PDA

View Full Version : Orton vs Tebow

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Let's revisit this. It will be a fun debate, assuming Chargers do us a solid.

Who's better?

Kyle Orton's mobility is about similar to Tim Tebow's passing game. Both are incompetent.

Orton was garbage with Denver, and Tebow resurrects the team to a .500 record. Orton beats Tebow in Denver, exactly 7 weeks after Tebow destroys KC.

I might have to say Orton actually is better than Tebow, unfortunately.

claymore
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
They both came in and won until their OC/offense was exposed. I want neither at QB, and would like a new OC.

NameUsedBefore
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
We wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs if Orton was still the starting QB.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
They both came in and won until their OC/offense was exposed. I want neither at QB, and would like a new OC.

Totally agree. I was completely thankful when Orton was no longer a Bronco. now I'm stuck with Tebow.

chazoe60
The problem with Orton is that he is almost incapable of winning a tight game at the end when it's up to him to make a play.

Tebow can put the team on his shoulders at times, something Orton could never do, but Orton can at least throw the ball like an average QB.

Right now I'm thinking they both suck and I'm not sure I want either of them to QB this team.

I used to be a big Tebow backer but the last three weeks tell me we need at least another option if not just another direction altogether.

camdisco24
If you asked me right now who I would rather have going into next season... I'd say neither.

Ask me again tomorrow and I might be a little more tempted to say Tebow because of his upside.

Orton is way more accurate, but he just doesn't finish games. Tebow is just missing so much of what it takes to be elite, or even solid in the NFL. I have no confidence in him right now.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
We wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs if Orton was still the starting QB.

Very good point. But I think Orton leading the same KC team that was throttled by Tebow earlier to a victory is very confusing.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Orton is by far the better passer, while Tebow is by far the better athlete.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Orton was shit! Without the McCluster burning speed TD, Orton didn't do shit.

He is great between the 20's. Nothing we didn't know.

Tebow is a kid who has yet to play a full 16 games. He just may be too raw. Hard to tell with the handcuffs McCoy and Fox had on him. I thought we would evaluate the kid.

NameUsedBefore
01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Very good point. But I think Orton leading the same KC team that was throttled by Tebow earlier to a victory is very confusing.

Probably because you've barely reached sentience in this game of life.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

He is great between the 20's. Nothing we didn't know.

Tebow is a kid who has yet to play a full 16 games. He just may be too raw. Hard to tell with the handcuffs McCoy and Fox had on him. I thought we would evaluate the kid.

Orton is shit, and so is Tebow.

He is also regressing. What is a step down from shit?

chazoe60
Orton is arguable the lamest and most lethargic "leader" I've ever seen also.

I'd be happy to never hear the name Kyle Orton ever again in my life to be honest.

Today was just one more day where Kyle Orton did very little en route to another Broncos loss. He's done that a ton the last three seasons.

BroncoStud
[/QUOTE]

Very good point. But I think Orton leading the same KC team that was throttled by Tebow earlier to a victory is very confusing.[/QUOTE]

Orton was terrible today. He didn't lead KC to anything.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Probably because you've barely reached sentience in this game of life.

This isn't life genius. This is called virtual cyberspace.

NameUsedBefore
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
This isn't life genius. This is called virtual cyberspace.

Hey, I'm just trying to slip in some insults while the mods scramble.

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Orton is shit, and so is Tebow.

He is also regressing. What is a step down from shit?

The hard white shits that Will Ferrell had to eat in Step Brothers :lol:

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to slip in some insults while the mods scramble.

Real life vs cyberspace.

I will let you figure that one out.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't think Tim is regressing. I think that our defense and special teams are no longer getting the lucky breaks they were before. We got a lucky break in this game that allowed us to get 3 points. Prior, it was punts/kicks for TDs, fumbles for TDs, fumbles in OT, 59 yrd FGs, or opposing RBs running out of bounds and giving us time.

Now that we dont have the luck on our side, the weaknesses are showing. Just as they did after we won the 6 games with Orton. Once the defnse allowed points against Kyle, he couldn't win.

