PDA

View Full Version : Tebow

Broncofanaz
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I still don't get what's the big fking deal about Tebow. Wanna try to explain it?

broncobryce
01-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Well he's playing like crap right now, but once he started the team went from 1-4 to winning 6 games in a row.

wayninja
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I still don't get what's the big fking deal about Tebow. Wanna try to explain it?

He plays professional sports in a very popular sporting league filled with very talented players. Which is sort of a big deal.

If you don't want to get more specific, I'm not sure you can be helped.

sneakers
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I like your dog, he has good style

dogfish
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Wanna try to explain it?

not particularly. . .

:welcome:

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Tebow might have been the absolute worst thing for this organization.

He came in, was good enough to run a gimmick offense and win for about 7 games allowing the Broncos to not get a quality QB in the draft as well as allowing other teams to write a book on how to defend the spread option, and now we are left with an 8-8 record, a probably playoff blowout loss at home, a desperate need for a QB, and holes all over the place.

SM19
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
People are born with a cognitive bias that leads them to believe that when two events are correlated, one of them has caused the other.

SR
01-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm ready for a change

Gyro
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm ready for a change

Haha says the guy who just called me stupid in the game day thread for insinuating that his starting job may be in jeopardy because of his play today.:rolleyes:

claymore
01-01-2012, 07:04 PM

He came in, was good enough to run a gimmick offense and win for about 7 games allowing the Broncos to not get a quality QB in the draft as well as allowing other teams to write a book on how to defend the spread option, and now we are left with an 8-8 record, a probably playoff blowout loss at home, a desperate need for a QB, and holes all over the place.

This was my greatest fear. Now a reality. He is the last, and greatest landmine left by McD.

BroncoStud
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Now no one wants to give him an off season to improve with reps and study? Emotions sure can be a bitch when they stunt logic.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Now no one wants to give him an off season to improve with reps and study? Emotions sure can be a bitch when they stunt logic.

As opposed to the other two offseasons he's had to work on his game?

topscribe
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM

If probably the longest standing Broncos fan can be accused of not being a fan
because he was critical of Tebow, what does that make you?

MileHighCrew
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I've said the entire time I'm not sold but I want to be. Nothing has changed I'm not sold. Where has the magic gone though? Still so excited about playoffs!

chazoe60
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM
If probably the longest standing Broncos fan can be accused of not being a fan
because he was critical of Tebow, what does that make you?

Come on Top, get over it pal.

Krugan
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
As opposed to the other two offseasons he's had to work on his game?

Come on MO, theres more to it than that.

Im overly dissapointed in the last 3 games, overly. But im still level headed enough to see that the guy doesnt even have a full season of starts.

This last offseason was a fiasco, trading orton, nto trading orton, no real training camp, it was said somewhere that in the first season, he had no 1st team reps until the end of the season.

We didnt pick #2 last year because it was a good team, and to get where we are is a huge jump, being in the playoffs is good for the team.

No matter that we gimped in, at least these guys will get a taste of it.

camdisco24
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm all for giving him a chance, but I'm not against bringing in some competition.

topscribe
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Come on Top, get over it pal.

How do you feel about Orton, Chaz?

Krugan
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Well, today he had a great first quarter, lost his main target and did pretty much squat.

About the same as it was in Denver.

Why does it matter? At some point things just gotta be put behind and move on. Its okay to stop digging the hole when its deep enough.

chazoe60
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM

I still think he's a terrible starting QB. He didn't do anything impressive today, in fact his accuracy was off and he failed to move the ball most of the day. If he wasn't playing against arguably the worst offense in football right now he would have lost.

Just because Tebow looks like shit now doesn't erase the fact that he took a team Orton had at 1-4 to the playoffs. Tebow's suckage doesn't erase Orton's.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah.. Orton still sucks and I still enjoy watching the Broncos with Tebow over watching them with Orton behind center.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Come on MO, theres more to it than that.

Im overly dissapointed in the last 3 games, overly. But im still level headed enough to see that the guy doesnt even have a full season of starts.

This last offseason was a fiasco, trading orton, nto trading orton, no real training camp, it was said somewhere that in the first season, he had no 1st team reps until the end of the season.

We didnt pick #2 last year because it was a good team, and to get where we are is a huge jump, being in the playoffs is good for the team.

No matter that we gimped in, at least these guys will get a taste of it.

He's regressing.

I will not "come on." I'm happy as shit the team is in the playoffs, but that is one of the worst quarterbacking performances I have ever seen.

topscribe
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I still think he's a terrible starting QB. He didn't do anything impressive today, in fact his accuracy was off and he failed to move the ball most of the day. If he wasn't playing against arguably the worst offense in football right now he would have lost.

Just because Tebow looks like shit now doesn't erase the fact that he took a team Orton had at 1-4 to the playoffs. Tebow's suckage doesn't erase Orton's.

C'mon. Tebow took them to the playoffs? Aren't you discounting the defense
just a little bit?

I hope a full offseason can get Tebow to an NFL level as a QB. I really do. But
he has a loooooong way to go.

Krugan
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
He's regressing.

I will not "come on." I'm happy as shit the team is in the playoffs, but that is one of the worst quarterbacking performances I have ever seen.

Indeed, it was horrible, but claiming that the "2 offseasons" should ahve made all the difference isnt correct entirely.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Indeed, it was horrible, but claiming that the "2 offseasons" should ahve made all the difference isnt correct entirely.

Maybe instead of peddling that book he should have hired a QB coach...

Krugan
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM

Maybe, maybe alot of things could be different, or maybe not.

701Bronco
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Yeah I just bought that book... Definitely not in a hurry to start reading it though. I agree he is regressing and it sucks to watch. If he keeps it up I can always use more kindling for my fireplace. I just want to win dammit, I like Tebow as a person and role model but if he can't see wide open receivers and takes sacks as much as he completes a pass... then he has no business on our team.