PDA

View Full Version : Since its all tebows fault for WRs not getting open....

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
We should start Brady Quinn next week in the playoffs. Clearly McCoys just not going to let tebow throw the ball smh. Start Brady Quinn vs the steelers next week. Tebow will never develope by McCoy hiding him. Phill Simms said it best, The WRs arent getting open and McCoy wont even give tebow a chance half the time.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Just because the WR's can't get open, doesn't give Tebow the right to run around like a f'n idiot, not throw the ball away, and take a sack.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
The WR's were open a lot today. They can't stay open while Tebow runs around.

If they weren't open, they couldn't get open with all the running around.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Start Quinn! By the way were in the playoffs, Yeah baby....1-4 to the playoffs. Good job fellas even though you all havent done shit in 3 weeks. Start quinn @ Pitt if tebow is truly the reason why McCoy wont throw the ball. Maybe quinn can throw to WRs with dbs glued all over them. START QUINN

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry, THis excuse was proved to be COMPLETELY bunk tonight. How many times does the announcers have to show the WRs open for you guys to stop using this excuse for Tim's inability to find the open guy?

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Just because the WR's can't get open, doesn't give Tebow the right to run around like a f'n idiot, not throw the ball away, and take a sack.

Yeah he used to take off running up the field untill somebody told him he needs to stand in the pocket and make throws all the time..... He did have some bone headed sacks though but the old tebow takes off running after one read. now that hes trying to make 3-4 reads his mind is going crazy. Hes not ready for this shit. let him take off running. but we should still start brady quinn next week. I want to see if anything changes

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry, THis excuse was proved to be COMPLETELY bunk tonight. How many times does the announcers have to show the WRs open for you guys to stop using this excuse for Tim's inability to find the open guy?

tebow missed a few but iw atched the whole game. the announcers showed tebow missing about 3 legit open throws...Dont over do it son.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
tebow missed a few but iw atched the whole game. the announcers showed tebow missing about 3 legit open throws...Dont over do it son.

Listen.. BOY... I'm talking about the announcers showing.. ShOWING.. open receivers that Tim didn't even throw the ball to because he didn't see them. I'm sorry you want to believe that its the receiver's fault, but you are either lying here, or lying to yourself. I'll choose to believe that latter.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Thats exactly what im talking about? they only showed it 3 times. Like i said dont over do it son. Your way beyond dramatic lol. Simms pointed out 3 times tebow missed open guys because he didnt see them. Just like last week in buffalo he missed about 3-4 open guys. Relax son your being dramatic.

broncobryce
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Listen.. BOY... I'm talking about the announcers showing.. ShOWING.. open receivers that Tim didn't even throw the ball to because he didn't see them. I'm sorry you want to believe that its the receiver's fault, but you are either lying here, or lying to yourself. I'll choose to believe that latter.

Dude we just watched the game. There were three times at most the WR's were open and Tim didn't get it done. The rest of the time I didn't see anyone open.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Lol its funny how little guys get emotional and then blow things out of proportion, I love phil simms so i listen and pay attention when hes calling a game. Tebow missed 3-4 open guys he sure did....But if your WRs only get open 3-4 times per game then your doomed anyway. lol. I had the chargers game on double screen and umm did you notice how rivers had recievers open bu 1-2 steps ALOT? why cant we ever get that? tebow needs work but hes never going to be a guy thats going to throw into tight coverage on the money 95% of the time. Only few quarterbacks can do that. So at some point were going to have to get open, get seperation, and more than a few times per game.

igoe4broncos
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Our receivers suck at getting open. Tim Tebows sucks at throwing the ball.

Combine that and you get 6 of 22.

The blame falls on both ends...not that hard to figure out.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Dude we just watched the game. There were three times at most the WR's were open and Tim didn't get it done. The rest of the time I didn't see anyone open.

you didn't see any wrs open, huh? did you see them before the cameras showed them the first three times?

This was the same problem people talked about with Tebow's weaknesses when coming out of college. He doesn't know a pro offense, and doesn't know what defenses are doing or what they want to accomplish (by his own admission)..thus he doesn't know where the windows are in the defense pre-snap. This is NOT shocking or news, here. THis is exactly what the coaches knew and saw in the pre-season when people were complaining that the coaches were purely WANTING him to fail. They even roll him out so that he only has 1 read to make and limit his reads to one side of the hashmarks.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
blah blah blah if he still cant read defenses next year then we have a problem.

Ziggy
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
There were 3 times that the announcers showed receivers getting open and Tebow not seeing them. I'll wait to hear from my friends who went to the game if there were more instances or not.

Mike
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Tebow doubts himself far too much. Add in a really horrible OC calling plays and you get what we saw today.

Tebow might have undone what he built during their win streak over the last 3 games. I despise McCoy with a passion, but Tebow is a problem. There were a lot of wide open guys today. The bigger problem that I saw was this...if you can't trust your QB to throw the ball then you need to do something. And Denver doesn't trust their QB. He's young and green, so the question is have you seen enough in him to dedicate time/effort to build on and coach in him or do you scrap it and look in another direction.

Right now I am on the fence.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
We should start Brady Quinn next week in the playoffs. Clearly McCoys just not going to let tebow throw the ball smh. Start Brady Quinn vs the steelers next week. Tebow will never develope by McCoy hiding him. Phill Simms said it best, The WRs arent getting open and McCoy wont even give tebow a chance half the time.

Rod Mackey just spoke with Coach Fox, and Rod brought up the conservative play calling, and all of the runs called, and Coach stated "if you watched us throw the ball, you should realize why we were running so much".

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Rod Mackey just spoke with Coach Fox, and Rod brought up the conservative play calling, and all of the runs called, and Coach stated "if you watched us throw the ball, you should realize why we were running so much".

That speaks volumes.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah right but when tebow was lighting up the vikes and the bears in the 4th it was all good throwing, Just watch how smoother things are when the WRs are getting open and were calling a good game on offense like the vikings game. which was the best game mccoy has called. atleast in the 2nd half. John Fox if ******* retarded he doesnt know a thing about offense. Hey john fox why did you stick with jake delhomme for so long? he was inaccurate and slow as dirt. Couldnt do anything. Fox loved him so i hope fox aint bashing tebow.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
The receivers were able to get some separation but I have a feeling after the multiple interceptions Tim threw last week he didn't want to take the risk. It's as if the losses scared him back into his shell.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah right but when tebow was lighting up the vikes and the bears in the 4th it was all good throwing, Just watch how smoother things are when the WRs are getting open and were calling a good game on offense like the vikings game. which was the best game mccoy has called. atleast in the 2nd half. John Fox if ******* retarded he doesnt know a thing about offense. Hey john fox why did you stick with jake delhomme for so long? he was inaccurate and slow as dirt. Couldnt do anything. Fox loved him so i hope fox aint bashing tebow.

So Tim is ok with WIDE open WRs, but isn't good with tight windows. Well, Tim, welcome to the NFL.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Again, I fault the coaching staff for no play actions and screens early on! Even Elway needed to get in a rhythm early in games and teams at times could keep him from doing that.

No hurry up to slow KC a fast defense that substitutes a bit.

Northman
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Tebow doubts himself far too much. Add in a really horrible OC calling plays and you get what we saw today.

Tebow might have undone what he built during their win streak over the last 3 games. I despise McCoy with a passion, but Tebow is a problem. There were a lot of wide open guys today. The bigger problem that I saw was this...if you can't trust your QB to throw the ball then you need to do something. And Denver doesn't trust their QB. He's young and green, so the question is have you seen enough in him to dedicate time/effort to build on and coach in him or do you scrap it and look in another direction.

Shhhhhhh, dont let VonSuckemMiller see that. :lol:

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Exactly! Having the coaching staff question his ability coupled with a string of poor games has lead him to question himself.

Northman
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
So Tim is ok with WIDE open WRs, but isn't good with tight windows. Well, Tim, welcome to the NFL.

Yea, imagine that. :lol:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Again, I fault the coaching staff for no play actions and screens early on! Even Elway needed to get in a rhythm early in games and teams at times could keep him from doing that.

did we even run any screen plays? did we design any plays for a RB to get the ball in the flats? You know just to crank things up? Every pass play we run is designed for routes 15 yards or more up the field. Whats up with that? Why no short stuff to get the passing game cranked up?

ShooterJM
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
They even roll him out so that he only has 1 read to make and limit his reads to one side of the hashmarks.

How many designed roll outs did you see today?

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Theres a differance between tight windos and not open but forcing the ball in there depending on your WR to make a play, which our WRs never do but ehhh. Ive seen tebow make some throws into tight windows just give the kid a little seperation? Just a little bit. Its all i ask. Tebow aint Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, and even those guys have WRs that give them seperation ALOT. there not throwing into tight windows because uhhh they have something we dont and thats called playmakers that get open on consistant basis.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 08:06 PM
How many designed roll outs did you see today?

