PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2012

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
It is now time to unveil this year's Broncos Forums HOF class. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this contest and voted. It was a great turnout and made this contest worthwhile. The vote for the last few spots was very close but in the end, 5 very deserving candidates won.

This year's Hall of Fame members (listed in alphabetical order) are:

Denver Native (Carol)
Dreadnought
G_Money
Hoptard
Tned

Congrats to all 5 winners and good luck to all next year who didn't make it.

(Also, could a mod sticky this for a while so it doesn't get buried in a couple of days?)

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
A well deserving list to be sure.

Thanks for doing that BTB. Good job!

And I'm calling my shot. Davii, Gem, and NTL are in next year.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Does that mean dogfish has to buy a round for the boards?!?:D

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM

I think it means they all do!

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2012, 03:43 PM
East Coast bias.

WTE
01-02-2012, 03:47 PM

and does he go in wearing the dogfish hat or hoptard?

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Congrats and all very deserving!

There are many people who will be in very soon, so hard to choose just 5!

Nomad
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM

he'll always be dogfish to me, so I'd say the dogfish hat because that's what got him here

It would be interesting seeing Carol party down

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 03:51 PM

That's a great question. I will always think of him as dogtard. Maybe he'll make one of those half and half hats like moms with sons do when the sons play against eachother.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Perfect innaugural 1st class!

Great job, BTB! I am sure it was time consuming on your part. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Back in August 2007, Broncos Forums was created on a "whim", with Tned, top, JR, and myself initially involved. At that time, I had no idea if things would work out or not. Today, I am very proud of how Broncos Forums has grown, and the great Broncos fan community it has become.

I thank Tned for everything he has done, and the financial support he has put towards Broncos Forums.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and thanks to BTB for putting this together, and my congratulations to the other four members.

:salute: GO BRONCOS - BEAT THE STEELERS :salute:

Poet
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
You have two founders, two great posters and another who is a mix of a founder in his own way and a great poster.

Brilliant!

Northman
01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Great job BTB. Great first class in my opinion and included all 3 of my nominations. Awesome. :)

Ziggy
01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
This list represents Broncosforums well. There's a ton of sports knowledge, dedication, consistency, and class on that list. Congrats to all.

dogfish
01-02-2012, 06:51 PM
i'd like to thank Tned, john elway, and atwater's mom. . .

*bows*

seriously though, thanks peeps-- i apprciate it, even if it does make buff and coach pissy. . . you guys tolerate me sitting around drunk in my pajamas-- this place is like home. . . thanks to BTB for running the process. . . as to the rest of the selections. . . i'm not worthy!

i suppose this means i should actually try to post something decent for once. . .

:defense::defense:

dogfish
01-02-2012, 06:53 PM

you know i would. . .

:beer:

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 06:54 PM

*bows*

seriously though, thanks peeps-- i apprciate it, even if it does make buff and coach pissy. . . you guys tolerate me sitting around drunk in my pajamas-- this place is like home. . . thanks to BTB for running the process. . . as to the rest of the selections. . . i'm not worthy!

i suppose this means i should actually try to post something decent for once. . .

You're the Lynn Swan of our HOF, an okay poster but we're all kinda confused as to how you made the HOF.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 06:56 PM

*bows*

:defense::defense: Nah, feel free to post total crap. Since it comes from a HoFer it'll be deemed to be genius.

KCL
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Carol should be known as "BroncoCarol"....I think that has a nice ring to it...
She is one of the nicest ladies on the board and has always treated me well. :salute:

The heck with the rest of you!

BroncoDiva87
01-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice!

Now if I could just find time to visit this awesome forum much more often than I have this Season, maybe I could be on that list..LOL! ( I have been Much too busy for more than just popping on & off when I remember) :salute:

oh well, It was a thought..LOL

It is now time to unveil this year's Broncos Forums HOF class. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this contest and voted. It was a great turnout and made this contest worthwhile. The vote for the last few spots was very close but in the end, 5 very deserving candidates won.

This year's Hall of Fame members (listed in alphabetical order) are:

Denver Native (Carol)
Dreadnought
G_Money
Hoptard
Tned

Congrats to all 5 winners and good luck to all next year who didn't make it.

(Also, could a mod sticky this for a while so it doesn't get buried in a couple of days?)

Dreadnought
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, I certainly feel outclassed, but in great company. Tned is richer, G-Money is smarter and a better writer, Carol is nicer and more dedicated, and Hoptard...well, he has steered me to some great beers. Plus he's funny and knows his football almost as well as G-Money.

