PDA

View Full Version : What is Schlereth's deal?

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Mark used to be one of my favorite analysts, but lately he has been a total ass when it comes to discussing the Broncos. I thought this guy used to play for Denver? Too bad he's starting to enter Merril Hoge territory when it comes to the hate.

Today on NFL Live, he even went as far as stating that the Raiders would make the playoffs because of Tim Tebow, while not even mentioning that the Raiders had to win as well...:tsk:

I don't have a problem with objective analysis, but right now he's just being an absolute douchebag.

MasterShake
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I think the only ex-Bronco that even comes close to speaking good of Timmy is McCafferey. Shannon Sharpe, Alfred Williams, and Schlereth are all pretty wary of him from what I've heard.

KCL
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Jeez..I had this discussion with my niece the other day...not about the Broncos..and I told her that everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with it or not.She didn't take my comment very well.. :whoknows:

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Schlereth has become a complete tool. If I have to hear that arrogant dick say "fans are stupid" one more time I'm gonna puke.

Schlereth is dead to me. Shoulda kept being a soap star you douche bag.

Clipworthy
12-29-2011, 04:59 PM
It's that green chile.... I was s**ting out of my mouth violently for a while as well

GEM
12-29-2011, 04:59 PM
They played with Elway. They have high expectations. Not everyone is going to love you. Some you have to force feed. Let Timmy force feed them....if he is, that means the Broncos are winning.

Hell....you are talking about a guy who used to piss his pads every game. :lol:

NightTrainLayne
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Schlereth was a part of not only the best Broncos teams to ever take the field, but imo, one of the best teams in NFL history.

As such, he is judging from a vantage point of a team and QB that played together to near perfection, in a virtually unstoppable offensive scheme in it's day.

Tebow will probably never live up to his standards, but that's okay. Not many are ever going to anyways. Problem is, that he gets asked about Tebow every day multiple times. . .if he was asked multiple times every day about, say, Christian Ponder, Vikings fans would think he had it in for them too.

SoCalImport
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
What he's not saying (or the OP isn't mentioning) is that without Tebow the Broncos likely wouldn't be in contention anyway.

just sayin

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Get on that Tebow bandwagon! Love him, our you're low-life!

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM

Oh hey, look who's back to mis-representing people's arguments. I missed you top!

jrelway
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
stink is the man! he's an analyst so of course hes gonna say some harsh shit

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh hey, look who's back to mis-representing people's arguments. I missed you top!

You looked as if you needed somebody to flame, so what could I do? ;)

KCL
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM

I'd be more disgusted with what Bill Maher said about Tebow.This doesn't sound like anything personal about Tebow...more of an observation.

NightTrainLayne
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Well, that would be the way that a highly subjective person, who takes non-personal information personally would see that.

Good thing Schlereth apparently enjoys pretty good mental health, and takes all that with a grain of salt. Schlereth ain't gonna lose any sleep over someone's comments on the internets. Much less assume that any of it should be taken to heart personally.

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
You looked as if you needed somebody to flame, so what could I do? ;)

I challenge you to find a single post on this history of this message board that says anything like that anyone not on the Tebow bandwagon is a lowlife. The people are being criticized in posts like this are people like Hoge and Schlereth who only focus on Tebow's negatives and go out of their way to just be negative about him instead of proving a fair, objective analysis.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
For me it's not just his view of Tebow, I know there is a Ton of discenting opinions on Tebow, it doesn't bother me anymore unless it gets personal.

The last straw for Schlereth to me was his newest assertion that "fans are stupid". Sorry but being a fan I actually take being called stupid personal. His arrogance was grating on me for some time and this newest shit just pushed me over the edge.

catfish
12-29-2011, 05:28 PM
For me it's not just his view of Tebow, I know there is a Ton of discenting opinions on Tebow, it doesn't bother me anymore unless it gets personal.

The last straw for Schlereth to me was his newest assertion that "fans are stupid". Sorry but being a fan I actually take being called stupid personal. His arrogance was grating on me for some time and this newest shit just pushed me over the edge.

ehh I did kinda feel bad when he got booed by the Denver fans on first take

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM
ehh I did kinda feel bad when he got booed by the Denver fans on first take

I don't blame them after he's bashed us and the organization for the last couple of years.

catfish
12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't blame them after he's bashed us and the organization for the last couple of years.

true, his response was kinda shitty...."go ahead boo me it's not like I helped bring two rings to the city" Past accolades do not promise future respect I suppose

GEM
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
true, his response was kinda shitty...."go ahead boo me it's not like I helped bring two rings to the city" Past accolades do not promise future respect I suppose

You can't command respect based on past accolades when you are currently calling those that you are trying to command, stupid.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM

If somebody bakes me a cake one day and kicks me in the nuts the next, I'm not going to forgive the kick because of the cake. Ya know what I mean?

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM

What a stupid response if that's what he actually said. Yeah, because a freaking guard made the difference in winning two rings or not. When I think of who the key players on those teams were, I think of Elway, Davis, Sharpe, McCaffery, R. Smith, Nalen, Atwater, Gordon, N. Smith, Pryce, Mobley, Romo, Crockett, Braxton and Elam before Schlereth comes even close to mind.

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I challenge you to find a single post on this history of this message board that says anything like that anyone not on the Tebow bandwagon is a lowlife. The people are being criticized in posts like this are people like Hoge and Schlereth who only focus on Tebow's negatives and go out of their way to just be negative about him instead of proving a fair, objective analysis.

It's figurative and sarcasm. I thought maybe you, of all people,
would recognize that, what with your eddication and all.

But perhaps Stink's analysis is fair and objective, to him. And maybe
to others, as well. And maybe to Tebow-worshipers, it is not. I like
Tebow - don't get me wrong - but I do see his weaknesses, and it
does make me unsure about his future.

I don't know . . . maybe Stink is a bit overly negative. But it is
his opinion, and I like a lot of what he says otherwise. And I think
I may be able to empathize with him a bit since there are those
who apparently have thought much the same of me for my
support of . . . um, you-know-who.

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Chaz, I don't question your veracity, but I would like to read or
hear verbatim what Schlereth said. Got a source? There's so much
room for error in paraphrasing, you know . . .

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
It's figurative and sarcasm. I thought maybe you, of all people,
would recognize that, what with your eddication and all.

But perhaps Stink's analysis is fair and objective, to him. And maybe
to others, as well. And maybe to Tebow-worshipers, it is not. I like
Tebow - don't get me wrong - but I do see his weaknesses, and it
does make me unsure about his future.

I don't know . . . maybe Stink is a bit overly negative. But it is
his opinion, and I like a lot of what he says otherwise. And I think
I may be able to empathize with him a bit since there are those
who apparently have thought much the same of me for my
support of . . . um, you-know-who.

So calling fans stupid who have a different opinion of Tebow from him is fair and objective?

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:57 PM

I have heard him say on the air multiple times the exact quote "fans are stupid". That is verbatim.

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:58 PM
So calling fans stupid who have a different opinion of Tebow from him is fair and objective?

As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't heard Schlereth say
it verbatim. So I can't respond to this at the moment (other than
I have listened to him multiple times and never heard it).

GEM
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I have heard him say on the air multiple times the exact quote "fans are stupid". That is verbatim.

Yep. Go to 104.3 The Fan and listen to some podcasts. Mark is on with DMac & Al in the ride home time slot. He does it quite often.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM

He was talking about fans voting for the ProBowl and he said fans shouldn't be allowed to vote because, and I quote "fans are stupid"

Just today I heard him say it again on ESPN radio and this time he added "fans think they know about football but they know nothing".

He's really turned into a jerk.

topscribe
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Yep. Go to 104.3 The Fan and listen to some podcasts. Mark is on with DMac & Al in the ride home time slot. He does it quite often.

He was talking about fans voting for the ProBowl and he said fans shouldn't be allowed to vote because, and I quote "fans are stupid"

Just today I heard him say it again on ESPN radio and this time he added "fans think they know about football but they know nothing".

Okay. I'm not going to dispute it. But I still have to hear or read
the context to be sure of precisely what his message was in its
context. Nonetheless, what does this have to do with his opinion
of Tebow's play? Even jerks can be right now and then. Not
saying he is, but, as they say, just sayin' . . .

spikerman
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
If somebody bakes me a cake one day and kicks me in the nuts the next, I'm not going to forgive the kick because of the cake. Ya know what I mean?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. What kind of cake?

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. What kind of cake?

German Chocolate.

spikerman
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
German Chocolate.