Dont forget about the 6 qb draws on 3rd and 10. I mean youd think theyd let a mobile qb drop back and take a look at his first read second read and if nothings there then run around for as many yards as possible. I just dont know why you call a qb draw with a mobile qb on 3rd and 10. Thats pathetic coaching right there. Aint noway around it. A mobile qb can take off a run almost any time... Give the defense something to defend even if the WRs dont get open. dont just say hey were going to run on 3rd and long today so dont worry about covering the wideouts. keep your 9 in the box and watch us run a qb draw.

rcsodak
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Good grief, timmy. Settle down before you split your other lip.

Defenses learned to NOT change at the end of the game, is why the "magic" has ended.

Ditka said this after the Jets game. And again after the chi game.

And I'd take Delhomme, at this point. :puke:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

getlynched47
01-01-2012, 08:20 PM
6 turnovers committed by Tim Tebow in 2 games. :coffee:

lgenf
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Tight windows and NO windows are different

Yes sims showed a couple plays maybe 4 total that he saw open guys

He also showed a few plays and commented many more times in the game that NO ONE WAS OPEN

Our WRs are getting NO separation and you combine that with Tebow being way to scared to put it in there after the last two games and then combine all that with run run pass play calling that gives you 3rd and 8 way too many times and you get NO OFFENSIVE PRODUCTION

Tebow has to play, get in rythym, be in the shotgun, spread offense set would be nice, but having him only pass in known passing situations with WRs that aren't getting it done is a recipe for failure

catfish
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I think it is fair to say that there wasn't any part of the passing game that played well today, judging by the bits I was able to catch Tebow played like shit, the line had its usual issues with a 4 man rush, receivers could quickly beat man coverage...comedy of errors all around, doesn't come close to excuse 6/22.

Plus Tebow singlehandedly lost the game by fumbling in the redzone and taking a sack to put them out of FG range. If I was fox I probably would have taken a shot at field goals on some of the longer attempts but it is what it is. I don't really care about the INT but this fumbling has got to ******* stop

BORDERLINE
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah he used to take off running up the field untill somebody told him he needs to stand in the pocket and make throws all the time

I completely agree with this. Tim's at his most explosive when he just balls out

horsepig
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Actually, Rav, I didn't see very many open WRs today. My fault is with what I could see on TV and that was that there were hardly ever any safety valve receivers to throw to for short gains or maybe big YAC.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I completely agree with this. Tim's at his most explosive when he just balls out

Its the reason we were able to extend drives and keep the defense fresh, when tim was taking off after his first read or second read and going to get first downs.

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Actually, Rav, I didn't see very many open WRs today. My fault is with what I could see on TV and that was that there were hardly ever any safety valve receivers to throw to for short gains or maybe big YAC.

I only caught the end of the 3rd quarter and the fourth, and the announcers were making a big point about how the KC secondary had left noone open all night. I am not excusing Tebow's poor play, but dont blind yourfself to the fact that he is far from the only liability on offense

horsepig
01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah he used to take off running up the field untill somebody told him he needs to stand in the pocket and make throws all the time..... He did have some bone headed sacks though but the old tebow takes off running after one read. now that hes trying to make 3-4 reads his mind is going crazy. Hes not ready for this shit. let him take off running. but we should still start brady quinn next week. I want to see if anything changes

Forget Quinn for God, sake. The Chefs kept contain very well, TT didn't have a lot of options (no pun intended).

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry, we knew it wouldnt be long before defenses caught on to what we were doing with the scheme. At some point you have to be able to pass from the pocket as a QB. Pitt is just going to come in next week and do the same thing and force Tebow to make plays through the air which we know he cant do consistently.

I Eat Staples
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Receivers were open all game, Tebow chose to hold the ball and dance around for 10 seconds before throwing it out of bounds or taking a sack.

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Receivers were open all game, Tebow chose to hold the ball and dance around for 10 seconds before throwing it out of bounds or taking a sack.

like I said I only caught the end of the 3rd and the fourth, I can only speak to about 5 minutes of one and the other, other than that I was taking what the announcers said.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry, we knew it wouldnt be long before defenses caught on to what we were doing with the scheme. At some point you have to be able to pass from the pocket as a QB. Pitt is just going to come in next week and do the same thing and force Tebow to make plays through the air which we know he cant do consistently.

can we get a variety of routes and some wideouts thatll get open consistantly? i guarantee tebow hits guys if they give him something to hit consistantly. juss like the vikings game. he stood in the pocket and hit open guys, he scrambled around and hit open guys.,

Chef Zambini
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I cant defend mccoy, but..
I can definatly prosecute tebow.
he is not an NFL quality QB, he is NOT !
if you are a legitimate football fan and you watch any other NFL games,
you must recognise that Tebow is clearly the worst passing QB in the entire league!

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
can we get a variety of routes and some wideouts thatll get open consistantly? i guarantee tebow hits guys if they give him something to hit consistantly. juss like the vikings game. he stood in the pocket and hit open guys, he scrambled around and hit open guys.,

The wide receivers are the least of the problem. Tebow needs to improve with his accuracy and pocket presence above all else. Once he gets that corrected (if he ever does) than we can work on the receivers.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Damn Victor cruz stop getting open dude, Let Eli throw you open.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM
The wide receivers are the least of the problem. Tebow needs to improve with his accuracy and pocket presence above all else. Once he gets that corrected (if he ever does) than we can work on the receivers.

oh our coaching staff is so shitty we cant develope Wrs and QBs at once? great staff there.

You got a answer for why we only run go routes and 10 yard come backs? No slants? No short crossing routes? Swing passes?

catfish

I'm not sure you can rank the problems the passing game has as they all affect the other, suffice it to say an upgrade is needed in pass blocking, TE play, WR play and QB play. Until all of those positions get better, either by players stepping up of being replaaced the offense is going to look like shit.

I fear this team is going to pick for D in the first few rounds so expect more of the same in the near future

Nomad

Yeah, I don't have any confidence in Tebow for next week....hope the rest of the team shows up including coaching. But I don't think it's gonna be pretty for the BRONCOS

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:16 PM
oh our coaching staff is so shitty we cant develope Wrs and QBs at once? great staff there.

You got a answer for why we only run go routes and 10 yard come backs? No slants? No short crossing routes? Swing passes?

Because our QB can complete passes? :lol:

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure you can rank the problems the passing game has as they all affect the other, suffice it to say an upgrade is needed in pass blocking, TE play, WR play and QB play.

While there are other areas that need to be worked on QB is still a massive problem and Fox and Elway know that. As i stated in the gameday thread good/great QB's can make even the most average WR's look like allstars. Since the Viking game Tebow has looked awful and has turned the ball over time and time again. He's regressed badly and Denver cant take a chance on him being the only guy going into next year. Denver needs to get a QB who can pass from the pocket and do it all whether its through the draft or FA.

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Because our QB can complete passes? :lol:

to be fair for a few weeks there he looked like he was turning a corner, it would appear the bills game mind ****** him badly and he has badly regressed. I fully expect the playoff game to be a blowout loss, but I still think that is better than watching Oakland get blown out while the team sits at home.

The offseason will be the tell, if he can show improvement great, if not the team will be in a much better spot to go after Barkley or whomever the next big thing is next year without packaging picks that they can't afford to give up

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:22 PM
to be fair for a few weeks there he looked like he was turning a corner, it would appear the bills game mind ****** him badly and he has badly regressed. I fully expect the playoff game to be a blowout loss, but I still think that is better than watching Oakland get blown out while the team sits at home.

The offseason will be the tell, if he can show improvement great, if not the team will be in a much better spot to go after Barkley or whomever the next big thing is next year without packaging picks that they can't afford to give up

Hence why i said he has regressed. But it started against the Pats and just went downhilll from there. Supposedly this kid was mentally tough but if he cant bounce back from bad games than that is troubling.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
damn you hakeem nicks how were you sitting wide open in that zone. Maybe you should have sat somewhere closer to the dbs so eli would have had to make a tougher throw.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Hence why i said he has regressed. But it started against the Pats and just went downhilll from there. Supposedly this kid was mentally tough but if he cant bounce back from bad games than that is troubling.

I mean hows he suppose to move forward if the OC is like no we dont trust you throwing the ball after a bad stretch

NameUsedBefore
01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
I say we just ditch this blatant fabrication and start Willis McGahee at QB.

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I mean hows he suppose to move forward if the OC is like no we dont trust you throwing the ball after a bad stretch

As i said in the gameday thread. When you struggle to even make the passes that your given (with wide open receivers, out routes, etc) than what confidence is McCoy going to have? While im not a big McCoy fan Tebow has done very little the last 3 games to give him a reason to open it up more. If Tim wants more opportunities he will need to give the coaching staff a reason to let him throw more. When you cant hit the broadside of a barn 7/10 times thats a big problem.

Nick
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread is BS, We had wide receivers getting open and he even saw them. They do not stay open forever.

Also Tebows fumble didn't help.

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Fair enough. I see it starting with the Bills game, I don't feel the NE game was out of the ordinary passing wise but that is my opinion. I will be more interested to see if he can turn it around in the offseason although I am not happy about 2 horrible games consistency is the last thing that comes so we will see I suppose. It would be nice to see at least a decent passing game against the Steelers, but I am not going to be betting on it

lgenf
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Wait a minute north

The commentators for the game actually stated no one was open on MOST of our pass plays, show 3 or 4 where they were open and that turns into WRs were open all game in your mind?

