PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall out for playoffs, Broncos WIN this week!

lgenf
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
ESPN just confirmed that his knee is all torn up so he's out for the playoffs.

Ben Rapes-a-baby is still limping around on a bum ankle

WE WIN this week, no way we lose this one.

McCoy gets his head out of his ass this week, runs the spread formation and spread option and we take the victory!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

I Eat Staples
01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
The spread is not what we need to win games. We need a QB who will actually pass the ball to a receiver when he gets open.

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 05:09 PM
One of these weeks you're gonna be right! :lol:

Hopefully it's this week. GO BRONCOS!

lgenf
01-02-2012, 05:09 PM
The spread is not what we need to win games. We need a QB who will actually pass the ball to a receiver when he gets open.

Trust the spread formation young Padawan trust it.........

Nomad
01-02-2012, 05:10 PM
It's a very tall order but it could happen and it'll take a total team effort. I'm trying to find my orange-colored glasses so I can agree.:lol:

spikerman

McCoy gets his head out of his ass this week, runs the spread formation and spread option and we take the victory!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Even without their starting RB and a one-legged QB, they're better than the Chiefs. Don't you predict a win without any problems every week?

Nomad

he was right all of november

lgenf
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Come on Cam

I was right about Oakland, and I was like 1 of three that were positive before that game

spikerman
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
It's a very tall order but it could happen and it'll take a total team effort. I'm trying to find my orange-colored glasses so I can agree.:lol:

I want to be optimistic, but it's tough. The past two weeks have taken a lot out of me.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I want to be optimistic, but it's tough. The past two weeks have taken a lot out of me.

yeah, I came into both of those games assured the BRONCOS would win. I'll always have hope that the BRONCOS when regardless if I'm pessimistic.

OrangeHoof
01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Steelers will still have their defense and they'll have their refs.

I just saw a crawl about Ryan Clark and doctors but I was on a phone call and couldn't concentrate on what it said.

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Come on Cam

I was right about Oakland, and I was like 1 of three that were positive before that game

Hey, I'm with you every week. I expect it week in and out. I'm a huge homer.

This week will be a surprise win, but with the way Steeler fans are talking I want it bad!!

iLands
01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Broncos obviously win.

My thread on the same subject was closed, but this will be our coming out party.

The pessimism is ridiculous. The drought is over.

The first season of the Tebow era ended in the playoffs.

Believe.

Count it.

underrated29
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I didnt see it, but we can expect Not to see ryan clark on the field. Remember he has some blood disorder and in our milehigh air it is possible, unlikley but possible he can die. Just from being here for an extended period of time, let alone playing.

He did it once a few years back and has basically been advised from doctors to never return here....

I am guessing it was something relating to that.

weazel
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
you have to remember... Pittsburgh's colors are black, white and yellow but some of their players only wear black and white and blow the whistles.

OrangeHoof
01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
you have to remember... Pittsburgh's colors are black, white and yellow but some of their players only wear black and white and blow the whistles.

The yellow is the flags they throw at the most convenient times for Pittsburgh.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Steelers will still have their defense and they'll have their refs.

:rolleyes:

Dzone
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope youre right lgenf. That would be so cool.

That loss yesterday has left me with a sulking hangover. A sense of hopelessness starts to set in. Like dreading the beating the Steelers are going to put on us.

But, hey, it feels a lot better to start thinking just maybe a miracle happens at Mile high this Sunday. I can see it. It just could happen.
People on tv making fun of the Broncos for even being in the playoffs. To see them eat their words-Glorious!

weazel
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM

I dont think Seattle fans roll their eyes when you talk about this.

I will save you some arguingand assume that you have never watched a Pittsburgh game. Am I making excuses for the upcoming game? no, not at all. We should and will lose on our own next week

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Just running the spread doesn't do shit. Tebow's not even remotely capable of running the NFL spread. It's not a debatable point, either.

jlarsiii
01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I didnt see it, but we can expect Not to see ryan clark on the field. Remember he has some blood disorder and in our milehigh air it is possible, unlikley but possible he can die. Just from being here for an extended period of time, let alone playing.

He did it once a few years back and has basically been advised from doctors to never return here....