Northman
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM

I dont think so, to me the biggest difference was Romeo.

nflfan
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I thought Orton played well before the injury to Bowe. That one TD drive was well orchestrated.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I thought Orton played well before the injury to Bowe. That one TD drive was well orchestrated.

I think that just demonstrated his tendency to lock on to his first target ala Brandon Lloyd. You know what we missed from Kyle today though? The game sealing turnover! Somehow it manifested itself with our QB instead.

OrangeHoof
01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Orton vs Tebow was a draw. Neither did very well.

rcsodak
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Orton was terrible today. He didn't lead KC to anything.
"Throttled"? Lol

He lost his #1 wr target, and was eating up champ, with no TO's.

I think some den fans wouldve taken such a "terrible day".

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

chazoe60
01-01-2012, 08:43 PM
"Throttled"? Lol

He scored 7 points. Get your mouth away from Orton's jock for one minute.

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Different coaching maybe..I don't know.But you know Romeo was studying game film like a madman.

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Orton may not have done shit but...................

he didn't fumble the ball or throw a pick today :whoknows:

topscribe
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
"Throttled"? Lol

Orton did okay. Not great, but okay. I think Denver's defense deserves some credit there.

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Let's revisit this. It will be a fun debate, assuming Chargers do us a solid.

Who's better?

Kyle Orton's mobility is about similar to Tim Tebow's passing game. Both are incompetent.

Orton was garbage with Denver, and Tebow resurrects the team to a .500 record. Orton beats Tebow in Denver, exactly 7 weeks after Tebow destroys KC.

I might have to say Orton actually is better than Tebow, unfortunately.

I have an alternate situation....Denver got blown out by Green Bay with Orton as QB, KC beat Green Bay with Orton as QB...what does that tell you about overall team talent level? I'm not disagreeing with you per se, I am holding out to see if there is improvement in the offseason

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I dont think so, to me the biggest difference was Romeo.

You beat me to it North!

topscribe
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM

People just believe what they want, I guess . . .

jhildebrand
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM

he didn't fumble the ball or throw a pick

today :whoknows:

Week 1 against Oakland he laid it on the turf without contact or pressure.

Against the Titans he threw a pick right at the defender.

I could keep going but I think we all understand that "today" is the keyword in your quote!

catfish
01-01-2012, 09:16 PM

I could keep going but I think we all understand that "today" is the keyword in your quote!

I will be the first to say the D played light out today....however the lack of forced turnovers is starting to concern me.

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Of course it is..we are discussing today's game correct? and he wasn't playing for the Chiefs then so I could care less what he did in those games and you were the one who said he didn't do shit.I was just pointing out that he took care of the ball today.

topscribe
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Of course it is..we are discussing today's game correct? and he wasn't playing for the Chiefs then so I could care less what he did in those games and you were the one who said he didn't do shit.I was just pointing out that he took care of the ball today.

Yup. No turnovers. No fumbles, no interceptions. Three games with the Chiefs,
two (2) interceptions.

Don't let them rain on your parade. I'll just follow Northern Light's example: He
simply congratulated us and let it go at that. So, congratulations on your win. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

Northman
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Yep.

In the last 3 games Teebs has become a turnover machine. The fumble hurt a lot when we were driving earlier in the game.

CrazyHorse
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM

How uncharacteristic of him.:confused:

KCL
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
How uncharacteristic of him.:confused:

Don't get all testy...:lol:

KCL
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Yep.

In the last 3 games Teebs has become a turnover machine. The fumble hurt a lot when we were driving earlier in the game.

Yeah I know it did as when Arenas dropped the ball on the punt or the KO..whatever it was.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm just glad we don't have to see Orton in a Broncos uni anymore...

Guys can debate Tebow all day for all I care, I'm glad we don't have to debate who to start and why...

I'm sure this week will rapidly dissolve into a Tebow vs Quinn vs the Steelers debate... :whoknows:

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Well seeing how Top felt it appropriate to chime in on your posts, after a long absence/lurking period when Tebow was winning, I felt the need to highlight the lunacy of all of this!