With coconut frosting? My nuts are theirs for the kicking.

dogfish
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
German Chocolate.

german chocloate is the best. . . i had some on christmas-- it was kick ass. . . .

spikerman
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
german chocloate is the best. . . i had some on christmas-- it was kick ass. . . .

I always get either that or carrot for my b-day. mmmmmmmmm

Have we derailed this thread yet?

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I bet if you made King a bacon cake he'd let you kick him in the nuts every day for the rest of his life.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I should have known that just mentioning cake would derail the thread.

KCL
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Carrot is good.We have that once a year!

KCL
12-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Meh..if the guy is an idiot..consider the source.

Jsteve01
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM

or kick nuts depending on your preference

****rimshot******:D

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Mark used to be one of my favorite analysts, but lately he has been a total ass when it comes to discussing the Broncos. I thought this guy used to play for Denver? Too bad he's starting to enter Merril Hoge territory when it comes to the hate.

Today on NFL Live, he even went as far as stating that the Raiders would make the playoffs because of Tim Tebow, while not even mentioning that the Raiders had to win as well...:tsk:

I don't have a problem with objective analysis, but right now he's just being an absolute douchebag.

Schelereth said this morning that orton and his 1td 2ints with the chiefs is playing great and could throw the ball with the bradys and rodgers of the world. Schelereth approach is to hate on denver as much as possible because hes one of the clowns who said we were the laughing stock on the NFL. He realizes his welcome has been worn out in Denver and the fans no longer respect him so hes gone rogue, ESPn has always had something against denver and hes just a guy thats feeding into it now. You notice how hes so irrelevant on espn that everytime he introduces himself or gets introduced he had the person mention 2 times super bowl champion? Lol dude is a nobody IMO now days. Nothing more than a bronco hater.

Tebow is trash but kyle ortons playing great football with 1td and 2int with a 1-1 record and can throw with the best of them like brady and rodgers and brees? schelereth is a clown

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Schelereth said this morning that orton and his 1td 2ints with the chiefs is playing great and could throw the ball with the bradys and rodgers of the world. Schelereth approach is to hate on denver as much as possible because hes one of the clowns who said we were the laughing stock on the NFL. He realizes his welcome has been worn out in Denver and the fans no longer respect him so hes gone rogue, ESPn has always had something against denver and hes just a guy thats feeding into it now. You notice how hes so irrelevant on espn that everytime he introduces himself or gets introduced he had the person mention 2 times super bowl champion? Lol dude is a nobody IMO now days. Nothing more than a bronco hater.

Tebow is trash but kyle ortons playing great football with 1td and 2int with a 1-1 record and can throw with the best of them like brady and rodgers and brees? schelereth is a clown

Actually, he's a three time SB Champion.

dogfish
12-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Actually, he's a three time SB Champion.

was he in washington for their last one, or did he play someplace else?

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
was he in washington for their last one, or did he play someplace else?

He got one with Washington, and two with the Broncos.

elwayisgod
12-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Dont say anything bad about Tebow. He is the greatest qb of all time!!!!!

catfish
12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
What a stupid response if that's what he actually said. Yeah, because a freaking guard made the difference in winning two rings or not. When I think of who the key players on those teams were, I think of Elway, Davis, Sharpe, McCaffery, R. Smith, Nalen, Atwater, Gordon, N. Smith, Pryce, Mobley, Romo, Crockett, Braxton and Elam before Schlereth comes even close to mind.

EDYB8tBL9NI

Jsteve01
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
well honestly after reading some of the posts on our beloved board who can argue with him about fans being dumb? :shrugs:

dogfish
12-29-2011, 07:00 PM
the threads complaining about analysts complaining about tebow are now officially worse than the analysts complaining about tebow. . .

:D

oy, my head hurts!

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
EDYB8tBL9NI

WOW. What an arrogant douche. He is acting like HE is the reason Denver got those two rings. Newsflash Mark. You were a guard. You aren't what tilted the balance in either of those seasons or games.

KCL
12-29-2011, 07:10 PM
the threads complaining about analysts complaining about tebow are now officially worse than the analysts complaining about tebow. . .

:D

oy, my head hurts!

I bet it does!

:hahaha:

I Eat Staples
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Lol. Anyone who is critical of Tebow is a hater and a douche bag. Some things never change.

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Lol. Anyone who is critical of Tebow is a hater and a douche bag. Some things never change.

Who in this thread has said he's a hater or douchebag soley because he is critical of Tebow? Most of us are calling him that because he calls people who disagree with him morons.

topscribe
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Who in this thread has said he's a hater or douchebag soley because he is critical of Tebow? Most of us are calling him that because he calls people who disagree with him morons.

Well, you can start with the OP . . .

KCL
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM

:pound:

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM

His criticism is that Schleteth is over the top and only has negative things to say. Being critical and ONLY saying negative things about a player are two different things. When that segment was filmed, Tebow was 7-1 this season. You don't become a starting QB in the NFL and have a 7-1 stretch to start a season without doing a LITTLE something right. If you can only come up with negative things to say about someone like that, you aren't being very objective.

And you can say the same thing about people like Bayless. Tebow obviously has his shortcomings, and if you only have positive things to say about him, you aren't being very objective either.

Broncos Mtnman
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Well actually, I think he's right about fans voting for the ProBowl.

Broncos Mtnman
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM

Sounds like you have interesting birthday parties....

:lol:

KCL
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Well actually, I think he's right about fans voting for the ProBowl.

I agree...I don't vote..at least 2 Chiefs got in that are very deserving but then again I really don't care but I am happy for them.

Broncos Mtnman
12-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I bet if you made King a bacon cake he'd let you kick him in the nuts every day for the rest of his life.

Who wouldn't? :beer:

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 07:39 PM

How about the fact he called you the (fan) stupid???

catfish
12-29-2011, 07:47 PM

He has apparently spoken to my wife :)

KCL
12-29-2011, 07:47 PM

I know you're not asking me but seriously...you going to get upset/pissed about what someone says about you or the fan base? I mean who really gives a rats ass what this guy thinks? All he is..is a talking head! :blah:

topscribe
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
His criticism is that Schleteth is over the top and only has negative things to say. Being critical and ONLY saying negative things about a player are two different things. When that segment was filmed, Tebow was 7-1 this season. You don't become a starting QB in the NFL and have a 7-1 stretch to start a season without doing a LITTLE something right. If you can only come up with negative things to say about someone like that, you aren't being very objective.

And you can say the same thing about people like Bayless. Tebow obviously has his shortcomings, and if you only have positive things to say about him, you aren't being very objective either.

I can stand to listen to Bayless, oh, about 1.34 seconds . . .

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
The thing about people like Hoge and Schlereth, I do think at the very beginning of the Tebow craze they were being objective in their opinion and really did objectively think he just wasn't capable of playing QB in the NFL. The problem is they both, and others, have staunchly dug their heels in on that stance and refused to ever budge from it, no matter how much evidence to the contrary Tebow has given them. So while they might have given objective opinions at one point, their stubborness and refusal to admit possibly being wrong has clouded their judgement and made them less and less objective.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I know you're not asking me but seriously...you going to get upset/pissed about what someone says about you or the fan base? I mean who really gives a rats ass what this guy thinks? All he is..is a talking head! :blah:

Actually he was calling all fans stupid so that would include you KCL.

I don't dwell on my dislike of him but when someone starts a thread about him I'll go ahead and voice my opinion. It's not as though I'm sitting infront of my Schlereth wall shaking my fists to the heavens shouting "damn you Schlereth! Damn you!"

KCL
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually he was calling all fans stupid so that would include you KCL.

I don't dwell on my dislike of him but when someone starts a thread about him I'll go ahead and voice my opinion. It's not as though I'm sitting infront of my Schlereth wall shaking my fists to the heavens shouting "damn you Schlereth! Damn you!"

If that includes me..I don't care.

Of course you can voice your opinion,nothing wrong with that and I was
voicing mine!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
I've stopped listening to the talking heads altogether. I used to love to watch NFL Total Access, now I don't anymore. It's either a Tebow praise fest or bash fest. Most guys can't make a legitimate argument one way or the other. I know what I've seen watching him, and the rest of the team, play this season so none of the guys on TV are going to change my mind for me.

BroncoStud
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Orton.

BroncoStud
12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I can stand to listen to Bayless, oh, about 1.34 seconds . . .

Orton.

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 09:38 PM

I used one example with Tebow and said that he was a total ass when it comes to anything BRONCOS related. Learn to read.

