PDA

View Full Version : Tebow should be benched!!!!

elwayisgod
01-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes I said it!!! The high school qbo needs to be benched. Any other qb in this league playing as crappy as he is would be benched!! That being said, no way Fox has balls to do it :)

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Yes I said it!!! The high school qbo needs to be benched. Any other qb in this league playing as crappy as he is would be benched!! That being said, no way Fox has balls to do it :)

Well we should have benched Elway after his first season with that logic. :rolleyes:

Tebow may not be the answer, but all you geniuses out there claiming that this is the end of the road are crazy.

I'm pissed at his play just as much as the next guy, but come on.

OrangeHoof
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
And replace Tebow with what?? Brady Quinn? Think first before you post.

CrazyHorse
01-02-2012, 02:03 AM
And replace Tebow with what?? Brady Quinn? Think first before you post.

Adam Weber?

sneakers
01-02-2012, 02:22 AM
http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/photos/images/original/000/037/555/op_is_a_faggot_lassie.jpg

broncosfannum24
01-02-2012, 02:36 AM
If it wasn't for the help of tebow we wouldn't be in the playoffs right now lol

So quick to pull the trigger, but he did play bad, but he is young And still learning

RebelRocker
01-02-2012, 02:37 AM
adam weber?

weber 4 qb!!!

They'll never see it coming!

nmbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 03:11 AM
I see dumb people!

Watchthemiddle
01-02-2012, 03:44 AM

This "high school qb" is 7-4 this year as the starter. I guess if he is high school, he beat a lot of pop warner teams to include some "franchise" qb's along the way.

hotcarl
01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
We scored 3 points

Dzone
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Im all in for Weber...He cant be any worse than what we have seen the last 3 weeks.

I like Tebow, but he stinks as a QB and I am real sad to have to accept it.

turftoad
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Well we should have benched Elway after his first season with that logic. :rolleyes:

Tebow may not be the answer, but all you geniuses out there claiming that this is the end of the road are crazy.

I'm pissed at his play just as much as the next guy, but come on.

It doesn't take a Genius to SEE Tebow can't throw the ball. Our recievers are just fine, they just need someone who can get them the ball.

"This was one of the more wretched big game performances you are going to see out of a passing game. Tebow completed 6-of-22 for 60 yards and average of 2.7 yards-per-attempt. He was intercepted once and lost a fumble when in scoring range.

Tebow was 30-for-73 with one touchdown and four picks in the last three weeks. He has seven fumbles in his last four games."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/tebow-tanks-broncos-go-to-playoffs-anyway/

lgenf
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I think you need to step away from the drugs OP

while T2 may not be playing well at all these last 3 games, but without him we aren't in the playoffs this year

turftoad
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM

while T2 may not be playing well at all these last 3 games, but without him we aren't in the playoffs this year

Thats nothing but pure speculation. The defense played lights out during that stretch.

Our QB play has been nothing but an embarassment the last 4 games. Anyone else would have been benched, period. No more excuses, please.

BroncoStud
01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
So ditch our entire offensive system once we GET to the playoffs and build a new one in a week, giving a QB who has barely had any reps all season the snaps playing against a very physical defense...?

Brilliance...

To quote John Fox and many others... "Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win"...

camdisco24
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
It doesn't take a Genius to SEE Tebow can't throw the ball. Our recievers are just fine, they just need someone who can get them the ball.

"This was one of the more wretched big game performances you are going to see out of a passing game. Tebow completed 6-of-22 for 60 yards and average of 2.7 yards-per-attempt. He was intercepted once and lost a fumble when in scoring range.

Tebow was 30-for-73 with one touchdown and four picks in the last three weeks. He has seven fumbles in his last four games."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/tebow-tanks-broncos-go-to-playoffs-anyway/

That's not my point.... I think we all saw how bad Tebow played yesterday. There is no one claiming he played well.

My point is, there is no point in benching the guy just because of a string of bad performances in his first year as a starter. It's not logical to call for a total offensive rebuild going into the playoffs.