Then when Tim does hit them with the ball they drop it which kills the drives and that's on Tebow and the WRs are the least of our problems?

Wow, I know Tebow has to work on things too, but damn did you see the game through some skewed glasses if you think that

We don't have a single WR on this roster that would start on any other nfl team, they are absolutely one of the biggest problems with this offense and they are doing nothing to help with the development of a young QB with flaws in his game

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Wait a minute north

The commentators for the game actually stated no one was open on MOST of our pass plays, show 3 or 4 where they were open and that turns into WRs were open all game in your mind?

Then when Tim does hit them with the ball they drop it which kills the drives and that's on Tebow and the WRs are the least of our problems?

Wow, I know Tebow has to work on things too, but damn did you see the game through some skewed glasses if you think that

We don't have a single WR on this roster that would start on any other nfl team, they are absolutely one of the biggest problems with this offense and they are doing nothing to help with the development of a young QB with flaws in his game

First off, im not a fanboi of Tebows so better check yourself son. You want to talk about skewed perception just go back and read all your posts any given week where you CONSTANTLY give excuses for Tebow's poor play. Yes, there are problems everywhere on this team but Tim has consistently struggled to make passes to wide open receivers, go through progressions, etc. I laugh at guys like VonSuckem who wants to prop Cruz on this pedestal as a WR when its actually Manning who can actually get the ball to him. Cruz wasnt some Allstar coming out of college. Qb's who are even worth a damn can get the ball to their receivers whether they are wide open or tightly covered. Your smoking so much Tebow jock that you just cant get beyond it. You fanboi's are just completely embarrassing at this point.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Wait a minute north

No they didn't.

Wide receivers were open all effing day long. What a pathetic performance. Quit blaming the wide receivers. The problem is the quarterback.

Mike
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
No they didn't.

Wide receivers were open all effing day long. What a pathetic performance. Quit blaming the wide receivers. The problem is the quarterback.

And OC.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
And OC.

What is he supposed to call? His quarterback cant pass.

People need to quit blaming McCoy. Seriously, what the hell is he supposed to do?

lgenf
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
No they didn't.

they were not open ALL DAY

but you and North keep that up, and I will stick with the truth

the truth about this game is that Tebow struggled and nothing worked on offense except McGahee up the middle all day

out WRs did not get open, and on the few plays they did get open and tebow didnt throw it to them, Sims made a point to highlight those plays

horsepig
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
did we even run any screen plays? did we design any plays for a RB to get the ball in the flats? You know just to crank things up? Every pass play we run is designed for routes 15 yards or more up the field. Whats up with that? Why no short stuff to get the passing game cranked up?

I've been commenting on this aspect of McCoy's offense all along, Von, even with Orton at the wheel.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
they were not open ALL DAY

but you and North keep that up, and I will stick with the truth

the truth about this game is that Tebow struggled and nothing worked on offense except McGahee up the middle all day

out WRs did not get open, and on the few plays they did get open and tebow didnt throw it to them, Sims made a point to highlight those plays

Yeah, they were.

Sticking your fingers in your ears won't do you much good.

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Theres a differance between tight windos and not open but forcing the ball in there depending on your WR to make a play, which our WRs never do but ehhh. Ive seen tebow make some throws into tight windows just give the kid a little seperation? Just a little bit. Its all i ask. Tebow aint Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, and even those guys have WRs that give them seperation ALOT. there not throwing into tight windows because uhhh they have something we dont and thats called playmakers that get open on consistant basis.

I think you have to give the Chiefs Defense credit today.Romeo since taking over has had the D ready.They have played so much better since Haley was fired and like I stated in another thread,Romeo was studying game film like a mad man.The D brought their A game today.

Broncos Mtnman
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
What is he supposed to call? His quarterback cant pass.

People need to quit blaming McCoy. Seriously, what the hell is he supposed to do?

My friends have called me crazy for this, but I think that FOXY was scoreboard watching during the game and noticed that Oakland was likely to lose.

So, with a QB who has sucked the previous two games, and with the knowledge that Timmy can't throw a spiral, let alone a completion to save his life, the staff was content to run the ball to death.

This prevents Timmy from looking like the inept QB that he is and the team still makes the playoffs.

While I'm not all that crazy about Fox and Co., I don't think they have any choice with Timmy.

:coffee:

horsepig
01-01-2012, 09:52 PM

What channel were you watching?

topscribe
01-01-2012, 09:53 PM
My friends have called me crazy for this, but I think that FOXY was scoreboard watching during the game and noticed that Oakland was likely to lose.

So, with a QB who has sucked the previous two games, and with the knowledge that Timmy can't throw a spiral, let alone a completion to save his life, the staff was content to run the ball to death.

This prevents Timmy from looking like the inept QB that he is and the team still makes the playoffs.

While I'm not all that crazy about Fox and Co., I don't think they have any choice with Timmy.

Wow. . . considering all the fun we had in the Plummer days, maybe I ought to
start defending Tebow so we can have some more. But then, today, we might
both get banned. :lol:

Broncos Mtnman
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Wow. . . considering all the fun we had in the Plummer days, maybe I ought to
start defending Tebow so we can have some more. But then, today, we might
both get banned. :lol:

Not me. I NEVER would do anything that could get me banned..... ;)

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I think you have to give the Chiefs Defense credit today.Romeo since taking over has had the D ready.They have played so much better since Haley was fired and like I stated in another thread,Romeo was studying game film like a mad man.The D brought their A game today.

Yeah but when you study the broncos on film and study tendencies and find out we only run 2 routes its not that hard to stop. lol i expected your defense to play well, Didnt expect to pound you all out, But i didnt know wed come out in the biggest game of the season and do the same things we did to lose 2 in a row like running 2 routes, throwing on obvious passing downs. Its really not hard to game plan against McCoy hes so predictable.

topscribe
01-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Not me. I NEVER would do anything that could get me banned..... ;)

That's what I like about you, Mtnman, you live on the edge . . . :nod:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
What channel were you watching?

Dillusional network

Joel
01-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Lol its funny how little guys get emotional and then blow things out of proportion, I love phil simms so i listen and pay attention when hes calling a game.
That was your first mistake, or perhaps your first, second and third. Phil Simms is an idiot and was a mediocre (at best) QB who rode a great D and coaching genius to two SB Rings. He can Fox would get along swimmingly, because they both think the QBs primary job is avoiding mistakes while the rest of the team wins games. If we had the defence, receivers, runners and line the '86 Giants did, Tebow would be as adequate for "winning" a Super Bowl now as Simms was then. We don't, so he's not.

Tebow flat out DID NOT SEE wide open receivers multiple times; on one play it was so bad that I even caught JIM NANTZ expecting a throw to an open man that never came: Because Tebow never saw him. No, our receivers don't do a great job getting open consisently, and our line makes them harder for Tebow to see because he must also watch for all the blitzers coming for his head (a handicap you, I and Jim Nantz do not face.) However, Tebow also doesn't do a great job finding them when they GET open, and that it happens so infrequently makes it all the more important he take advantage of those rare opportunities when they emerge.

We're going to the playoffs because the Chargers played hard, knowing every job in their organization was on the line, and beat the Raiders; we are still a weak team that needs MUCH improvement at virtually every spot on the roster. That latter assessment is pretty much what Champ Bailey said after the game, and when the always upbeat, never accusing, Pro Bowler says the whole team is mediocre, that should tell us the state of the team. Some folks want to say Tebow sucks, others say it's the receivers, still others say the line. Relax, guys: You're ALL right, and if Fox doesn't have all of them playing with a lot less tension, anxiety and second guessing we won't go far next year however much talent we do or do not have.

horsepig
01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
You guys that are saying we had WRs wide open all day long are just ******* plain and simple as a mule's ass full off shit!

Broncos Mtnman
01-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Dillusional network

Better reception than Tebowvision....

KCL
Yeah but when you study the broncos on film and study tendencies and find out we only run 2 routes its not that hard to stop. lol i expected your defense to play well, Didnt expect to pound you all out, But i didnt know wed come out in the biggest game of the season and do the same things we did to lose 2 in a row like running 2 routes, throwing on obvious passing downs. Its really not hard to game plan against McCoy hes so predictable.

No Romeo game planned against Tebow.He made the Chiefs D look like fools at Arrowhead..he learned from that first meeting what he needed to do to stop Tebow.

jhildebrand
Phil Simms on the Tebow face mask: "That's a good non call."

I saw BOTH face masks live and was livid that there wasn't a call! Simms is a joke.

MOtorboat
You guys that are saying we had WRs wide open all day long are just ******* plain as a mule's ass full off shit!

Nope. Not sure what you were watching. We have a shitty quarterback who can't see the field.

Locnar
01-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I love phil simms so i listen and pay attention when hes calling a game.

