PDA

View Full Version : Why I'll always miss Forsberg in an Avs uni...

SR
02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
From last night.

(If someone wants to embed this for me, feel free)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi3-1QJWMJg&fmt=18

studbucket
02-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Bi3-1QJWMJg&fmt=18

There you go.

BroncoAV06
02-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Fopa!

Wonder what the over under is on how many more ads they ad to the jersey's and ice.

SR
02-16-2009, 03:10 AM
Such an amazing goal. How he saw that opening and put it there is beyond me.

LordTrychon
02-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Such an amazing goal. How he saw that opening and put it there is beyond me.

Agreed... I don't watch as much hockey as I have at times... but Forsberg will be missed.

underrated29
02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
yep...Pure sickness!

Sad we wont see him again...And Joe is now gone forever.

ahh the glory days.

SR
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
yep...Pure sickness!

Sad we wont see him again...And Joe is now gone forever.

ahh the glory days.

Huh? :confused:

Watchthemiddle
02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
This Avs team....errr.....former Avs team reminds me soooooo much of the former Broncos team of the SB era.

Sakit, Fors, Foote in his prime, Drury ( dude just showed up in the playoffs), and the list goes on....

Elway, SHarpe, TD, Eddy Mac, R SMith, Atwater...

Fors reminds me of Atwater on ice.

underrated29
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Huh? :confused:

The guy on my team said that Joe, if he does not make it back this year-Which he wont- he is going to hang 'em up....

He also says we are going to be very active in FA this year.

PS- in the fopa coming back thread,i got mixed up. I told you he said peter was probably going to make it back. I caught the tail end of that conversation...They were talking about cummers.....being sent down and us going to call him up next year, etc. etc.

underrated29
02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
This Avs team....errr.....former Avs team reminds me soooooo much of the former Broncos team of the SB era.

Sakit, Fors, Foote in his prime, Drury ( dude just showed up in the playoffs), and the list goes on....

Elway, SHarpe, TD, Eddy Mac, R SMith, Atwater...

Fors reminds me of Atwater on ice.

he reminds me of TD on ice. NO ONE COULD STOP EITHER OF THEM.

I would put atwater into the borque category.--You just dont want to be around him when he is patrolling his side of the field/ice- he will put you down.

But thats just me.

SR
02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
The guy on my team said that Joe, if he does not make it back this year-Which he wont- he is going to hang 'em up....

He also says we are going to be very active in FA this year.

Point number one. It wouldn't surprise me if Joe hung them up, but I don't think he will. Next year the Olympics are in Vancouver. He wants to represent Canada in his home town in the 2010 winter games. And tell the guy on your team he is a teetard. Just saw this on ESPN.

Point two. Duh.

DENVER -- The Colorado Avalanche remain confident that captain Joe Sakic will return to the ice this season after he recovers from a back operation and three broken fingers.

Sakic mangled his left hand in a snow blower accident in December and while he was sidelined he underwent surgery to repair a herniated disk that had been bothering him all season.

"We're still optimistic and hopeful that he'll be able to return at some point this year," coach Tony Granato said Tuesday after the morning skate. "He's been around a lot, he's upbeat and still gung-ho about giving it a run to get back."

Sakic almost retired after a trying 2007-08 season in which he missed 38 games following hernia surgery. But he decided to return for a 20th season on the eve of training camp.

It's been another injury-riddled season for Sakic, who also missed a game with a tooth infection.

"If there's one guy you know who will do everything he can to make sure he gets back, it's Joe," Granato said.

The 39-year-old center has played in just 15 games this season with two goals and 10 assists, watching the Avalanche sink into unfamiliar territory -- last place in the Western Conference.

The Avs (26-30-0-1 heading into their game Tuesday night against Ottawa) have never been below .500 this late in the season.

"It's difficult to look at the standings right now," Milan Hejduk said. "But [there are] a lot of games left and you never know what can happen."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3913841

underrated29
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Hope Joe makes it back. There arent that many games left to be played. What he got 2 months total?

SR
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Joe has said for the past couple of years he wants to play in Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I think that is his motivation for not retiring until after next year. Personally, I don't think Joe will go until Joe is ready to go. Minus his back injury and his fingers, he's had pretty much an entire season to rest his body and get healthy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if Joe came back next season and had 70-80 points in 60-70 games. In my opinion, as long as Joe is a point per game player, he will keep playing. He plays the game like he's 25, not 35.

Foppa's foot is hurt again. Looks like he's about to retire from hockey for good. Makes me sad. I hope he makes the HOF one day.

Broncospsycho77
02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
:(

I get flashbacks like this all the time... even to just last year's mini-playoff run.