I Eat Staples
12-29-2011, 09:52 PM

The OP said he used to like Schlereth until he started "hating" on Tebow.

I'm confident that if he knew me personally he'd change his mind. Since he doesn't and never will, his comments don't bother me.

I think the average human being is relatively stupid, so the same could be said about the average fan. Why do you think I left Broncos Country for this place? If you read the posts over there during the McD era, you'd have to agree with Schlereth.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 09:59 PM

Wait. Weren't you one of the posters all up on arms about Maher's comments?

PS - I'm not trying to be a dick, just thought that comment was interesting.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 10:02 PM
The OP said he used to like Schlereth until he started "hating" on Tebow.

Nope. Some of y'all can't read and assume too much. I said BRONCOS. I used the Tebow thing as an example. It is everything Broncos; not just Tebow. Today, he was also harping on Von Miller's weaknesses as well.

"Mark used to be one of my favorite analysts, but lately he has been a total ass when it comes to discussing the Broncos."

Nomad
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I like Stink aka Roc Hoover and I get to see him in commercials up here plus he's in the AK Sports HOF - 2008 inductee. I was told they're trying to get him to come to the All Alaska Football camp in June....it'll be cool because my oldest went last year and both my sons will go this year.

Anyway, didn't read the thread, just jabbering and adding to my post count:lol:

Reidman
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I agree fans should not be allowed to vote for pro bowl, this year has definitely proved that...nothing more than a popularity contest.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM

I think I've figured out the formula for most ESPN studio shows. The producers get with the analysts before the show to discuss what topics they will go over and what everyone's takes are then I think the producers tell the analysts what side of the argument they are going to take because, honestly, who wants to watch a show where everybody agrees with each other?

I think I've watched an ESPN analyst take one position one night and then take the 180-degree opposite position the next time without a blush of hypocrisy. It's what makes trained monkeys like Skip Bayless employed, the ability to be an entire jerk about a position one day and be an entire jerk about just the opposite position the next day without even noticing how stupid they sound.

Krugan
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe he is looking at the situation and giving an honest response to what he sees strictly based on football.

Maybe he is tossing out all the likeable things Tebow brings to the table, and is expecting more from a team he has a tie to.

Not to mention its ESPN, who I feel is losing it slowly by trying to be to big, I mean honestly, do we really need this many channels and every city having to broadcast there damn radio shows...

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
What if he's right?

dogfish
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
What if he's right?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1470/drevilf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/drevilf.jpg/)

TimHippo
12-29-2011, 11:33 PM
When did Schlareth play QB?

He basically spent his whole career not looking at the QB pass the ball.

silver_black
12-30-2011, 03:06 AM

Nope. Some of y'all can't read and assume too much. I said BRONCOS. I used the Tebow thing as an example. It is everything Broncos; not just Tebow. Today, he was also harping on Von Miller's weaknesses as well.

Two things, he followed up his statement on Tebow by saying "obviously Raiders need to win."

Next, he and Bruschi raved (and demonstrated) about Miller's power - pointing out how the cast has limited that power (namely inability to shed blocks) and thus his performance lately.

Full context helps :salute:

I Eat Staples
12-30-2011, 03:11 AM

You compared him to Hoge. Who on the Broncos has Hoge been excessively critical of other than Tebow?

Even the Gator fans say this person or that person is hating on the BRONCOS, when they really mean TEBOW. Excuse me for being skeptical.

Thnikkaman
12-30-2011, 07:49 AM

As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't heard Schlereth say
it verbatim. So I can't respond to this at the moment (other than
I have listened to him multiple times and never heard it).

go through the mike and mike archives during the time period where people were putting up billboards for tebow. he says it multiple times during that time frame.

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Spoton.

Maybe stink is just being honest?

I read some of the chefs want to beat den for nothing more than the fact TT is the qb. Not sure why...maybe theyre tired of the headlines, ad nauseum, as well. :shrugs:

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Hahahahahhahahahahahaa.....

Youre joking, of course.

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Dont throw accolades at TT 24/7 here, and you get kicked in the nuts persistantly.

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Maybe its the over the top/TT is the only one responsible for winning games fans he's directing his comments at?

topscribe
12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Two things, he followed up his statement on Tebow by saying "obviously Raiders need to win."

Next, he and Bruschi raved (and demonstrated) about Miller's power - pointing out how the cast has limited that power (namely inability to shed blocks) and thus his performance lately.

Full context helps :salute:

Thank you. This is why one should not lend much credibility toward a paraphrased statement.

BTW, good to see you, Silver! :wave:

go through the mike and mike archives during the time period where people were putting up billboards for tebow. he says it multiple times during that time frame.

Wish I had time to do all that, but I do work for a living.

I'll just have to let it slide for now. I do heed a lot of what Stink says . . .

chazoe60
12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Dont throw accolades at TT 24/7 here, and you get kicked in the nuts persistantly.

Nah, post like a dick, but only show up after losses and then you get kicked in the nuts.

Ask Rav, he's been a big Tebow critic and nobody's kicking him in the nuts. There are plenty of folks who post their criticisms of Tebow and do just fine, they're not complete douchebags about it like some.

skins_fan82
12-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Funny, because Mark Schlereth used to play for the Redskins as well. And even though they've been bad for a long time, Mark never passes on an opportunity to absolutely DOG the 'Skins.

I no longer like the guy.

spikerman
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I have no problem with Schlereth. If he's not a fan of TT, that's perfectly fine - a lot of people aren't. I'm still on the fence myself on him as a player (I've already made up my mind on him as a person). What I do get annoyed with is all of these former players telling the fans that "they're stupid" or "they don't understand the game". I've got news for all of you former players and coaches - football is not rocket science. You don't have to be a genius to "get it". There are many things in life that are more complex than football.

skins_fan82
12-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah Spikerman, that kinda stuff is hilarious. Former players love getting up on their high horse and tell us peasants that "if you've never played the game, you wouldn't understand."

Bullshit. LOL

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM

There are alot of nfl people that feel the same way.
Just voting your favorite team, en mass, is most likely what shows stupidity. Maybe a better name should be lazy?

skins_fan82
12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
I still can't believe London Fletcher of the Redskins got snubbed by Brian Urlacher.

London Fletcher leads the NFL in tackles, he has more sacks than Urlacher, and he has more forced fumbles than urlacher.

I love Brian Urlacher, but London Fletcher leads him in every big statistical category for linebackers. Like, it's not even close, Fletcher's numbers DESTROY Urlacher's.

Too bad the ProBowl is more of a popularity contest than anything. People see "Urlacher" under inside linebacker and automatically bubble in next to his name without even thinking...

spikerman
12-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Rc, you're right in that the popularity contest knowns as the "Pro Bowl voting" doesn't make the fans look great, but I'm talking about the X's and O's of the game.

Thnikkaman
12-30-2011, 09:54 AM

There are alot of nfl people that feel the same way.
Just voting your favorite team, en mass, is most likely what shows stupidity. Maybe a better name should be lazy?

I can agree with the lazy bit. I will vote for the complete Rockies roster when it comes to MLB all star voting simply due to the fact that I don't want to research who has the best WAR for each position.

BroncoStud
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM
I still can't believe London Fletcher of the Redskins got snubbed by Brian Urlacher.

London Fletcher leads the NFL in tackles, he has more sacks than Urlacher, and he has more forced fumbles than urlacher.

I love Brian Urlacher, but London Fletcher leads him in every big statistical category for linebackers. Like, it's not even close, Fletcher's numbers DESTROY Urlacher's.

Too bad the ProBowl is more of a popularity contest than anything. People see "Urlacher" under inside linebacker and automatically bubble in next to his name without even thinking...

Fletcher got screwed, Urlacher got in on name alone, like Clady, Tebow, Antonio Gates, etc, etc.

TXBRONC
12-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I think the only ex-Bronco that even comes close to speaking good of Timmy is McCafferey. Shannon Sharpe, Alfred Williams, and Schlereth are all pretty wary of him from what I've heard.

At least with Sharpe's colorful analysis taking personal shots at Tebow. Also I've never felt that Sharpe's analysis was an absolute "no Tebow will never ever develop into a good quarterback." He has serious doubts but I've felt he's it's a given Tebow will fail.

skins_fan82
12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Fletcher got screwed, Urlacher got in on name alone, like Clady, Tebow, Antonio Gates, etc, etc.

Right. It really sucks. They're saying that London Fletcher has had the best year of his career, and they were saying statistically that Urlacher had one of his WORST seasons of the past few years.

