PDA

View Full Version : Winborn Interview

Ziggy
02-17-2009, 06:17 PM
They just interviewed Winborn on the fan. He thinks that he was cut because the Broncos are going to a 3-4 mainly and does not think that he was cut because of his disagreements in the past with Nolan. Despite Sandy Cluff trying to egg him on, Winborn spoke with class and dignity and was complimentary of Nolan. He also said that he thinks there will be more cuts to come.

They then talked about what the switch to a 3-4 from a 4-3 entails. Winborn talked about the need for bigger LB'ers in that system. Winborn states that there will be players here next season that there are here now other than Champ and DJ. He said that things like this happen when you don't win, and even sometimes when they do. Asked if they should use the term rebuilding when talking about this defense, he said that it's a fresh start, more than just a rebuild. Similar to what happened in San Fran when they switched.

When asked if the Broncos are in the same place as the 49'ers when he left them, a better place, or a worst place, he said that he had a lot of confidence in Nolan and his ability to install a D. He thinks Nolan definitely knows D, and you want to have a guy like him. He thinks they will have a good team.

He says that there are a couple of teams interested in him right now, and that he is thankful that the Broncos cut him sooner rather than later. I'm not a fan of Winborn, but this guy spoke with humility and class. Good luck with your next team Jamie, and thanks for not letting Sandy Cluff goad you into the trash talking against our new regime. :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Good luck to him. I never really loved him, but he played hard.

Italianmobstr7
02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
He wasn't great, but he was a good leader. I don't think his play will be missed, and his dancing definitely won't, but good luck to him wherever he goes. I have no ill will towards him.

Fan in Exile
02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
That's a classy way to leave, I hope he lands somewhere. Even if it is as a backup.

LRtagger
02-17-2009, 07:51 PM
When all was said and done, he had a pretty good year considering he is a backup. He made some good plays, but it was embarrassing watching him celebrate.

Lonestar
02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
When all was said and done, he had a pretty good year considering he is a backup. He made some good plays, but it was embarrassing watching him celebrate.

I thought overall he was not bad his celebrations around was beyond stupid, but probably our 3rd best LB last year.. and frankly that is nothing to brag about..

Wish him well..

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-18-2009, 01:43 AM
He will probably end up in Oakland lmfao.

Simple Jaded
02-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Classy way to go, true, but I won't miss him and his mouth at all.......take your gay little dance with ya Jamie.......

Dirk
02-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Indeed a classy way to leave. As far as his play...well, i'll just say peace out. :salute:

broncofaninfla
02-18-2009, 08:43 AM
I wish he would have played with the same class he showed in his departure. I wish him the best.

Superchop 7
02-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Radio

Good to see him "tackle the air" one last time.

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Winborn and Woodyard were our better Linebackers last season. Too bad he has to go.

Where's all the good news? All I hear are cuts, most good but a few bad. When are we gonna start hearing about good FAs signing. What's the status on Peppers and R. Lewis? Those 2 guys alone with improve our defense to a top 10 I bet.

CoachChaz
02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Winborn and Woodyard were our better Linebackers last season. Too bad he has to go.

Where's all the good news? All I hear are cuts, most good but a few bad. When are we gonna start hearing about good FAs signing. What's the status on Peppers and R. Lewis? Those 2 guys alone with improve our defense to a top 10 I bet.

Last I heard, we have to wait until the FA period actually begins.

Superchop 7
02-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Your telling me that Webster being gone isn't good news ?

I guess you missed the ticker-tape parade.

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Last I heard, we have to wait until the FA period actually begins.

Good catch. I looked at the NFL events, deadlines and calender about a week ago and I know FA signing is just around the corner. It's the slowest part of the year as far as football goes. You can say I'm not too focused on football right now. I'm still withdrawing from this last horrible season, how we'll missed the playoffs when it was just about impossible to do and especially the departure of Mikey.

I'm still predicting the worst season in 2009 since 1999. The year after John retired.

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Your telling me that Webster being gone isn't good news ?

I guess you missed the ticker-tape parade.

I just now found out Webster was released. Shoooooooosh... in relief. :elefant:

I've been too busy and in this sloooooooooow time of the football year, I just don't even care.

Wait til the combine comes around then I will become re-energized for more football info.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2009, 04:27 PM
You can listen to the interview:

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/theSportsGuys/podcasts.cfm

Northman
02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I thought overall he was not bad his celebrations around was beyond stupid, but probably our 3rd best LB last year.. and frankly that is nothing to brag about..

Wish him well..

You know, the more i think about it the more i believe he celebrated because even if he did manage to stop someone he celebrated because they didnt take it too the house. :lol:

He's a good guy, i wish him the best.

Ziggy
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I just now found out Webster was released. Shoooooooosh... in relief. :elefant:I've been too busy and in this sloooooooooow time of the football year, I just don't even care.

Wait til the combine comes around then I will become re-energized for more football info.

Webster wasn't released, his contract expired. Either way, the news is good, because he's no longer a Denver Bronco.

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Webster wasn't released, his contract expired. Either way, the news is good, because he's no longer a Denver Bronco.

Same difference. we are not retaining him for his services any longer.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Same difference. we are not retaining for his services any longer.

Do you have a link?

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Do you have a link?

Link to what? The fact that we are not gonna offer Webster another contract? I don;t have a clue. I'm just going off what a few of the guys are telling me and one guy said Webster will be gone so I assume that is fctual news. Right now, I don't care too much about what's going with the Broncos and their roster.

I'm still trying to recover from the hangover from how the season ended and how Mikey was let go and now we have some young inexperience snot nose kid for a head coach.

BroncoJoe
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Link to what? The fact that we are not gonna offer Webster another contract? I don;t have a clue. I'm just going off what a few of the guys are telling me and one guy said Webster will be gone so I assume that is fctual news. Right now, I don't care too much about what's going with the Broncos and their roster.

I'm still trying to recover from the hangover from how the season ended and how Mikey was let go and now we have some young inexperience snot nose kid for a head coach.

Inexperienced?

:confused:

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Inexperienced?

:confused:

No? Where in his resume does it say he's been the head coach of any football team before? Flag football? Pee Wee? High School? College?

I still see Mike Nolan taking over the team in about 2 years.

Watchthemiddle
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Well all I know is that when Winborn, Woodyard, and Larsen were the starters they took care of business.

Not saying In liked Winborn, but he went to work

:coffee:

Nature Boy
02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't understand why there's almost a collective agreement in hate for Jaimie Winborn on this board. I thought it was he and Wesley Woodyard were the guys who brought their lunch pails to work every Sunday on that defense.

Larsen did not show me anything but he gets plenty of praise around here. But Winborn is throw in the same bus as Nate Webster?

Webster deserves the criticism, but definitely not Winborn.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
There was clearly a difference in the D when injures started to hit ad JB, Woody and Larsen saw the field. And once again, the worsened when the "starters" got healthy again. I think Larsen did well hen he played and foght his ass off. I'm still pissed that DJ was adjusting his glove while chasing down a play vs SD...but that's just me.

Simple Jaded
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, Winborn, Woodyard and Larsen took care of business, when they were starting the defense went from the 30th worst defense to the 29th worst defense.......all because of those three LB's :thumb:.......

SmilinAssasSin27
02-18-2009, 10:38 PM
You were on the board. Most folks here commented on how the energy and effectiveness of the D picked up. Don't pretend there wasn't a clear difference. Even Shanny commented on how he should have been playing these dudes earlier.

And actually I meant, Barrett, Larsen and Woody. Not winborn.