PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Season

Ziggy
01-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Before we win the game this afternoon, I wanted to take a moment to thank my team for one of the more memorable seasons. I've been watching the Broncos since 1971. In 40 years of observation, there have been few that have been more exciting.

Maybe it's because there were no expectations coming into the season. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Broncos have found a way to win that is different than every other team in the league. Maybe it's because an undertalented team with more holes than a slice of swiss cheese has overacheived to an unexpected degree. I'm not sure I can really pinpoint exactly what it is.

What I am sure of, is that the Broncos are playing for the AFC West title in the last game of the season. After the 1-4 start, did anyone really think that this would happen? It's been a fun ride. Frustrating, exciting, and crazy. The coaching staff has overachieved with the amount of talent on this roster. This team needs an upgrade in a ton of areas, yet they continue to defy the odds. Some of the players have overachieved themselves. It wouldn't suprise me to see 11 new starters on this roster in the next 2 seasons.

It's been a blast. Thanks Broncos, and good luck today.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Before we win the game this afternoon, I wanted to take a moment to thank my team for one of the more memorable seasons. I've been watching the Broncos since 1971. In 40 years of observation, there have been few that have been more exciting.

Maybe it's because there were no expectations coming into the season. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Broncos have found a way to win that is different than every other team in the league. Maybe it's because an undertalented team with more holes than a slice of swiss cheese has overacheived to an unexpected degree. I'm not sure I can really pinpoint exactly what it is.

What I am sure of, is that the Broncos are playing for the AFC West title in the last game of the season. After the 1-4 start, did anyone really think that this would happen? It's been a fun ride. Frustrating, exciting, and crazy. The coaching staff has overachieved with the amount of talent on this roster. This team needs an upgrade in a ton of areas, yet they continue to defy the odds. Some of the players have overachieved themselves. It wouldn't suprise me to see 11 new starters on this roster in the next 2 seasons.

It's been a blast. Thanks Broncos, and good luck today.

Great post, Zig. Whatever happens today, I'm proud to be wearing Orange and Blue!

Nomad
01-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Right on! It's been quite the turn around and nailbiters.....fun, exciting, frustrating, and enjoying the ride.

BUT the BRONCOS are here and they couldn't have written a better script for the last game. Finish this season strong with a win and heading to the playoffs....because you earned it with this win.:defense:

camdisco24
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Great post! I couldn't agree more.

I want to win bad today! But no matter what happens ill remember this season for a long long time.

NightTrainLayne
01-01-2012, 02:23 PM
No matter what happens today, this season is a success.

bcbronc
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
In the preseason, my hopes/expectations coming into the season were that the last game or two of the season would still have meaning as far as the playoffs went. Our young team has achieved that and earned the experience that comes with a playoff race. That will pay off in years to come, win or lose today.

This season has been a wild and crazy ride and a lot of fun. Can't help feeling a loss today will tarnish it a bit though.