I don't recall Top saying much when Orton had an owie on his finger for the 2nd time in as many years.

KCL
01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Well seeing how Top felt it appropriate to chime in on your posts, after a long absence/lurking period when Tebow was winning, I felt the need to highlight the lunacy of all of this!

I don't recall Top saying much when Orton had an owie on his finger for the 2nd time in as many years.

The lunacy of all this....:lol: I'm just stating facts about the game today.

If you have an issue with top that isn't any of my concern.

BTW-North chimed in on that post as well.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 12:15 AM
The lunacy of all this....:lol: I'm just stating facts about the game today.

If you have an issue with top that isn't any of my concern.

Its pure lunacy to say Orton basically did nothing today aside from not making a mistake but lets toot his horn anyway :lol: He was carried by his team as he always has been.

KCL
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Its pure lunacy to say Orton basically did nothing today aside from not making a mistake but lets toot his horn anyway :lol: He was carried by his team as he always has been.

oh you missed the part I added..North also chimed in on that same post and agreed with it.

sneakers
01-02-2012, 12:23 AM
If they are playing on a field with infinite yards between endzones, I want Kyle Orton.

KCL
01-02-2012, 12:32 AM
If they are playing on a field with infinite yards between endzones, I want Kyle Orton.

Well KC's season is over..........:lol:

BroncoStud
01-02-2012, 12:37 AM
It's great that a divisional rival may give Orton a contract. Today he showed what he really is... Crap. Today was vintage Orton. He will end up causing the same issues in KC that he did in Denver and Chicago, he just isn't a good QB, and he's had plenty of time to become good.

So glad he's gone.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 12:38 AM

I "chimed in" on KCL's behalf, not Orton's. Don't make it what it is not.

Why can't you stick to the subject instead of your remarks about me? I didn't
say anything about you - or anyone else on the board - did I? I stuck to the
subject. I suggest you do likewise and let the punks on the board attack other
people. There are enough of them already.

Watchthemiddle
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
As I stated in another thread..

The Broncos always LOSE when Kyle Orton is the QB

Today was no different :laugh:

topscribe
01-02-2012, 12:49 AM
As I stated in another thread..

The Broncos always LOSE when Kyle Orton is the QB

Today was no different :laugh:

lol Never thought of it that way . . .

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 12:54 AM
I "chimed in" on KCL's behalf, not Orton's. Don't make it what it is not.

Why can't you stick to the subject instead of your remarks about me? I didn't
say anything about you - or anyone else on the board - did I? I stuck to the
subject. I suggest you do likewise and let the punks on the board attack other
people. There are enough of them already.

As you attack them calling them punks ;)

The subject was Orton didn't do ish today. He shouldn't be lauded for any reason.

If you want to praise a QB for not making a mistake, then fine. Do it. But IIRC, you and plenty of others refused to do the same when this team was winning in part because Tebow wasn't making mistakes.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Funny how many Orton apologists came out of the woodwork once we started losing.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Funny how many Orton apologists came out of the woodwork once we started losing.

Even funnier that so many insisted Tebow shouldn't be praised for not making mistakes, especially considering the same conversation always highlighted Orton's mistakes, now we are to have a ton of admiration for Orton playing mistake free today. :lol:

Sorry.

I took to much shit when almost 99% of these boards were still all about that d nozzle. I refuse to act like he did something leading his team to 7 points.

I think the saying was the Defense and special teams won the game. ;)

KCL
01-02-2012, 01:05 AM
It's great that a divisional rival may give Orton a contract. Today he showed what he really is... Crap. Today was vintage Orton. He will end up causing the same issues in KC that he did in Denver and Chicago, he just isn't a good QB, and he's had plenty of time to become good.

So glad he's gone.

Doubt KC retains him.

topscribe
01-02-2012, 01:06 AM

The subject was Orton didn't do ish today. He shouldn't be lauded for any reason.

If you want to praise a QB for not making a mistake, then fine. Do it. But IIRC, you and plenty of others refused to do the same when this team was winning in part because Tebow wasn't making mistakes.

