PDA

View Full Version : LOL Chris Harris

sneakers
01-02-2012, 07:07 AM
While everyone was moping around in the locker room after the loss and after finding out the Broncos won the division, Chris Harris said "We don't get no hat or nothing? We don't get no shirt?"

LOL poor Chris Harris.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Somebody buy that man a hat and shirt. He played quite well. He's one of our most productive rookies.

SR
01-02-2012, 10:14 AM
The kid is a keeper. Poor guy

MasterShake
01-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Thats great! Chris Harris is definitely my favorite rookie on this team besides Von Miller. Hope he keeps progressing. He always seems to be near the ball or making tackles.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Dude's got a point...

I like Chris Harris, he's a keeper.

CrazyHorse
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12419388&cp=12448531

G_Money
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I dunno how Chris Harris is our second-best player from this draft class (even though we didn't draft him), but I love that kid.

He's a keeper.

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
That's sad. How do the players not get caps and shirts? They did win the division.

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I think he is a leader in the making. He might be slightly slow in the head, but I've heard a lot of his sound clips and he's a great motivator.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
That's sad. How do the players not get caps and shirts? They did win the division.

Probably a captains decision not to distribute them.

If you saw Bailey's post game comments at his locker, you could see he was pissed off and didn't really care about the division title. I've never seen Bailey like that.

SR
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I'd be ashamed and embarrassed to wear that hat considering how the division title was won.

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, winning a title in something usually makes me ashamed and embarrassed too. Lots of teams go through losing streaks, even division champions. Some teams have it early or in the middle of the season, ours just happened to be at the end. Doesn't make our division title any less valid than anyone else's. Some people just can't be pleased I suppose.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I doubt any of the players are ashamed of the division title, and I completely understand the decision not to have a celebration after a performance like that.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats great! Chris Harris is definitely my favorite rookie on this team besides Von Miller. Hope he keeps progressing. He always seems to be near the ball or making tackles.

Well, yeah . . . Harris and Orlando Franklin . . .

broncs
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
typical Chris Harris play, first half of kc game 3rd down shadows S.Breston laterialy across field makes a great tackle,kc punts

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I'd be ashamed and embarrassed to wear that hat considering how the division title was won.

Think about how the other teams in the AFCW must feel . . .

dogfish
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
somebody tell him you only get a hat if you win the super bowl. . . .

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
somebody tell him you only get a hat if you win the super bowl. . . .

Hey, if the man wants a hat, give him a hat.

I've got several in my closet. What's his address?

MasterShake
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, yeah . . . Harris and Orlando Franklin . . .

You are right. Looking back we did pretty well this draft and a few other signings.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM
You are right. Looking back we did pretty well this draft and a few other signings.

Yeah, I hope Harris works out.....it'll be one less hole to fill.

MasterShake
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I hope Harris works out.....it'll be one less hole to fill.

No kidding... really hope our two young safeties can step up, too.

BroncoWave
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Lindsay Jones reported that the players did get their hats and shirts today. Crisis averted!

Joel
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
While everyone was moping around in the locker room after the loss and after finding out the Broncos won the division, Chris Harris said "We don't get no hat or nothing? We don't get no shirt?"

LOL poor Chris Harris.
That man EARNED his hat, something very few of our players can say. He's the only DB who's showed up every game this year (even Champ's seemed off the past few weeks, and against KC it looked like he and Goodman switched jerseys.) I could easily see him as our #1 CB in a year or two with Champ at FS (or even SS; he's still a brutal tackler.) Then we just need a #2 CB and safety who aren't utter garbage and we'll be set.

Think about how the other teams in the AFCW must feel . . .
Well, since two of them are also 8-8 and the other is 7-9 after beating us in their last game, I imagine they feel like they barely missed a playoff spot, because every team in the AFC West did just that.

broncosbaby
01-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Poor guy! That makes me sad.

rcsodak
01-02-2012, 11:52 PM
That man EARNED his hat, something very few of our players can say. He's the only DB who's showed up every game this year (even Champ's seemed off the past few weeks, and against KC it looked like he and Goodman switched jerseys.) I could easily see him as our #1 CB in a year or two with Champ at FS (or even SS; he's still a brutal tackler.) Then we just need a #2 CB and safety who aren't utter garbage and we'll be set.

Well, since two of them are also 8-8 and the other is 7-9 after beating us in their last game, I imagine they feel like they barely missed a playoff spot, because every team in the AFC West did just that.
I like his play also, but theres a difference between covering the slot or 4th wr and the #1.

And it was easy to see orton would go after champ. He did it for 3yrs in practices and knew his weaknesses/tendencies.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
01-02-2012, 11:55 PM
I like his play also, but theres a difference between covering the slot or 4th wr and the #1.