I am guessing it was something relating to that.

He has sickle cell if I am not mistaken, and high altitude with lower oxygen levels can set off an episode which can escalate to a full sickle cell crisis. In '07 he played here and I want to remember that he spent like a month in a hospital after that recovering. Serious stuff...

Magnificent Seven
01-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Steelers' Safely Ryan Clark might not play in Denver. Clark lost a spleen and gall bladder due to a sickle-cell trait exacerbated by Denver’s altitude in 2007.

So, that's mean leave RB Mendenhall and Clark out for this Sunday.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Flag them for stupidity Spike. :lol:

J/K :D

Nomad
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Steelers' Safely Ryan Clark might not play in Denver. Clark lost a spleen and gall bladder due to a sickle-cell trait exacerbated by Denver’s altitude in 2007.

He was a solid player for LSU. I'd be hesitate to go if the altitude had an affect on my body like that.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I dont think Seattle fans roll their eyes when you talk about this.

I will save you some arguingand assume that you have never watched a Pittsburgh game. Am I making excuses for the upcoming game? no, not at all. We should and will lose on our own next week

Every team can gripe about officiating. Since we're making assumptions, I'll assume that you've never officiated a game. True enough, the Steelers' SB win over the Seahawks was not very well officiated - a fact which was acknowledged by the referee from that game. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048 . Officials make mistakes. We all see them. The difference is that I know that they are not rooting for one team over another. If they were, they would not be employed as officials for very long.

As for never seeing a Steelers game, I know you were kidding. In fact, I saw them live this year in Houston. There was a blatant pass interference call that wasn't called against the Steelers. It was obvious and they missed it, but that doesn't mean they did it on purpose. It just means that they're human and they missed it.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Mendenhal brought his injury upon himself. I'm sure football will be the scapegoat but it was a conspiracy by Mendenhal himself to gain sympathy.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Every team can gripe about officiating. Since we're making assumptions, I'll assume that you've never officiated a game. True enough, the Steelers' SB win over the Seahawks was not very well officiated - a fact which was acknowledged by the referee from that game. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048 . Officials make mistakes. We all see them. The difference is that I know that they are not rooting for one team over another. If they were, they would not be employed as officials for very long.

As for never seeing a Steelers game, I know you were kidding. In fact, I saw them live this year in Houston. There was a blatant pass interference call that wasn't called against the Steelers. It was obvious and they missed it, but that doesn't mean they did it on purpose. It just means that they're human and they missed it.

With the way the game is today bad officiating rarely costs a team a game. That said there were some missed calls in this game but that had zilch to do with Denver losing the game.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 06:40 PM
With the way the game is today bad officiating rarely costs a team a game. That said there were some missed calls in this game but that had zilch to do with Denver losing the game.

The refs have basically taken 14 points off the board for Denver the last two weeks. The horrible block in the back call on Royal's return and the non call on the facemask against Tebow that would have put us inside the five.

But we need to overcome that stuff because that's what good teams do. Usually bad calls even out overthe course of a game or season you just have to get past it and take care of business.

KCL
01-02-2012, 06:43 PM

They still have Troy Polamalu..what kind of season has he had? He always seems to be all over the field.

That's too bad about Clark.

Mike
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Hard to win when you can't score points.

BORDERLINE
01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I know we have short yardage quick passes in our arsenal to use against the Steelers. And will somebody tell Tebow to run the damn ball when he doesn't see anyone open. Stop taking sacks dummy!!!!!!

A hurt Big Ben is still a lot more dangerous than Orton. Our pass rush has disappeared time to find it on SUNDAY. Mendenhall is out so their running game will be even less effective but there a passing team now so it doesn't really hurt them. If we can get to the QB and stop the BIG PLAY with Wallace and Brown then I like our chances in a close game.

The defense stacks the box against Teebs the whole game and like idiots Mccoy calls running plays right into them. Let's hope he adds a lot of short passes and some screens to help out the running game. And stop playing not to lose it's the playoffs now go for the whole CAKE when we have a shot!!!!!

Nick
01-02-2012, 07:01 PM
The sad thing is there already knew this when they made us 8 point underdogs or would have been around 15 points.