If some of you can't accept the fact that Tebow is a large reason we're even in the playoffs, we must have been watching totally different games during those wins. I saw how raw he was, but I also saw how he gave new life to the whole team. There is no denying that he has a ton of flaws, but to abandon ship right before the playoffs? Come on man....

catfish
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
That's not my point.... I think we all saw how bad Tebow played yesterday. There is no one claiming he played well.

My point is, there is no point in benching the guy just because of a string of bad performances in his first year as a starter. It's not logical to call for a total offensive rebuild going into the playoffs.

If some of you can't accept the fact that Tebow is a large reason we're even in the playoffs, we must have been watching totally different games during those wins. I saw how raw he was, but I also saw how he gave new life to the whole team. There is no denying that he has a ton of flaws, but to abandon ship right before the playoffs? Come on man....

to follow that up, if team confidence in him is slipping one more game will make it easier to make the switch in the offseason as the team and the fanbase will have totally lost confidence. Tebow can then stay on as a backup(he is already paid for) and either improve or not

vettesplus
01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
so what happened to all the tebow maniacs, 2 months ago tebow was sittng on a throne.... heard so many here talk about how tebow was the savior of this team, what a flippen joke!!!!!! go ahead and flame me all you want, but i am right about this, 3 points nothing else need to be said.....Steelers 38- broncos 9

DenBronx
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
so what happened to all the tebow maniacs, 2 months ago tebow was sittng on a throne.... heard so many here talk about how tebow was the savior of this team, what a flippen joke!!!!!! go ahead and flame me all you want, but i am right about this, 3 points nothing else need to be said.....Steelers 38- broncos 9

uhhh I know Tebow has a rabid fan base but not sure anyone thought he would be league MVP and win us a SB this year.

but yes, he has been terrible....just not writing the kid off anytime soon. with time I think he will be a complete QB.....would be nice if he could hurry up just a bit though.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM

And you'll be giddy about it I'm sure.

I bet you were awful happy watching Orton tear through us all day yesterday huh?

It's funny you think you were somehow proven right yesterday when really both QBs were pretty much non-starter worthy yesterday.

Dapper Dan
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank God we have smarter, more qualified people controlling our beloved Broncos. A high percentage of fans are maniacs who give there opinions of what should happen because they have nothing to lose. Well everyone in the organization knows a lot more than we do.

Let's say "Tebow had a bad game"

Not "BENCH OUR QB!"

That's ignorant. Be sensible.

We can have discussions without having over the top, extreme reactions.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Hey Vettes! Congrats on your chiefs and Orton victory yesterday. :D

broncobryce
01-02-2012, 02:23 PM

All I know is we were 1-4 before Tebow started, and we ended up 8-8. I am okay with that.
No one is denying Tebow played horrible yesterday and that it's a concern. But I feel he deserves an offseason and lets see how he plays next season. Obviously Elway will be bringing in someone who can step in if Tebow doesn't improve.
And pray to god Elway talks some sense in to whoever is responsible for the absolutely horrible playcalls. I don't feel its all on Mccoy, though there is plenty of blame to go around.

catfish
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
All I know is we were 1-4 before Tebow started, and we ended up 8-8. I am okay with that.
No one is denying Tebow played horrible yesterday and that it's a concern. But I feel he deserves an offseason and lets see how he plays next season. Obviously Elway will be bringing in someone who can step in if Tebow doesn't improve.
And pray to god Elway talks some sense in to whoever is responsible for the absolutely horrible playcalls. I don't feel its all on Mccoy, though there is plenty of blame to go around.

I agree, with the slight amendment that I would bring a guy in in FA to compete to start, not just to step in if needed

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Thank God we have smarter, more qualified people controlling our beloved Broncos. A high percentage of fans are maniacs who give there opinions of what should happen because they have nothing to lose. Well everyone in the organization knows a lot more than we do.

Let's say "Tebow had a bad game"

Not "BENCH OUR QB!"

That's ignorant. Be sensible.

We can have discussions without having over the top, extreme reactions.

