PDA

View Full Version : NFL hypocracy

Chef Zambini
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
just wanted to get this off my chest before the game starts!
the NFL declares player safety as their top priority.
They justify the new kick-off rules as an effort to reduce high impact plays by reducing the run up.
yet they willingly and liberally asses a 15 YARD PENALTY on TD celebrations for something as benign as not getting up off the ground in a resonable time after falling intio the ned zone?
this ASSURES a high impact kick return!
15 yards because your t-shirt says haPPY nye?
seriosly? !!!
and yet a guy can make a sack and dance around like he hAD SEX TGHE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE AND THERE IS no penaLTY FOR CELEBRATION?
the rules are a JOKE ! a gunner gets knocked out of boundsby two hard hitting mo-fos going full speeed and fails to get back inbounds in a timely manner?
this costs his team 15 yards?
but a linemaN CAN TAKE AN EARLY SHOTY AT HIS OPPONENT KNOCKING HIM ON HIS ARSE because he must remain on sides and thats only 5 yards?
get your priorities strtaight NFL ! your rules and inforcements are maKING A mockery of the game!
TUCK RULE?
this is a farce! subjective and discretionary interpretation ! require the QB to hold on to the ball just lioke every other PLAYER and get rid of this querstionaBLE/ SUBJECTIVE CALL !

igoe4broncos
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Tell us how you really feel man.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2012, 03:47 PM
just wanted to get this off my chest before the game starts!
the NFL declares player safety as their top priority.
They justify the new kick-off rules as an effort to reduce high impact plays by reducing the run up.
yet they willingly and liberally asses a 15 YARD PENALTY on TD celebrations for something as benign as not getting up off the ground in a resonable time after falling intio the ned zone?
this ASSURES a high impact kick return!
15 yards because your t-shirt says haPPY nye?
seriosly? !!!
and yet a guy can make a sack and dance around like he hAD SEX TGHE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE AND THERE IS no penaLTY FOR CELEBRATION?
the rules are a JOKE ! a gunner gets knocked out of boundsby two hard hitting mo-fos going full speeed and fails to get back inbounds in a timely manner?
this costs his team 15 yards?
but a linemaN CAN TAKE AN EARLY SHOTY AT HIS OPPONENT KNOCKING HIM ON HIS ARSE because he must remain on sides and thats only 5 yards?
get your priorities strtaight NFL ! your rules and inforcements are maKING A mockery of the game!
TUCK RULE?
this is a farce! subjective and discretionary interpretation ! require the QB to hold on to the ball just lioke every other PLAYER and get rid of this querstionaBLE/ SUBJECTIVE CALL !

It was a little hard to read, but it's tough to disagree with. This has been the worst officiated season with some of the worst rules I've ever seen. It's not entirely on the officials because they themselves have to make judgement calls that aren't aided by the replays we all get to see.

The biggest problem is consistency. The thing I'm the most tired of is that every time you see a big hit, the flag comes out instantaneously because it sounded bad.

I Eat Staples
01-01-2012, 04:09 PM
NFL rules are a bigger joke than the BCS. I remember when players like TO, Chad Ocho Cinco (Johnson at the time lol) and Steve Smith used to see who could come up with the best celebrations. It was all in good fun and gave the fans something to look forward to. Now, having fun is a 15 yard penalty.

The rules like "hit on a defenseless receiver" are pathetic. The NFL wants the defense to allow a receiver to catch the ball instead of hitting them and knocking it out.

Refs get plenty of calls wrong and I've never been on their side, but it's the league that's to blame, not the refs. You can't blame the officials for enforcing stupid rules.

OrangeHoof
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
hypocrisy = an act of blatant contradiction by someone of authority.
hypocracy = government by hypos.