PDA

View Full Version : John Fox and Mike McCoy

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
You stupid mother-------.

How the f--k can you expect Tebow to throw the ball late in the 4th quarter under fire when you don't let him throw the ball throughout the game.

How the 2 of you are NFL caliber coaches are completely a mystery beyond me.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:17 PM
They have to deal with his limitations, and work AROUND it. Not to mention, the running game was by far working better than the pass game.

broncobryce
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Tebow needs work, but I agree this coaching staff has NO CLUE how to handle a young QB. Hopefully things get better in the offseason.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Tebow needs work, but I agree this coaching staff has NO CLUE how to handle a young QB. Hopefully things get better in the offseason.

Completely. At some point you have to let Tebow try and pass. That point passed about 12 quarters ago.

Figure it out already.

BroncoStud
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Disgraceful playcalling all day long. Pathetic. McCoy is a joke.

camdisco24
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I think without a doubt McCoy needs to go. I have confidence in Fox to make things happen, but he HAS to have a creative OC or his teams become one dimensional.

We've seen what McCoy can do and it's pretty pathetic.

broncobryce
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Disgraceful playcalling all day long. Pathetic. McCoy is a joke.

And we know Fox likes to run the ball firs second and third, so I'm not sure another playcaller would do any good. Possibly better designed plays, who knows.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I am not a tebow fanatic, But hes working with some poor poor coaches. He needs a ton of work which im sure he will work on this off season and come back next year looking to prove hes gotten better. but these coaches not allowing him to throw and then calling on him in desperate times to throw magic has ran out. were gonna have to get open and tebows gonna have to make throws. if they flame out trying its okay, we simply tucked our tails and hoped to win.

sneakers
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/75_134/18_239/thatsucked_tenorvox.jpg

broken12
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
what a joke, especiallly in the second half with awesome field position, not one play action shot! this coaching staff is really screwing him in developing, i really dont like tebow but at the same time give him an opportunity to develop. You dont learn to walk by sitting on your ass

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought we were going to evaluate Tebow? :confused:

I wouldn't say we know a whole lot more about the kid now than 11 games ago! That is what I fault McCoy/Fox with. Way too conservative.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
The coaching staff is trying to WIN games and go to the playoffs. When your QB misses 9 passes in a row, I think they understand what Tebow's limitations are without having to drop him back and miss more passes.

Eventually, its up to the QB to complete some passes so the opposing defense HAS to respect the pass. Missing passes, and missing the look of open receivers doesn't do that for either side.

How many passes should they call and watch him miss before its smart to stick with a running game that has worked for our wins? We were only 7 down. The coaches have to work with what they have, and not with what they WISH they had. They are not going to have him drop back adn throw purely to "evaluate" him. He's BEEN evaluated.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
The coaching staff is trying to WIN games and go to the playoffs. When your QB misses 9 passes in a row, I think they understand what Tebow's limitations are without having to drop him back and miss more passes.

Eventually, its up to the QB to complete some passes so the opposing defense HAS to respect the pass. Missing passes, and missing the look of open receivers doesn't do that for either side.

How many passes should they call and watch him miss before its smart to stick with a running game that has worked for our wins? We were only 7 down. The coaches have to work with what they have, and not with what they WISH they had. They are not going to have him drop back adn throw purely to "evaluate" him. He's BEEN evaluated.

It's not as simple as just calling passes. It is the play calls themselves.

I can think of one maybe two playaction passes in the last 3 weeks. With a guy like Tebow, that low number of PA passes is a bit confusing considering the success they had when they were called.

Screen passes? :confused: When was the last true screen you can recall (without looking it up)?

They tried a long developing bubble to Fells and he ran a dogshit route!

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
9 misses in a row is not all about tebow... But even if it was you dont just stop throwing the ball anyway. smh @ thinking its okay to tuck your tail and pack it in giving up on it all together. Makes no sense to me buddy, You dont quit on yourselves ever. Our own OC made it so that KC didnt even need to defend the pass. which will only hold the team back.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
It's not as simple as just calling passes. It is the play calls themselves.

I can think of one maybe two playaction passes in the last 3 weeks. With a guy like Tebow, that low number of PA passes is a bit confusing considering the success they had when they were called.