"Tebow has had a bad season" is a more accurate statement.

dunk7
01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
"Tebow has had a bad season" is a more accurate statement.

The funny thing is his seven wins (which was essentially 7 good drives) masked the fact that he was pretty much brutal from 3 Q's of every game. The last 3 he hasn't pulled the rabbit out of his you know what. I don't think we should bench him for a playoff game. I think we'll see if this guy has a future by how he comes out for this game. If we get much of the same mediocre play and we aren't competitive then I think we draft a QB high or go after someone decent in Free Agency. If he plays well, we'll draft a project or a serviceable backup (someone certainly better than Quinn).

weazel
01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
tebow isnt the answer but to say bench him now is pretty funny. Quinn isnt the answer either.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 10:38 PM
This "high school qb" is 7-4 this year as the starter. I guess if he is high school, he beat a lot of pop warner teams to include some "franchise" qb's along the way.

The 7-4 record is Fools Gold! The 4 loses Tebow had was when teams forced him to pass from behind center and from within the pocket.

The 7 wins was all due to the gimmicky SEC Tebow Ball-Spread Option where teams either had key injuries to starters or hadn't figured out how to stop the Spread Tebow Option.

The Steelers will have a solution for the Spread Option next Sunday and Tebow must prove he can pass the ball from behind center and within the pocket.

This year Tebow and the Bronco's will have a much tougher schedule and every team on the 2012 schedule will have figured out and game planned for the Spread Option. So Tebow and the Broncos may as well scratch it and start learning how to become a prototypical NFL QB who can play from behind center and from within the pocket.

Here's the reality, Tebow won't have time for commercials and hocking his book sales, etc. Tebow must first hire "Steve Young" to help him in every facet of playing QB position in the NFL from a left handers perspective. Then Tebow must become a Monk at Dove Valley and watch endless film of his performance from the 2011 season and work on all his vulnerabilities, horrible passing mechanics, and throwing fundamentals from with in the pocket!

Perhaps the Broncos TE's, Decker, Thomas, and Royal will join Tebow at the Dover Valley Monastery, to work endless hours of practice and film study to improve their play as QB and receiver, with the goal of both receivers and QB getting on the same page.

This way in 2012 hopefully the receivers won't drop as many passes and Tebow vastly improves his passing accuracy, reading Defenses, his 3-5 step drops, comfort in the pocket.

Tebow should come into training camp, the pre-season, and as a starter in 2012 with a passing pct at minimum of 55-60 percent or better while averaging 25-30 passes a game! Elway and Fox need to warn Tebow he cannot come into camp throwing at 48 pct passing.

In the end the 6 months of prep work will avoid Tebow, Decker, Thomas, and Royal from becoming BUST!

rcsodak
01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
If it wasn't for the help of tebow we wouldn't be in the playoffs right now lol

So quick to pull the trigger, but he did play bad, but he is young And still learning
If it werent for some fluke games, denver could have better positioning in the draft.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Ponder?
Hanie?
1st game palmer?
Moore?
Cassel?
Sanchez?

I'll give you Rivers. But he had no floyd, and their Oline was decimated, and had just signed guys off the street days before the game.

rcsodak
01-02-2012, 11:28 PM

Sometimes, thats not a bad thing.

Personally, i feel it set us back.
Worse draft picks, more difficult schedule.

rcsodak
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM

I doubt the defense feels like he's helping them anymore.
12- 3 n outs/pik6's tend to burn that once fabled bridge.

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
And you'll be giddy about it I'm sure.

I bet you were awful happy watching Orton tear through us all day yesterday huh?

It's funny you think you were somehow proven right yesterday when really both QBs were pretty much non-starter worthy all season.

Fixed
I totally agree with you on this, both these guys need to be holding clip boards next year, but when you can only muster 3 points as the teams starting qb, any clip board holding qb in this league will most likely beat you....including orton.

p.s i didnt watch the game, already knew what the outcome would be, instead enjoyed a day in the sun riding atvs in the mountain snow...yes thats me!!!!
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/vettesplus/ed3.jpg