PDA

View Full Version : Kuper out with a broken leg.

DenBronx
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
PostBroncosLindsay Jones

Broken leg, Fox said. RT @kyleindenver: still haven't heard anything on Kuper - was it really his ankle?

PostBroncosLindsay Jones

Broncos players truly heartbroken for Chris Kuper. They knew that no one wanted to make playoffs more than Kuper....

Sucks because Kuper has played very well.

SR
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Ya don't say

TimHippo
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Not surprised. Looked horrific. At the very least there was a dislocation. The foot's not meant to face backwards.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I say we draft a tackle next year or bring Ryan Harris back and move Franklin over to guard. Hopefully Hochstein wasn't hurt too badly.

SR
01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I say we draft a tackle next year or bring Ryan Harris back and move Franklin over to guard. Hopefully Hochstein wasn't hurt too badly.

Are you on drugs?

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Are you on drugs?

No I forgot to take my antipsychotics.:laugh:

Joel
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
After two years in the League Harris can already demand too much money we don't need to spend because Franklin is so awesome, remember? :rolleyes:

It really does suck about Kuper though, and not just because he's our only guard worth a darn; I couldn't see the injury too well 'cos my stream was acting up, but from what everyone else has said I'm kinda glad I didn't see it. Well be hoping and praying for a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible.

SR
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Be glad you didn't see it. Even McGahee looked down at it then put his hands on his head and ran away.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Be glad you didn't see it. Even McGahee looked down at it then put his hands on his head and ran away.

When Walton looked at it, he turned away quickly, went pale, and dropped to one knee (I though he was praying, but then I looked at his face - he was in view of the sideline camera when the training staff was coming out). He started hyperventilating and looked like he was going to puke. The whole team was visibly shaken.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2012, 10:03 PM
WARNING: GRAPHIC, NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHS!

For those who didn't see it... I won't imbed it, just click the link. It's about 14 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldFq_stAgo

SR
01-01-2012, 10:08 PM

When Walton looked at it, he turned away quickly, went pale, and dropped to one knee (I though he was praying, but then I looked at his face - he was in view of the sideline camera when the training staff was coming out). He started hyperventilating and looked like he was going to puke. The whole team was visibly shaken.

I saw it and turned my head from the tv. It was disgusting...way worse than when Eddie Mac broke his leg against the Giants.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
As part of the Broncos' renowned draft class of 2006, Chris Kuper was looking forward to playing in the playoffs for the first time.

He'll have to wait a while longer. Kuper suffered a dislocated left ankle early in the first quarter of the Broncos' 7-3 loss Sunday to the Kansas City Chiefs after right tackle Orlando Franklin inadvertently fell on him from behind.

"I already know that," Franklin said. "You didn't have to remind me."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19657551

BroncoTech
The part that bothered me was Franklin leaving his feet and diving into the back of a pile. Since when are linemen supposed to leave their feet?

TimHippo
This article says it was a dislocated left ankle:

DenBronx
01-01-2012, 10:15 PM

I rewatched the replay and yeah it was pretty gruesome. Foot was twisted all the way to the left.

McGahee knew it right away.

Feel bad for Kupe and wish him a speedy recovery.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
This article says it was a dislocated left ankle:

"Dislocated" is an understatement. Looks like he tore his achilles.

tomjonesrocks
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Hope he doesn't have nerve damage.

Potential career ending injury obviously. A shame.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey - the same thing happened to me years ago - I was carrying my niece (1 yr old) down the steps to the rec room, and missed a step. I was worried about dropping her, and ended up doing the same thing to my ankle - leg was straight, and ankle was totally turned sideways. They had to operate on it, and put a screw in it. NOT FUN.

sneakers
01-02-2012, 12:27 AM
air cast means bad things have happened.

DenBronx
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Hey - the same thing happened to me years ago - I was carrying my niece (1 yr old) down the steps to the rec room, and missed a step. I was worried about dropping her, and ended up doing the same thing to my ankle - leg was straight, and ankle was totally turned sideways. They had to operate on it, and put a screw in it. NOT FUN.

Curious on how long it took you to recover. I had a simular injury to my wrist....still have screws in it today but it took a long time to recover. Would imagine an ankle would take even longer because of all the weight.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Broken tibia and dislocated ankle. It was clear on TV how gruesome it was. McGahee looked down and almost lost it. You could hear instantly on live tv "get the cart! get the cart!"