London Fletcher has 71 more tackles than Urlacher. 71!!!

Fletcher has 2.5 sacks, Urlacher has ZERO.

Fletcher has 3 forced fumbles, Urlacher has ZERO.

A travesty. Somebody on espn radio the other day called it "top 5 greatest probowl snubbs of all time"

And I probably shouldn't care so much because people get snubbed all the time....but as a Redskins fan, we don't have much to cheer for, so Redskins nation is up in arms LOL.

MOtorboat
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Don't get upset about the Pro Bowl, but do get upset if he's not an All-Pro. Those are the awards that count in my mind.

BTW, if Colquitt isn't an all pro it will be a travesty. That dude has been money.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I have no problem with Schlereth. If he's not a fan of TT, that's perfectly fine - a lot of people aren't. I'm still on the fence myself on him as a player (I've already made up my mind on him as a person). What I do get annoyed with is all of these former players telling the fans that "they're stupid" or "they don't understand the game". I've got news for all of you former players and coaches - football is not rocket science. You don't have to be a genius to "get it". There are many things in life that are more complex than football.

I like Schlereth. He reminds me of the big brother telling you what you don't want to hear. I'm on the fence with Tebow but he has his time to prove himself.....I was told QBs have at least a 3 yr window.

As far as not understanding football, I'm sure there is truth if someone has never played collegiate or pro levels. The fundamentals is the same no matter what level you play but the complexity is different at all levels. I'm sure that's what players are referring to.

topscribe
12-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah Spikerman, that kinda stuff is hilarious. Former players love getting up on their high horse and tell us peasants that "if you've never played the game, you wouldn't understand."

Bullshit. LOL

If you haven't played the game, then tell me what it's like to play in the game . . .

catfish
12-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I like Schlereth. He reminds me of the big brother telling you what you don't want to hear. I'm on the fence with Tebow but he has his time to prove himself.....I was told QBs have at least a 3 yr window.

As far as not understanding football, I'm sure there is truth if someone has never played collegiate or pro levels. The fundamentals is the same no matter what level you play but the complexity is different at all levels. I'm sure that's what players are referring to.

the problem being if you haven't had success at the positioin you are analyzing you may be focusing on a "fundamental" that really isn't overall that important. ex. breaking down throwing motion while disregarding footwork. Many QB succeed with a funky throwing motion, none with poor footwork

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Wait. Weren't you one of the posters all up on arms about Maher's comments?

PS - I'm not trying to be a dick, just thought that comment was interesting.

Here are my comments in that thread...do I sound like I'm all up in arms about it? Doesn't look like it to me! Think whatever you want Joe! I've always thought he was a DB whether he's talking about TT or Alice in Wonderland.

Cause of Bill Maher??

BM is a douchebag..consider the source and shrug it off.

He's just pissed that Tebow is a hottie and he is an ugly mother effer..

BroncoWave
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM

If you haven't played the game, then tell me what it's like to play in the game . . .

Some of the most successful pro coaches/GM didn't play college or pro ball. And some of the worst were NFL stars.

Just because you played a sport does NOT automatically make you more qualified to discuss it than someone who did. My work in sports has put me around alot of athletes and they tend on average to be much dumber than the average population.

Usually the former athletes who have to resort to the "You didn't play so you don't understand" line are the ones who are awful at analyzing the game. The ones who are good at it don't have to use that line because people respect their analysis enough not to question it too much. Whenever a former athlete pulls that line I pretty much stop listening to them.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Here are my comments in that thread...do I sound like I'm all up in arms about it? Doesn't look like it to me! Think whatever you want Joe!

Clearly I was thinking of someone else. As I plainly said in my post, I wasn't trying to be a dick. My deepest apology if I somehow offended you. :rolleyes:

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM
the problem being if you haven't had success at the positioin you are analyzing you may be focusing on a "fundamental" that really isn't overall that important. ex. breaking down throwing motion while disregarding footwork. Many QB succeed with a funky throwing motion, none with poor footwork

I believe Tebow's flaws have to do more with the speed of the game and decision making. His footwork can be improved and his throwing motion will probably never change because it's his natural throwing motion and Phillip Rivers is an example that throwing motion isn't the reason.

catfish
12-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Some of the most successful pro coaches/GM didn't play college or pro ball. And some of the worst were NFL stars.

Just because you played a sport does NOT automatically make you more qualified to discuss it than someone who did. My work in sports has put me around alot of athletes and they tend on average to be much dumber than the average population.

Usually the former athletes who have to resort to the "You didn't play so you don't understand" line are the ones who are awful at analyzing the game. The ones who are good at it don't have to use that line because people respect their analysis enough not to question it too much. Whenever a former athlete pulls that line I pretty much stop listening to them.

the only time I feel that comment is valid is if they are guessing at a lockerroom issue or trying to get in a players head to guess what he is thinking. Other than that I agree with you.

topscribe
12-30-2011, 11:17 AM

You are now talking about people who are students of the game, as opposed
to the common fan following the ball while downing beer and chips. I do
believe that those who played the game are much more knowledgeable than
common fans.

But you are correct that just playing the game does not automatically make
one an expert at analyzing its different aspects and the players thereof.
However, if one has not played the game, then one does not know what it is
really like to play the game. That, my friend, is an axiom, not an opinion.

But, to bring it around full circle - as you implied - one does not have to have
played the game to have the kind of understanding it takes to analyze many
aspects of it.

catfish
12-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I believe Tebow's flaws have to do more with the speed of the game and decision making. His footwork can be improved and his throwing motion will probably never change because it's his natural throwing motion and Phillip Rivers is an example that throwing motion isn't the reason.

oh I agree....I was making a general statement about thinking because you played the game you are more qualified to analyze. A guard might think the throwing motion being off is a deal breaker, where as a ex-qb wouldn't think it is important, just as a QB would not have any more expertise than a normal person on the point of technique that make a guard a better guard. THey know what all the parts are, but what are the most important...wasn't trying to make it a Tebow thing, sorry if it came off that way

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Clearly I was thinking of someone else. As I plainly said in my post, I wasn't trying to be a dick. My deepest apology if I somehow offended you. :rolleyes:

What's up with using this ---------> :rolleyes:

Apparently you didn't know what I posted before you made
your comment...no big deal.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2011, 11:24 AM

I meant to select the salute - must have moused over the wrong one.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM

You need to behave Chiefs fans:D:lol:

catfish
12-30-2011, 11:28 AM

KCL is a huge Tebow fan and has stated repeatedly that Tebow is going to win this weekend because he is the greatest thing since sliced bread

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:29 AM

:fight:

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM
:fight:

I don't fight ladies.:)

You gonna party down like it's 1999 tomorrow night.

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:34 AM
KCL is a huge Tebow fan and has stated repeatedly that Tebow is going to win this weekend because he is the greatest thing since sliced bread

I am a huge Tebow fan..can't deny it but I don't want to see him win.I do however want to see Justin Houston or Tamba Hali give him a big hug from
me! :beer:

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM

KCL is the John Gruden of football fans:D

TXBRONC
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM

Not quite.

catfish
I am a huge Tebow fan..can't deny it but I don't want to see him win.I do however want to see Justin Houston or Tamba Hali give him a big hug from
me! :beer:

players on the losing team usually do give the winning qb a hug...so it may happen, your support for Denver is amazing

KCL
I don't fight ladies.:)

You gonna party down like it's 1999 tomorrow night.

I'm sorry..Joe started it..;)

I will probably have a couple of drinks..yes! Nothing major! :D

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
KCL is the John Gruden of football fans:D

what?? Please explain kind sir!

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM

what?? Please explain kind sir!

You like everybody....not a mean bone in ya.

pnbronco
12-30-2011, 11:52 AM

I'm pretty much in the same boat as far still on the fence as TT as player. I have made up my mind on him as a person, but I just don't know how any this will play out.

Anyway while I do agree that football is not rocket science in my mind what they are saying is that because we see a small slice of the pie we don't understand all the interactions of a pro team. Like the Penn State scandal. On paper that guy seemed like a pillar of the community and behind the curtain a total creep. I know that is a extreme example, but much of life is not what we see up front.

I respect Mark and so appreciate him for all he did in Denver as a player. He protected a lot of QB's so in my mind he does know a few things about the position. I won't take the fans are stupid comment personal because I know I'm not.

VonSackemMiller
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Im not accepting being called stupid by anybody, How ignorant does it make schelereth to label millions of people stupid and hes not? Americans are so soft now days, Just let people walk all over you and label you all sorts of things.