And it was easy to see orton would go after champ. He did it for 3yrs in practices and knew his weaknesses/tendencies.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

You must have missed my thread about Orton and Bowe..I was told that Champ was going to own Bowe and I replied maybe..maybe not.

right Nomad???? ;)

Nomad
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM
You must have missed my thread about Orton and Bowe..I was told that Champ was going to own Bowe and I replied maybe..maybe not.

right Nomad???? ;)

:flute:I don't recall:lol:

KCL
01-03-2012, 12:06 AM
:flute:I don't recall:lol:

Well for your reading pleasure,I can bump the thread...:laugh:

Nomad
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Well for your reading pleasure,I can bump the thread...:laugh:

That's quite alright....it's fine going into the BF abyss:D

Joel
01-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Fair point, but he's easily our best option; Champ can't run with the fastest 25 year olds in the League forever, we've got a couple glaring holes at safety right now, and pretty much all our other DBS are awful (though Goodman played uncharacteristically well Sunday.) Harris only occasionally gets beat, closes fast on the ball, doesn't miss tackles and lays wood; all things I like. He doesn't have Champs savvy or ball hawking yet, but if he can pick up even some of it I think he'd be a great #1 CB and, well, who else do we have? When I look at our secondary I see four starting spots, two players who inspire confidence and MANY others who terrify me far more than they ever will a QB.

I would've (and did) still expected him to pick on Goodman, whose weaknesses and tendencies have been on display for some time. Now I kinda wish he had, 'cos Goodman played quite well.

bcbronc
01-03-2012, 02:22 AM
The one thing with Harris, he's been great, but it seems every year there's an UDFA corner that steps up and plays well. Then in year two they get some expectations and can't live up to them.

At this point, if Harris can continue being a good 3/4 corner, I'll be pleased as punch.

In the offseason, we need to draft a future #1 CB, cuz it's just that easy, and sign a veteran to replace Goodman at #2. Not sure what Goodman's contract situation is, but we're not exactly tight to the cap, so I'd keep him for veteran depth if possible.

Superchop 7
01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
What I love about this.....

He had already turned the page......

It was "short term" memory at it's finest.

He probably looked at the scoreboard, said "I am over it".

And he meant it.

Then.....well.....he became the guy that said "so....your saying we still have a chance ?"

In his mind ?

"Whatever it takes".

Look,

It obviously meant a great deal to him to win the division.

For that kid,

Every play means alot to him.

Maybe the whole state should sign the shirt.

NightTerror218
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I am starting to like Harris as one of our CBs. Just need a replacement for Goodman. Any good ones in FA?

topscribe
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
In its article revealing the "PFF All-Rookie Team – 2011," Pro Football Focus (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/10/the-pff-all-rookie-team-2011/) had
this to say:

If we had a slot cornerback we’d be looking chiefly at Chris Harris of the Broncos.

Quite an endorsement for a player who not only was not drafted but wasn't
given a sniff in any respect after his college career was over. The Broncos' best
UFA find since Rod Smith.

Jsteve01
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Chris Harris reminds me a lot of Kelly Herndon. A guy we should never have let get away.

nevcraw
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
He's been the most pleasant suprise on the defense ths year by far.. I think he could end up being a solid #2 in a year or 2.

sneakers
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Where'd he go to college?

Fullback32
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Where'd he go to college?

He went to Kansas.

sneakers
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
He went to Kansas.

oh yeah thats right....i was thinking he went to some div II school like Aberliene state.

Davii
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
In its article revealing the "PFF All-Rookie Team – 2011," Pro Football Focus (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/10/the-pff-all-rookie-team-2011/) had
this to say:

given a sniff in any respect after his college career was over. The Broncos' best

Let's hope he can build a successful rookie campaign into a successful career.

bcbronc
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
this to say:

imo it's too early to say that. He's had a great year and at this point there's no reason to expect him not to improve and become a solid piece of this defense going forward. But there's always UDFAs that surprise, but then crumble when expectations arise the following year.

He's quietly been one of our biggest off season acquisitions, especially when you consider how shallow we are at CB. If next season he picks up where he leaves off this season, I'll be a happy camper.

topscribe
01-10-2012, 08:50 PM
imo it's too early to say that. He's had a great year and at this point there's no reason to expect him not to improve and become a solid piece of this defense going forward. But there's always UDFAs that surprise, but then crumble when expectations arise the following year.

He's quietly been one of our biggest off season acquisitions, especially when you consider how shallow we are at CB. If next season he picks up where he leaves off this season, I'll be a happy camper.

Yes, I should have qualified that. I think Davii did a good job of that.

Joel
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM

The good and bad news is that you could say the same about half our starters. Despite all our debates about Beadles and Walton, they ARE second year players, and showed Sunday that they CAN be quite effective--sometimes. The trouble with young players is you never know if the good/bad plays are the exception or rule.

Like Tebow, however, I've seen more good than bad from Harris. He doesn't have Champs nose for the ball yet, but does remind me of him some in other ways. He CLOSES on the ball very fast once he knows where it's going/is, and makes good solid tackles. He may get beat, but the guy who does it isn't getting much, and better hold onto the ball with both hands if he doesn't want to drop it. If his instints and experience develop a little more in the next couple years he'll be jumping those routes instead of just making the tackle or knocking down the ball.

I sure hope so, because the rest of our secondary still looks like garbage to me, and the past few weeks make me feel like it may be time to think about moving Champ to FS now that Dawkins is gone.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 03:26 AM
He has been a pleasant suprise. Now we just need Moore to come around next year which im sure he will. That fine on that legal hit seemed to screw him up mentally and then the concussion

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I think Moore like Harris may have to make the move to corner. He like McBath before him just doesn't look physical enough to play the safety long term.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I think Moore like Harris may have to make the move to corner. He like McBath before him just doesn't look physical enough to play the safety long term.

That's kind of ironic, considering the vicious hit for which he was fined
earlier in the season. I wonder if that didn't have a lingering effect on him,
as an impressionable rookie.