KCL
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
The Chiefs defense really had him rattled..maybe he can bounce back..find his feet and run like Forrest Gump.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
The Chiefs defense really had him rattled..maybe he can bounce back..find his feet and run like Forrest Gump.

Maybe we can get Forrest Gump to be the BRONCOS KR:D

weazel
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM

:listen:
I disagree... that superbowl was fixed.
Bush was behind 9/11
Bin Laden isnt dead
noone has landed on the moon
JFK was killed by LBJ
aliens live among us
Obama is a robot

spikerman
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
:listen:
I disagree... that superbowl was fixed.
Bush was behind 9/11
Bin Laden isnt dead
noone has landed on the moon
JFK was killed by LBJ
aliens live among us
Obama is a robot

Touche. Well done! :beer:

Dzone
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
How good is Ryan Clark? He is not coming to Denver

spikerman
01-02-2012, 07:40 PM
How good is Ryan Clark? He is not coming to Denver

He's good, but I think he missed the last time the Steelers played in Denver too. It didn't make a difference.

Joel
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Is their starting front seven out, too? 'Cos we just lost our best pass blocker and our QB looks actively terrified of throwing the ball; I haven't seen a guy that afraid to pass since... starts with "O" and ends with "rton." Their CBs aren't bad either.

I might give us a chance if we were playing like a month ago, but this team has looked utterly lost the last few weeks, and flat out played scared against KC. Foxs style encourages that kind of attitude; when you really boil it down, it's not even Martyball, it's just "let NEITHER team do ANYTHING, then hope they screw up more than you." Our secondary isn't good enough to count on Roethlisberger handing us the game like that (though it would be utterly fitting given how the '05 AFCCG went.)

Our only real hope is that Fox will take chances if he's desperate enough, and that gives us chances to make plays if we execute them; unfortunately his comment that "once you're in the dance they can't keep you out" convinces me he's still playing to not lose. Pitt wins that kind of game every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Maybe we should petition the League to move the game to Saturday. :tongue:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still backing my team and would love to see a win (for one thing, there are few teams I hate more than Pitt)--I just don't see any way it's possible.

Broncos Mtnman
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Redman had 19 carries for 92 yards and a TD.

I don't think Mendenhall's absence is even going to be noticed.

:coffee:

Npba900
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Trust the spread formation young Padawan trust it.........

Meh! The Steelers will stay in their lanes, rush Tebow up the middle, and us containment on the outside and nullify the spread formation! AND DARE TEBOW TO BEAT THEM WITH HIS ARM!!!!

Things could get real ugly next Sunday.:tsk: It could be a repeat of the Detroit game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_296w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/early-lead/Images/Chiefs_Broncos_Football_0675c.jpg?

Check out this throwing motion or form.......its going to be difficult for Tebow to complete passes consistently using this form. Who the Hell is Tebow throwing too???;)

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
The refs have basically taken 14 points off the board for Denver the last two weeks. The horrible block in the back call on Royal's return and the non call on the facemask against Tebow that would have put us inside the five.

But we need to overcome that stuff because that's what good teams do. Usually bad calls even out overthe course of a game or season you just have to get past it and take care of business.

Your saying the non facemask call on Tebow cost Denver 7 points? If you are no not by a long shot.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Your saying the non facemask call on Tebow cost Denver 7 points? If you are no not by a long shot.
I think with four tries inside the five we would have scored a TD. The call was blatant and easily should have been called but I'm not blaming that for the loss. Like I said good teams have to overcome that stuff.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I think with four tries inside the five we would have scored a TD. The call was blatant and easily should have been called but I'm not blaming that for the loss. Like I said good teams have to overcome that stuff.

That's assuming an awful lot with so many things that can't be predicted.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
That's assuming an awful lot with so many things that can't be predicted.

I'm just looking at how well Willis was running and I think we would have scored. Obviously it's a moot point but it by all rights should have been our right to try. In this day and age of protecting the QB at all costs for that call not to be made is ridiculous.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm just looking at how well Willis was running and I think we would have scored. Obviously it's a moot point but it by all rights should have been our right to try. In this day and age of protecting the QB at all costs for that call not to be made is ridiculous.