**** Mark Schelereth. You can say somebody made a stupid remark but simply calling the denver fans stupid because they like tebow and he doesnt is beyond ignorant.

spikerman
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as far still on the fence as TT as player. I have made up my mind on him as a person, but I just don't know how any this will play out.

Anyway while I do agree that football is not rocket science in my mind what they are saying is that because we see a small slice of the pie we don't understand all the interactions of a pro team. Like the Penn State scandal. On paper that guy seemed like a pillar of the community and behind the curtain a total creep. I know that is a extreme example, but much of life is not what we see up front.

I respect Mark and so appreciate him for all he did in Denver as a player. He protected a lot of QB's so in my mind he does know a few things about the position. I won't take the fans are stupid comment personal because I know I'm not.

I actually like Schlereth a lot too. :)

rationalfan
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
**** Mark Schelereth. You can say somebody made a stupid remark but simply calling the denver fans stupid because they like tebow and he doesnt is beyond ignorant.

meh. this doesn't bother me simply because i've been called "stupid" by so many tebow fans that i'm starting to think they should be able to take it if they're going to dish it out.

hamrob
12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
It's weird just how much some guys want to crucify Tebow.

Why can't they just say that he isn't a very good QB right now, but with his work ethic, anything is possible...and then go on to say, from where they sit, they just don't see it happening.

I mean some of these guys...including Stink...take this whole dilemma surrounding Tebow...way too seriously. It's almost like it's hugely personal to them.

Wow!

VonSackemMiller
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
meh. this doesn't bother me simply because i've been called "stupid" by so many tebow fans that i'm starting to think they should be able to take it if they're going to dish it out.

Im not going to call you stupid as a person because you dislike Tebow, Anybody that does that is the stupid ones, Tebow fanatic or not you cant call somebody stupid, You can say some of the things people say are stupid because everybody says dumb shit from time to time, But to say hey your stupid because you dont believe what i believe in insane. I dont mind Schelereth having his own opinion regardless of how one sided it is, Dont call me stupid because i disagree and act like your better than me because your were a average guard in the league.

topscribe
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
It's weird just how much some guys want to crucify Tebow.

Why can't they just say that he isn't a very good QB right now, but with his work ethic, anything is possible...and then go on to say, from where they sit, they just don't see it happening.

I mean some of these guys...including Stink...take this whole dilemma surrounding Tebow...way too seriously. It's almost like it's hugely personal to them.

Wow!

Yes, it's been that way with QBs, hasn't it?

Plummer . . . Orton . . . Tebow . . .

LordTrychon
12-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Im not going to call you stupid as a person because you dislike Tebow, Anybody that does that is the stupid ones, Tebow fanatic or not you cant call somebody stupid, You can say some of the things people say are stupid because everybody says dumb shit from time to time, But to say hey your stupid because you dont believe what i believe in insane. I dont mind Schelereth having his own opinion regardless of how one sided it is, Dont call me stupid because i disagree and act like your better than me because your were a average guard in the league.

Yeah, I personally feel Schlereth was generalizing when he said fans are stupid. I think that as a group, they are. Individual fans can be smart, as we all see daily... but as a group, fans are stupid.

He also said that players shouldn't be allowed to vote in the Probowl as well.

One of his examples as to what's wrong with the system is that he felt that Chris Kuper should be in the Probowl.

*shrug*

LordTrychon
12-30-2011, 02:42 PM

What, you a Cutler hater or somethin', Top? Eh?

;) :laugh:

topscribe
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
What, you a Cutler hater or somethin', Top? Eh?

;) :laugh:

Yeah, I completely overlooked him. Cutler, however, was a little
different. It seems the general populous defended and supported
him, but after his departure, he seemed to become the
personification of the devil himself with many of the same fans . . .

NightTerror218
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM

Some people are just not happy unless its the next Elway right out of the shoot.

Chef Zambini
12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
They played with Elway. They have high expectations. Not everyone is going to love you. Some you have to force feed. Let Timmy force feed them....if he is, that means the Broncos are winning.

Hell....you are talking about a guy who used to piss his pads every game. :lol:mark S also played with kubiak and brister, as well as greise. he also was a redskin!
of course TT supporters HATE on schlereth, because he is honest and objective !
mark is a great guy until you disagree with him, then suddenly he's a tool.

rationalfan
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM

if only everyone on the internet shared your tact.

seriously, sometimes i'd like to hunt down some of these trolls (tebow or otherwise) just to see if they'd say the same stuff to my face. and, believe me, i'm not intimidating - short, out of shape, weak, plain - but i'm not sure they'd have the stones to do it.

rationalfan
12-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I completely overlooked him. Cutler, however, was a little
different. It seems the general populous defended and supported
him, but after his departure, he seemed to become the
personification of the devil himself with many of the same fans . . .

totally agree.

Bullgator
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
He just hates the Tebow fans... they give him a hard time and he is having a hard time separating his personal feelings for them from his professional opinions.

In short he is not being professional. But I can understand why... he is getting bombarded relentlessly from the Tebowites.

KCL
12-30-2011, 04:32 PM
There you are BG.. :wave:

spikerman
12-30-2011, 04:43 PM
He just hates the Tebow fans... they give him a hard time and he is having a hard time separating his personal feelings for them from his professional opinions.

In short he is not being professional. But I can understand why... he is getting bombarded relentlessly from the Tebowites.

Honestly, and this isn't directed at you or any particular person, but if the Tebow-maniacs inundated him with the same type of over the top praise of Tebow that we saw here on BF then I can understand his reaction.

skins_fan82
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
So many people across the country are tired of all the Tebow talk...they can't stand it.

AND I LOVE IT!

Bullgator
12-30-2011, 05:11 PM
There you are BG.. :wave:

heyas =) yup back from Christmas break. How you been KC?

Bullgator
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Honestly, and this isn't directed at you or any particular person, but if the Tebow-maniacs inundated him with the same type of over the top praise of Tebow that we saw here on BF then I can understand his reaction.

Like I said I can't blame him for feeling that way... although I think it makes him a weak lemming. But I can blame him for going on air with those reactions.

He is not being paid to vent... he i s supposed to be an objective analyst.

MOtorboat
12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Like I said I can't blame him for feeling that way... although I think it makes him a weak lemming. But I can blame him for going on air with those reactions.

He is not being paid to vent... he i s supposed to be an objective analyst.

LOL, Schlereth isn't paid to be objective at all...

catfish
12-30-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL, Schlereth isn't paid to be objective at all...

agreed, he is paid to increase viewers same as the rest of em

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I think its obvious which ones he's addressing.

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Gee. So now miller is what...the "3rd coming"?

He gets pulled from games because he shits the bed too many times.

VonSackemMiller
12-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I think its obvious which ones he's addressing.

Yeah the ones that disagree with him. That makes it better or right? please.

KCL
12-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Im not accepting being called stupid by anybody, How ignorant does it make schelereth to label millions of people stupid and hes not? Americans are so soft now days, Just let people walk all over you and label you all sorts of things.

:lol: Sorry but that part made me laugh...what should we do? Join forces and hunt him down??? :laugh:

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 07:02 PM

I dont believe he said "every single nfl fan is stupid".

If the FBI is wiretapping known terrorists, without a warrant, are you worried theyre listening to you?
:rollseyes:

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Youre a rational fan, rf. ;')

rcsodak
12-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah the ones that disagree with him. That makes it better or right? please.

Its not as simple as right/wrong, imo.

Its overthetop!

MOtorboat
12-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Gee. So now miller is what...the "3rd coming"?

He gets pulled from games because he shits the bed too many times.

Your hate for Miller is almost as inexplicable as your love for Orton.

Miller got pulled from one game. He responded with maybe the defensive game of the year in the NFL with 10 tackles, 2 sacks, a pass deflection to save a TD...(hell, I'm forgetting part of the statline because he did so much...).

People are calling him the best defensive rookie in 10 years, but you're so fixated on Marcel Dareus, you can't see the forest through the trees.

Broncos Mtnman
12-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Yeah, but Plummer deserved it.... :lol:

BroncoWave
12-30-2011, 07:52 PM

Miller got pulled from one game. He responded with maybe the defensive game of the year in the NFL with 10 tackles, 2 sacks, a pass deflection to save a TD...(hell, I'm forgetting part of the statline because he did so much...).

People are calling him the best defensive rookie in 10 years, but you're so fixated on Marcel Dareus, you can't see the forest through the trees.