Oh, I was praising Tebow. And I was watching as a fan of Tebow's. I just
didn't feel that I owed it to you to post it to make sure you saw that I was.
Somehow, that just wasn't that important to me. :whoknows:

And I will laud Orton or anybody else when I want, where I want, and how I
want. I don't believe I will constrain myself because you said to. :coffee:

Nonetheless, I did not laud Orton for not making mistakes. I mentioned what
he did over the last three games, and all I did was to provide the numbers. I
added nothing to that. And, as I said, I did that only because KCL seemed to
be in somewhat of a corner. She is my friend, my email/facebook friend.

P.S. Here (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1500010&postcount=27) is how I "lauded" Orton for this game.

KCL
01-02-2012, 01:11 AM

From what I have been reading tonight,several of the same people that have been critical of Orton have been very critical of Tebow tonight.

And really you and a couple of others have thrown Orton up in my face.I'm not on the Orton bandwagon.I've been watching football for a long time.It takes more than 2 wins from one QB to get me excited about them.I will give Orton his due.He went 2-1 in 3 games with KC..he played a great game vs GB..a not so great one vs Oakland and a average game today but you know what? I give him credit because he came into Denver and led my team to a victory and for that I am happy! Sorry if that pisses you off.

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 01:19 AM
From what I have been reading tonight,several of the same people that have been critical of Orton have been very critical of Tebow tonight.

What's new? :confused: Those same people have been critical of Tebow the entire time.

Its the ones who were so esconced in his camp that wouldn't grant Tebow, during the winning streak, the very things they were so quick to grant Orton today. Furthermore, many of them all out disappeared until Denver lost back to back games. Chicken littles.

I find the posters who supported Tebow and now objectively criticise him more credible. The blind haters from the Orton side and the blind lovers from Florida mean nothing to me.

And really you and a couple of others have thrown Orton up in my face.I'm not on the Orton bandwagon.I've been watching football for a long time.It takes more than 2 wins from one QB to get me excited about them.I will give Orton his due.He went 2-1 in 3 games with KC..he played a great game vs GB..a not so great one vs Oakland and a average game today but you know what? I give him credit because he came into Denver and led my team to a victory and for that I am happy! Sorry if that pisses you off.

Not throwing anything in your face. Simply replying to your posts that act as if Orton was the reason for the win today when he was anything but; or, the smallest reason. For a person who doesn't seem to care or "get excited" about him, you sure have brought his name up enough. Just sayin :coffee:

KCL
01-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Not throwing anything in your face. Simply replying to your posts that act as if Orton was the reason for the win today when he was anything but; or, the smallest reason. For a person who doesn't seem to care or "get excited" about him, you sure have brought his name up enough. Just sayin :coffee:

You know what? I like you and I am not going to go back and forth with stupid remarks being posted at one another.I would be just as happy if it had been Cassel or even Palko if they had been the QB today.

sneakers
01-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Oh Gawd, not the orton crap again.

kcvet
01-02-2012, 09:40 AM
when was the last time we kept the donks outta the EZ ??? :confused:

ill bet Elway creid all night

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
when was the last time we kept the donks outta the EZ ??? :confused:

ill bet Elway creid all night

When was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

Are Chiefs fans are born with mullets or do you grow them out?

Dzone
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
FoxSports Radio dude this morning is discussing that Tebow should be released at the end of the season...LOL

Chef Zambini
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
who gives a rats ass about orton?
its TEBOW vs REALITY for me.
Tebow aint an NFL quality QB and he never will be> He has looked like dog doo in EVERY game he has played, yet thanks to implausable hollywood endings we somehow manged to win 7 games in spite of his incompetence.
ELWAY has to unload timmy, we wont win another game with him as our QB. TEBOW will NEVER win another NFL game as the starting QB.... NEVER.

kcvet
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
When was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

Are Chiefs fans are born with mullets or do you grow them out?

say..ain't you that suckage guy no one on here likes???

only reason you got in was cause the bolts gave you a hand job

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
say..ain't you that suckage guy no one on here likes???

only reason you got in was cause the bolts gave you a hand job

Everybody loves me.

kcvet
01-02-2012, 10:17 AM
FoxSports Radio dude this morning is discussing that Tebow should be released at the end of the season...LOL

that's really funny. the Media got it all figured out :D

kcvet
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Everybody loves me.

they in love or in heat ????

