PDA

View Full Version : After the third game, he rose again, in fulfillment of the scriptures.

iLands
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I am so happy we are playing the Steelers. We match up extremely well and I don't know about you, but I will be surprised if we lose.

I believe. AFC Champs.

Played five less games than Cam? Win more anyway.

"If you believe, sometimes unbelievable things are possible."

threefolddead
01-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Someone has missed the last three games.

BigDaddyBronco
01-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Drugs are illegal.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
The losses were due to happen eventually. Rather have them in the regular season than the playoffs.

camdisco24
01-01-2012, 08:11 PM
You never know! I'm pissed today, but i'll be optimistic tomorrow.

At this point it won't be a surprise if we lose next weekend, and it will be a huge treat if we win.

getlynched47
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Dude, making fun of the Bible in your thread title is NOT COOL

Northman
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Lmao, wow. And let the floodgates open up for the trolls.

iLands
01-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Someone has missed the last three games.

You?

We played right with the Pats. Turning over the ball three times in our territory against Tom Brady is a loss to any team.

Tebow was trying to make some plays against the Bills and came up on the other side of the coin. That same playmaking ability won seven games. One of those picks was stricken from the stat line and the Bills played over their heads.

Today we'd have won if it hadn't been for the botched face mask call or the fumble. The drops that have plagued us all season came back to haunt us.

I watch every game.

We just won the division. I figured all our years in the basement purged the fair weather fans, but apparently not.

Steelers 10 Broncos 13

EDIT:

Dude, making fun of the Bible in your thread title is NOT COOL

Read your Bible. That isn't in it.

It's from the Nicene Creed.

Thanks for playing.

OrangeHoof
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Maybe Timmy has a Lazarus act in store for us...

getlynched47
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Read your Bible. That isn't in it.

It's from the Nicene Creed.

Thanks for playing.

1 Corinthians 15:4

Your title is very offensive. Get rid of it immediately.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I actually got us beating Pitt also to be honest. there banged up. Big ben can barely walk, there center can barely walk. Go broncos go. sit back and enjoy the show.

wayninja
01-01-2012, 08:55 PM
You?
We just won the division. I figured all our years in the basement purged the fair weather fans, but apparently not.

We won the division? By losing?

Sorry, but some of us actually want to WIN the division. You know, like win the game that controls your destiny rather than rely on another team to f* up?

NightTrainLayne
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
We won the division? By losing?

Sorry, but some of us actually want to WIN the division. You know, like win the game that controls your destiny rather than rely on another team to f* up?

There's no rule about what order your wins come in. Every game in the regular season counts the same. We could have lost three in November and then won the last three...would make zero difference.

Joel
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
And I personally think that kind of attitude, in addition to being dangerously close to idolatry, smacks of hubris that begs to be, well, smacked. Tebow learned that lesson in the Lions game; now his fanboys should.

We played right with the Pats. Turning over the ball three times in our territory against Tom Brady is a loss to any team.
Those turnovers didn't just magically happen because NE "believed." They MADE them happen; title contenders make a habit of that. One of those turnovers was a fumble by your hero; he's had many since. For example:

Tebow was trying to make some plays against the Bills and came up on the other side of the coin. That same playmaking ability won seven games. One of those picks was stricken from the stat line and the Bills played over their heads.
No, the pick was not "stricken from the stat line." A Tebow interception returned for a TD was (rightly) changed to a Tebow fumble returned for a TD. Yea for Tebows passer rating; he still scored a TD for the wrong team.

Today we'd have won if it hadn't been for the botched face mask call or the fumble. The drops that have plagued us all season came back to haunt us.
We'd have won without the latest Tebow fumble? Possibly; we still would've needed Fox to kick the FG before the half instead of punting, or Tebow not to eat a third quarter sack that moved us out of FG range. But if any NFL running back fumbled in three straight games, giving opponents 10 points from the first two and costing his team a FG with the last one, he would be lucky to ever get on the field again, let alone start.

I like Tebow as a QB, but he's looked like utter garbage the last three weeks. He routinely misses open receivers, has regressed to throwing off target passes and it's been at least a month since he produced much on the ground; where he once gained first downs and TD running, now he eats sacks and fumbles. I think there are a variety of reasons for that; bad coaching and an inadequate supporting cast loom large, but the fact remains Tebow has had a LOT of ugly plays the last three weeks and very few good ones. Today I recall him having one decent run; apart from that, every time he had the ball something went wrong, often horribly.

That has to change; rather than anticipating a divine resurrection from Tebow, anticipate him riding pine again if he doesn't get much better very soon. He has very nearly played himself out of the starting job with three solid weeks of consistently awful play.

I watch every game.

You're talking about fair weather fans in your THIRD POST?! :laugh: I'll be stunned if we beat the Steelers; if we play them like our last three opponents they'll beat us by 20 or 30 points.

Joel
01-01-2012, 10:32 PM
There's no rule about what order your wins come in. Every game in the regular season counts the same. We could have lost three in November and then won the last three...would make zero difference.
Yes and no. It's mathematically true, but the NFL is all about peaking at the right time, and if we'd had the three losses in November then WON our way into the playoffs by winning our last three we'd all feel a lot better about our chances next week. Right now this team is in demoralized disarray, facing the 12-4 defending AFC Champions next week, with a starting QB who's scored more points for opponents than for us the last two weeks.