No, clearly he's not that good due to his struggles the last few weeks having a club on one hand and hitting the wall that 90% of rookies hit.

catfish
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
No, clearly he's not that good due to his struggles the last few weeks having a club on one hand and hitting the wall that 90% of rookies hit.

he struggled against two of the best pass block lines in the nfl with a club on his hand he must suck:rolleyes:

chazoe60
12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I wish EFX would have passed on a once in a generation player and drafted an average DT.

VonSackemMiller
12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
People hating on Miller? Lol wow this dudes hand is the ONLY reason he has slowed down, Its not a wall or anything. Miller= un blockable when he can get his hands in a Olinemens chest and bullrush along with spin off of him, that sets up his speed rush. SO of course he has been MIA the last couple weeks. If pass rushing was all about sprinting around a guy without putting your hands on him then jarvis moss would have been a beast.

Ravage!!!
12-30-2011, 10:56 PM

Sounds like you have a problem w anyone that says something negative/honest about the broncos....or tebow.

Yes, he played for the broncos and when he says something negative its not being a douche....no more than he is when saying something positive.

Some just need to realize that not everyone is a douche for not blowing roses up tebows a-hole.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Stink is great - and obviously, he is entitled to his own opinions, just like everyone is. I have also heard him say that he hopes Tebow proves him wrong.

Ravage!!!
12-30-2011, 11:05 PM
:laugh: at rc's criticisms of Miller

MOtorboat
12-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Stink is great - and obviously, he is entitled to his own opinions, just like everyone is. I have also heard him say that he hopes Tebow proves him wrong.

No, no, no. Stink is a complete douche bag who was only talented enough to play guard in the NFL and should not be allowed to share his opinion of the god-like, saint who plays quarterback for the Denver Broncos currently.

chazoe60
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
It's not just his opinion about Tebow guys. His act has just grown tiresome for me. And his "fans are stupid" kick he's been on lately has just pushed me over the edge.

BroncoWave
12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Sounds like you have a problem w anyone that says something negative/honest about the broncos....or tebow.

Yes, he played for the broncos and when he says something negative its not being a douche....no more than he is when saying something positive.

Some just need to realize that not everyone is a douche for not blowing roses up tebows a-hole.

So saying things like "fans are stupid" and "boo me all you want, I brought your city two super bowls" aren't douchey things to say? Cool. Notice how neither of those things were about Tebow. People like you make things about Tebow more than some of his staunchest supporters sometimes it seems.

Ravage!!!
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
No. If mark is bragging about the broncos, their play, and/or the qb....there isnt a problem.

The problem stems because the talking heads get so many ridiculouse insulting emails,tweets,phone calls, blogs, and comments the moment they say something negative about tebow, that they fire back (boo me all you want is a perfect example).

Schlereth is fine. The douches, are those constantly wanting nothing but flowery comments about their favorite team....or qb.

Hes not a player any more, but some STILL think he should bow down and kiss the "fan's" asses even when they jump on him for doing his job as an analyst. Now you think any comments about the douchness of some fans, puts him over the line. Irony at its best.

For the record, in general, fans are stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2011, 11:53 PM
It's not just his opinion about Tebow guys. His act has just grown tiresome for me. And his "fans are stupid" kick he's been on lately has just pushed me over the edge.

I have listened to Stink a lot on the fan, and he was talking one day about the "hate mail" he had received, because of his comments in regards to Tebow. For anyone who has followed the Broncos for years, and moreso, knows about Stink, he has had an incredible amount of surgeries, and he just kept on truckin. and I don't blame him for being upset because people have turned on him, have forgot everything he did for the Broncos, because he has his own opinion in regards to Tebow. As I said before, I have heard him say he hopes Tebow proves him wrong.

BroncoWave
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
I have listened to Stink a lot on the fan, and he was talking one day about the "hate mail" he had received, because of his comments in regards to Tebow. For anyone who has followed the Broncos for years, and moreso, knows about Stink, he has had an incredible amount of surgeries, and he just kept on truckin. and I don't blame him for being upset because people have turned on him, have forgot everything he did for the Broncos, because he has his own opinion in regards to Tebow. As I said before, I have heard him say he hopes Tebow proves him wrong.

Just because he's received hate mail doesn't justify him stooping to that level. I thought he was a big tough NFL offensive lineman. He should have thicker skin than that.

VonSackemMiller
12-31-2011, 12:29 AM

In all honesty im suppose to care about his surgeries and how he kept coming back? Theres thousands of average players who kept having surgeries and kept coming back. Im suppose to accept him calling me stupid because he had surgeries in a sport that many people have surgeries in? Stink was a average player. Could careless about him as a player. He wasnt the (missing piece) he just so happend to come to Denver around the right time. If he wants to attack certain fans then attack certain fans. He called BRONCOS fans stupid along with every other fan of every other team. Millions of people (most who never sent him hate mail) are now being insulted because poor ole Mark schelereth had surgeries and recieved some hate mail. Sorry not good enough.

An im better than you attitude and insults dont fly over surgeries, The dude was average anyway.

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 02:48 AM

Pretty sure he gets pulled more often than you recognize.

Like, the buff game.

And quit being a jackwad.

Just because i'm critical of a player, i'm no less a fan of the team than you are.
And once he becomes less of a liability, I'll get more optimistic.

Dareus was a disruptive force last week. Miller? Not-so-much.

This _efense needs stud dlinemen. Dareus would've been a heck of a start.

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 02:50 AM

:hi5:

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 02:51 AM
:laugh: at rc's criticisms of Miller
:low5:

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 02:52 AM
So man-up and ignore him.

Or dont and complain.

:coffee:

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 03:07 AM
In all honesty im suppose to care about his surgeries and how he kept coming back? Theres thousands of average players who kept having surgeries and kept coming back. Im suppose to accept him calling me stupid because he had surgeries in a sport that many people have surgeries in? Stink was a average player. Could careless about him as a player. He wasnt the (missing piece) he just so happend to come to Denver around the right time. If he wants to attack certain fans then attack certain fans. He called BRONCOS fans stupid along with every other fan of every other team. Millions of people (most who never sent him hate mail) are now being insulted because poor ole Mark schelereth had surgeries and recieved some hate mail. Sorry not good enough.

An im better than you attitude and insults dont fly over surgeries, The dude was average anyway.
Lol
Not many "average" players lineup for 12yrs in the nfl. Especially after 15 surgeries on one knee.
He was instrumental in the SB's he got rings for. He wasnt on the bench....he was starting.
Don't try to dilute someone's accomplishments just because you can. Nobody is asking you about your background as you pontificate on the merits of the stupidity of fans, or the doucheness of an ex-player.

VonSackemMiller
12-31-2011, 04:08 AM
Defend the average Shelereth and hate on a von miller? Great

Anyway Schelereth was an average player at the end of the day, He wasnt a differance maker, Hes not better than me and he doesnt have any type of right to call anybody stupid. Wake me up when shelereth becomes known as one of the best guards in the history of the game. and not a guy known for making outrageous disses towards fans on a weak network. shelereth could never have a job on nfl network because he is a clown and a nobody. ESPN he fits right in with the rest of the clowns. **** mark schelereth and it has nothing to do with his opinion on tebow. its his im better than you so shut up your stupid mentallity and he was nothing more than a average guard.

chazoe60
12-31-2011, 10:17 AM
So man-up and ignore him.

Or dont and complain.

:coffee:

I don't listen to his show anymore.
I can still voice my opinion on him.

Cugel
12-31-2011, 01:24 PM

Well, wouldn't you be if you made your living as an analyst? Especially if you were a former player who played with John Elway and knew how a GOOD NFL QB is supposed to be able to throw?

Tebow came into the league looking like a caricature of a college QB who's completely out of his depth. He wasn't throwing like a rookie who is a bit raw. He was just flat beyond horrible.

And, at the same time he had a vast legion of admirers who kept insisting that he was the second coming! That really pissed off the professionals who noted that Tebow, after doing NOTHING in the league had more press than Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady put together.

Both Schlereth and Alfred Williams staked positions that Tebow was just not an NFL caliber QB. They might even be right in the end, but where they went off the rails was in denying that he could improve.

Basically it looked like they were right until Tebow started throwing some accurate passes. That development is frankly a LOT more important than the stat that everybody goes on and on about -- wins.

The Broncos aren't going anywhere this season even if the make the playoffs. So, the only thing that matters is whether Tebow can learn to be an accurate NFL passer.