End of the day the lack of a call in that situation didn't cost Denver the game.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Meh! The Steelers will stay in their lanes, rush Tebow up the middle, and us containment on the outside and nullify the spread formation! AND DARE TEBOW TO BEAT THEM WITH HIS ARM!!!!

Things could get real ugly next Sunday.:tsk: It could be a repeat of the Detroit game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_296w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/early-lead/Images/Chiefs_Broncos_Football_0675c.jpg?

Check out this throwing motion or form.......its going to be difficult for Tebow to complete passes consistently using this form. Who the Hell is Tebow throwing too???;)

Before the NE game Simms was breaking down his mechanics and he said they were fine. He compared them favorably to Brady's albeit slower. He even showed them side by side to show there wasn't much of a difference. The only problem was that those throws were in warmups. I think his motion is much more crisp in warmups than in the game. Surprisingly, I think his motion is quicker in warmups than games too. I would think it would be the other way around.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
End of the day the lack of a call in that situation didn't cost Denver the game.

Never said it did.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Before the NE game Simms was breaking down his mechanics and he said they were fine. He compared them favorably to Brady's albeit slower. He even showed them side by side to show there wasn't much of a difference. The only problem was that those throws were in warmups. I think his motion is much more crisp in warmups than in the game. Surprisingly, I think his motion is quicker in warmups than games too. I would think it would be the other way around.

It's because his footwork sucks. He opens up too much when he throws, and doesn't step through fully. My mechanics knowledge comes from baseball, so it's probably slightly different, but dammit, step forward not sideways and don't open up so damn much.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
It's because his footwork sucks. He opens up too much when he throws, and doesn't step through fully. My mechanics knowledge comes from baseball, so it's probably slightly different, but dammit, step forward not sideways and don't open up so damn much.

I think you're exactly right. It's his footwork. He flares open which reduces velocity and causes inaccuracy. Good catch.

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Redman had 19 carries for 92 yards and a TD.

I don't think Mendenhall's absence is even going to be noticed.

:coffee:

and they've got 230lb Jonathan Dwyer to complement Redman...they should be fine rushing against our nickle.

The biggest question mark for PIT will be the health of their OL. Pouncey has been in and out of the lineup, and I don't think he's really been healthy all season. They've had other injuries along the offensive line as well and had to move guys around all season.

Everyone knows Big Ben is hurt, but he's always hurt and he plays his best after contact. Lots of weapons on offense, good WRs, TE and even without Mendenhall, they'll be able to run the ball. Their defense is also a lot better than our offense. Heck, they could probably play their second string defense and still keep us under 20 points. Heck, they could probably play with six defenders and Tebow still wouldn't see any open receivers. ;)

It's going to be an uphill battle, no doubt about that. But really, I see this game as gravy on the season and even bad gravy is still pretty good. If we can be within realistic striking distance going into the 4th quarter, I'll be satisfied with the TEAM effort.

Broncos Mtnman
01-02-2012, 09:43 PM

He also carries the ball too low (which is what led to most of his fumbles). That slows his release because the ball has to go further to be released as well as creatiing the likelihood that his pass will have more air under it that it should.

Another problem he seems to have is the inability to throw a decent spiral. I heard a commentator (don't remember who) mention that this makes for a less accurate and harder to catch pass.

Joel
01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
As noted elsewhere, he's never sacked or picked in warmups. An off season of Elways tutelage and digesting the greater speed of games vs. practice (where blitzers pull up instead of delivering concussions) will help.

OrangeHoof
01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
In fact, I saw them live this year in Houston. There was a blatant pass interference call that wasn't called against the Steelers. It was obvious and they missed it, but that doesn't mean they did it on purpose. It just means that they're human and they missed it.

Are you forgetting the three Texans touchdowns negated by penalty that same game? Give Houston those scores and the game isn't even close.

spikerman
01-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Are you forgetting the three Texans touchdowns negated by penalty that same game? Give Houston those scores and the game isn't even close.

You can't give Houston those scores if they commited penalties on the play. The officials are not biased. Can you imagine what it would do to the league if it came out that officials were purposely giving calls to certain teams? It could ruin the NFL. They would not risk that. Every fan base thinks the officials are against them - even Steelers fans.