Northman
01-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Exactly.

One of my biggest griefs this year was the amount of turnovers Kyle had earlier in the season. I gave Orton a LOT of shit about that and i will do the same with Tebow. There's no contradiction there with me. :lol:

Dreadnought
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Exactly.

One of my biggest griefs this year was the amount of turnovers Kyle had earlier in the season. I gave Orton a LOT of shit about that and i will do the same with Tebow. There's no contradiction there with me. :lol:

Tebow had two terrible outings, no question, no excuses for it. I think he was playing scared and hesitant, frankly.

There still is no debate though. I never want Kyle Orton in a Bronco uniform again, not now, not tomorrow, not ever. The jury is still out on Tebow, lets see what he can do in a solid offseason. The book is already written on Orton.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Tebow had two terrible outings, no question, no excuses for it. I think he was playing scared and hesitant, frankly.

Even in the seven wins he was averaging less than 150 passing yards per game, and his completion percentage was well below 50 percent.

Even in the wins he was not anywhere near a competent NFL quarterback. Now, not singling you out now, I have heard several arguments that people are forgetting the seven wins and only focusing on the four losses, but let's not act like he was a completely competent NFL quarterback in the wins too.

It's just not there. Now, I agree, I don't want Orton back, but I'm really not sold on Tebow, either.

Nomad
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM

There still is no debate though. I never want Kyle Orton in a Bronco uniform again, not now, not tomorrow, not ever. The jury is still out on Tebow, lets see what he can do in a solid offseason. The book is already written on Orton.

Defenses took away Tebow's rollout to the left and now he's lost and indecisive.

Orton, on the field, I could give 2 shits if he has success because he had his chance here. Off the field, I wish him the best as a family man and community giver.

vettesplus
01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
orton 7 tt 3, not hard to figure out who won this battle

catfish
01-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Even in the seven wins he was averaging less than 150 passing yards per game, and his completion percentage was well below 50 percent.

Even in the wins he was not anywhere near a competent NFL quarterback. Now, not singling you out now, I have heard several arguments that people are forgetting the seven wins and only focusing on the four losses, but let's not act like he was a completely competent NFL quarterback in the wins too.

It's just not there. Now, I agree, I don't want Orton back, but I'm really not sold on Tebow, either.

I agree, all I wanted was a fair chance for him to perform, so far he has not. Denver absolutely needs to bring someone in to compete. I happen to think that FA is more likely to get you a bandaid that will allow you to accurately evaluate the other positions on O, then next years draft will possibly be the opportunity to go after a franchise guy. I wouldn't pick a QB this year just for the sake of replacing Tebow, if you are going to use a high pick it needs to be on a guy that you really feel can be "the guy". If he is there this year go after him for sure, but definatley don't be packagings pick or pick another damn project

topscribe
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Everybody loves me.

I love ya, Chaz.

I think you need help, but I love ya . . . :D

Ravage!!!
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
. If he is there this year go after him for sure, but definatley don't be packagings pick or pick another damn project

If you are using picks to move up into the draft, you aren't picking a "project".. you are picking a guy thats NFL ready. Tebow wasn't...isn't...just a project. He's a HUGE project, and thats different than nearly every 1st round QB taken. Especially those taken high.

catfish
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
If you are using picks to move up into the draft, you aren't picking a "project".. you are picking a guy thats NFL ready. Tebow wasn't...isn't...just a project. He's a HUGE project, and thats different than nearly every 1st round QB taken. Especially those taken high.