:laugh:

Even if there were only 3 legitimate times where someone was wide open and he didn't ge the ball to them. It still doesn't make up for the horrendous throws he made that were 1 on 1 coverage. To be an NFL qb you have to be able to put the ball in the best possible position for the receiver to catch EVEN when he is covered. Tebow can't do this.

weazel
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Lmao
Tebow is so horrible you have to be blind to not see his flaws

There were open receivers all day long but Timmy locks on to one receiver and loses his shit when the one guy doesn't get open

The Minnesota game fooled me into thinking this guy could develope into something but he just doesn't have the skills needed to be starting in the nfl
Checking down receivers is not something that he should have to learn in the nfl, it's a waste of the broncos time to keep trying to work on all his flaws

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 10:08 PM
That was your first mistake, or perhaps your first, second and third. Phil Simms is an idiot and was a mediocre (at best) QB who rode a great D and coaching genius to two SB Rings. He can Fox would get along swimmingly, because they both think the QBs primary job is avoiding mistakes while the rest of the team wins games. If we had the defence, receivers, runners and line the '86 Giants did, Tebow would be as adequate for "winning" a Super Bowl now as Simms was then. We don't, so he's not.

Tebow flat out DID NOT SEE wide open receivers multiple times; on one play it was so bad that I even caught JIM NANTZ expecting a throw to an open man that never came: Because Tebow never saw him. No, our receivers don't do a great job getting open consisently, and our line makes them harder for Tebow to see because he must also watch for all the blitzers coming for his head (a handicap you, I and Jim Nantz do not face.) However, Tebow also doesn't do a great job finding them when they GET open, and that it happens so infrequently makes it all the more important he take advantage of those rare opportunities when they emerge.

We're going to the playoffs because the Chargers played hard, knowing every job in their organization was on the line, and beat the Raiders; we are still a weak team that needs MUCH improvement at virtually every spot on the roster. That latter assessment is pretty much what Champ Bailey said after the game, and when the always upbeat, never accusing, Pro Bowler says the whole team is mediocre, that should tell us the state of the team. Some folks want to say Tebow sucks, others say it's the receivers, still others say the line. Relax, guys: You're ALL right, and if Fox doesn't have all of them playing with a lot less tension, anxiety and second guessing we won't go far next year however much talent we do or do not have.

Phil Simms calls a game like he sees it. Not really interested in simms the player. He pointed out tebows **** ups and he pointed out that way more often the WRs are not open. And you wont win with any QB who is dealing with having to hit the open wr 3-4 times a game because thatll be all he gets. You cant ask ANY qb to do that. Tebow needs to get better at reading the defenses and going through his progressions. Something most young qbs have to learn. We will see if he is better at it next year or not. But why is he having to look way down the field to complete a pass? why are we sending 3 wideouts deep down the field? wheres some slants? double crosses? Swing passes? Screens? no qb will have consistant success with our WRs and play calling i stand by that

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
For those who are still stuck in the world of the SEC, a receiver is open when he has a half step and inside position on a crossing route, or has a half step and is over the top of a corner on a go or fade. Those are "open" receivers in the NFL. Those are receivers that need to be thrown to and hit in stride.

horsepig
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Give Romeo some love here. The Chefs took away TT's ability to make significant gains from scrambling and just looking around for holes in the defense, they just weren't there.

Their secondary covered as well as you'll ever see in an NFL game. In such a situation you have to take advantage of what the defense is giving you, does that sound like a hackneyed phrase? Well, it should, because it true in every single game.

The Chefs were crowding the LOS and relying on the corners and safeties to provide effective coverage on a mediocre receiveing crew, it worked very well.

You just can't win in this league running the ball 4 out of 5 plays. Sure, MaGahee gets 7, then 4, then Ball gets 3, then they lose 2. Oh, shit! Now you hace to throw and you have no flow, no "feel" to your passing game. Punt.

Why, why can't they throw over the middle, which was wide open all day long, to a back or TE? Why don't they even try? They hardly ever have a , I guess it must be put in quotes, "safety valve" to dump off to.

Northman
01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
For those who are still stuck in the world of the SEC, a receiver is open when he has a half step and inside position on a crossing route, or has a half step and is over the top of a corner on a go or fade. Those are "open" receivers in the NFL. Those are receivers that need to be thrown to and hit in stride.

Also add in the fact that some of the guys who covered Hernandez in College are now pencil pushers or shoe salesman. 85% of the players Teebs played against arent in the NFL because they were not good enough.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 10:44 PM

outside of 3-4 times when was any of our wrs a step ahead of any db? and we dont even run crossing routes so i ask again, do u pay attention? You watch games but you dont pay attention.

KCL
01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Also add in the fact that some of the guys who covered Hernandez in College are now pencil pushers or shoe salesman. 85% of the players Teebs played against arent in the NFL because they were not good enough.

This kind of goes along with what my son said.Today was the first Chiefs game I have got to watch with him and he said Tebow's style of play works in college but not in the NFL.

Broncos Mtnman
01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
This kind of goes along with what my son said.Today was the first Chiefs game I have got to watch with him and he said Tebow's style of play works in college but not in the NFL.

Your son has more football wisdom than a lot of posters around here.

:salute:

Npba900
01-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Don't worry the Steelers will be licking their chops to get T2 in passing situations and daring Tebow to beat them with ARM!!!

KCL
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Your son has more football wisdom than a lot of posters around here.

:salute:

I need to rephrase that...today was the first Chiefs game I have watched with him this season ...yeah he watched Tebow play some of his college games.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
outside of 3-4 times when was any of our wrs a step ahead of any db? and we dont even run crossing routes so i ask again, do u pay attention? You watch games but you dont pay attention.

Really?

CBS showed numerous crosses where receivers were open.

Maybe you should pay more attention.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Like a freaking broken record. New poster, same story. Tebow sucks.

Watchthemiddle
01-01-2012, 10:56 PM
AFCW Champs despite all of our TEAMS problems.

Carry on...

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Really?

CBS showed numerous crosses where receivers were open.

Maybe you should pay more attention.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Like a freaking broken record. New poster, same story. Tebow sucks.

OMG dude our wideouts do not run crosses. Ever, Slow ass daniel fells does but never the wideouts. You really dont know what your talking about ive watched the game twice today.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
OMG dude our wideouts do not run crosses. Ever, Slow ass daniel fells does but never the wideouts. You really dont know what your talking about ive watched the game twice today.

Do you know what a crossing route is?

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
sitting here watching victor cruz make play after play onballs that eli is just throwing up because he knows cruz is going to make a play for him.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:10 PM
and yeah i know what a crossing route is, we ran ONE crossing route today with bay bay and he was open but tebow got hit as he threw it so it was under thrown. if franklin picks up that blitzer then tebow hits bay bay on the play. and even on the crossing route it was 20 yards down the field. wheres the short ones? if that crossing route was shorter tebow doesnt have to wait aslong to throw it because he clearly recognized the blitz and the play and was ready to hit bay bay right out of his break. it all just took to long and franklin missed the block. but yeah we ran a crossing route one time.

catfish
sitting here watching victor cruz make play after play onballs that eli is just throwing up because he knows cruz is going to make a play for him.

I am one of the biggest Tebow fans out there, but you cant fault the receivers for 6 of 22 or the fumble and the sack that cost them the game, I can write off 50% completion rate as opposed to 55-60 because of receivers, playcalling whatever, but less than 30% is piss poor any way you slice it.

Northman
Thats because Eli can actually hit his receiver in tight coverage. Wish we had a Qb like that.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
and yeah i know what a crossing route is, we ran ONE crossing route today with bay bay and he was open but tebow got hit as he threw it so it was under thrown. if franklin picks up that blitzer then tebow hits bay bay on the play. and even on the crossing route it was 20 yards down the field. wheres the short ones? if that crossing route was shorter tebow doesnt have to wait aslong to throw it because he clearly recognized the blitz and the play and was ready to hit bay bay right out of his break. it all just took to long and franklin missed the block. but yeah we ran a crossing route one time.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

catfish
01-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Thats because Eli can actually hit his receiver in tight coverage. Wish we had a Qb like that.

I only agree with this to an extent, Eli throws as many up and lets his receviers fight for them as he does squeeze them into tight coverage.

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I only agree with this to an extent, Eli throws as many up and lets his receviers fight for them as he does squeeze them into tight coverage.

Yet, how funny no one was bitching when Decker was doing the same things. Short memories i guess.

catfish
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Yet, how funny no one was bitching when Decker was doing the same things. Short memories i guess.

no one ever bitches when someone is doing their job, only when they stop doing it(see controlling winning the game, Tebow: Tim);)

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:26 PM

Your not even watching the game. :confused: eli spins around and just throws the ball up for grabs and victor cruz has to come back for a underthrown ball, goes over the defender and catches the ball, he also has a 70 yard td catch where he got open....OPEN caught the pass for 10 14 yards and took it 70 for the touchdown. playmaker. theres not one good qb in the league that has average WRs. if so show me. Ill wait........