We have a rule in officiating that if neither team is happy at the end of the game then we did a good job.

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

you are completely out of touch with reality :lol::lol::lol:

steelers 38 broncos 9

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Isaac Redman is a suitable replacement... almost equal to Mendenhall, I'd say. We still have our work cut out....

Npba900
01-03-2012, 12:21 PM
As noted elsewhere, he's never sacked or picked in warmups. An off season of Elways tutelage and digesting the greater speed of games vs. practice (where blitzers pull up instead of delivering concussions) will help.

I think Steve Young or Boomer Esiasen(sp) both left-hand QB would serve as better coaches-mentor to help Tebow; of course not taking nothing away for Elway.

Northman
01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
We still cannot get a pass rush as of late and Ben will just pick us apart. He doesnt even need a running game at this point. Shit, Brady didnt need one and he just ate us for lunch.

OrangeHoof
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
You can't give Houston those scores if they commited penalties on the play.

Well, I must have missed the three touchdowns the officials took away from the Steelers that day.

Did you miss the THREE penalties against Houston on Indy's last-second game-winning drive two weeks ago?

You take it as faith that officials don't choose outcomes. I think they do, as the Seattle-Pittsburgh Super Bowl evidences. Did you not hear about the scandal among NBA refs that were shaving points?

Sometimes they settle outcomes by the calls they make but they can also do it through the calls they ignore - as evidenced by the pass interference non-call you cited earlier. ALL the calls and non-calls we've discussed in this game all benefitted Pittsburgh as Houston was threatening to blow them out.

And it does seem to me that Pittsburgh is almost always the benefactor. I also notice too that, while the league likes to fine Steelers for dirty hits, the refs rarely penalize them during the game for those same dirty hits - which is why the Steelers complain. If the refs didn't flag them, why is the league fining them? Well, fines don't determine the outcome, that's why, but it gives fans the impression that the Steelers get flagged like everyone else.

ShooterJM
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
We could win this, but the following will need to occur:

1) We need a good pass rush
2) We need Tebow to play well - No turnovers, no 10 yard sacks and hit the open receiver.
3) We need to have our 5 block their 4. Can't be forced into max protect when we NEED the TE and RB's for outlet passes.
4) We need the WR's to catch when they get the opportunity.
5) We need a defensive result like yesterday.
6) We need our OC to realize if they have 9 in the box and are content to contain Tebow (likely), then we'll need to adjust the routes.

So yeah. Possible, but a long shot. We've done all those things quite a few times this year. If we can do it this week, we'll win.

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
We could win this, but the following will need to occur:

1) We need a good pass rush
2) We need Tebow to play well - No turnovers, no 10 yard sacks and hit the open receiver.
3) We need to have our 5 block their 4. Can't be forced into max protect when we NEED the TE and RB's for outlet passes.
4) We need the WR's to catch when they get the opportunity.
5) We need a defensive result like yesterday.
6) We need our OC to realize if they have 9 in the box and are content to contain Tebow (likely), then we'll need to adjust the routes.

So yeah. Possible, but a long shot. We've done all those things quite a few times this year. If we can do it this week, we'll win.

I would love to see our TE do some short routes and actually be utilized.

weazel
01-03-2012, 01:49 PM

that picture is pretty funny! he looks like a zombie from Shaun of the Dead! LMAO GARRR!

spikerman
01-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Well, I must have missed the three touchdowns the officials took away from the Steelers that day.

Did you miss the THREE penalties against Houston on Indy's last-second game-winning drive two weeks ago? Yes, I remember those penalties and I thought they were all legit. Some of them may have seemed "ticky tack", but that's actually a problem with the way the rules are written, not with the officiating crew.

You take it as faith that officials don't choose outcomes. I think they do, as the Seattle-Pittsburgh Super Bowl evidences. Did you not hear about the scandal among NBA refs that were shaving points?