Screen passes? :confused: When was the last true screen you can recall (without looking it up)?
They tried a long developing bubble to Fells and he ran a dogshit route!

Bump.

Just curious!

Chef Zambini
01-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I think without a doubt McCoy needs to go. I have confidence in Fox to make things happen, but he HAS to have a creative OC or his teams become one dimensional.

We've seen what McCoy can do and it's pretty pathetic.saME WITH TEBOW... PATHETIC !Maybe fox and mccoy are morons because any coach with half a brain would make tebow a fullback.
he is NOT an NFL quality QB, never will be.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
whens the last time a WR ran a 5-10 yard crossing routes? Lol comebacks or deep balls for our wideouts. thas whats pathetic. theres not much even my boy matt flynn would have done with a OC like McCoy.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
It's really sad. I wish there was half as much variety in our passing game as there is in our running game.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
yeah i love the design on alot of our running plays, very creative concepts. but when it comes to the routes our WRs run were lmitied to 2 types of routes. deep balls and 10 yard comebacks, we rarely run slants, crosses, swing passes to the RB, we simply dont do anything creative in the passing game to open things up. thats coaching, AGAIN we know tebow needs work but hes behind the 8ball if he plans on developing under McCoy

Joel
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM

The coaches quit trying to WIN games the moment we took sole possession of first place in the AFC West; since then they've only tried to avoid losing. We're 0-3 in that span, I'd say they've done a crappy job of it.

Fox hates taking chances and won't unless there's no choice; once he had a path to the playoffs other than letting Tebow run when he can't throw and throw when he can't run he seized it in a deathgrip with both hands. I don't know how he musters the courage to get out of bed every day, knowing there's a slight risk he might get hit by a bus.

How many games have we won refusing to pass (which is what we're doing: Not running, but running to the exclusion of passing until it's third and long and the D knows a pass is coming)? Even when we ran for 250 yards against KC, we only won because of a long TD pass from Tebow. We ran for 200+ against NE and lost by 18. We ran for 200 yds today and only managed a FG--on a fumbled punt we recovered at their 20; again, we lost.

Fox has drilled into Tebows head that he must stay in the pocket and not force throws, which denies our QB any opportunity to fit balls into narrow windows as a good NFL passer OR take off and run for first downs or TDs. So we get sacks, fumbles and throw aways. That's Foxball, folks, and changing it has nothing to do with changes under center.

The only good news is that since the Steelers have us completely outclassed Fox might be desperate enough to take some chances next week, but his comment in the post game interview that "once you're in the dance they can't kick you out" doesn't bode well for that. The Steelers can most definitely kick you out if you don't take the handcuffs off your offense, Coach Fox, and this business of "we won't write an offensive game plan until their defence informs us what they'll allow us to do" is a recipe for defeat.

I know Fox is a defensive coach used to reacting to what opposing offenses do, but you can't run an offense like a defence: You have to dictate to their defence just like their offense dictates to your defence. If you're letting their offense dictate to your defence AND letting their defence dictate to your offense, who's really coaching your team? Because I guarantee every time you let the opponents coaches call your plays, you'll lose.

NightTrainLayne
01-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Bump.

Just curious!

First quarter against Buffalo last week. It went for negative yardage.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
The coaches quit trying to WIN games the moment we took sole possession of first place in the AFC West; since then they've only tried to avoid losing. We're 0-3 in that span, I'd say they've done a crappy job of it.

Fox hates taking chances and won't unless there's no choice; once he had a path to the playoffs other than letting Tebow run when he can't throw and throw when he can't run he seized it in a deathgrip with both hands. I don't know how he musters the courage to get out of bed every day, knowing there's a slight risk he might get hit by a bus.

How many games have we won refusing to pass (which is what we're doing: Not running, but running to the exclusion of passing until it's third and long and the D knows a pass is coming)? Even when we ran for 250 yards against KC, we only won because of a long TD pass from Tebow. We ran for 200+ against NE and lost by 18. We ran for 200 yds today and only managed a FG--on a fumbled punt we recovered at their 20; again, we lost.