Well, both extremes are wrong at this point. All the Tebow worshipers who kept saying "See! I told you so!" are having to shut the hell up now that Tebow has been turning the ball over and playing like garbage the last two games. And if the Broncos win this Sunday they'll still be wrong to insist that it's a "given" that he will succeed in the NFL. We flat don't know at this point. He's still a crappy passer overall, even if he does run very well.

But, those who say he can't learn like Schlereth and Williams are equally guilty at this point, because he has thrown some accurate passes. Which means he might learn to throw MORE accurate passes from the pocket, especially if he gets to work with the coaches over the off-season. We won't know that until next August.

Regardless of what happens against the Chiefs he's improved over the course of the season. The miserable performance against Buffalo does not totally erase that. And that's what counts.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM

When did Stink call NFL fans stupid and dumb - was it on ESPN, or on the fan?

BroncoWave

Like, the buff game.

Just because i'm critical of a player, i'm no less a fan of the team than you are.

So you have an example of ONE game, a game in which he was playing with a club, which neutralizes a hand which is instrumental in why he is such a good pass rusher and tackler. Unbelievable.

Denver Native (Carol)

When did Stink call NFL fans stupid and dumb - was it on ESPN, or on the fan, and exactly what was the topic about, which, if said, prompted his comment?

BroncoWave
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Both. He does it quite often.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Both. He does it quite often.

What is the topic when he says that?

spikerman
12-31-2011, 01:31 PM

Like, the buff game.

I was opposed to the Miller pick when the Broncos first selected him. Not because I didn't think he would be a good player, but because this team has neglected the interior D-line for years. I have changed my mind and see now that Miller can be a game changer. Denver still needs to focus on getting a quality, if not a stud, DT. I'm not hopeful, though, after Elway gave an interview before the season talking about what positions were most important for creating a winning team and DT wasn't one of the positions mentioned. I'm glad the Broncos drafted Miller (even over Dareus), but if they don't focus on DT in the future they're going to continue to struggle to stop the run. Also, the reason QB's like Brady chew up the Denver defense is because none of the DT's on the roster can push the pocket. Pressure in the face of a great QB is much more effective than an outside rush.

BroncoWave
12-31-2011, 01:31 PM
What is the topic when he says that?

The two I remember distinctly are Pro Bowl voting and Tebow. He's said it about other topics but I don't remember what they are right off the top of my head.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2011, 01:39 PM
The two I remember distinctly are Pro Bowl voting and Tebow. He's said it about other topics but I don't remember what they are right off the top of my head.

Well - I do think that would apply to the pro bowl in some instances. I heard the comment on ESPN, after the pro bowl selection this year, and the comment was not made by Stink, but whoever it was, said that Rivers did not deserve to be in the pro bowl this year. We all know that many fans vote for players on their team, whether they deserve to be in the pro bowl or not.

Also, in regards to saying that fans are stupid and dumb in regards to Tebow, that statement also is valid - just read some of the comments on this board - some are stupid - whether they are positive or negative comments.

chazoe60
12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Some of the same people who rail on Tebow fans for never admitting Tebow screwed up are the same people defending Schlereth tooth and nail for being a jerk.

BroncoWave
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Well - I do think that would apply to the pro bowl in some instances. I heard the comment on ESPN, after the pro bowl selection this year, and the comment was not made by Stink, but whoever it was, said that Rivers did not deserve to be in the pro bowl this year. We all know that many fans vote for players on their team, whether they deserve to be in the pro bowl or not.

Also, in regards to saying that fans are stupid and dumb in regards to Tebow, that statement also is valid - just read some of the comments on this board - some are stupid - whether they are positive or negative comments.

You don't say that though if you want fans (his audience) to take anything you say seriously. But if his intent is just to get a reaction out of people (which I strongly believe it is) then he's going about it the right way I suppose.

And as for the Pro Bowl, fans only have 1/3 of the vote. Players and coaches have 2/3. So to use the "fans are stupid" line to complain about Pro Bowlers is kinda a copout.

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 01:52 PM
So you have an example of ONE game, a game in which he was playing with a club, which neutralizes a hand which is instrumental in why he is such a good pass rusher and tackler. Unbelievable.

Watch him and the line. Watch where the rb gets big runs. Watch him take himself out of the play.

Sacks are nice. But theyre not the endall. Theyre pretty in the stats line. But ultimately, when avg rb's are gashing his area for huge gains, thats where games are won/lost.

Haggen raplace him, and he stopped runs. Hunter even replaced him, but ugh.

Like i said, he needs to improve. Elvis has, so theres hope.

MOtorboat
12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
It is unfathomable to me that anyone would complain about Miller.

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
I was opposed to the Miller pick when the Broncos first selected him. Not because I didn't think he would be a good player, but because this team has neglected the interior D-line for years. I have changed my mind and see now that Miller can be a game changer. Denver still needs to focus on getting a quality, if not a stud, DT. I'm not hopeful, though, after Elway gave an interview before the season talking about what positions were most important for creating a winning team and DT wasn't one of the positions mentioned. I'm glad the Broncos drafted Miller (even over Dareus), but if they don't focus on DT in the future they're going to continue to struggle to stop the run. Also, the reason QB's like Brady chew up the Denver defense is because none of the DT's on the roster can push the pocket. Pressure in the face of a great QB is much more effective than an outside rush.
Totally agree.

Up front pressure keeps qb's like brady from stepping up in the pocket when side pressure comes.

This team needs a wide body with a motor.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Watch him and the line. Watch where the rb gets big runs. Watch him take himself out of the play.

Sacks are nice. But theyre not the endall. Theyre pretty in the stats line. But ultimately, when avg rb's are gashing his area for huge gains, thats where games are won/lost.

Haggen raplace him, and he stopped runs. Hunter even replaced him, but ugh.

Like i said, he needs to improve. Elvis has, so theres hope.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/stories-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

This article refutes basically everything you say about Miller. It even claims he's the best 4-3 OLB against the run. While I wouldn't go quite that far, he has looked good against the run to me, and isn't anywhere near the liability you claim he is.

He's struggled with a club on his hand for obvious reasons. I was more disappointed by the fact that he hasn't been getting sacks than his run defense. Tackling an NFL RB with one hand is not easy.

MOtorboat
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/stories-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

This article refutes basically everything you say about Miller. It even claims he's the best 4-3 OLB against the run. While I wouldn't go quite that far, he has looked good against the run to me, and isn't anywhere near the liability you claim he is.

He's struggled with a club on his hand for obvious reasons. I was more disappointed by the fact that he hasn't been getting sacks than his run defense. Tackling an NFL RB with one hand is not easy.

Exactly...

To say sacks just look pretty on a stat sheet is pretty naive. A sack is by far the most disruptive play for an offense, outside of maybe a holding penalty.

Look at where the money is...Quarterback, Left Tackle, Pass Rusher, Cornerback. Those are the most coveted positions on the field.

horsepig
12-31-2011, 04:54 PM

I love the comment by somebody here that it's like --just what Orton wants to see! Von Miller with a ******* club in his hand! :laugh:

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 06:30 PM

Who is sam monson?

MOtorboat
12-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Who is sam monson?

That's all you got?

chazoe60
12-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Who is sam monson?

Who is rcsodak?

VonSackemMiller
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM

ESPN MIKE AND MIKE SHOW. He sat there and said NFL fans are stupid. no sugar coating it.

VonSackemMiller
12-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Who is sam monson?

You do know the Bills are ranked 28th vs the run, So much for your boy anchoring that DL. Remember little reggie bush? He ran up the middle for 200 on your boy. Nfl playbook showed video of your boy being pancaked and pushed around. :laugh:

topscribe
12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
When did Stink call NFL fans stupid and dumb - was it on ESPN, or on the fan, and exactly what was the topic about, which, if said, prompted his comment?

Good questions. All I have seen is paraphrasing. I'm not saying yea or nay at
this point, but I'm not inclined just to take paraphrasing as gospel because, not
only can it by itself lead one to false conclusions, but the context isn't there,
and the context is needed to know just what was (and wasn't) said . . .

catfish
12-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Good questions. All I have seen is paraphrasing. I'm not saying yea or nay at
this point, but I'm not inclined just to take paraphrasing as gospel because, not
only can it by itself lead one to false conclusions, but the context isn't there,
and the context is needed to know just what was (and wasn't) said . . .