It must have been my near encyclopedic knowledge of Royal Navy History got me in. Always knew it would come in handy :beer:

Tned-Mobile
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM

*bows*

I was hoping for a "this ones for Tned."

Seriously, Considering hire much, out little, I've bern posting these days, I don't deserve the honor. That said,I like it! :D

What I would like to say is that like Carol said, we started BF on a whim, after a simple comment Carol made, "I wish we had someplace else we could post." While we got the ball rolling, a community, online or otherwise, is only as good as the members of that community. I may be biased, but I think you guys are the best, and therefore make Broncosforums the best!

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Seriously, Considering hire much, out little, I've bern posting these days, I don't deserve the honor. That said,I like it! :D

What I would like to say is that like Carol said, we started BF on a whim, after a simple comment Carol made, "I wish we had someplace else we could post." While we got the ball rolling, a community, online or otherwise, is only as good as the members of that community. I may be biased, but I think you guys are the best, and therefore make Broncosforums the best!

Good thing grammar wasn't a HOF requirement! :lol:

Tned-Mobile
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Good thing grammar wasn't a HOF requirement! :lol:

Hey, I'm on a phone with a few beers in me (and I'm from a dry county), waiting for wife to get out from a massage that I'm going to be afraid to ask the price of (I'm not rich enough, Dread).... Oh, or are you talking about the rest of the time, for which I have no excuse? :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM

To be exact "I wish we had someplace else we could post, with a BLUE background" :D

gnomeflinger
01-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Since I am such a giving person, I will happily give my drink to the person on my left. You're welcome.

GEM
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
That is am awesome first class! Nice job, Btb! Appreciate the time you spent on this.

Tned-Mobile
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks
To be exact "I wish we had someplace else we could post, with a BLUE background" :D

Thanks for clarification. It's been four years, and I had three pale ales in me.

BroncoDiva87
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Darn it! I wish I would have thought of that!

But, as far as Posting goes... according to my posting history or whatever it is.. Looks like i haven't even posted in over a year! ( YIKES!! didnt think it was THAT long!) I'm sure ya'll are thinking reading this.. ( who the HECK is this Broncodiva Chick???) :rolleyes: Oh well.. My fault for staying away for so long!

MasterShake
01-02-2012, 08:27 PM
It was a pleasure just to be nominated....

But the next time any of you voters need a favor, don't bother asking MasterShake. **** you all!

Just kidding, congrats to the winners! A deserving bunch to be sure!

Softskull
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
It was a pleasure just to be nominated....

But the next time any of you voters need a favor, don't bother asking MasterShake. **** you all!

Just kidding, congrats to the winners! A deserving bunch to be sure!

I voted for ya MS. Twice!

spikerman
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Twice? I know you're a Democrat, but are you from Chicago? :D

SR
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Congrats all of you! Couldn't have gone to better people!

Softskull
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Twice? I know you're a Democrat, but are you from Chicago? :D

I voted early and often

dogfish
01-02-2012, 10:39 PM

that's probably why he didn't win. . . all chicago-style shenanigans have to run through broncogator around here. . .

G_Money
01-03-2012, 01:39 AM
To quote Chris Harris:

"We don't get no hat or nothing? We don't get no shirt?"

:lol: Thanks for providing me with a place to waste...er, spend...thousands of hours talking about the Broncos with y'all. I hope those conversations have been as fun for you as they have for me.

But seriously, no shirts?

~G

CoachChaz
01-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Hmmmm....interesting results.

Well...at least one person I voted for got in.

Northman
01-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Hmmmm....interesting results.

Well...at least one person I voted for got in.

Im surprised you even voted. :lol:

CoachChaz
01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Im surprised you even voted. :lol:

I wasnt going to, but I noticed a few of the people that were truly deserving seemed to take this serious, so I did it for them. Unfortunately it meant nothing. Oh well...I've wasted time in worse ways.

catfish
01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I wasnt going to, but I noticed a few of the people that were truly deserving seemed to take this serious, so I did it for them. Unfortunately it meant nothing. Oh well...I've wasted time in worse ways.

don't feel bad, my write in campain failed miserably. All the bribes wasted:tsk:

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
What am I?

The Terrell Davis of the forum?

This is all a sham and I got royally screwed!!!

Superchop 7
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Although I am saddened that Hot Carl was not a first ballot inductee,. I congratulate you all on a job well done!