I feel most would agree tebow shouldn't have been taken in the first,it is spilled milk. I was referring to the fact that this team cannot afford to be packaging picks to move up this draft. If a potential franchise qb is available at the 25th pick or wherver Denver is picking take him for sure, but don't used th pick on a 50/50 just so you have an additional guy. I just don't think it is likely there will be a instant franchise guy available there. All first rounders are not built the same. Cam/Blaine

Ravage!!!
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I feel most would agree tebow shouldn't have been taken in the first,it is spilled milk. I was referring to the fact that this team cannot afford to be packaging picks to move up this draft. If a potential franchise qb is available at the 25th pick or wherver Denver is picking take him for sure, but don't used th pick on a 50/50 just so you have an additional guy. I just don't think it is likely there will be a instant franchise guy available there. All first rounders are not built the same. Cam/Blaine

Well, there is the dilemma. Can we afford to not move up and take a QB?

For Elway to be "bought in" on Tebow......that would mean EVERYTHING would have to change. Everything. Scouting would have to start looking for a different kind of player, drafts would have to be different, players picked up would have to be diffferent. You would have to start looking for different coaches to coach Tim.

Elway knows what works in the NFL, for its being shown now by other teams as well as in the past. So for Elway to be "bought in" on Tebow and draft with him as your QB, then Elway in a sense, would have to ignore everything his instincts tell him and "throw out" what he believes, and choose to go with an unproven and...so far....unsuccessful style of offfense.

That being said, John knows the most important position on the field of football is BY FAR....the QB. No ifs, or's, or butt's about it. A team will make a dramatic turn around purely based on the QB position alone (hence our own success once Orton was gone).

So although this team is obviously lacking at other positions, we also can not afford to NOT get that QB position. IF there is a player that we can move up and get.... great. FOr you can't just sit back and hope a QB drops to you.

I get what you are saying, because this team needs so much. But for every franchise...EVERY franchise....the QB is absolutely the top and #1 priority.

catfish
01-02-2012, 01:16 PM

For Elway to be "bought in" on Tebow......that would mean EVERYTHING would have to change. Everything. Scouting would have to start looking for a different kind of player, drafts would have to be different, players picked up would have to be diffferent. You would have to start looking for different coaches to coach Tim.

Elway knows what works in the NFL, for its being shown now by other teams as well as in the past. So for Elway to be "bought in" on Tebow and draft with him as your QB, then Elway in a sense, would have to ignore everything his instincts tell him and "throw out" what he believes, and choose to go with an unproven and...so far....unsuccessful style of offfense.

That being said, John knows the most important position on the field of football is BY FAR....the QB. No ifs, or's, or butt's about it. A team will make a dramatic turn around purely based on the QB position alone (hence our own success once Orton was gone).

So although this team is obviously lacking at other positions, we also can not afford to NOT get that QB position. IF there is a player that we can move up and get.... great. FOr you can't just sit back and hope a QB drops to you.

I get what you are saying, because this team needs so much. But for every franchise...EVERY franchise....the QB is absolutely the top and #1 priority.

I didn't say buy in on Tebow. I said find a band aid in FA. And pick a QB next year when you fill some other positions of need and most likely have a higher first round pick. Quite frankly if you put a rookie QB on this team after trading away multiple high round picks this team is going to be ****** for years. You need 2 solid drafts hitting on damn near every pick before this team is even competitive. A qb isn't going to make a damn bit of difference until you get enough talent around him to let him develop.

Plus you run the risk of packaging picks and ending up with a first rounder like Alex Smith or Blaine Gabbert or Sam Bradford. Moderate to bad QB's who won't hurt your team, but won't elevate their play. At least if you miss with the pick you have you won't have set the rest of the team back years. Teams who have solid depth at other positions can afford to package picks, teams that are questionable at all but maybe 4 positions can't

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Can't afford to move up. This team is in a serious hole thanks to Shanahan and McDoof.

This team needs to hope a late first early 2nd round QB can be like Andy Dalton, Drew Brees (Brees early in his career obviously).

I said the winning was a bad thing because people were beginning to lose sight of the holes this team has. There are a lot of holes. Trading up to get a guy like Luck, if it could happen, wont do this team any favors nor Luck. He would simply be Carr'd.

The Glue Factory
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM

And that is assuming that the options are to run a spread / option type offense or Tebow fails to turn into a traditional NFL QB.