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7379978

the context is Tebow getting voted into the pro-bowl...he says players are stupid too, I think it is more in that fans/players are not qualified to be part of the process as they are too caught up in hype. Of course he could have just said that. He does basically say with all due respect, and per Ricky Bobby that means whatever he says is ok :)

KCL
12-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Here is the video of MS talking about TT in case any of you haven't watched it.He gives TT a lot of praise but also points out his flaws.I don't see what is so bad about what he says.It's probably not any different than what several people have said.It's the 9th video down.

http://search.espn.go.com/mark-schlereth/videos/6

topscribe
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7379978

the context is Tebow getting voted into the pro-bowl...he says players are stupid too, I think it is more in that fans/players are not qualified to be part of the process as they are too caught up in hype. Of course he could have just said that. He does basically say with all due respect, and per Ricky Bobby that means whatever he says is ok :)

That's what I thought. So, in effect, he said fans are stupid and players are
stupid. And he was a player. Oh, the thin skins . . .

catfish
12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
he actually meant players that are voting for the pro-bowl...my guess is he feels it is analysts that should be making the decisions

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2011, 10:11 PM
he actually meant players that are voting for the pro-bowl...my guess is he feels it is analysts that should be making the decisions

Maybe - maybe not - he was a player for a long time, and players voted then, just as they do now. Possibly, he might feel that only coaches should vote. None of us are sure who he feels should vote.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Here is the video of MS talking about TT in case any of you haven't watched it.He gives TT a lot of praise but also points out his flaws.I don't see what is so bad about what he says.It's probably not any different than what several people have said.It's the 9th video down.

http://search.espn.go.com/mark-schlereth/videos/6

That was when Bayless was here in Denver doing his show.

catfish
12-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe - maybe not - he was a player for a long time, and players voted then, just as they do now. Possibly, he might feel that only coaches should vote. None of us are sure who he feels should vote.

I was basing my guess on him thinking analysts are the only one with the proper amount of time during the season to actually watch all the players in question(hence why players are "stupid" when it comes to the voting), but as with 99% of the statements on the board it is just a guess. I am actually not disagreeing with him if that is what he thinks

pnbronco
01-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I was basing my guess on him thinking analysts are the only one with the proper amount of time during the season to actually watch all the players in question(hence why players are "stupid" when it comes to the voting), but as with 99% of the statements on the board it is just a guess. I am actually not disagreeing with him if that is what he thinks

That's what he said this last week. That players are doing their own thing and only see highlights of certain players or know them on their rep so that's who they vote for. Esp if you are in the NFC and voting for AFC guys.

As far as the fans go I think he said something like a fan told him that they only voted for players on their team. I think many fans vote with their heart and not their head, I have. Plus I've seen that Tebow has a lot of followers that know very little about football and think he's just the best for a different reason. So it's no real surprise that he would be voted so high by fans where there are many other QB's that have stronger QB skills.

yuhateme80
01-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Y does mark have to always say something nice bout Denver he played for redskins to n he rips them when he see fit to I love my broncos but I not a tebow fan yet he hasn't shown me anything

BroncoJoe
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Y does mark have to always say something nice bout Denver he played for redskins to n he rips them when he see fit to I love my broncos but I not a tebow fan yet he hasn't shown me anything

Punctuation is your friend.

turftoad
01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
ESPN MIKE AND MIKE SHOW. He sat there and said NFL fans are stupid. no sugar coating it.

I watched this and agree. No sugar coating for the Tebow fanatics. He called it like it is and wasn't worried about hurting Tebowmaniacs feelings.

I agreed with him.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh well i dont care about this anymore. **** mark schelereth

Chef Zambini
01-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Punctuation is your friend.a long lost friend

Poet
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM

You are a fine gambler.

VonSackemMiller
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
where has mark schelereth been on espn??? nowhere to be found. lol espn dont even want him on the network after tebow plays well.

Tned
01-10-2012, 02:28 PM
where has mark schelereth been on espn??? nowhere to be found. lol espn dont even want him on the network after tebow plays well.

I think he's only on NFL Live Wed-Friday each week. Also, he's got a new radio show on ESPN Radio 5-8 MST each night, which I didn't get a chance to hear yesterday, so I don't know what he said about the Broncos win.

VonSackemMiller
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Id love to see how he spins it. probably the way trent dilfer did. well the steelers defense was hobbled, well the steelers shoulda did this did that. I hate espn. if it wasnt for a few of there employees i wouldnt even watch there football coverage.

MOtorboat
01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Uh, oh...Elway was non committal about Tebow on Stink's show tonight...

And T, his co host just said tonight was their first night.

Tned
01-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Uh, oh...Elway was non committal about Tebow on Stink's show tonight...

And T, his co host just said tonight was their first night.

I just assumed it started yesterday, since it was listed as M-F, so figured they would have started yesterday.

I forgot all about it this afternoon and didn't listen.

Was Stink as insistent that the future QB of the Broncos isn't on the roster? He had started to waiver on that, but with the three game losing streak, seemed to be moving back to that position.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I just assumed it started yesterday, since it was listed as M-F, so figured they would have started yesterday.

I forgot all about it this afternoon and didn't listen.

Was Stink as insistent that the future QB of the Broncos isn't on the roster? He had started to waiver on that, but with the three game losing streak, seemed to be moving back to that position.

Only caught the Elway interview. Going to see if I can find a podcast tomorrow.

DenBronx
01-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Schlereth is a former Bronco I really don't care for anymore.

I would gladly listen to Bill Romanowski over this tool and that's hard given the fact that he went to the raiders and now loves them. But we all know deep down Romo bleeds orange and blue....just needed a some cash and he sold his soul to the devil.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Schlereth is a former Bronco I really don't care for anymore.

I would gladly listen to Bill Romanowski over this tool and that's hard given the fact that he went to the raiders and now loves them. But we all know deep down Romo bleeds orange and blue....just needed a some cash and he sold his soul to the devil.

Why? Because he's been truthful and does his job being objective?

DenBronx
01-11-2012, 12:56 AM

Yes, I hate it when people are truthful.

vhatever
01-11-2012, 01:01 AM

The only thing "objective" about schlereth is what's lodged up his rectum. It's too bad the mods here decided to remove my original post from when tebow was first named the starter regarding "Stink's" opinion, when he said even if Tebow won a playoff game he wouldn't be the starter next year.

How you mods doing, btw?

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
The only thing "objective" about schlereth is what's lodged up his rectum. It's too bad the mods here decided to remove my original post from when tebow was first named the starter regarding "Stink's" opinion, when he said even if Tebow won a playoff game he wouldn't be the starter next year.

How you mods doing, btw?

And what if Schlereth is right?

vhatever
01-11-2012, 01:48 AM
And what if Schlereth is right?

Then I'm proven right, and unfortunately it will be another 10 years before this team is relevant again.

Poet
01-11-2012, 01:52 AM
* Schelereth's opinion on Tebow is over the top.
* I have read too many stupid things NFL players have said in their 'analysis' to think that they automatically know more than anyone who spends time studying.
* Analysists who are too stubborn to ever switch their stance or ever admit that they may be wrong/could be wrong suck. Weak-assed attempts at this like Skip Bayless' don't count either.
*Stink is a fine analyst and usually a pleasure to listen to/watch. I like him a lot.

That's pretty much how I feel about content that's relevant to this thread.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Then I'm proven right, and unfortunately it will be another 10 years before this team is relevant again.

You mean like how people said Denver wouldn't be relevant for 10 years two years ago?

Believe it or not, there are other quarterbacks out there than Tim Tebow. I know it's hard to believe...

DenBronx
01-11-2012, 03:06 AM
* Schelereth's opinion on Tebow is over the top.
* I have read too many stupid things NFL players have said in their 'analysis' to think that they automatically know more than anyone who spends time studying.
* Analysists who are too stubborn to ever switch their stance or ever admit that they may be wrong/could be wrong suck. Weak-assed attempts at this like Skip Bayless' don't count either.
*Stink is a fine analyst and usually a pleasure to listen to/watch. I like him a lot.

That's pretty much how I feel about content that's relevant to this thread.

alot of these guys are over the top one way or the other mainly for tv ratings.

the one show that seems to be level headed is nfl networks total access. 1st take is about one guy taking a stance on a topic and the other guy seeing how much they can prove it wrong. it's way over the top but...i still like to watch it because its funny to me. i can tolerate stephen a smith because he really doesnt know football and most of the time is just trying to get to skip on the subject.

in regards to schelereth, it's just extremely hard for him to admit when he's wrong about something and it almost puts him up there with merril hoge in the biggest tool category.