PDA

View Full Version : Worst AFC West title ever

igoe4broncos
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I guess I should be happy we won the division, but there is no joy in me at all right now.

Who knows what can happen in the playoffs, but I am sick on my stomach at the moment...

Bullgator
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
It was a bad loss... but hey man the Broncos are in the top 12 teams in the league... after starting 1-4 you guys should be really happy... maybe in a couple days anyway.

chazoe60
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
The Dolts won an AFCW title at 8-8 a few years ago. Whatever. We have holes to fill before we're a real contender.

broncobryce
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
It was a bad loss... but hey man the Broncos are in the top 12 teams in the league... after starting 1-4 you guys should be really happy... maybe in a couple days anyway.

Yep. It's all about perspective. I would've taken 8-8 and a division win had you told me that would be the outcome. I'm proud of this team, but not happy with how the offense is playing lately.

Reidman
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm proud of these guys to do what they've done and get to this point. And I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not happy we made a post-season appearance. I just wish we deserved to be there is all.

This has been like one of those quarter machines at the arcade where you put the coin in and hope it falls into the winning slot...

Nomad
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
The Dolts won an AFCW title at 8-8 a few years ago. Whatever. We have holes to fill before we're a real contender.

It's not the record chaz. SD also played their asses off towards the end to earn that title whereas the BRONCOS regressed and played without any will to win/heart these last 3 games. I love this team but not necessarily proud of their performance as of late and how they were handed the playoffs.

nevcraw
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
whatevs. we could not be in the playoffs! but we are in.. next week is zero-zero.

MasterShake
01-01-2012, 08:23 PM
We did everything we needed to do to be in position to take the AFCW with a win or an Oakland loss. We didn't get it done, but neither did Oakland.

You bet your ass I will be glued to my TV for one more week of Broncos football. Not happy with todays game, but thrilled to have a playoff game.:salute:

OrangeHoof
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Hell, no. Would you rather have lost the last game of the season and NOT made the playoffs? You don't have to look too far to see that example from past Denver teams. Of course, if you only came here to sniff Tebow's jock, you probably don't know that.

I'm disappointed we didn't win but we didn't need to win, as it turned out. We're in exactly the same spot as we would have been if we had won - AFC West Champions with a home playoff game. For a team like this one, that's all you could possibly hope for. And, as a bonus, we improved our draft position at 8-8 instead of 9-7.

BroncoStud
01-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I guess all the whiners won't be watching next week. Ya right...

Enjoy the division title, we havent had one lately.