Sometimes they settle outcomes by the calls they make but they can also do it through the calls they ignore - as evidenced by the pass interference non-call you cited earlier. ALL the calls and non-calls we've discussed in this game all benefitted Pittsburgh as Houston was threatening to blow them out. I don't take it as faith, I take it from experience. I've been officiating for a few years now (obviously not at their level) and I've never seen or even suspected that officials were being biased. NFL officials are graded on every play - not just for calls they make, but for calls they should have made, but didn't. With all of the cameras and people watching the games I think it would be very easy to see if one of them was favoring one team over another.

Sometimes calls just seem to go against one team. That's just the way it works, but that doesn't mean there is anything nefarious about it. Sometimes they miss calls - again, that's them being human - it happens.

And it does seem to me that Pittsburgh is almost always the benefactor. I also notice too that, while the league likes to fine Steelers for dirty hits, the refs rarely penalize them during the game for those same dirty hits - which is why the Steelers complain. If the refs didn't flag them, why is the league fining them? Well, fines don't determine the outcome, that's why, but it gives fans the impression that the Steelers get flagged like everyone else. I bolded the most important part in my opinion. That's exactly what I'm saying. Every fan base thinks the other teams get more of a break than their own, but it's simply not true. As for the league fining players for plays they were not flagged for, it's a lot easier to see things in slow motion so it only makes sense that during film review things will be seen that weren't seen on Sunday at game speed. We fans have the advantage of watching a play over and over and at slow motion to pick it apart. These guys get one chance to get it right and they have to see it at full speed. They do a pretty damn good job, imo.

Ok, I won't weigh in on this anymore. I'm sure I won't change your mind and I know you won't change mine, but if you really do believe the games are fixed I don't know why you would continue to watch.

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
If Von and Doomer can get their shit back together and pressure a QB they could knock Big Ben out of the game. He has been injured and if he takes some hits might sit.

Joel
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I think Steve Young or Boomer Esiasen(sp) both left-hand QB would serve as better coaches-mentor to help Tebow; of course not taking nothing away for Elway.
Young would be the perfect choice; if Tebow hasn't sat down and watched every play of his career multiple times, he should, because the similarities, on and off the field, are eerie. He and Randall Cunningham between them brought back the notion of QBs as legit NFL rushing threats, not just scramblers during blitzes, but bona fide RUNNERS. That along with great arm strength made up for the fact Young wasn't always the most accurate QB. Tebow may not be Young 2.0, but he should definitely aspire to be, and he has all the physical and mental skills (now we just need to get him the blocking and receiving of the early '90s '49ers.)

Unfortunately, I think Young's perfectly content with his current analyst jobs, while Elway's job is turning the Broncos roster into champions, so he's the best PRACTICAL choice. Esiason may be a lefty, but he was never the scrambler that Young or Elway were (and DEFINITELY not physical; Boomer crumbled when hit.) Tebow needs a tutor to develop ALL phases of his game, not just passing, and if Elway's not as well suited as Young, he's still a pretty good choice who's already repeatedly stated he'll work extensively with Tebow in the off season. Given what Elway brings to the table, the potential there is enough by itself to justify delaying any QB change until next year. Let's see what happens after Tebow has the chance to benefit from some pretty hefty help.

ShooterJM
01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I know absolutely nothing about the true details of QB mentoring, but from what everyone is saying it all starts with Tebow's footwork. I have ZERO problem believing Elway has all the knowledge, I just hope he can teach it (and that Tebow can learn it).

I like the Broncos winning the AFC West. I like the Broncos winning the AFC more. I like the Broncos winning the Super Bowl most.

We need all the draft picks possible at our disposal for that to happen.

lgenf
01-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Now with Pouncey out we are assured the WIN

This is going to be such an awesome weekend!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Nick
01-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Now with Pouncey out we are assured the WIN

This is going to be such an awesome weekend!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Pouncey out and them in shotgun. They will make some mistakes.

Now hopefully Tebow does not make as many.

lgenf
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Not sure what T2 is going to do good bad or just blah, but the steelers are certainly not hitting on all cylinders and with us playing at home we are going to SHOCK THE WORLD!

lgenf
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Bump

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Bump

Blind squirrel found his nut.

iLands
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Shocked you still talk shit.

Whatever. You're the good luck charm.

camdisco24