG3 then might as well go ALL IN and just get Luck. Have Jac ship Blaine Gabbert to Indy and sit behind Manning to sweeten the deal.

sneakers
01-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Hopefully he is a really good interviewer!

He would have to be to get a job.

Elevation inc
01-03-2012, 05:20 AM
I will pray everyday he gets selected as the HC.....

VonSackemMiller
01-03-2012, 06:25 AM
OMG please let this happen.

VonSackemMiller
01-03-2012, 06:27 AM
We do know he wasn't calling plays.

Why aren't they throwing "high percentage" throws? Those throws entail timing and accuracy. Tebow has neither.

Remember the screen that essentially changed the path of the Buffalo game? He didn't even have the presence of mind to throw it at the feet of the receiver. Big sack, momentum change, rout is on.

Slants and comebacks? Can't read the defense or anticipate enough to make the proper throw.

Crosses? Won't throw the ball even when receivers are open.

Back shoulder? Thrown in front of the receiver and not remotely on target.

Deep? Wildly under thrown, pathetically under thrown.

What in the hell is McCoy suppose to call. He can't make any of those throws.

tebow made every throw under mcdaniels, we ran every route, hes made plenty nfl throws this year but when your number 2 in drops shit happens.

claymore
01-03-2012, 08:12 AM
tebow made every throw under mcdaniels, we ran every route, hes made plenty nfl throws this year but when your number 2 in drops shit happens.

Other than pre-season what games did Tebow start under McD? I thought Tebow came in when McD was fired?

Chef Zambini
01-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Jacksonville must be trying to self destruct...or they are prteparing to lay the ground work to bring TEBOW back to florida!
(I guess thats the same thing as self -destruct)
mcoy and TT end up with the jags, hooray for the broncos !
This is just the kind of story I need to keep me out of a deep depression waiting for our match-up against the steelers.

Chef Zambini
01-03-2012, 08:27 AM

Hell we can just have mcgahhee or ball go 5to yards strait and sit. Tebow won't need timing or touch. Just a toss. If the MLB takes the rb, then Tebow will have a lane to run.

There is something wrong when all of your pass plays called are Over 10 yards. Regardless how good/bad your qb is.forgive me but I can recall numerous times this season when Timmy had a wide open RB or rerciever just 5 yuards away from him and could not throw that guy a catchable pass !
maybe mccoy didnt call more of those plays for fear that timmy would embarass himself?
Actually, as i waytched the games there were plenty of times when a bronco was open within 5 yuards of the LOS and timmy just could not find him.

VonSackemMiller
01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Other than pre-season what games did Tebow start under McD? I thought Tebow came in when McD was fired?

I mean i wasnt even counting the pre season games but he looked good in those too. But my point is tebow under being mentored by Ben and josh looked like he was learning something when he stepped on the field after mcd was fired. mccoy ran the same offense last year when MCD was fired. its clearly not the offense mccoys running now. not the same play calls either.

Tebow did come in after mcd was fired. Just saying you can tell he was learning something. the game didnt look toofast, we kept running the same offense, tebow was in the pocket, there was no read option, it was looking good. which gave most bronco fans hope including elway that tebow was going to be the guy. then we come into camp and after two practices of working with mccoy and fox tebows the 4th string qb? lol

Chef Zambini
01-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Other than pre-season what games did Tebow start under McD? I thought Tebow came in when McD was fired?your memeory is correct.
JMCD only brought in TT for the occasional wild-horse.
even a moron like JMCD realized that TT was not ready for the NFL.
JMCD was HOPING he could metsamorphosis Timmy into a QB of his own image so JMCD could then claim him as his creation and continue to massage his own ego !
JMCD has more ego than brains, it is his achillies heal ! JMCD is a defiant petulant moron who wantsd to go against the grain and prove to the world what a great football mensa he is.
He is a punk!
and his frankenstein experiment with TEBOW was just another example of his twisted ego thinking he could make something out of nothing!
JMCD thought he coulkd change TT's throwing motion and transform him into a pocket passer.
brilliant josh, brilliant.

VonSackemMiller
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
tebow completed 50% of his passes his first start, 55% of his passes his 2nd start, and then the finally on the road vs the chargers he completed 44% of his passes

throwing for 138 his first start, 308 his 2nd start, and 205 his last start. we havent seen anything comparable to him last year because hes working with an amateur and elway traded away his only legit WR. smh its a shame how dumb some fans can be at times.

Northman
01-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Time to put another troll on ignore. God, i hate Tebow fanboi's.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Oh please get the job McCoy!

What a wonderful present that would be.

Tebow or otherwise, I would just like to see a half-decent O-coordinator here that has the ability to make in-game adjustments to what the opposing defense is doing as well as showing a little bit of innovation..... and McCoy definitely doesn't fit the bill.

dogfish
01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
mccoy should call up mcdaniels and see if he can borrow the famous powerpoint presentation-- that thing apparently works wonders. . . .

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 03:18 PM
McCoy hired as HC and then hires McD......wow i can see that happening.

Nomad
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
McCoy hired as HC and then hires McD......wow i can see that happening.

That would something to see.....who would kill who first?:lol:

underrated29
01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Just get him out of here!!

If we beat pitts, i gurantee he is gone! Just like the former AZ OC....And everyone saw just how much he sucked.