The option you fail to consider (or comment on at least) is that with work this off-season Tebow turns into a more traditional NFL QB. I think we've seen enough from Tebow that the jury is out on that question. Add to that the complication of Fox/McCoy, and now you've got a real enigma to figure out.

The 2012 season, at best, is going to be a return to the Reeves/Elway frustration. If Tebow turns into something better than an average pocket passer, do you think Elway will keep a coach like Fox on the team? I conjecture that should Tebow turn into something approaching Elway, Rothlisberger or Favre, Fox will be gone having laid a solid foundation for our next Shanahan. I'm willing to bet that we have a different HC in 5 years.

The Glue Factory
01-02-2012, 01:47 PM
can't afford to move up. This team is in a serious hole thanks to shanahan and mcdoof.

qft

jhildebrand
01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
The king's ransom is killing this team now.

That 4th for Maroney sure would have been nice-even at the time of the trade I said how completely moronic it was people insisted on telling me it was no big deal and not to get worked up about it.

The alphonso smurf debacle

This team could be so much further SMH

Dreadnought
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM

I disagree totally on his performance the previous wins. Completion percentage and total yards per game are the two stats that are almost totally meaningless for an NFL QB in my opinion. He was good to excellent on Yards per attempt, TD %, and Int%. Until two weeks ago he had the top Yards per Completion in the League (yep, true. better than Rogers, Brees, Brady). Those are the kind of stats that win games. Any stiff in the league can hit 60% by checking down all the time, and I would much rather an offense get its yards by running than by racking up 30-0 yard passing days - in losses.

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I disagree totally on his performance the previous wins. Completion percentage and total yards per game are the two stats that are almost totally meaningless for an NFL QB in my opinion. He was good to excellent on Yards per attempt, TD %, and Int%. Until two weeks ago he had the top Yards per Completion in the League (yep, true. better than Rogers, Brees, Brady). Those are the kind of stats that win games. Any stiff in the league can hit 60% by checking down all the time, and I would much rather an offense get its yards by running than by racking up 30-0 yard passing days - in losses.

He's now played 14 full NFL games, I would consider two of those to be competent NFL starts, albeit below average starts. The other 12 were the quality of a player who should not be starting.

chazoe60
01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
He's now played 14 full NFL games, I would consider two of those to be competent NFL starts, albeit below average starts. The other 12 were the quality of a player who should not be starting.

Which two? Chicago this year and Houston last year?

MOtorboat
01-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Which two? Chicago this year and Houston last year?

Minnesota.

You were in the stands, do you feel that Chicago performance was good? I don't.

claymore
01-03-2012, 08:18 AM

Great post. Couple this... With the fact that this FO only has 3-4 years to make us a legit winner. The thought of wasting 2-3 of those years in a QB you didnt draft, and dont like isnt appealing. If you lose, you are going to want to lose trying it your way.

Hopefully Elway can dump tebow off to Carolina as Cams backup, or Jacksonville as their starter.

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Orton is arguable the lamest and most lethargic "leader" I've ever seen also.

I'd be happy to never hear the name Kyle Orton ever again in my life to be honest.

Today was just one more day where Kyle Orton did very little en route to another Broncos loss. He's done that a ton the last three seasons.

but without orton they would of not scored seven points and won. i could be wrong at that because tt could only muster 3 points, great job tt you are the man!!!!!:lol:

chazoe60
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Minnesota.

You were in the stands, do you feel that Chicago performance was good? I don't.
Yes I do. The majority of that game was an absolute disaster by our receiving corp. perfect pass to DT for a TD and he drops it. Two drops on third down that I can think of just off the top of my head, one by DT one by Decker.
There was something in the neighborhood of 8 drops in that game. Tebow was on target for the vast majority of that game.

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes I do. The majority of that game was an absolute disaster by our receiving corp. perfect pass to DT for a TD and he drops it. Two drops on third down that I can think of just off the top of my head, one by DT one by Decker.
There was something in the neighborhood of 8 drops in that game. Tebow was on target for the vast majority of that game.

but tt still sucks and always will suck as a starting nfl qb!!!!:lol:

chazoe60
01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
but tt still sucks and always will suck as a starting nfl qb!!!!:lol:

So does Orton.