I actually backed it up on DVR to see it again, people here literally almost lost their lunch. It was gruesome.

G_Money
01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
It's almost impossible to dislocate your ankle without breaking a bone. The way that dislocation happened? No chance.

Sorry Kupe. :( He has a long rehab ahead. And Franklin...

Please rearrange our line. Now we may have no choice, though.

The sort of thing you hate to see in a football game.

~G

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2012, 02:13 AM
That was a very ugly looking injury for sure. I hope Kuper can recover; best guy on our line and has been for a few years now. He went through it like a trooper.

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 02:31 AM
yeah seeing it on TV you couldn't help but be concerned for the guys future. Hoping he's back strong as ever next season.

sneakers
01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Which bone was it?

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2012, 02:41 AM
All of them.

Ziggy
01-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Kuper is one of the few guys on this team that could start for nearly any team in the league. That's a big loss. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Elevation inc
01-02-2012, 06:53 AM
he was the best interior OL we had, although hoch played pretty damn well yesterday to....perhaps hoch should be our left guard instead of zane....you can tell its bad instantly, if you pay close attention to that clip, mcgahee and tebow turn away visibly shook, and fells almost runs the other way.....I would expect kuper to be on the shelf till near the end of pre-season, thats about eight full months......

Elevation inc
01-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Decastro looks good to me in rd 1......I have no problem with drafting him now....

HORSEPOWER 56
01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Which bone was it?

The report says the tibia... which is the larger front bone in the lower leg (shin bone). The smaller bone in the lower leg is the fibula.

BigDaddyBronco
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM
My prayers go out to him. That looked horrible. The only injury I can think of that looked worse was Garrison Hearst breaking his ankle and having his foot spun 180 degrees. I don't think Hearst ever played again.

Kuper has got a long painful recovery in front of him, hopefully he can come back and play at the same level. It would be a big loss.

hotcarl
01-02-2012, 10:20 AM
They said he is going to live

BroncoJoe
01-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I read he broke his tibula and fibula, along with a dislocated ankle.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/Kuper.png

Nomad
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
They said he is going to live

And still gets paid!

I read he broke his tibula and fibula, along with a dislocated ankle.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/Kuper.png

Too bad for the guy but that's a cool shot

getlynched47
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
:Cry:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2603420/99633_Chiefs_Broncos_Football.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/small_415766fb0b0d9eef7cf8cd55aa85ee2e.jpg

Ugh....so gruesome.

Get well soon Kuper. Prayers go out to you and your family.

vettesplus
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
foot was a perfect example of the broncos pointing back wards into the playoffs!!!! would make a great poster for the broncos achievement this year. hope for a fast recovery kope!!!!

BroncoJoe
01-02-2012, 12:33 PM
foot was a perfect example of the broncos pointing back wards into the playoffs!!!! would make a great poster for the broncos achievement this year. hope for a fast recovery kope!!!!

Right. Because everyone expected so much more this season. :tsk:

SR
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Did you have fun cheering on Orton yesterday? Sandbagging son of a bitch.

Elevation inc
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
im pretty sure from that pic thats a tib/fib fracture and dislocated ankle.....i did that same thing sophmore year in football took seven months to fully recover and i wasnt even in playing shape till about 9.......i would expect that we wont see kuper till post pre-season, which means we really should look at trading our first rd pick back to get a extra 2nd and 3rd pick and work the OL issues out with those 2 picks at G/C......

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Did you have fun cheering on Orton yesterday? Sandbagging son of a bitch.

actually i was in the mountains snowbagging with my ATV, didn't need to attend/watch the game, knew what the outcome would be.......:lol:

yes thats me!!!!!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/vettesplus/ed3.jpg

bcbronc
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM
actually i was in the mountains snowbagging with my ATV, didn't need to attend/watch the game, knew what the outcome would be.......:lol:

yes thats me!!!!!

wait, with the division and the playoffs on the line, you didn't watch the game cuz you wanted to go play in the snow?

chazoe60
01-04-2012, 12:07 AM

yes thats me!!!!!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/vettesplus/ed3.jpg

You are one shitty Bronco fan, and I can tell by that picture you're also a giant douche. You should run for office.

KCL
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM

For those who didn't see it... I won't imbed it, just click the link. It's about 14 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldFq_stAgo

My husband noticed it first then I saw it on the replay...I hate when that happens...poor guy.