PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' 2012 schedule

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2011, 02:00 AM
If Broncos win this Sunday....

Broncos will play against AFC North Teams. Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns,

AFC East: Patriots (finished in the same place in their division.)

AFC South: Texans (finished in the same place in their division.)

NFC South: Saints, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Panthers

Tough Schedule in season 2012.

Davii
12-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Yes it is... Some tough games on that schedule!

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Seems like we get stuck with an extremely tough schedule every year.

I know that not any game in the NFL is easy, but dang...

shank
12-29-2011, 02:40 AM
19-0

FanInAZ
12-29-2011, 02:52 AM
I knew that the NFL uses a template to produce the schedules. I knew that part of the template called for all teams to play all of their division rivals twice and all of the teams in one of the opposite conference's divisions. However, I didn't know that every team played all of the teams in one of their own conferences divisions, as well as the teams finished the previous year in the same place standings in their conference's remaining two divisions.

Denver's 2011 schedule is indeed perfectly in line with this template. The only question left, where did you go to find out that will be playing the AFC North & NFC South next year?

Magnificent Seven
12-29-2011, 03:30 AM
I knew that the NFL uses a template to produce the schedules. I knew that part of the template called for all teams to play all of their division rivals twice and all of the teams in one of the opposite conference's divisions. However, I didn't know that every team played all of the teams in one of their own conferences divisions, as well as the teams finished the previous year in the same place standings in their conference's remaining two divisions.

Denver's 2011 schedule is indeed perfectly in line with this template. The only question left, where did you go to find out that will be playing the AFC North & NFC South next year?

2008- NFC South
2009- NFC East
2010- NFC West
2011 NFC North

2009-AFC North
2010- AFC South
2011- AFC East

In Season 2012, Broncos will play against NFC South teams and AFC North teams.

MasterShake
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Aside from the perennial teams like the Saints and New England, its hard to say how good those teams (or us for that matter will be next year). This team has got me excited again, so bring it on!:lol:

Also my friend moved back to New Orleans last year. If we play the Saints there, I may have to take a trip down.

camdisco24
12-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll do everything I can do attend the Panthers game in Charlotte. I read somewhere that will be an away game I think...

Certainly a tough schedule though!

skins_fan82
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM

Broncos will play against AFC North Teams. Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns,

Dude, holy shit... :shocked:

Thnikkaman
12-29-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll do everything I can do attend the Panthers game in Charlotte. I read somewhere that will be an away game I think...

Certainly a tough schedule though!

I hope that is a late december game since I end up in the carolinas every december

camdisco24
12-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Thats what i hope too. That way it wont interfere with school for me. Gonna be an interesting game with tebow vs. Newton.

Traveler
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
If this plays out, hopefully the game against the Falcons is here in ATL. I'll take the entire family!

vandammage13
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
The schedule does look daunting, but a lot of people were saying that about this year, and it turned out not to be so bad.

The Glue Factory
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Digging into that a little. We've got Bengals, Browns, Bucs and Panthers that should be among the easier games. Add to that the potentially soft games against the Chiefs and Chargers. Doesn't really look any harder than this years schedule when we were looking at starting Week 1.

Time will tell as any team can turn around quickly due to coaching/player changes and injuries. Division rivals have been unstable lately and could become 3 to 6 of our easier games.

BORDERLINE
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Why do we always play the damn BENGALS????

really it's like 3 straight years right?

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
We get the Panthers and Falcons in Denver. New Orleans and Tampa Bay on the road.

Traveler
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
We get the Panthers and Falcons in Denver. New Orleans and Tampa Bay on the road.

Why are you trying to kill my dream?:eek:

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Looks good, CANT WAIT.

NightTerror218
12-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Why do we always play the damn BENGALS????

really it's like 3 straight years right?

why do we always get the pats? Mover 3 yrs now it seems like.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
If we lose to the Chiefs and the Raiders beat the Chargers, then you can substitute the Patriots and Texans for probably the Jets and the Titans. The rest of the schedule remains the same.

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
If we have a good draft and bring in a DT,CB and a couple play makers for tebow on offense then we will be able to compete with the Saints and the Falcons of the world. But i love having such a tough schedule. Next year week in and week out we will face a good team. Gives you a good idea of where your at personell wise.

FanInAZ
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM

Of those 10 teams, 7 of them: Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Patriots, Texans, Saints and Falcons have winning records.

The Bengals are not only the only one of those 7 who will not make the play-offs this year, but is also the only one that has to prove that 2011 wasn't a fluke.

Although the Buccaneers are 4-11 right now, they did start off the season 4-2. Unfortunately, they went to London and not only lost the game to the Bears, but they apparently lost their passports to come back to the states. This must be why a group of imposters have taken their place & ruined their season. If the real Buccaneers can return back to the states in time for 2012, they might be able to be the team that started off 4-2 after finishing 10-6 in 2010.

The Panthers have a chance to finish 7-9 this year. That means that they may be 1 or 2 pieces away from fielding a serious play-off contender.

As far as the Brown, I'll let King have fun commentating about them.

Don’t forget about the Raiders & Chiefs whom we will have to play twice each. Both of them were serious contenders for the division this year before losing their starting QBs. The Raiders still have a chance of taking it from us if we don’t take care of business against the Chiefs.

igoe4broncos
12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
You have to believe Panthers-Broncos will be a primetime game. Newton vs. Tebow.

The media will be salivating over that one.

Shazam!
12-29-2011, 07:41 PM
31 other NFL teams have a tough schedule every year.

broncs
01-01-2012, 01:03 PM
rotation factor 09,010,011 seasons i agree. except i had Miami instead of Pats using less times played factor.Pats vs Broncos would be a great rematch game.Carolina game, Newton vs Tebow wow. broncos own division is the easy part of 2012 could be 6 wins there with wins against clev. and tampa your at 8wins. build build build for 2013

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Seems like we get stuck with an extremely tough schedule every year.

I know that not any game in the NFL is easy, but dang...

we got to play the NFC West last year as well as the AFC South. Hardly that difficult...unless ya just became a fan in 2011...

SR
01-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Wouldn't they also play every division winner if they win the division? So you can also add SF, GB, Baltimore (or Shittsburgh depending), etc to that list.

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't they also play every division winner if they win the division? So you can also add SF, GB, Baltimore (or Shittsburgh depending), etc to that list.

No, only two, and those would be AFC division winners.

6 division games
4 against one other AFC division
4 against one other NFC division
2 against teams that finished in the same position the previous season.

FanInAZ
01-01-2012, 04:10 PM

The only non-conference game that teams play are the 4 teams of the one division that their division is required to play. What you suggest would have had us playing all of the last place teams this year. That would have added the Redskins, Panthers & Cardinals to the Broncos’ schedule this year.

igoe4broncos
01-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Looks like I was wrong. They switched things around from what it was supposed to be since we traveled to Carolina and Atlanta last time we played them as well.

Denver Broncos 2012 opponents set (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2012-opponents-set/)

Magnificent Seven
01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Broncos' schedule for 2012

HOME:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Houston

AWAY:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Carolina
New England

SR
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM

No, only two, and those would be AFC division winners.

6 division games
4 against one other AFC division
4 against one other NFC division
2 against teams that finished in the same position the previous season.

Thanks MO.

igoe4broncos
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I'll definitely be hitting up the game in Carolina next year. Will probably go to either Atl or Bal as well.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Dude, holy shit... :shocked:

Don't worry Tebow won't let you down! In 2012 Tebow will have his break out year and he will lead this franchise to a 10-6 season and we make the playoffs in 2012.

Npba900
01-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Broncos' schedule for 2012

HOME:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Houston