Fox has drilled into Tebows head that he must stay in the pocket and not force throws, which denies our QB any opportunity to fit balls into narrow windows as a good NFL passer OR take off and run for first downs or TDs. So we get sacks, fumbles and throw aways. That's Foxball, folks, and changing it has nothing to do with changes under center.

The only good news is that since the Steelers have us completely outclassed Fox might be desperate enough to take some chances next week, but his comment in the post game interview that "once you're in the dance they can't kick you out" doesn't bode well for that. The Steelers can most definitely kick you out if you don't take the handcuffs off your offense, Coach Fox, and this business of "we won't write an offensive game plan until their defence informs us what they'll allow us to do" is a recipe for defeat.

I know Fox is a defensive coach used to reacting to what opposing offenses do, but you can't run an offense like a defence: You have to dictate to their defence just like their offense dictates to your defence. If you're letting their offense dictate to your defence AND letting their defence dictate to your offense, who's really coaching your team? Because I guarantee every time you let the opponents coaches call your plays, you'll lose.

the best damn post ive ever read on here period. hit everything right on the head. tebow is being brainwashed to play fox ball.

CoachChaz
01-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Fox, McCoy AND Tebow should eventually be shown the door

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Fox and McCoy are pretty obviously not the problem.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Fox, McCoy AND Tebow should eventually be shown the door

Nah you keep tebow and make him battle it out with Flynn for the starting job. Tebow has to put in work this off season. But we still better get some play makers whether its tebow or Flynn or whoever,

CoachChaz
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM

I wont say they are responsible for TT's performance...but McCoy couldnt be more unimaginitive and Fox is just way too conservative for todays game. Regardless of who our QB is...im not interested in those two being around very long

BroncoTech
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Personally I'm amazed at what our coaching staff has achieved this year.

They're working with one of the youngest lines in the NFL, with young receivers as well. Our experienced receiver was forced into returning punts. Our aged running back has bad wheels and hasn't finished a game since who knows when. Our young quarterback throws like a girl and can't read a defense or spot wide open receivers. Buying time in the pocket hasn't brought any success and at times Tebow just looks lost out there.

Our conservative game plans offer the best shot at success by not causing huge shifts of momentum and limiting turn overs. Our lack of screen passes represents an understanding that our opponents are holding an edge and not edge rushing, and edge rushing is the main requirements for successful screens. Tebow is not hitting receivers on their break and is unable to hit slants within the open window defenses might provide. All in all it's amazing we are division champs with such a young crew.

BroncoStud
01-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Whoever is calling the plays is a MAJOR problem.

Tebow has some serious issues but the offensive playcall is some of the worst in NFL history and was with Orton under center as well. McCoy is just pretty much terrible at what he does.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Whoever is calling the plays is a MAJOR problem.

Tebow has some serious issues but the offensive playcall is some of the worst in NFL history and was with Orton under center as well. McCoy is just pretty much terrible at what he does.

I disagree. It doesn't matter what he calls.

Joel
01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I disagree. It doesn't matter what he calls.
If Ortons winning percentage in Denver were as high as it is in KC, Tebow would still be on the bench. This season he's had twice the wins there in half as many starts.

smith49
01-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Personally I'm amazed at what our coaching staff has achieved this year.

They're working with one of the youngest lines in the NFL, with young receivers as well. Our experienced receiver was forced into returning punts. Our aged running back has bad wheels and hasn't finished a game since who knows when. Our young quarterback throws like a girl and can't read a defense or spot wide open receivers. Buying time in the pocket hasn't brought any success and at times Tebow just looks lost out there.

Our conservative game plans offer the best shot at success by not causing huge shifts of momentum and limiting turn overs. Our lack of screen passes represents an understanding that our opponents are holding an edge and not edge rushing, and edge rushing is the main requirements for successful screens. Tebow is not hitting receivers on their break and is unable to hit slants within the open window defenses might provide. All in all it's amazing we are division champs with such a young crew.

now thats a post i can agree with. also, TT has yet to develope the ability to hit a timing pattern. They are there, and the wr's are open for a brief moment (all you can expect in the nfl) and TT is not even cocked and ready to throw. I also fault the O line. They cant pass block at all, but like you stated, they are young....