Mike
01-01-2012, 11:36 PM
:focus:

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Yes and no. It's mathematically true, but the NFL is all about peaking at the right time, and if we'd had the three losses in November then WON our way into the playoffs by winning our last three we'd all feel a lot better about our chances next week. Right now this team is in demoralized disarray, facing the 12-4 defending AFC Champions next week, with a starting QB who's scored more points for opponents than for us the last two weeks.

I feel very good about the team. Today was a big time reality check for the guys. We didnt get embarassed today but we lost, we didnt make plays and this was actually a playoff game. the guys know they should be going home but ehh they did enough during the season to put themselves in a position that if they did lose 3 in a row they could still get in. Were in and anything can happen. Exspecially if they do a guy check as a staff and as a team and come to play with heart, passion, and put there play making hats on. Because making plays is contagious as we seen during the winning streak whether its offense or defense. somebody has to step up on defense and make some big plays big turnovers, somebody on offense has to become a game breaker making big plays. Im putting my money on these guys coming out and winning next week. Pitt is not undefeated they can be beat.

Joel
01-02-2012, 03:24 AM
I feel very good about the team. Today was a big time reality check for the guys. We didnt get embarassed today but we lost, we didnt make plays and this was actually a playoff game. the guys know they should be going home but ehh they did enough during the season to put themselves in a position that if they did lose 3 in a row they could still get in. Were in and anything can happen. Exspecially if they do a guy check as a staff and as a team and come to play with heart, passion, and put there play making hats on. Because making plays is contagious as we seen during the winning streak whether its offense or defense. somebody has to step up on defense and make some big plays big turnovers, somebody on offense has to become a game breaker making big plays. Im putting my money on these guys coming out and winning next week. Pitt is not undefeated they can be beat.
In the NFL, anyone CAN beat anyone. The Chiefs showed that against the Pack; you have to wonder if there might be a different AFC West champion if Crennel had taken over sooner. But if it's a level playing field, some teams are better than others, and all of the same factors apply to all. The Steelers have 4 losses, yes:

They lost a close one to the 49ers.
They lost another close one to the Texans when they had Schaub.
The Ravens swept them.

After GB, those are probably the best teams in the League (NO might dispute that since they edged out the Texans early, but Andre Johnson was out then.) We needed the Chiefs to fumble a punt return at their 20 to even score a FG. Anything can happen, but I'd take the Steelers and the points if I were betting. Our reality check was against NE; we have yet to recover. IF the team mans up they have a shot next week, but that looks like a big "if" right now, and the defending AFC Champs would still be a better team.

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 03:44 AM
I want to see them make the passing game as stripped down as possible: one read, tuck and run. Forget this hanging in the pocket, he's not going through progressions or finding secondary receivers anyway. He's just sitting there thinking, not playing: movemyfeetstayinthepocketmovemyfeetstayinthepocket ...

That's great, he needs to eventually learn to play from the pocket, and hopefully it will become more natural. But we're in gravy time, the playoffs when we're not really a playoff caliber team yet, so forget development for a week. One read, if Tebow can see the receiver's number, throw the ball. If not be a fullback and see if we can win another with only 2 or 3 offensive drives.

Only way we win is if Ben turns the ball over more times than Tebow does.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 03:55 AM
In the NFL, anyone CAN beat anyone. The Chiefs showed that against the Pack; you have to wonder if there might be a different AFC West champion if Crennel had taken over sooner. But if it's a level playing field, some teams are better than others, and all of the same factors apply to all. The Steelers have 4 losses, yes:

They lost a close one to the 49ers.
They lost another close one to the Texans when they had Schaub.
The Ravens swept them.

After GB, those are probably the best teams in the League (NO might dispute that since they edged out the Texans early, but Andre Johnson was out then.) We needed the Chiefs to fumble a punt return at their 20 to even score a FG. Anything can happen, but I'd take the Steelers and the points if I were betting. Our reality check was against NE; we have yet to recover. IF the team mans up they have a shot next week, but that looks like a big "if" right now, and the defending AFC Champs would still be a better team.

Thats fine, Still ridin with the broncos on this one.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 04:03 AM
I want to see them make the passing game as stripped down as possible: one read, tuck and run. Forget this hanging in the pocket, he's not going through progressions or finding secondary receivers anyway. He's just sitting there thinking, not playing: movemyfeetstayinthepocketmovemyfeetstayinthepocket ...

That's great, he needs to eventually learn to play from the pocket, and hopefully it will become more natural. But we're in gravy time, the playoffs when we're not really a playoff caliber team yet, so forget development for a week. One read, if Tebow can see the receiver's number, throw the ball. If not be a fullback and see if we can win another with only 2 or 3 offensive drives.

Only way we win is if Ben turns the ball over more times than Tebow does.

this is what was working, And then when him being a threat to run got in teams heads theyd come up when he looks like he going to take off and then tebow would hit an open man or go ahead and get 5=6 yards and a first down. I dont know why weve gotten away from this. You want tebow too see defenses and experience the speed of things which hes going to learn anyway. the off season is where you sit down and you break down defenses daily and break down yourself as a player. Right now we dont need to worry about developing him into a pocket passer. do that shit in the off season we need to make plays and move the chains like we were doing pretty well at during the 7 game win streak. it was never the prettiest but it moved the chains a few times, we change field position and we punted but the defense was fresh for the most part and ready to go back out there and defend. Now were run run qb draw punt, run run pass punt, run run sack punt, run run run punt. Like what type of shit is that. Put tebow in the spread and let him either hand it to mcgahee or keep it himself, and when its a pass play let him make one read or two max and take off and get what you can. if we do this vs the steelers we can win a close game. Broncos 17 Pitt 10