So, you stick up for Orton because he's and I quote "a nice guy" yet you take every opportunity you get to shit on Tebow who is by all accounts the ultimate "nice guy".

How much fun did you have watching Orton slaughter us through the air Sunday? I mean that was some showing of NFL QB brilliance was it not? The way he drove his team to that one scoring drive, it truly was remarkable.

Orton apologists are wothout a doubt worse that Tebow fanbois.

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
So does Orton.

So, you stick up for Orton because he's and I quote "a nice guy" yet you take every opportunity you get to shit on Tebow who is by all accounts the ultimate "nice guy".

How much fun did you have watching Orton slaughter us through the air Sunday? I mean that was some showing of NFL QB brilliance was it not? The way he drove his team to that one scoring drive, it truly was remarkable.

Orton apologists are wothout a doubt worse that Tebow fanbois.

I personally would not want to live on the different between Tebow fanbois and Orton apologists. To me they're the same.

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
So does Orton.

Orton apologists are without a doubt worse that Tebow fanbois.

never said tt was not a nice guy, great role model in my mind, but still sucks as a nfl starting qb... tt and the starting nfl qb position is about the same as putting an elevator in a outhouse, they just don't belong!!!!!

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I personally would not want to live on the different between Tebow fanbois and Orton apologists. To me they're the same.

I think many of us have been saying that they both suck for over a year now. :D

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM

No I don't think so. ;)

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
No I don't think so. ;)

"Oh, Not this sh!t again."
http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/12/Matt-Barkley.jpg

claymore
01-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Its been a real lose lose situation.

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Its been a real lose lose situation.

Like i said earlier, 1 season later, and were right back where we started.
Hats off to the coaching staff for taking chicken shit and making chicken salad.
Fox and Co. all desreve a raise.

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
"Oh, Not this sh!t again."
http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/12/Matt-Barkley.jpg

Six months is half a year. It's simiply addition Socal.

Elevation inc
01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Orton is by far the better passer, while Tebow is by far the better athlete.

and leader.....

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Six months is half a year. It's simiply addition Socal.

Many of us having been saying they both suck for longer than that. :lol:

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Many of us having been saying they both suck for longer than that. :lol:

But you're not one of them. :laugh:

Thnikkaman
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
E0hMNfPXRFY

vettesplus
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
E0hMNfPXRFY

final farwell.....orton 7 tebow 3:lol:

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
But you're not one of them. :laugh:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tOJ0BeW5vXw/TPMTu5Ih5KI/AAAAAAAAAAM/DJp86ZUDrfg/s1600/Butthurt.PNG

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tOJ0BeW5vXw/TPMTu5Ih5KI/AAAAAAAAAAM/DJp86ZUDrfg/s1600/Butthurt.PNG

Butt hurt? Nope.

However you are dishonest.

Also you might want to find some new material because you've used this one every time someone calls you on the carpet about your hypocrisy.

KCL
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
E0hMNfPXRFY

Those videos are hilarious.

SOCALORADO.
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Butt hurt? Nope.

However you are dishonest.

Also you might want to find some new material because you've used this one every time someone calls you on the carpet about your hypocrisy.

http://glanerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/we-get-it-youre-butt-hurt.jpg

Thnikkaman
01-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Those videos are hilarious.

You should watch the one the same guys did about pepper spray. Hilarious.

KCL
01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
You should watch the one the same guys did about pepper spray. Hilarious.

I will have to check them out.Who is that guy?

I like the first one he did as Orton..I am guessing it was the first one.When
he says.."I'm a QB too dad"....:lol:

TXBRONC
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
http://glanerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/we-get-it-youre-butt-hurt.jpg

Nope.

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I will have to check them out.Who is that guy?

I like the first one he did as Orton..I am guessing it was the first one.When
he says.."I'm a QB too dad"....:lol:

jiyg9Mih1_8