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Your not even watching the game. :confused: eli spins around and just throws the ball up for grabs and victor cruz has to come back for a underthrown ball, goes over the defender and catches the ball, he also has a 70 yard td catch where he got open....OPEN caught the pass for 10 14 yards and took it 70 for the touchdown. playmaker. theres not one good qb in the league that has average WRs. if so show me. Ill wait........

:lol:

Your so full of shit its not even funny. Im watching the game and the highlights just showed Eli picking apart their defense in the MIDDLE of the field. He was throwing the ball in tight coverage and sometimes between 2-3 defenders. Your a complete moron. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
no one ever bitches when someone is doing their job, only when they stop doing it(see controlling winning the game, Tebow: Tim);)

lol :beer: right thats his damn job, to make plays,

KCL
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM

You really want to talk about Eli like that? He has won a SB for crying out loud and had one hell of a come back vs the Cowboys a few weeks ago and the Giants are handing the Cowboys a big loss right now for the division.

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
You really want to talk about Eli like that? He has won a SB for crying out loud and had one hell of a come back vs the Cowboys a few weeks ago and the Giants are handing the Cowboys a big loss right now for the division.

My god, Cruz wasnt even on that SB team. However was Eli able to manage? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:33 PM
:lol:

Your so full of shit its not even funny. Im watching the game and the highlights just showed Eli picking apart their defense in the MIDDLE of the field. He was throwing the ball in tight coverage and sometimes between 2-3 defenders. Your a complete moron. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh the middle of the field? Damn when do we ever run routes up the middle of the field other than go routes. You guys are dillusional you see what you wanna see not what your actually seeing. :shocked:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Talk about Eli like what?:confused: i described a play that actually happend. lol you jumpin and dont know whats going on.

TXBRONC
01-01-2012, 11:35 PM

J they had several play action pass plays.

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Oh the middle of the field? Damn when do we ever run routes up the middle of the field other than go routes. You guys are dillusional you see what you wanna see not what your actually seeing. :shocked:

You keep flip flopping. Are we talking about Eli Manning and the Giants or Tebow and the Broncos? Ive already explained the situation in Denver too you and then you try to use Cruz as your example and i prove you wrong there too. How much more abuse do you want?

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
My god, Cruz wasnt even on that SB team. However was Eli able to manage? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you didnt see the double move plaxico put on the corner to win that game? I guess eli throwing a ball up between two patriots that tyree skies in the air grabbing the ball with his hand and helmet was eli making a play huh? i think its clear how he was able to manage. having play makers making big plays

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:38 PM
you didnt see the double move plaxico put on the corner to win that game? I guess eli throwing a ball up between two patriots that tyree skies in the air grabbing the ball with his hand and helmet was eli making a play huh? i think its clear how he was able to manage. having play makers making big plays

Yea, i saw Plaxico get the Jets too the playoffs today.....err....wait.... :lol:

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:38 PM
J they had several play action pass plays.

Not enough. I counted 5.....

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah okay because plax career will be judged off his time with the jets after getting out of jail. did you see eli season last year without cruz? 20 25 ints? doing the same thing hes doing now throwin it into double triple coverage hoping a WR will make the play. Cruz is making the plays nobody made for him last year. Again show me one QB in the league without any weapons thats playing well? Tebows working with guys whose going to created good seperation and get open 4 times a game. smh. we dont even have check downs half the time either. Our RBs never present themselves lol,

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I decided to stop because of how ridiculously stupid it is that the Broncos don't throw across the middle, and, forgot to start taping until the second quarter...

Broncos Passing Plays

2nd quarter
10:35 - crossing route to Thomas, he cuts back outside for completion.
:45 - Fells running cross route

3rd quarter
12:55 - Decker runs a cross, has a step and Tebow throws it away because he doesn't see him.
12:15 - Fells runs a cross.
11:10 - Thomas runs a cross and one hops it.
8:00 - Royal runs a cross and out move. (terrible no call face mask)
2:20 - Decker is wide open on the cross, Tebow doesn't throw the football.
2:10 - Thomas is open on a hook, across the middle, thrown too low and knocked down.

4th*
11:00 - Royal runs a cross and is open. Sack.

Northman
01-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I decided to stop because of how ridiculously stupid it is that the Broncos don't throw across the middle, and, forgot to start taping until the second quarter...

Broncos Passing Plays

2nd quarter

3rd quarter
12:55 - Decker runs a cross, has a step and Tebow throws it away because he doesn't see him.
2:10 - Thomas is open on a hook, across the middle, thrown too low and knocked down.

4th*

I wonder if Vonsuckem can say OWNED?

KCL
01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Talk about Eli like what?:confused: i described a play that actually happend. lol you jumpin and dont know whats going on.

Oh I know what's going on...you're ragging on Eli trying to make a point which isn't valid.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 11:55 PM

Broncos Passing Plays

2nd quarter

3rd quarter

4th*

Not buying it. and i can guarantee they wont open.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Not buying it. and i can guarantee they wont open.

So, you don't know what you're talking about and you're completely delusional.

Good to know that you are too stupid to even re-watch the game without bias...

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 12:02 AM
crossin routes on 3rd and 20 are give up plays. dont count.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 12:07 AM
crossin routes on 3rd and 20 are give up plays. dont count.

Again. You don't have a clue what you're talking about let alone what you're seeing, if indeed you rewatched the game.

weazel
01-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Tebow is a blasphemer! God gave him the body and skills to be a good bruising running back but he spits in Gods face and demands to be a horrible, horrible quarterback. Thats not very Christian of him, he is smiting God.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Tebow is a blasphemer! God gave him the body and skills to be a good bruising running back but he spits in Gods face and demands to be a horrible, horrible quarterback. Thats not very Christian of him, he is smiting God.

Bill Maher send you? :coffee:

weazel
01-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Bill Maher send you? :coffee:

nope, but you better cancel your hbo just in case, top!

Medford Bronco
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM

and is so freaking sad when there were two 5000 passers and Flynn of the bench in GB throws for 480 and 6 TDs. That is 5 games for Tebow.

Our D is what got us here and some occasocal Tebow plays.

How do you give up 7 pts at home and not win. :confused:

this is 1930s paint dry offense that wont work in todays NFL. You need to throw and run. Balance. Like a SF who is not a great offense but efficient enough to win. We are not the Nebraska Conhuskers playing in the old days.

So sad. I did say to my dad that I wanted to see Quinn. I know some hate him but right now I hate watching our Model T outdated offense.

Pitt could play Batch and beat us.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 02:07 AM
nope, but you better cancel your hbo just in case, top!

I don't have a TV in the house, so I guess you might say I'm already boycotting them. :laugh:

Elevation inc
01-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Lmao
Tebow is so horrible you have to be blind to not see his flaws

There were open receivers all day long but Timmy locks on to one receiver and loses his shit when the one guy doesn't get open

The Minnesota game fooled me into thinking this guy could develope into something but he just doesn't have the skills needed to be starting in the nfl
Checking down receivers is not something that he should have to learn in the nfl, it's a waste of the broncos time to keep trying to work on all his flaws

how is he suppose to checkdown when his TE and RB are in for max protect so he can throw deep to 2 WR's, both of which struggle consistently....tebow has played like dogs ass for 3 weeks now, but his OC, OL and Wr's are right there with him in blame, your blind and stupid if you cant see that......

Traveler
01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Sad to say but I don't think this team can commit 3-4 years to develop Tebow. You could almost see the frustration from our receivers.

Credit the KC defense for playing well. Having said that, Tebow rarely went through his progressions and seemed to panic once his first read wasn't there.

Having the opportunity to control their own destiny, the team as a whole again played another flat, emotionless game at home. We have a 3-5 record at home this year. It'll be 3-6 after Pitt comes in and wins on Sunday.

I won't be surprised this offseason to see EFX make a major move to upgrade the QB position. Hope Tebow proves me wrong, but his woeful passing skills might take longer to develop than the team is willing to invest.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Damn Victor cruz stop getting open dude, Let Eli throw you open.

victor cruz beat double coverage alllll night. Take notes people,. Its better to have talented ass wideouts than a qb thas has to put every pass in a tight ass spot because the WR cant get open. smh. 9 catches for like 160 facing doubel coverage all night. Damn you hakeem nicks why you always open too boy? Why the hell did Cruz light Revis island up? Oh he got open. :tsk:

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 09:50 AM
So, it's better to have top tier wide receivers than a good quarterback...

Someone alert the NFL GMs, the philosophy on how to build a team is changing.

hotcarl
01-02-2012, 10:23 AM
More lik e him shethrow

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Sad to say but I don't think this team can commit 3-4 years to develop Tebow. You could almost see the frustration from our receivers.

Credit the KC defense for playing well. Having said that, Tebow rarely went through his progressions and seemed to panic once his first read wasn't there.

Having the opportunity to control their own destiny, the team as a whole again played another flat, emotionless game at home. We have a 3-5 record at home this year. It'll be 3-6 after Pitt comes in and wins on Sunday.

I won't be surprised this offseason to see EFX make a major move to upgrade the QB position. Hope Tebow proves me wrong, but his woeful passing skills might take longer to develop than the team is willing to invest.

the recievers have no room to be frustrated when were number 2 in drops in the league.......

