PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' M.O.: ch ... ch ... changes

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11723060

Will the last Bronco to leave Dove Valley please turn off the lights?

All told, 11 holdovers from the Mike Shanahan era have been axed in the past few days. And trust me, there will be more.

With a new coaching staff and general manager in place, the changes were inevitable. It's a way of life in professional sports, where new coaches want to make their own decisions, bring in their own players, make their own signature moves.

It's more than that, though. The roster purge serves as a reminder of how far this team is from competing for a Super Bowl berth. It wasn't just a matter of money, of players being due roster bonuses if they stuck around for a few more weeks.

No, this is about talent. Obviously, Josh McDaniels, during his countless hours of breaking down video of the roster he inherited, didn't see much of it.

So 11 players are gone. And the purge won't end there. Others will follow before the start of next season.

As for those who'll stay, they had better play with a chip on their shoulders. Because, with precious few exceptions, they could be gone at a moment's notice, too.

Fan in Exile
02-17-2009, 07:00 PM
He seriously got paid to write this?

broncosinindy
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
i can understand we need to get better players but getting rid of all our role players before we find out exactly what we have is a mistake. especially if they dont make much. this is what screws teams even worse

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
i can understand we need to get better players but getting rid of all our role players before we find out exactly what we have is a mistake. especially if they dont make much. this is what screws teams even worse

I agree - better have a replacement plan in place.

UnderArmour
02-17-2009, 07:17 PM

I know right? I see posts all the time that are more informative and insightful than this piece of trash they call an article.

Lonestar
02-17-2009, 07:43 PM

I know right? I see posts all the time that are more informative and insightful than this piece of trash they call an article.

send him your thoughts..

He can be reached at 303-954-1269 or jmarmstrong@denverpost.com.

Lonestar
02-17-2009, 07:47 PM

for alot of the folks cut we could probably scrape up there replacements from this forum..:laugh::laugh:

So far we have really lost nothing..

maybe Aldridge but he obviously did not fit into their plans..

this team has been scraping bottom of the barrel for a while now it is time to find some real players..

tomjonesrocks
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
With all the releases, Aldridge is the only one that bothers me.

Though selfish, I'll be hoping that he doesn't impress with the 'Skins and that McDaniels was right on him--because I was actually looking forward to seeing more of him next preseason. If he tears it up and becomes Sproles II--that's going to suck.

Agreed though--the article is weak. G Money should do us all a favor and send in a resume...

Lonestar
02-17-2009, 11:33 PM
With all the releases, Aldridge is the only one that bothers me.

Though selfish, I'll be hoping that he doesn't impress with the 'Skins and that McDaniels was right on him--because I was actually looking forward to seeing more of him next preseason. If he tears it up and becomes Sproles II--that's going to suck.

Agreed though--the article is weak. G Money should do us all a favor and send in a resume...

only if he posts here before he publishes..

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-18-2009, 01:48 AM
I agree as of right now..those players could be replaced by undrafted free agents.

Simple Jaded
02-18-2009, 02:44 AM
I agree as of right now..those players could be replaced by undrafted free agents.

Those players could be replaced by Rent-o-Bums from the Yellow Pages.......

Superchop 7
02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Jim is just letting the players know where they stand, I imagine a few will want out of here.

hotcarl
02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Jim is just letting the players know where they stand, I imagine a few will want out of here.

I'm sure they were all just waiting for the official word from jim "hey boys" armstrong aka jim "sh*thead" armstrong :rolleyes:

EMB6903
02-18-2009, 07:56 PM

a replacement plan in place? what can be more worse then what this defense went through last year?