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
So, it's better to have top tier wide receivers than a good quarterback...

Someone alert the NFL GMs, the philosophy on how to build a team is changing.

the philosophy is to put as many play makers around your QB as possible period.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
the philosophy is to put as many play makers around your QB as possible period.

Because, really, who needs a quarterback?

:whoknows:

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Its a fact that all the good quarterbacks playing right now have elite weapons around him. Ill wait for you to name one that doesnt.....

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
How do you give up 7 pts at home and not win. :confused:

Let me play the role of your doctor for just a second. If think to hard or to much about how do you give up just seven points and lose it can cause a brain aneurysm.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I mean what is it rocket science that the best qbs in the game have great play makers around them? Clearly if your going to be a good QB you need play makers.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Its a fact that all the good quarterbacks playing right now have elite weapons around him. Ill wait for you to name one that doesnt.....

I know this is futile,because you're doing everything you can to prove Tebow is good, and it's everyone else's fault...

Quarterbacks make wide receivers, not the other way around, and to think otherwise, is just wrong. You can have whatever your opinion is, and I respect that, but you're wrong. NFL GMs will tell you you're wrong, wide receivers will tell you you are wrong, the money tells you that you're wrong.

Do you think we'd have any clue who Jordy Nelson was without Aaron Rodgers. Notice how Jerricho Cotchery sucks now that Drew Bree's isn't throwing him the football? Do you think the world would even know who Legadue Nenee is, if Philip Rivers wasn't throwing him the football, and notice how he disappeared this year when Rivers had a bad year?

There are very few exceptions...Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter...but they're very few and far between.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:19 AM
tebow is not good. when did i ever say that? Tebow has a shit load of work to do this off season, And i clearly said bring in matt flynn to compete for the job against tebow! so what the hell are you talking about? tebow aint good yet but i know this shitty display of non play makers on offense dont help at all. and its a fact that every good QB has respected play makers around them. period.

EastCoastBronco
01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
No excuses here but did anyone see what this same KC defence did to the Packers a couple of weeks ago? The 15-1 Packers who averaged 38 points a game this season?
I realize that our offensive gameplan (and Tebow) sucked ass but lets give some credit where it's due.

We were 4-12 at this point last year.
One year later we've got a ticket to the dance.

I too am frustrated with our offensive play but lets not lose sight of the progress we've made in a short period of time.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm starting to like the idea of bringing in Flynn or trading for Manning if he's healthy.

The latter is probably very far fetched but anything is possible.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I know this is futile,because you're doing everything you can to prove Tebow is good, and it's everyone else's fault...

Quarterbacks make wide receivers, not the other way around, and to think otherwise, is just wrong. You can have whatever your opinion is, and I respect that, but you're wrong. NFL GMs will tell you you're wrong, wide receivers will tell you you are wrong, the money tells you that you're wrong.

Do you think we'd have any clue who Jordy Nelson was without Aaron Rodgers. Notice how Jerricho Cotchery sucks now that Drew Bree's isn't throwing him the football? Do you think the world would even know who Legadue Nenee is, if Philip Rivers wasn't throwing him the football, and notice how he disappeared this year when Rivers had a bad year?

There are very few exceptions...Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter...but they're very few and far between.

cotchery? OMG dude cotchery was never and good play maker. Nanee? what has he done even with rivers? he is not good hes not even a key part of there offense. everytime i see nelson hes getting open by atleast 2 steps of seperation. or going up and snatching balls out of the air. what are you rally saying here

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm starting to like the idea of bringing in Flynn or trading for Manning if he's healthy.

The latter is probably very far fetched but anything is possible.

Manning for a 5th? im not going anything higher with that neck injury. One bad blow and hes probably done for the rest of his 4 years he has left. matt flynn is a free agent, we need to just sign him without giving up picks because we need every last pick we have to add more talent on defense and play makers on offense.

Softskull
01-02-2012, 11:29 AM

I’d say that Cutler has a lesser talented offense around him than Tebow. You could argue that Cam had a lesser overall offense that Tebow. In fact, two of the three teams that just beat us probably had lesser offenses than us. The fact that our own passing stats decreased with the implementation of Tebow over Orton is the more comparable stat.

The fact is this team had numerous holes this past offseason. WR was considered one of our strengths. Our offense will improve with time and talent infusion. But the QB positions must be evaluated for an upgrade as well.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh okay we have shockeys and a steve smith on this team....Blah

Jay Cutler had Mister all world all purpose forte, He has a legit deep threat in knox, he has his sure underneath guy in Bennett and cutler wasnt putting up whopping numbers. he himself needs some more play making wideouts or tightends to take that offense to the next level.

Northman
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
No excuses here but did anyone see what this same KC defence did to the Packers a couple of weeks ago? The 15-1 Packers who averaged 38 points a game this season?
I realize that our offensive gameplan (and Tebow) sucked ass but lets give some credit where it's due.

We were 4-12 at this point last year.
One year later we've got a ticket to the dance.

I too am frustrated with our offensive play but lets not lose sight of the progress we've made in a short period of time.

Oh god, please. The Packers had already wrapped up a playoff spot and the division by then. Sure, they took the Chiefs lightly but 9 times out of 10 they beat the piss out of them.

turftoad
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh okay we have shockeys and a steve smith on this team....Blah

Jay Cutler had Mister all world all purpose forte, He has a legit deep threat in knox, he has his sure underneath guy in Bennett and cutler wasnt putting up whopping numbers. he himself needs some more play making wideouts or tightends to take that offense to the next level.

We have better WR weapons than the Bears do. They just have someone that can throw the ball.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
well guess what there is no 9 times outta 10. You only gotta beat em once if you play em once.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
We have better WR weapons than the Bears do. They just have someone that can throw the ball.

since were number 2 in drops. are the bears number one? no so i think not.

Northman
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
well guess what there is no 9 times outta 10. You only gotta beat em once if you play em once.

Yea, in a meaningless game. :lol:

turftoad
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
since were number 2 in drops. are the bears number one? no so i think not.

They are not even close to accurate throws, even the ones they do catch are not on target.

Sheesh, have been watching the games??

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
They are not even close to accurate throws, even the ones they do catch are not on target.

Sheesh, have been watching the games??

Ehhh if it hits you in the hands you should catch the ball. All ive seen was balls hitting hands and hitting the ground. Just like Willis at the end of the game.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Ehhh if it hits you in the hands you should catch the ball. All ive seen was balls hitting hands and hitting the ground. Just like Willis at the end of the game.

I may be wrong, but I only remember one drop yesterday and that was Willis. That would make 15 other incompletions that weren't drops.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I may be wrong, but I only remember one drop yesterday and that was Willis. That would make 15 other incompletions that weren't drops.

You swore Willis was playing DB on that play:lol:

getlynched47
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM
6 turnovers in the last 2 games, committed by Tim Tebow, are not his fault?

This putrid offense cannot be blamed on one person solely. Spread the blame. Wide receivers to pass blocking to offensive playcalling to Tim Tebow. ALL are responsible for this bad offense. By no means is Tim Tebow off the hook.

VonSackemMiller
01-02-2012, 11:52 AM

Nah games prior....Tebow didnt have a good game yesterday and niether did the WRs at doing there jobs which is getting open.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM

If there is defender right there with his hand in the middle of it all then that's ridiculous to say you should catch the ball. That happened several times yesterday.

pnbronco
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
You swore Willis was playing DB on that play:lol:

Actually I think he was. Where I was sitting the ball was going straight for the KCs DB and Willis jumped in front of it to knock it away.

There were a bunch of times the WRs and TE were open. It was really bad in person.

EastCoastBronco
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Yea, in a meaningless game. :lol:

Yeah. And that game yesterday where they hung 45 on Detroit with a backup QB was meaningless as well.

Northman
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Actually I think he was. Where I was sitting the ball was going straight for the KCs DB and Willis jumped in front of it to knock it away.

There were a bunch of times the WRs and TE were open. It was really bad in person.

Yea, but you dont count PN even though you were at the game. Just ask VonSuckem. :lol:

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM

That said I hope all Denver fans that are able to then game next week go. I don't want to see Mile High full of Steeler fans.

Northman
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah. And that game yesterday where they hung 45 on Detroit with a backup QB was meaningless as well.

It was, otherwise Rodgers would of played. The fact that Flynn played out of his mind doesnt mean they cared about winning it. They had already wrapped up homefield the week before. Man, there are some stupid people on this board.

EastCoastBronco
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
It was, otherwise Rodgers would of played. The fact that Flynn played out of his mind doesnt mean they cared about winning it. They had already wrapped up homefield the week before. Man, there are some stupid people on this board.

All I was trying to say was that at 15-1 and averaging almost 40 points a game, they, along with teams like NE, are not known for dialing it in...
And yes, I concur with you that there are some stupid, and rude, people on this board...;-)

nflfan
01-02-2012, 12:22 PM
The gameplan of Fox was the same one that got the Broncos on a winning streak ... run the ball a lot, use the options, go play action for surprise deep passes, get Tebow rolling out where he can either run or pitch or pass, and limit Tebow's passing attempts. This gave the team, and Tebow, the best chance for success. This wasn't a regular game where Tebow could work on the passes he hasn't mastered yet.

The way to beat this was to contain Tebow when he tries to roll-out/run, take the sidelines away and take the deep pass over the DBs away. Everything was about discipline and containment; to this effort, the Chiefs LBs were pretty good at containing Tebow's roll-outs, the CBs were good at taking away the sidelines, and the safeties made sure Tebow had no chance at a home run.

Basically, what the Chiefs did was invite Tebow to throw to areas he's not comfortable throwing, and it made him think twice or throw late. It was just a well played defense that wasn't fooled very often.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 12:22 PM

I remember looking up right at the moment the ball going towards him and him swatting it down, then looking at the game thread and people were like WTF! So I'll trust your eyes being there live.

How was the mood throughout the game, pn? Were people shocked/frustrated at what was happening on the field or more interested in the Raiders outcome and being pacified with that?

spikerman
01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm not nearly as concerned about all of the incompletions as I am with Tebow's apparent fear to throw the ball. QB's who won't throw don't usually last too long in the NFL.

catfish
01-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not nearly as concerned about all of the incompletions as I am with Tebow's apparent fear to throw the ball. QB's who won't throw don't usually last too long in the NFL.

you are absolutely right, the Bills game seems to be in his head. He either shakes it off next game or will have very real problem in the offseason. Either way there definately needs to be a competition for QB

pnbronco
01-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I remember looking up right at the moment the ball going towards him and him swatting it down, then looking at the game thread and people were like WTF! So I'll trust your eyes being there live.

How was the mood throughout the game, pn? Were people shocked/frustrated at what was happening on the field or more interested in the Raiders outcome and being pacified with that?

From the beginning you could tell people were tense. That this was not a gimmie game. There was a lot of frustration all the way around. Even the die hard Tebow fans could not ignore how bad he was playing, but they tried. They did not post the scores for the Raiders game inside the stadium.

I heard the score walking out and it was mixed. Like oh well at least we're in, but a lot more of wow if we can't even beat these guys WTH. Actually the ones that were happy that we were in the playoffs more younger people, like kids.

What ever excitement and hope was felt after the Bears game this was as opposite as it could get. There was no feeling of hope anywhere after yesterday. The players all looked like they had been punched in the gut walking out. I just felt so bad for Champ, he looked so down.

It was really tough and I still feel pretty down...oh well, at least we can get the revenue for the playoff game. That could generate cash flow to help fix more of whats wrong with the team. Even if it comes from Steelers fans, sorry but that's just the way I have to look at it.........:D

weazel
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
how is he suppose to checkdown when his TE and RB are in for max protect so he can throw deep to 2 WR's, both of which struggle consistently....tebow has played like dogs ass for 3 weeks now, but his OC, OL and Wr's are right there with him in blame, your blind and stupid if you cant see that......

did you watch yesterdays game at all?? Tebow had plenty of time most of the game, he just didnt see the open receivers. He sucks, I dont know what kind of game you guys are playing.

Northman
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
From the beginning you could tell people were tense. That this was not a gimmie game. There was a lot of frustration all the way around. Even the die hard Tebow fans could not ignore how bad he was playing, but they tried. They did not post the scores for the Raiders game inside the stadium.

I heard the score walking out and it was mixed. Like oh well at least we're in, but a lot more of wow if we can't even beat these guys WTH. Actually the ones that were happy that we were in the playoffs more younger people, like kids.

What ever excitement and hope was felt after the Bears game this was as opposite as it could get. There was no feeling of hope anywhere after yesterday. The players all looked like they had been punched in the gut walking out. I just felt so bad for Champ, he looked so down.

It was really tough and I still feel pretty down...oh well, at least we can get the revenue for the playoff game. That could generate cash flow to help fix more of whats wrong with the team. Even if it comes from Steelers fans, sorry but that's just the way I have to look at it.........:D

Very well said PN.

pnbronco
01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Very well said PN.

Thanks North....

catfish
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks North....

north complimenting you is basically an insult in my book :D

turftoad
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Not to mention the coaching staffs fear to have him throw the ball.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Not to mention the coaching staffs fear to have him throw the ball.

Well, they must be afraid for a reason . . .

Northman
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
north complimenting you is basically an insult in my book :D

Why is that? :confused:

catfish
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Why is that? :confused:

just because it is you...I don't need another reason ;)

Elevation inc
01-02-2012, 02:37 PM
did you watch yesterdays game at all?? Tebow had plenty of time most of the game, he just didnt see the open receivers. He sucks, I dont know what kind of game you guys are playing.

perhaps reading what I posted would be beneficial, the point was he cant checkdown if his first 3 reads are down the field 15 yds cause its 3rd and 4 and mccoy decided to go with 2 double moves deep intstead of a simple Rb checkdown, and his rb and TE are staying home to max protect for these deep passes cause our entire OL sucks at pass blocking.....the OC sucks, tebow played like crap, his WR's arent open even half as much as as the fans think or believe...for every 1 play they are wide open in the fans eyes there are 3 or 4 consectuive plays following where they get owned at the line or simply give up on a play(ROYAL!!!!). I spent the last 3 weeks watching tebow regress and placing my self on the fence as a result. But you be damned to hear me say the OC, Wr's, TE's and OL aint problems either because they are plain and simple.....Its not fiction its fact.....I also firmly belive that fox is not not on the tebow bandwagon and has pretty much told tebow to do as little as possible as to avoid turnovers so the game stays close. Im pretty sure we will be looking for a QB in rd 2 in the draft and a fairly middle line vet like David Garrard. I also belive contrary to popular belief that if we have the cash we will make big plays to chris meyers from the texans and Matt flynn from GB.....

I find it hilarious that people think tebow is the main problem with the offense....cause quite frankly Tebow, the Wr's, shitty OL and wack ass playcaller all about make for 100% of the blame on offense.....

See i tend to see the big picture and thats tebow played like crap for 3 weeks now, but i also dont live in a fantasy where the WR's, OL, Te's and OC are doing no wrong either. The whole offense sucks and needs a shake-up period

Superchop 7
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
The WR were fairly well covered.....but there was also stupidity.....for instance.....on one play...DT is man on man...with bump and run......one move and he is gone on a 9 route.....easy TD.......it should be automatic to run a 9 in that situation......what do they do ? A back shoulder fade.....thus allowing the baten db time to recover......normally I get what they are doing.....yesterday? I dont know what game the upstairs was watching.

weazel
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
The WR were fairly well covered.....but there was also stupidity.....for instance.....on one play...DT is man on man...with bump and run......one move and he is gone on a 9 route.....easy TD.......it should be automatic to run a 9 in that situation......what do they do ? A back shoulder fade.....thus allowing the baten db time to recover......normally I get what they are doing.....yesterday? I dont know what game the upstairs was watching.

broncs
01-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Tebow started 3 in 010 and 12 in 011,so i call that 1 time around the block. how many times did Elway go around the block before getting it all dialed in ? Steps back and backing into the playoffs for Broncs/Tebow since 1st quarter of pats game. Phil Simms has done the last 3 Broncos as tv colorcom.man and hes been the most objective of theTebow lovers and haters .Negatives: basicially Tebows poor reads and hesitation to throw middle in semi-close coverage(he doubts his arm ? doubt willkill ya). The SNL Tebow skit suggested, J.C. to tim : Hey Tim leave a little room for the holy ghost. Tim Tebow is a good man, if he isnt successful in football he will have a good life helping others

weazel
01-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Tebow started 3 in 010 and 12 in 011,so i call that 1 time around the block. how many times did Elway go around the block before getting it all dialed in ? Steps back and backing into the playoffs for Broncs/Tebow since 1st quarter of pats game. Phil Simms has done the last 3 Broncos as tv colorcom.man and hes been the most objective of theTebow lovers and haters .Negatives: basicially Tebows poor reads and hesitation to throw middle in semi-close coverage(he doubts his arm ? doubt willkill ya). The SNL Tebow skit suggested, J.C. to tim : Hey Tim leave a little room for the holy ghost. Tim Tebow is a good man, if he isnt successful in football he will have a good life helping others

I am sure there is a well thought out post in there somewhere, I just can't see it.

Nick
01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
The sad truth is he even saw some of the receivers open but hesitated and did not throw. Maybe his head was facing them but eyes weren't? Not sure but the sad truth to all this... This game might be just to fast for Tebow.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 03:58 PM
The sad truth is he even saw some of the receivers open but hesitated and did not throw. Maybe his head was facing them but eyes weren't? Not sure but the sad truth to all this... This game might be just to fast for Tebow.

Actually, I kind of hope this is what it is, because the game will slow down for him with experience.

Mike
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM

I agree and the lack of anticipation is also an issue. That, along with the second-guessing every decision, is the real problem IMO. He's young and could be coached up, but I don't have confidence in our staff to do that.

Have the coaches seen enough to feel that they can coach Tebow through it though? I doubt it. And to be honest I am leaning more in the other direction now myself.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh god, please. The Packers had already wrapped up a playoff spot and the division by then. Sure, they took the Chiefs lightly but 9 times out of 10 they beat the piss out of them.

Wrapped up a bye week even. Like they cared about an interconference game vs a bad team...Good point North:beer:

Medford Bronco
01-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I agree and the lack of anticipation is also an issue. That, along with the second-guessing every decision, is the real problem IMO. He's young and could be coached up, but I don't have confidence in our staff to do that.

Have the coaches seen enough to feel that they can coach Tebow through it though? I doubt it. And to be honest I am leaning more in the other direction now myself.

It is bad when you cant even throw a simple in cut. I love his attitude but he is not an NFL starter right now period.

The frustration of that game was awful. How many times did Denver give up 7 pts and lose a game at home. Probably never or once before.

I have such a bad feeling about this week. What does it really prove. We lucked out and made the playoffs and most likely will get spanked:confused: I hope that I am wrong but right now I think we get killed vs Pitt like we did in Jan 06 when we were a million Xs better than this incarnation of the Broncos.

If we were going to play so close to the vest then we have a better chance with Quinn right now. Sorry for that but in 30 plus years of watching football, this has been some of the ugliest offensive games of all time. Our D deserves the lions share of why this team is playoff bound and McGahee had a great year. Tebow made a few plays but to me his course has run out. Like I said, I am no expert but what my eyes tell me is not good.

Nick
01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
It is bad when you cant even throw a simple in cut. I love his attitude but he is not an NFL starter right now period.

The frustration of that game was awful. How many times did Denver give up 7 pts and lose a game at home. Probably never or once before.

I have such a bad feeling about this week. What does it really prove. We lucked out and made the playoffs and most likely will get spanked:confused: I hope that I am wrong but right now I think we get killed vs Pitt like we did in Jan 06 when we were a million Xs better than this incarnation of the Broncos.

If we were going to play so close to the vest then we have a better chance with Quinn right now. Sorry for that but in 30 plus years of watching football, this has been some of the ugliest offensive games of all time. Our D deserves the lions share of why this team is playoff bound and McGahee had a great year. Tebow made a few plays but to me his course has run out. Like I said, I am no expert but what my eyes tell me is not good.

I rather have Weber in then Quinn.

Edit: Decker did not have to much troubles making him look like a possession receiver with him throwing the ball.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2012, 07:20 PM

I agree to a point but the Packers are so much fun to watch, so they had one bad game out of 16. I would take that. They remind me of the 1998 Broncos, started out great, hit a skid, people doubted them (some anyways) and then won a second straight Super Bowl. I think this is what happens.

Just my take. KC does have a good D but our offense sucked yesterday so much as well. Not just Tebow, but he was bad though...

Also Fox, go for a FG at the end of the half as well, grow some will you.

Joel
01-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Actually, I kind of hope this is what it is, because the game will slow down for him with experience.
I believe that's exactly it, and it's the biggest reason I'm optimistic about the future, because it's the one thing that can't be learned anywhere or any time except game day on the field.

I saw you mention elsewhere that Tebow's release looks faster and crisper in warmups than in games, just the opposite of what we'd expect, and my thought at the time was, Well, interceptions and sacks during warmups are VERY rare. ;) Tebow can practice with the first team to learn the offense and the receivers routes, but when Clady misses a block and Doom's bearing down on Tebow, HE pulls up; Julius Peppers doesn't.

That's the nice thing about getting him on the field now, and an off seasons worth of practice without the constant looming specter of the next game and the distraction of watching this weeks tape of our last game AND THEIRS will do wonders for Tebow. Elway's as much as said he hasn't tried to impart all the big lessons he will in the off season, because we don't have the luxury of time for that during our unexpected playoff race. Tebow lacks field vision and anticipation, takes too long to get through progressions (though he DOES do it,) but those things can be taught and will develop with experience. Right now he's getting his baptism of fire a year late, and if it doesn't always look pretty, he's doing a lot better than Christian Ponder without the benefit of Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe, Harvin or even a Bernard Berrian.

There is certainly more than that to being a great passer; as they say, "you can't coach speed," but Tebow has the arm strength, smarts, work ethic and, believe it or not, the accuracy. He's not "seeing the whole field" or making the best decisions fast enough; that's the life of a young QB. He's no worse than any, better than most and doesn't have the obvious physical or mental deficiencies so many of them lack. Whether he'll make the necessary speed adjustments in the off season, and recover some of the confidence he's clearly lost the last few weeks, remains to be seen, but there's every reason to expect it and no reason to cancel Project: Tebow just because he had a couple bad games right before the playoff game we wouldn't be in without his far more numerous good performances.

Meanwhile, whether he improves or doesn't is irrelevant so long as we can't consistently pass block, get receivers open and make catches, or while our coaches insist on running 70% of the time.

spikerman
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I believe that's exactly it, and it's the biggest reason I'm optimistic about the future, because it's the one thing that can't be learned anywhere or any time except game day on the field.

I saw you mention elsewhere that Tebow's release looks faster and crisper in warmups than in games, just the opposite of what we'd expect, and my thought at the time was, Well, interceptions and sacks during warmups are VERY rare. ;) Tebow can practice with the first team to learn the offense and the receivers routes, but when Clady misses a block and Doom's bearing down on Tebow, HE pulls up; Julius Peppers doesn't.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was talking about when I said I was surprised was the speed only. I would think that adrenaline and the potential for getting hit would speed up the arm and not slow it down. Maybe he just gets more deliberate under "live fire" for fear of making a mistake.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 10:06 PM

Tebow's future in the NFL is at Tight End.....plain and simple.:coffee:

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Mike it's was this staff helped Tebow to be productive through the six game win streak.

The things you're talking about fixing take place in the offseason. Fixing Tebow's footwork isn't/wasn't going on the fly during the regular season.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Mike it's was this staff helped Tebow to be productive through the six game win streak.

The things you're talking about fixing take place in the offseason. Fixing Tebow's footwork isn't/wasn't going on the fly during the regular season.

He's only been working on it for five years now. He just needs a little more time.

bcbronc
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I am sure there is a well thought out post in there somewhere, I just can't see it.

needs more ellipses. :cool:

Two plays vs KC really highlight my concern with his play. One was in the two minute offense at the end of a game: just an out to DThomas, complete for 7 or 8 yards against tight coverage. The only notable thing with this play is Tebow THREW THE ******* BALL even with a red shirt in the vicinity. The clock left him no choice.

The contrasting play, can't remember when it occurred but it was DT doing a fly down the left sideline vs 1 on 1 coverage. The throw was low, about 3 yards inside and a few yards deep and gave Thomas absolutely zero chance of making a play on the ball. Simms made a comment at the time that DT should have made more effort, but it looked to me like DT was setting his feet expecting a back-shoulder throw or a jump ball. I know DT has had some drops, but he's 6'3" up against a 6'0" corner. You succeed on less than 5% of the chances you don't take.

That's something vonsackem ignores when he talks about Cruz making Eli look good...Eli puts the ball in a spot and lets his WR make a play. 9 of 10 tiimes Tebow doesn't hit Cruz in stride like Manning did, letting him bust a 3rd and 1 into a long TD. Heck, these days he doesn't even try the throw and takes a sack more often than not.

Of course not all the offenses woes go to Tebow. But he is the QB; he gets more credit when we win, he gets more blame when we lose. Fair or not, plenty of those giving Tebow all the praise for the win streak are now looking to give him the smallest share of the blame. A QBs job is to make his OL and WR better than they are. imo these days Tebow makes both units look worse than they actually are.

This is probably the first time in his athletic life he's ever had his confidence shaken. It's great to stay upbeat when you're physically a man playing against boys. Playoffs are a new season, a fresh start. How Tebow plays will tell us a lot about just how tough his mental makeup really is.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
He's only been working on it for five years now. He just needs a little more time.

I know you've said that before but I have hard time believing that has actually taken place.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I know you've said that before but I have hard time believing that has actually taken place.

It was pretty obvious he'd be a pro prospect after the first BCS Championship.

None of his mechanics have improved since.

BeefStew25
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM

Screw his mechanics. Plenty of dudes have excelled with shady mechanics.

His human intel processor is the issue.

TXBRONC
01-02-2012, 11:34 PM

Ok but that's doesn't mean worked on it.

Joel
01-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Ok but that's doesn't mean worked on it.
There's been a fair amount of talk since he hit the pros about how he worked on it. In college. With his college coach. The one who's never played or coached a down in the NFL. Plus he has all the helpful things he learned from McDumbass last year, so there's that, too.

Yet I still think there might be a slight possibility Elway and even Fox could know a FEW things to teach Tebow that have never even occurred to Meyer or McDumbass. ;)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was talking about when I said I was surprised was the speed only. I would think that adrenaline and the potential for getting hit would speed up the arm and not slow it down. Maybe he just gets more deliberate under "live fire" for fear of making a mistake.
I think he slows down because he's contemplating a lot of serious and urgent variables that exist nowhere except on the field on game day. They're there in college and HS, too, but the NFL "goes to 11."